Grimm Forum
Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve (/Thread-Adalind-vs-Juliette-Eve)

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - FaceInTheCrowd - 03-16-2017

What's interesting is that when Adalind became Juliette she never had occaision to woge and when Eve became Sean she didn't come up woged. And, of course, Juliette didn't appear to acquire Adalind's ability to woge until she actually became a hexenbiest herself. So when Nick became Sean and immediately woged, was that just because the spell worked differently on Grimms? Nobody mentioned to Adalind that Nick as Sean had woged, so we don't know if she would have said "that's not supposed to happen."

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - rpmaluki - 03-16-2017

The spell definitely reacted differently with Nick, as you say. He came up woged after the transformation but the spell bound him in the Renard form much longer than it was supposed to. He would have stayed that way indefinitely had it not been for Diana, who knew he wasn't her father immediately. Monroe said that spells cast on Grimms resulted in death but Nick isn't a normal Grimm because of the whole stealing each other's powers that has in fact bound Adalind and Nick on a cellular level. And now that their powerless states have been reversed, we know that Adalind is now immune to Grimm blood and I imagine the reversal applies in that Nick is also immune, in that although he can be hexed, he just won't die as a result.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 03-17-2017

(03-16-2017, 08:03 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Verfluchte Zwillingsschwester translates to "cursed twin sister." Twins are still separate people, so having the name be "zwilling" (twin) rather than "dopple" (double) implies that the spell is designed to preserve the user's individuality.

The problem I see with the twin theory is that it can't work to create a pregnancy. In my opinion, you can't be another person and carry that sperm and the other person's unfertilized egg over to your real body when you change back.

Grimm should have done what was done in the movie Excalibur and used illusion, which is really a part of magic anyway. Adalind could have given the illusion she was Juliette and remained herself the entire time, mind, body and all.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - MarylikesGrimm - 03-17-2017

(03-17-2017, 04:43 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-16-2017, 08:03 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Verfluchte Zwillingsschwester translates to "cursed twin sister." Twins are still separate people, so having the name be "zwilling" (twin) rather than "dopple" (double) implies that the spell is designed to preserve the user's individuality.

The problem I see with the twin theory is that it can't work to create a pregnancy. In my opinion, you can't be another person and carry that sperm and the other person's unfertilized egg over to your real body when you change back.

Grimm should have done what was done in the movie Excalibur and used illusion, which is really a part of magic anyway. Adalind could have given the illusion she was Juliette and remained herself the entire time, mind, body and all.

What does the Juliette's egg have to do with? Adalind has her own eggs.

(03-17-2017, 05:36 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(03-17-2017, 04:43 AM)irukandji Wrote:

What does the Juliette's egg have to do with? Adalind has her own eggs.

If you think she was Adalind and it was all an illusion, in other words we really didn't see Juliette, then nothing at all.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - FaceInTheCrowd - 03-17-2017

(03-17-2017, 04:43 AM)irukandji Wrote: The problem I see with the twin theory is that it can't work to create a pregnancy. In my opinion, you can't be another person and carry that sperm and the other person's unfertilized egg over to your real body when you change back.

We can't really say "can't" about anything this fictional spell does because it's fictional. But assuming you're right, then it just means that fertilization didn't occur until after Adalind changed back into herself.

(03-17-2017, 06:46 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote:
(03-17-2017, 04:43 AM)irukandji Wrote: The problem I see with the twin theory is that it can't work to create a pregnancy. In my opinion, you can't be another person and carry that sperm and the other person's unfertilized egg over to your real body when you change back.

We can't really say "can't" about anything this fictional spell does because it's fictional. But assuming you're right, then it just means that fertilization didn't occur until after Adalind changed back into herself.

In my opinion, this would only work if you believe that there is no twin spell and there was no Juliette. It was Adalind in illusion form. Since we've seen something completely different, I can't go with that theory. But I can understand if others do. Whatever makes sense, I guess.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - brandon - 03-17-2017

You have to take into account that I think it also mentions mirror-And what you see on the right side is the left

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - FaceInTheCrowd - 03-17-2017

(03-17-2017, 06:57 AM)irukandji Wrote: In my opinion, this would only work if you believe that there is no twin spell and there was no Juliette. It was Adalind in illusion form. Since we've seen something completely different, I can't go with that theory. But I can understand if others do. Whatever makes sense, I guess.

Fertilization doesn't occur instantaneously during sex. It can take up to several days. Plenty of time for Adalind to change back before it happened.

(03-17-2017, 07:10 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote:
(03-17-2017, 06:57 AM)irukandji Wrote: In my opinion, this would only work if you believe that there is no twin spell and there was no Juliette. It was Adalind in illusion form. Since we've seen something completely different, I can't go with that theory. But I can understand if others do. Whatever makes sense, I guess.

Fertilization doesn't occur instantaneously during sex. It can take up to several days. Plenty of time for Adalind to change back before it happened.

Right. If you believe she had her own body the whole time and was simply an illusion to Nick.