Grimm Forum
Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve (/Thread-Adalind-vs-Juliette-Eve)

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - MarylikesGrimm - 03-17-2017

(03-17-2017, 10:04 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: It could even be possible that Adalind did become pregnant while Juliette, then turned back into a non-pregnant Adalind, who then became pregnant again because she still had the swimmers inside her.

Depends on how much time passed between the sex and when "Juliette" turned back into Adalind. Based on what we see on the screen, it's not more than an hour, so I would agree, it's not likely that she became pregnant while Juliette. But it's not impossible, either.

On screen Adalind turns back into Juliette in the taxi, I would say less than an hour and maybe a lot less. Trubel saw her change.

When you consider that sperm travel (fastest) at a rate of roughly 2.5cm every 15 minutes, that's quite a trip.

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/a545272/how-you-conceive#ixzz4bbZM8XRi

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - rpmaluki - 03-17-2017

(03-17-2017, 10:30 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(03-17-2017, 10:04 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: It could even be possible that Adalind did become pregnant while Juliette, then turned back into a non-pregnant Adalind, who then became pregnant again because she still had the swimmers inside her.

Depends on how much time passed between the sex and when "Juliette" turned back into Adalind. Based on what we see on the screen, it's not more than an hour, so I would agree, it's not likely that she became pregnant while Juliette. But it's not impossible, either.

On screen Adalind turns back into Juliette in the taxi, I would say less than an hour and maybe a lot less. Trubel saw her change.

When you consider that sperm travel (fastest) at a rate of roughly 2.5cm every 15 minutes, that's quite a trip.

Basically, "Juliette" couldn't have been the one impregnated.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 03-17-2017

(03-17-2017, 10:54 AM)rpmaluki Wrote:

I don't think there was a Juliette.

(03-17-2017, 10:04 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote:
(03-17-2017, 08:27 AM)irukandji Wrote: Nope. According to the theory, it wouldn't make any difference if Juliette isn't likely to become pregnant, would it? You and Mary both said it takes some time for egg and sperm to unite, right?

The only way for Adalind to become pregnant is to remain Adalind. The only way she could do that is via illusion, making Nick think it was Juliette he was with.

Adalind could become pregnant by turning back into Adalind while she's still carrying Nick's sperm in her.

It could even be possible that Adalind did become pregnant while Juliette, then turned back into a non-pregnant Adalind, who then became pregnant again because she still had the swimmers inside her.

It was Adalind all along, so the sperm was already where it needed to be. There would be no way "Juliette" could become pregnant because there was no Juliette, only a fantasy illusion made by Adalind.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - rpmaluki - 03-17-2017

(03-17-2017, 11:31 AM)irukandji Wrote:

I've been saying this the whole time.

(03-17-2017, 11:37 AM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(03-17-2017, 11:31 AM)irukandji Wrote:

I've been saying this the whole time.

I know. You mentioned it earlier.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - izzy - 03-17-2017

(03-17-2017, 10:04 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote:
(03-17-2017, 08:27 AM)irukandji Wrote: Nope. According to the theory, it wouldn't make any difference if Juliette isn't likely to become pregnant, would it? You and Mary both said it takes some time for egg and sperm to unite, right?

The only way for Adalind to become pregnant is to remain Adalind. The only way she could do that is via illusion, making Nick think it was Juliette he was with.

Adalind could become pregnant by turning back into Adalind while she's still carrying Nick's sperm in her.

It could even be possible that Adalind did become pregnant while Juliette, then turned back into a non-pregnant Adalind, who then became pregnant again because she still had the swimmers inside her.

(03-17-2017, 08:44 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Agreed, if they switched bodies then Adalind turned in to Juliette would not remember the mission anyway.

It would be a pretty useless spell if you turned so completely into another person that you actually thought like them and not like yourself. Whoever devised that spell would certainly have formulated it to not affect the brain.

I'll remind you that we only see the plot points on the screen We are left to assume that offs screen the characters have daily lives that mimic real life. So Wu, likely gets up and eats breakfast (or not) showers at some point in a day, brushes his teeth. Hank probably urinates and defecates but we never witness that on the screen Hank and Wu probably have both had many dates that we never witnessed (how odd would it be for 2 single men with good jobs and good benefits not to have more than just a couple of dates in 6 years - see footnote #1). The probably both self-gratify several times a week. Likewise Rosalee, Truble, and Adaind likely have monthly cycles we have never been exposed to (I am less sure about Juliette, she is so skinny, doesn't that sort of shut down once you get so malnourished?).

So you might be wondering what is the point I am making here. Adalind is healthy girl, with a very flirtatious, low key, seductive nature, very loose moral values, and an apparent need to feel wanted by a man. She is single. The odds are she is having sex frequently with a stable of paramours of her choice. That she got pregnant is of no surprise. Who is the daddy becomes the operative question. Just as we do not witness Hank or Wu on dates or self gratifying, we can safely assume they do. In Adalind's case, with her apparent need to have the attention of a man, even if it is negative attention, it is hard to believe she is happy with just her BOB. Ergo it is likely she has been having more than one visitor to her lady garden (see footnote #2). Once again, much goes on with these characters lives that is unseen. It is very reasonable to suspect, Adalind, having had her baby taken from her was seeking affection and human compassion in the form of sex. In reality I would think Nicks odds of being the biological father are 1 in 6 to 1 in 8 (footnote #3).

Regards,

Footnote(s)

#1 In my community (a rather impoverished, and dismal place, where corruption and gang violence rule the lower socio-demographics) there are several lower end bars that are frequented by the cops and firefighters and a couple of mid-tier bars that are loaded with municipal employees and teachers. Given the demographics of the area these bars have a steady stream of women willing to take a roll in the hay on the chance of developing something with a guy who might serve as a way out to them. To wit there are a plethora of younger illegal alien females looking to become legalized through marriage. The male scum inhabiting these bars are very aware of that and leverage it to their sexual advantage. The point of this is, I have never met a cop or fireman who cannot walk into a selected bar and walk out with a snuggle bunny or shakedown a hooker for a freebie. So the idea that Hank or Wu are not getting some adult action is rather preposterous. We already know neither Hank or Wu are virtuous because of their disregard for their oath of office and public duty. In terms of the show a decent assumption is they are not dating, they just have one nighters or FWBs who are hoping for more.

Once again she is gorgeous. Adalind does not lack for male attention and seems to live for it. It would be very unrealistic to think she is sitting at home at night washing her hair while awaiting her next Grimm scene appearance. She is likely out there looking for the one to become "her man" and given her proclivities and male expectations of mid 30s dating, a chaste relationship is not likely part of the equation.

Likely when Adalind is with another man, there is more than one episodes of adult relations per evening. The odds of Nick's swimmers out pacing and not falling prey to the killer essence of other males is a fairly low.

A few years back in the aforementioned cop bar scene paternity situation arose. Of the 3 possible fathers named none were actually the father - oops.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - FaceInTheCrowd - 03-17-2017

Reasonable points, if all we had was Adalind telling Nick he's the father. But we also have her actually learning from Henrietta that she was pregnant. Her immediate reaction was that she couldn't be, because she hadn't been with anyone, and it's only when Henrietta presses her that she remembers Nick. Henrietta didn't strike me as the sort of person Adalind would have felt the need to deny sexual escapades to.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - MarylikesGrimm - 03-17-2017

(03-17-2017, 07:26 PM)izzy Wrote: I'll remind you that we only see the plot points on the screen We are left to assume that offs screen the characters have daily lives that mimic real life. So Wu, likely gets up and eats breakfast (or not) showers at some point in a day, brushes his teeth. Hank probably urinates and defecates but we never witness that on the screen Hank and Wu probably have both had many dates that we never witnessed (how odd would it be for 2 single men with good jobs and good benefits not to have more than just a couple of dates in 6 years - see footnote #1). The probably both self-gratify several times a week. Likewise Rosalee, Truble, and Adaind likely have monthly cycles we have never been exposed to (I am less sure about Juliette, she is so skinny, doesn't that sort of shut down once you get so malnourished?).

So you might be wondering what is the point I am making here. Adalind is healthy girl, with a very flirtatious, low key, seductive nature, very loose moral values, and an apparent need to feel wanted by a man. She is single. The odds are she is having sex frequently with a stable of paramours of her choice. That she got pregnant is of no surprise. Who is the daddy becomes the operative question. Just as we do not witness Hank or Wu on dates or self gratifying, we can safely assume they do. In Adalind's case, with her apparent need to have the attention of a man, even if it is negative attention, it is hard to believe she is happy with just her BOB. Ergo it is likely she has been having more than one visitor to her lady garden (see footnote #2). Once again, much goes on with these characters lives that is unseen. It is very reasonable to suspect, Adalind, having had her baby taken from her was seeking affection and human compassion in the form of sex. In reality I would think Nicks odds of being the biological father are 1 in 6 to 1 in 8 (footnote #3).

Regards,

Footnote(s)

#1 In my community (a rather impoverished, and dismal place, where corruption and gang violence rule the lower socio-demographics) there are several lower end bars that are frequented by the cops and firefighters and a couple of mid-tier bars that are loaded with municipal employees and teachers. Given the demographics of the area these bars have a steady stream of women willing to take a roll in the hay on the chance of developing something with a guy who might serve as a way out to them. To wit there are a plethora of younger illegal alien females looking to become legalized through marriage. The male scum inhabiting these bars are very aware of that and leverage it to their sexual advantage. The point of this is, I have never met a cop or fireman who cannot walk into a selected bar and walk out with a snuggle bunny or shakedown a hooker for a freebie. So the idea that Hank or Wu are not getting some adult action is rather preposterous. We already know neither Hank or Wu are virtuous because of their disregard for their oath of office and public duty. In terms of the show a decent assumption is they are not dating, they just have one nighters or FWBs who are hoping for more.

Once again she is gorgeous. Adalind does not lack for male attention and seems to live for it. It would be very unrealistic to think she is sitting at home at night washing her hair while awaiting her next Grimm scene appearance. She is likely out there looking for the one to become "her man" and given her proclivities and male expectations of mid 30s dating, a chaste relationship is not likely part of the equation.

Likely when Adalind is with another man, there is more than one episodes of adult relations per evening. The odds of Nick's swimmers out pacing and not falling prey to the killer essence of other males is a fairly low.

A few years back in the aforementioned cop bar scene paternity situation arose. Of the 3 possible fathers named none were actually the father - oops.

Adalind left Nick's house in "Blond Ambition" went straight to Europe and the royal family. Adalind had a royal bodyguard or was followed by the royal bodyguards until Iron Hans.

When talking to Henrietta we see her thoughts that she has no sex with anyone for long time except Nick. After the pregnancy tests for Kelly, Adalind talked to herself and she say she had no sex except for Nick for a long time so she wanted to sleep with someone to hide the fact Nick was the father. Ken and the royals knew she had no random sex during the time she stayed with them so if Viktor could not be a father then the baby's father had to be Nick's.

In the whole series, Adalind sleeps with men to do spells or for something very specific reason. We never see her pick up guys to have fun at all. In fact, IMO the only man in the show Adalind sleeps with for fun is Nick.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Hell Rell - 03-17-2017

Adalind didn't have male paramours in late season 3. Mainly because she was constantly running for her life after giving birth to Diana and then trying to get her back after she was kidnapped. The only other man she could've slept with was Renard.

We don't have to imagine what she did off screen because her goal was to get Diana back which lead her to sleeping with Nick and back to Austria. She was imprisoned by the royals from then on until released by Viktor whom she traveled back to Portland with along with his goon squad. There was no one else.

(03-17-2017, 07:26 PM)izzy Wrote: So you might be wondering what is the point I am making here. Adalind is healthy girl, with a very flirtatious, low key, seductive nature, very loose moral values, and an apparent need to feel wanted by a man. She is single. The odds are she is having sex frequently with a stable of paramours of her choice. That she got pregnant is of no surprise. Who is the daddy becomes the operative question. In Adalind's case, with her apparent need to have the attention of a man, even if it is negative attention, it is hard to believe she is happy with just her BOB. Ergo it is likely she has been having more than one visitor to her lady garden (see footnote #2). Once again, much goes on with these characters lives that is unseen. It is very reasonable to suspect, Adalind, having had her baby taken from her was seeking affection and human compassion in the form of sex. In reality I would think Nicks odds of being the biological father are 1 in 6 to 1 in 8 (footnote #3).

I was reading this and thinking that Adalind seems to use sex as a tool to get what she wants. Maybe there's a self-esteem thing going there in the fact that she feels empowered using sex. I know Nick made a comment about how great the sex was with her. No doubt Hank felt the same way. Renard has been to bed with her more than once as has his brother Eric.

These men apparently were the recipients of probably the greatest sex of their lives with her. Did Adalind reap the same type of benefits with them? I would tend to say not, especially since she said sex with Nick was not fun.

So here are my thoughts. Orgasm has been called the little death. Can you see Adalind as looking upon herself as empowered by using sex as a tool to administer the little death to the men she sleeps with? It's weird to me because none of them hate her. Instead they come back for more. Or, would love to if she'd give the signal.

I'll also throw something out that I've brought up with regard to Adalind, and that's the issue of being a serial killer. I know a lot of people do not agree with me here, but Adalind has murdered and has a string of attempted murders to her credit. A person doesn't get to that level unless they like killing. Did killing empower Adalind? Did she get the gratification from it she couldn't get from sex, even if it only resulted in attempted murder?