Grimm Forum
Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve (/Thread-Adalind-vs-Juliette-Eve)

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 03-16-2017

(03-16-2017, 07:40 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Nick cells changed to look Sean outside but the DNA on the inside really is the original person. Your brain stores in neurons if your neurons becomes someone else you would lose your memories.

His spirit which would consist of his intelligence, his feeling, and his thoughts were the only thing left about Nick when he morphed into Sean. The body and DNA were Sean's.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - rpmaluki - 03-16-2017

Adalind fell pregnant hours after the sex and transforming back into herself so it doesn't matter if they physically became that other person, which I don't believe is the case.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - MarylikesGrimm - 03-16-2017

(03-16-2017, 07:47 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-16-2017, 07:40 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Nick cells changed to look Sean outside but the DNA on the inside really is the original person. Your brain stores in neurons if your neurons becomes someone else you would lose your memories.

His spirit which would consist of his intelligence, his feeling, and his thoughts were the only thing left about Nick when he morphed into Sean. The body and DNA were Sean's.

Sorry, I believe your memories are stored in your brain. Much of your body is bactria and I do not think your bactria turns into someone else bactria either.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - syscrash - 03-16-2017

Quote:His spirit which would consist of his intelligence, his feeling, and his thoughts were the only thing left about Nick when he morphed into Sean. The body and DNA were Sean's.
I would agree if you are using the concept that because these things are intangible. They can be transferred into another physical receptacle. You could then theorize that Nick could fight because of mussel memory. assuming that term actually says that mussels can remember.
Lets not forget this is not how the body actually works but it does make for a good fantasy explanation.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 03-16-2017

(03-16-2017, 07:55 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(03-16-2017, 07:47 AM)irukandji Wrote:

Sorry, I believe your memories are stored in your brain. Much of your body is bactria and I do not think your bactria turns into someone else bactria either.

Well, I just don't agree that a brain floats from body to body or that one's uterus remains in place even though there's all kinds of changes going on around it. That makes no sense to me. Plus there's a strange timeline with this baby. The creative team announced that it was Nick's baby, and it may remain so. But I wouldn't be surprised if it came out that it wasn't his baby at all because nothing makes sense about it.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - New Guy - 03-16-2017

(03-16-2017, 07:57 AM)syscrash Wrote: You could then theorize that Nick could fight because of mussel memory. assuming that term actually says that mussels can remember.
Lets not forget this is not how the body actually works but it does make for a good fantasy explanation.
Hi Syscrash,
Are you saying Nick is a spineless mollusc?
Quote:Mussel is the common name used for members of several families of bivalve molluscs, from saltwater and freshwater habitats. Any animal that has a soft body, no spine, and is often covered with a shell.
Good one! Big Grin
N G

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - brandon - 03-16-2017

The thing and species 2.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Robyn - 03-16-2017

The disconnect for me is that every cell in Adalind’s body turned in to Juliette’s except the brain, along with emotions, memories, and attitude. If the spell absolutely made Adalind’s eggs and uterus become Juliette’s why isn’t the brain equally effected?

Nick looked and sounded like Renard but had to work at mimicking Renard’s mannerisms. Again, if Nick was absolutely 100% to the point that a child fathered at that time would actually be Renard’s, why didn’t Nick’s brain turn into Renard’s along with his sperm and penis?

Isn’t the spell simply a ruse/misdirection? It allows the caster to mimic the target but he/she doesn’t become the target on a cellular level.

I agree with syscrash that G & K aren’t smart enough for such a complex undertaking. They wanted Adalind and Nick to have a baby and Juliette to become a Hexenbiest. So they came up with another spell that required sex.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - FaceInTheCrowd - 03-16-2017

Verfluchte Zwillingsschwester translates to "cursed twin sister." Twins are still separate people, so having the name be "zwilling" (twin) rather than "dopple" (double) implies that the spell is designed to preserve the user's individuality.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - rpmaluki - 03-16-2017

(03-16-2017, 08:03 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Verfluchte Zwillingsschwester translates to "cursed twin sister." Twins are still separate people, so having the name be "zwilling" (twin) rather than "dopple" (double) implies that the spell is designed to preserve the user's individuality.
So it's a twinning spell. The individual remain themselves except in looks. They become the other person's "twin". This is what I was trying to say in my own limited way.