Grimm Forum
Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve (/Thread-Adalind-vs-Juliette-Eve)

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - wfmyers1207 - 02-04-2016

I'm sorry folks, because I know many of you like her character. But IMHO they should have killed off Juliette back in S1. Aunt Marie was right and Kelly was wrong. Huh

Nick needed to get her out of his life for her own good. And as far as the show is concerned, Juliette was never anything more than a distraction at best, and a millstone on Nick's back at worst. Confused

He was always having to take her into account whenever the s%^t hit the fan. It was just one more factor that was more likely to get him killed than to be a help to him. Huh

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Fallout merc - 02-04-2016

(02-04-2016, 10:16 AM)New Guy Wrote: Hi Fallout,
Thanks for your comments. I'll just add to them:
Quote:1 the proposal

Nick proposed to her before she went in a coma not after and during that time she knew nick was hiding something from her and I can only assume they never did that before and she was right so she made a (smart) decision not to rush into something that affects her life blindly until nick was ready. This is about her life as much as it is about nick rushing into marriage knowing nick is being dishonest about being a grimm and as viewers knowing what a grimm is would have been foolish regardless of nicks feelings
The proposal was in 1.16. Juliette's refusal was:
Quote:N: Okay, look, I know that this weekend didn't turn out the way I planned. And, uh, I think the thing of it is, you kind of have to make your own perfect moments. So Juliette, will you be my wife?
J: I can't. I love you so much. And I really, really want to marry you someday. But I can't right now.
N: Because of what? I'm a cop? Is that ...
J: It's not because of your job. It's you. I feel like you've been keeping things from me. You've been so closed off. I know how hard Aunt Marie's death was for you. But until you can let me back in again I can't say yes.
So what happens when Nick "lets {her} back in?" Nothing.
You claim Nick was dishonest. He was protecting her from the shock most humans experience upon exposure to Wesen. Both Hank and Wu were more than just shocked. When he took her to the trailer, she did not believe him, began to cry and told him he needed help. IMO, Nick was justified in "protecting" her. Her reason to spurn him was bogus. If anyone was "dishonest" it was Juliette.
Your second point:
Quote:2 the love curse was adalinds doing and she did it to get back at nick ( see what I mean). She bearlly had controle of her emotions same with renard and they tried to fight it. When Juliette lost her memories nick was a stranger to her and she didn't know why and nick did but he couldn't tell her then after taking the cure for the obsession she kept seeing images of nick where ever she went and it sacred her but then she got her memories back ( by herself) and she knew she was wrong and she accepted him and his grimm world
You seem to be saying Nick knew why she lost her memories of him. Can you explain what he knew and why he didn't provide that information to Juliette? Nick let her stay in his house and even moved out so Juliette could regain her memories. The NBC recap of 2.03 states:
Quote:A new day for Nick brings another trip to the hospital to check in on his girlfriend, Juliette. After waking up from a coma, Juliette can't seem to remember Nick. In hopes of bringing back her memory, Nick brings his computer, which has dozens of photos showing off their relationship. Unfortunately, Juliette only knows Nick as the police officer who took her to the hospital, not the Nick who has been her boyfriend for several years. Frustrated and confused, Nick asks Dr. Saliman what he can do to help Juliette. The doctor simply advises Nick to be patient and wait for more test results to come in.
IMO, Nick showed compassion and tried to help Juliette. She was not "by herself."
The "love curse" drove wedges of mistrust between Nick and Juliette, and Nick and Renard. Note that Nick risked "side effects" of the pure of heart potion to cure Juliette. What if it backfired as severely as the re-grimm potion did on Juliette? You also say "they (J & R) tried to fight it" and I agree, but Juliette was a good marksman and in the most violent hate sex scene, she takes Renard's gun and fires it several times. At close range, why didn't she blow his zauberbiest brains out? He did break into the house and such an intruder is fair game for self defense.
New Guy

How was her reason bogus like I said as far as we know they held no secrets from each other now she notices nick is hiding somthing from her and she's right. even if nick had a good reason not to tell her because he wasn't ready to confind in her she probrobly felt nick didn't trust her and while I may not be married trust is important in a relationship.

Now about hank and wu the diffrence between them and Juliette is both hank and wu saw their first wesen and vog before nick could tell them the truth and during that time they thought they were crazy and as a result they almost quit their jobs. Wu pretty much called nick out on keeping him in the dark while he knew the truth the whole time despite his good intentions nick almost lost his freinds by keeping things from them.

Now back Juliette unlike wu and hank nick tried to tel her the truth before she ever saw a wesen she didn't believe him and why should she ? Who would ever believe that there are monsters disguised as normal everyday people without any proof that's why both hank and wu thought they had gone crazy wesen defy normal logic. Her reaction to nicks secret was natural anyone would have reacted the same way and again he could not prove he was telling the truth at the time.

Sure maybe that's not fair but it's not her fault for reacting in a way anyone else in her shoes would have reacted.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - crossbar - 02-04-2016

I hate to say it, because I liked the character of Juliette. But, I need to be honest with myself. Juliette and Nick didn't have very strong on screen chemistry.

I starting to believe that maybe it would have been best to have Juliette killed off completely.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Fallout merc - 02-04-2016

(02-04-2016, 01:20 PM)crossbar Wrote: I hate to say it, because I liked the character of Juliette. But, I need to be honest with myself. Juliette and Nick didn't have very strong on screen chemistry.

I starting to believe that maybe it would have been best to have Juliette killed off completely.

Ship chemistry is overrated and when every thought they had killed her off raitings still went down and in the episode where they did bring her back raitings stayed the same and viewership went up that may mean nothing but Still does it really matter whether or not Juliette is in the show or not everyone hates just like not everyone hates Adalind.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - New Guy - 02-04-2016

(02-04-2016, 12:15 PM)Fallout merc Wrote:
(02-04-2016, 10:16 AM)New Guy Wrote: Hi Fallout,
Thanks for your comments. I'll just add to them:
Quote:1 the proposal

Nick proposed to her before she went in a coma not after and during that time she knew nick was hiding something from her and I can only assume they never did that before and she was right so she made a (smart) decision not to rush into something that affects her life blindly until nick was ready. This is about her life as much as it is about nick rushing into marriage knowing nick is being dishonest about being a grimm and as viewers knowing what a grimm is would have been foolish regardless of nicks feelings
The proposal was in 1.16. Juliette's refusal was:
Quote:N: Okay, look, I know that this weekend didn't turn out the way I planned. And, uh, I think the thing of it is, you kind of have to make your own perfect moments. So Juliette, will you be my wife?
J: I can't. I love you so much. And I really, really want to marry you someday. But I can't right now.
N: Because of what? I'm a cop? Is that ...
J: It's not because of your job. It's you. I feel like you've been keeping things from me. You've been so closed off. I know how hard Aunt Marie's death was for you. But until you can let me back in again I can't say yes.
So what happens when Nick "lets {her} back in?" Nothing.
You claim Nick was dishonest. He was protecting her from the shock most humans experience upon exposure to Wesen. Both Hank and Wu were more than just shocked. When he took her to the trailer, she did not believe him, began to cry and told him he needed help. IMO, Nick was justified in "protecting" her. Her reason to spurn him was bogus. If anyone was "dishonest" it was Juliette.
Your second point:
Quote:2 the love curse was adalinds doing and she did it to get back at nick ( see what I mean). She bearlly had controle of her emotions same with renard and they tried to fight it. When Juliette lost her memories nick was a stranger to her and she didn't know why and nick did but he couldn't tell her then after taking the cure for the obsession she kept seeing images of nick where ever she went and it sacred her but then she got her memories back ( by herself) and she knew she was wrong and she accepted him and his grimm world
You seem to be saying Nick knew why she lost her memories of him. Can you explain what he knew and why he didn't provide that information to Juliette? Nick let her stay in his house and even moved out so Juliette could regain her memories. The NBC recap of 2.03 states:
Quote:A new day for Nick brings another trip to the hospital to check in on his girlfriend, Juliette. After waking up from a coma, Juliette can't seem to remember Nick. In hopes of bringing back her memory, Nick brings his computer, which has dozens of photos showing off their relationship. Unfortunately, Juliette only knows Nick as the police officer who took her to the hospital, not the Nick who has been her boyfriend for several years. Frustrated and confused, Nick asks Dr. Saliman what he can do to help Juliette. The doctor simply advises Nick to be patient and wait for more test results to come in.
IMO, Nick showed compassion and tried to help Juliette. She was not "by herself."
The "love curse" drove wedges of mistrust between Nick and Juliette, and Nick and Renard. Note that Nick risked "side effects" of the pure of heart potion to cure Juliette. What if it backfired as severely as the re-grimm potion did on Juliette? You also say "they (J & R) tried to fight it" and I agree, but Juliette was a good marksman and in the most violent hate sex scene, she takes Renard's gun and fires it several times. At close range, why didn't she blow his zauberbiest brains out? He did break into the house and such an intruder is fair game for self defense.
New Guy

How was her reason bogus like I said as far as we know they held no secrets from each other now she notices nick is hiding somthing from her and she's right. even if nick had a good reason not to tell her because he wasn't ready to confind in her she probrobly felt nick didn't trust her and while I may not be married trust is important in a relationship.

Now about hank and wu the diffrence between them and Juliette is both hank and wu saw their first wesen and vog before nick could tell them the truth and during that time they thought they were crazy and as a result they almost quit their jobs. Wu pretty much called nick out on keeping him in the dark while he knew the truth the whole time despite his good intentions nick almost lost his freinds by keeping things from them.

Now back Juliette unlike wu and hank nick tried to tel her the truth before she ever saw a wesen she didn't believe him and why should she ? Who would ever believe that there are monsters disguised as normal everyday people without any proof that's why both hank and wu thought they had gone crazy wesen defy normal logic. Her reaction to nicks secret was natural anyone would have reacted the same way and again he could not prove he was telling the truth at the time.

Sure maybe that's not fair but it's not her fault for reacting in a way anyone else in her shoes would have reacted.
Hi Fallout,
Thanks for your comments. In general and IMO, Juliette had times of support for Nick. At other times she without valid reason treated him badly. It culminated in her becoming Nick's nemesis and The Leading Villain. From a plot standpoint she abandoned the minor supporting role of sweet Juliette Silverton, DVM the soon to be engaged lover of the lead character. As Nick's Nemesis, she committed multiple capital crimes against Nick and the citizens of Portland. In a proper Grimm Fairy Tale, she would end up dead. In the Grimm TV series, many of the evil, criminal characters end up dead. Juliette died in 4.22 as confirmed by all succeeding episodes. The writers continue to say Juliette is dead. Eve is Juliette. Is Eve a living corpse (FrankenEve) or was Juliette somehow resuscitated? Regardless it is a travesty of justice for her to be exonerated of her crimes by putting a wig on her and calling her Eve.
New Guy

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 02-04-2016

(02-04-2016, 01:20 PM)crossbar Wrote: I hate to say it, because I liked the character of Juliette. But, I need to be honest with myself. Juliette and Nick didn't have very strong on screen chemistry.

I don't think they had much chemistry either. However, in my opinion, that's not a reason to kill a character off. Neither is an extremely vague warning from Aunt Marie. What is it about Grimm that characters just can't come right out and say what they mean? They go through all of this innuendo in an attempt to be suspenseful when they're anything but. If Marie was so concerned about Nick, she should have spilled the beans about the Grimm life years ago.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Saranghaeyo Oppa - 02-04-2016

(02-03-2016, 02:00 PM)irukandji Wrote: So here's my question. Is it easier to hate Juliette because she doesn't have a background like the other characters?

I don't hate Juliette at all but she is a character that didn't belong in Nick's world. She is also a lesson for him " Kehrseite don't belong in Nick's world and needs to be carefull on how many people he brings into his world. His aunt warned him that If he loved Juliette,he should let her go. Hank and Wu also should be careful because Nick's World isn't safe for Kehrseite.
Now she is of help but for how long will she remain that way. All The bad things she's done will come back to haunt her the queues when will it haunt her. Julliette use to be kind and sweet. The question is will Juliette ever return to being the sweet girl Nick used to be in love with.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 02-04-2016

(02-04-2016, 06:17 PM)Saranghaeyo Oppa Wrote: I don't hate Juliette at all but she is a character that didn't belong in Nick's world

Why?

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Saranghaeyo Oppa - 02-04-2016

(02-03-2016, 12:22 PM)New Guy Wrote: Hello Forum,
First, thank you Nadalind1987 for starting this thread, Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve. The show is called Grimm and the lead character is Nick Burkhardt. I note you refer to Bitsie Tulloch's character as Juliette/Eve. IMO, there is only one persona which is Juliette/Hexenette/FankenEve. We discuss her character ad nauseam because Juliette (pre hexen - human), Hexenette (post hexen - living) and FrankenEve (post hexen robotic thing - dead).
You made a couple of points that continue to be debated:
Quote:Nick has turned away from Juliette in disgust...
Juliette laughed into Nick's face when he told her that he loves her...
There were many trials that came upon Juliette. Although she did not seek these trials she is responsible for her reaction.
In the flashbacks of Nick and Juliette they expressed their love and moved in together. I the pilot episode 1.01, Nick is buying an engagement ring. Nick knows nothing about Wesen and Grimms. Then the action begins. Nick cannot explain what he does not know but has to deal with life threatening issues.
1. Nick proposes. Juliette spurns him. That was her choice.
2. Adalind does the cat scratch thing. Juliette loses all memory of Nick. Renard and Elizabeth do the kiss cure. Juliette returns to the house she shares with Nick and treats him like dirt. Her Choice.
3. Then she goes hate sex with Renard. Again, her choice.
4. Adalind steal Nick's Grimm powers. Nick and Juliette decide to do the potion/spell to re-Grimm. Again, her choice.
5. Now to your first point. The hexen side effect grows stronger. Juliette does not say anything to Nick, she simply Woges into a hideous corpse faced monster and demands a kiss. Again, her choice.
[Image: juliette-silverton-bitsie-tulloch-and-ni...untoli.png]
Kiss her? Most Grimms would decapitate her immediately! She seems to take morbid pleasure in hurting Nick.
6. Your second point about Juliette laughs at Nick who continues to love her in spite of all she has made him endure. I have always questioned her sincerity. At this point, clearly she has no love in her.
7. Juliette continues down a path of hatred, debauchery and violence. This culminates in the death of Kelly Burkhardt.
Season 5 ends at the climax of the plot with a lot of violence and death. Meisner kills the villain King Fredrick. Nick comes home to mourn his Mother. Juliette shows up, admits to her betrayal of Kelly, shows no remorse and taunts Nick to kill her. Nick cannot kill the love of his life so she launches into a violent attack on him with intent to rip off his head, but Trubel stops her. Juliette dies in Nick's arms. At her last breath she gasps "Nick."
[Image: latest?cb=20150517225656]
Here is a clip the touches upon many of these plot points:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Sw9u7bAddw
NBC went to some expense to tease a proper end to Juliette, including filming her "funeral" and deleting Bitsie from the show credits.
Yet she is back again as the wooden, robotic, emotionless FrankenEve. The writers have taken the most despised character, jacked up her power above all other characters on the show and given her the role of savior of all humanity. At least they seem to realize how Nick should feel about her. He says "I need to bury her One way or another." I agree with Nick. We endured "Eve of Destruction." It is time to "Entomb Eve."
New Guy
I agree, once she started to change Juliette lost control but never trusted her friends. She chose to go to Sean who didn't really care for her well being. Unlike if she had went to Rosalee ,she would have worked her ass off to help Juliette. Juliette was mad at what happen to her and put all the blame on Nick. So she tortured him, didn't even give him a chance to accept her, try to make it work. Instead she woge in front of him and ask for a kiss. Ofcourse Nick is still trying to be a different Grimm, giving all Wesen a chance to live their lives but still their true selves aren't attractive sometimes. He still would need time to accept the new her but she let her rage control her action and also didn't give a damn at what she was doing. smh smh smh

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - syscrash - 02-04-2016

For Juliette to return, she would have to deal with what she buried. That will never happen. Eve is another Meisner and Kelly. there whole life is dedicated to the struggle. This fight has gone on for thousands of years and will continue for thousands more. That is why she is Eve she has mad piece that this is what she was meant to do. She is not looking for power, or riches. She only wants to be of service. Will she do the wrong thing yes but for what she thinks is the right reason.

It will be interesting to see if someone in danger will move her off her mission causing her to fail. Whither it is because she stopped to save them or because they where in the way. Consider Meisner sacrificed Diana to kill the King. If not he would have brought her to Sean or Adalind. he and the pilot where the only ones left on the helicopter. So we should next except any less from Eve.