Grimm Forum
Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve (/Thread-Adalind-vs-Juliette-Eve)

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Hell Rell - 03-17-2017

(03-17-2017, 10:05 PM)irukandji Wrote: These men apparently were the recipients of probably the greatest sex of their lives with her. Did Adalind reap the same type of benefits with them? I would tend to say not, especially since she said sex with Nick was not fun.

I've seen you use the sex with Nick was not fun line said by Adalind to Viktor before as the definitive proof of what she thought of the experience. Why do you always refer to that scene and ignore when she told Juliette it was "a real whopper"? I'm curious to know why you latch on to the former but disregard the latter.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - MarylikesGrimm - 03-17-2017

(03-17-2017, 10:05 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-17-2017, 07:26 PM)izzy Wrote: So you might be wondering what is the point I am making here. Adalind is healthy girl, with a very flirtatious, low key, seductive nature, very loose moral values, and an apparent need to feel wanted by a man. She is single. The odds are she is having sex frequently with a stable of paramours of her choice. That she got pregnant is of no surprise. Who is the daddy becomes the operative question. In Adalind's case, with her apparent need to have the attention of a man, even if it is negative attention, it is hard to believe she is happy with just her BOB. Ergo it is likely she has been having more than one visitor to her lady garden (see footnote #2). Once again, much goes on with these characters lives that is unseen. It is very reasonable to suspect, Adalind, having had her baby taken from her was seeking affection and human compassion in the form of sex. In reality I would think Nicks odds of being the biological father are 1 in 6 to 1 in 8 (footnote #3).

I was reading this and thinking that Adalind seems to use sex as a tool to get what she wants. Maybe there's a self-esteem thing going there in the fact that she feels empowered using sex. I know Nick made a comment about how great the sex was with her. No doubt Hank felt the same way. Renard has been to bed with her more than once as has his brother Eric.

These men apparently were the recipients of probably the greatest sex of their lives with her. Did Adalind reap the same type of benefits with them? I would tend to say not, especially since she said sex with Nick was not fun.

So here are my thoughts. Orgasm has been called the little death. Can you see Adalind as looking upon herself as empowered by using sex as a tool to administer the little death to the men she sleeps with? It's weird to me because none of them hate her. Instead they come back for more. Or, would love to if she'd give the signal.

I'll also throw something out that I've brought up with regard to Adalind, and that's the issue of being a serial killer. I know a lot of people do not agree with me here, but Adalind has murdered and has a string of attempted murders to her credit. A person doesn't get to that level unless they like killing. Did killing empower Adalind? Did she get the gratification from it she couldn't get from sex, even if it only resulted in attempted murder?

Nick has killed 54 in the show and loves being a grimm so why are you not asking the question of him?

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 03-17-2017

(03-17-2017, 10:36 PM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(03-17-2017, 10:05 PM)irukandji Wrote: These men apparently were the recipients of probably the greatest sex of their lives with her. Did Adalind reap the same type of benefits with them? I would tend to say not, especially since she said sex with Nick was not fun.

I've seen you use the sex with Nick was not fun line said by Adalind to Viktor before as the definitive proof of what she thought of the experience. Why do you always refer to that scene and ignore when she told Juliette it was "a real whopper"? I'm curious to know why you latch on to the former but disregard the latter.

It's simple. I think Adalind was lying when she said that to Juliette.

(03-17-2017, 10:37 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Nick has killed 54 in the show and loves being a grimm so why are you not asking the question of him?

Because we were talking about Adalind.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - izzy - 03-17-2017

(03-17-2017, 10:05 PM)irukandji Wrote: So here are my thoughts. Orgasm has been called the little death. Can you see Adalind as looking upon herself as empowered by using sex as a tool to administer the little death to the men she sleeps with? It's weird to me because none of them hate her. Instead they come back for more. Or, would love to if she'd give the signal.

Women lie to men in bed all the time. Some are masters of the craft of making a man feel good about himself via what the say and do in bed. It isn't just the male appendage that gets stroked so much as the male ego. Some women know how to do that, some instinctively, some by training, some make it their craft. But almost any man will fall for it, myself included. I am older now, and had the good fortune to have almost all amicable separations in relationships. One benefit of keeping in touch with old flames is over the decades things get revealed. I have been a fool more than once in regard to a woman. So in regard to your astute commentary, my little JellyFish, there is nothing weird about it, Adalind is likely,simply a master of her craft and men are draw not her as a moth to a flame.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - FaceInTheCrowd - 03-17-2017

(03-17-2017, 10:05 PM)irukandji Wrote: I was reading this and thinking that Adalind seems to use sex as a tool to get what she wants.

I think that's just the nature of hexenbiests. Beautiful, seductive, manipulative and drawn to power.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - izzy - 03-17-2017

(03-17-2017, 07:36 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Reasonable points, if all we had was Adalind telling Nick he's the father. But we also have her actually learning from Henrietta that she was pregnant. Her immediate reaction was that she couldn't be, because she hadn't been with anyone, and it's only when Henrietta presses her that she remembers Nick. Henrietta didn't strike me as the sort of person Adalind would have felt the need to deny sexual escapades to.

A very astute observation, as always. I'll counter with this point. Adalind is not stupid, she is a lawyer and can think on her feet.

I doubt she would really be taken back by a pregnancy and may have known already and was setting the stage that she wanted. Besides, I know, the default position of many women is, no, there was no one but you. In other words even if the pregnancy was a surprise Adalind's lawyer mind would have steered what she said to the narrative she wanted conveyed out of sheer lawyer instinct. In other words Henrietta was likely getting a very crafted response that combines an amoral and devious mind of a lawyer with the heartless deceit of a blond (I mean a Hexenbiest).

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - MarylikesGrimm - 03-18-2017

(03-17-2017, 11:23 PM)izzy Wrote:
(03-17-2017, 07:36 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Reasonable points, if all we had was Adalind telling Nick he's the father. But we also have her actually learning from Henrietta that she was pregnant. Her immediate reaction was that she couldn't be, because she hadn't been with anyone, and it's only when Henrietta presses her that she remembers Nick. Henrietta didn't strike me as the sort of person Adalind would have felt the need to deny sexual escapades to.

A very astute observation, as always. I'll counter with this point. Adalind is not stupid, she is a lawyer and can think on her feet.

I doubt she would really be taken back by a pregnancy and may have known already and was setting the stage that she wanted. Besides, I know, the default position of many women is, no, there was no one but you. In other words even if the pregnancy was a surprise Adalind's lawyer mind would have steered what she said to the narrative she wanted conveyed out of sheer lawyer instinct. In other words Henrietta was likely getting a very crafted response that combines an amoral and devious mind of a lawyer with the heartless deceit of a blond (I mean a Hexenbiest).

In two differents scenes we are basically seeing Adalind's thoughts that Nick is the only possible father. IMO you are claiming she is so crafty that she has tricked herself when she talks to herself bathroom. If a women knows she is pregnant, why on earth would she give herself three pregnancy tests. She did not even show the results to anyone else and tried to hide it for long as possible and Ken was the one who brought up it was Nick's baby and threaten her and her baby.

If I was Adalind the last men I want as the father of my new baby would be the men involved in taking my first baby.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - jsgrimm45 - 03-18-2017

(03-18-2017, 03:29 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(03-17-2017, 11:23 PM)izzy Wrote:

In two differents scenes we are basically seeing Adalind's thoughts that Nick is the only possible father. IMO you are claiming she is so crafty that she has tricked herself when she talks to herself bathroom. If a women knows she is pregnant, why on earth would she give herself three pregnancy tests. She did not even show the results to anyone else and tried to hide it for long as possible and Ken was the one who brought up it was Nick's baby and threaten her and her baby.

If I was Adalind the last men I want as the father of my new baby would be the men involved in taking my first baby.
Wouldn't we have to add context to the sex with Nick? Was to take his powers and get to see her daughter. So being good sex or not wasn't the question for Adalind, now Nick thought it was Juliette so his feeling about the sex would be different. Think of the pressure Adalind was under add that to her remarks.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 03-18-2017

(03-17-2017, 11:23 PM)izzy Wrote: A very astute observation, as always. I'll counter with this point. Adalind is not stupid, she is a lawyer and can think on her feet.

Well you could be correct on this aspect of it, izzy. Adalind acted shocked that she could be pregnant while in Henrietta's presence. Maybe the shock instead came from the fact that her pregnancy was evident and soon would be to everyone. I don't really get the pregnancy tests in relation to a devious mind. Unless she took the tests to present her now obvious pregnancy to Kenneth. She was getting everyone on the same page, knowledge wise maybe?

I am still suspicious that this is even Nick's baby to begin with. The timing is just way too off for me. But going with the flow, I'll ask. What would be the benefit to Adalind to declare to Nick that it's his baby?

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - rpmaluki - 03-18-2017

Appealing to his savior complex that he'd want to protect (his) child even when there was no guarantee. It was a risk she was willing to take because without actually going to Nick on a hail Mary, she was facing certain death from Juliette. She had zero options/allies to help her. If Nick could show a measure of protectiveness towards the baby, that would buy her time to save herself to the point of suppressing her abilities as a sign of faith from her side.