Grimm Forum
Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve (/Thread-Adalind-vs-Juliette-Eve)

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - MarylikesGrimm - 03-15-2017

(03-15-2017, 07:29 AM)irukandji Wrote: I also count her attempted murders in the mix: Nick, Hank, and Juliette.

Nick literally asked Adalind if they could fight and after that she tried to avoid any stuff with Nick and physical fighting with anyone.

Hank was put in a coma by Adalind using sex to get Nick to give her the key and Rosalee believed that Adalind had no way to bring him back but Adalind seems to have more knowledge on that topic.

Adalind wanted Juliette to leave with her to pressure Nick to give her baby back she had no interest at that time in killing Juliette.

When Adalind put Juliette in a coma she know that Sean could bring out of it that is why she put the memory and obsessive spells on to get revenge on Sean and Nick after the kiss.

Adalind preferred to hurt people emotionally not physically so season 1 & 2 Adalind was often wicked not evil to me.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 03-15-2017

Adalind's intent with Hank, Juliette, and Nick was to kill them. I look at it this way. If there hadn't been extraordinary circumstances involved, they all would have died. That makes her a serial killer. She failed, but she attempted to kill just the same.

(03-15-2017, 08:41 AM)irukandji Wrote: Adalind's intent with Hank, Juliette, and Nick was to kill them. I look at it this way. If there hadn't been extraordinary circumstances involved, they all would have died. That makes her a serial killer. She failed, but she attempted to kill just the same.
Not true.

Nick intent was to kill Adalind hexenbiest so he went after her after she had started to walk away.

Sean was Adalind's boss so Hank would have lived if Sean wanted it.

Adalind knew that Sean knew how to get Juliette out of the coma by kissing her. She set him up. The obsessive thing was real danger so they were at risk there.
Adalind shopped at Rosalee's store so she already knew her and knew it was likely they would live. She was attacking them emotionally as much as anything else.

(03-15-2017, 08:54 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Nick intent was to kill Adalind hexenbiest so he went after her after she had started to walk away.

I'm talking about when Adalind stole Nick's grimm from him. Elizabeth mentioned that the effects of the spell would be more than just Nick losing his powers. I interpreted that to mean death. Juliette would have died had Sean not saved her. Hank most certainly would have died had Nick not intervened.

Adalind's spells are consistent in that they result in death.

(03-15-2017, 09:05 AM)irukandji Wrote: I'm talking about when Adalind stole Nick's grimm from him. Elizabeth mentioned that the effects of the spell would be more than just Nick losing his powers. I interpreted that to mean death. Juliette would have died had Sean not saved her. Hank most certainly would have died had Nick not intervened.

The side effect for Nick was headaches that is what she talking about not death.

Sean might have intervened on Hank as well.

Adalind's spells are consistent in that they result in hurting people and their emotions not death. If she wanted to kill them for sure she would have poisoned them and they would have been dead. She was risking her victim lives but death was not her main intent. Adalind was wicked in season 1 and season 2 not a simple evil.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - New Guy - 03-15-2017

(03-15-2017, 08:41 AM)irukandji Wrote: Adalind's intent with Hank, Juliette, and Nick was to kill them. I look at it this way. If there hadn't been extraordinary circumstances involved, they all would have died. That makes her a serial killer. She failed, but she attempted to kill just the same.
Hi Iruk,
Both the NickJuliEve and NickAlind shippers seem to ignore those homicides. What steams me is the Scoobies also ignore what they did. Angry
IMO, G&K dug a major hole, fell in it and cannot get out. I expect the Nick and FrankenEve "come to Jesus" conversation will totally fail to resolve anything.
I miss snarky Adalind and hope she gets in some major digs at Renard before the show closes out.
N G

(03-15-2017, 09:20 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(03-15-2017, 09:05 AM)irukandji Wrote: I'm talking about when Adalind stole Nick's grimm from him. Elizabeth mentioned that the effects of the spell would be more than just Nick losing his powers. I interpreted that to mean death. Juliette would have died had Sean not saved her. Hank most certainly would have died had Nick not intervened.

The side effect for Nick was headaches that is what she talking about not death.

Adalind's spells are consistent in that they result in hurting people and their emotions not death. If she wanted to kill them for sure she would have poisoned them and they would have been dead. She was risking her victim lives but death was not her main intent. Adalind was wicked in season 1 and season 2 not a simple evil.

No, Elizabeth never mentioned any specific side effects. She warned that things could get worse for Nick (and I am paraphrasing here). I took that to mean he could die if a cure wasn't found.

It only makes sense with Adalind's spells.

(03-15-2017, 09:39 AM)irukandji Wrote:

No, Elizabeth never mentioned any specific side effects. She warned that things could get worse for Nick (and I am paraphrasing here). I took that to mean he could die if a cure wasn't found.

No it does not. Elizabeth and Juliette did the exact reverse of Adalind's spell without a risk of death.

http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Cry_Luison/Transcript

Scene: Juliette is told what she has to do to help Nick regain his Grimm powers.
Juliette: Huh? What do you mean me?
Rosalee: Elizabeth recreated the potion that Adalind used on Nick.
Monroe: Yeah, and in order to re-Grimm Nick, you have to, you know, do what Adalind did.
Juliette: Do what Adalind did? Seriously?
Elizabeth: Exactly what Adalind did.
Monroe: Yeah, you know, breathe in the potion, and...
Nick: And what?
Elizabeth: And make love to you.
Nick: Make love to me? That's it?
Monroe: See? Not so bad, right?
Juliette: Why do I get the feeling there's more to it than that?
Elizabeth: When you do it, you won't exactly be you.
Nick: What do you mean?
Elizabeth: The potion will transform you into...
Nick: Oh, God, no.
Trubel: You don't mean...
Juliette: Adalind.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Hell Rell - 03-15-2017

I think intent needs to be separated from results but you can still hold them against Adalind if you want.

I don't think Adalind ever intended on killing Nick or even Hank even though he very well could've died. Her goal was to get the key. Adalind put the spell on Hank to force Nick to hand over the key. She fully expected that's what he would do when they met in the forest. At that point, she was ready to let Hank die for Nick not handing it over and she walked away. Then Nick says it's time to handle their differences "violently" and that's when they fought. There was never a point where she tried to kill Nick afterwards. However, it doesn't excuse all the havoc she caused in Season of the Hexenbiest. I'm not complaining because that episode was so awesome.

I think the case for her intending to killing Juliette is much more concrete because she knew what would happen if Renard hadn't awaken her. I'm not even sure if she knew Renard would awake her but maybe had the contingency plan in place in case he did and fully took advantage of the situation.

There wasn't just one event that transformed Juliette into a Hexenbiest. You can blame Adalind for taking Nick's Grimm but you would also have to blame the crew for kidnapping Diana and making Adalind think the royals had her. She went to Viktor because of what they did and what they told her. That's why Rosalee said Juliette was paying the price for them taking her daughter and Nick had a slight look of acknowledgement on his face when Adalind brought that up in Renard's office.

It was the method to give Nick's power back that really caused Juliette's transformation because no one, including Adalind, would've thought of that and they didn't know Elizabeth was in town. There's no way Adalind would've taken the chance on giving Juliette the ability to kick her ass.

(03-15-2017, 09:51 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(03-15-2017, 09:39 AM)irukandji Wrote:

No it does not. Elizabeth and Juliette did the exact reverse of Adalind's spell without a risk of death.

http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Cry_Luison/Transcript

Scene: Juliette is told what she has to do to help Nick regain his Grimm powers.
Juliette: Huh? What do you mean me?
Rosalee: Elizabeth recreated the potion that Adalind used on Nick.
Monroe: Yeah, and in order to re-Grimm Nick, you have to, you know, do what Adalind did.
Juliette: Do what Adalind did? Seriously?
Elizabeth: Exactly what Adalind did.
Monroe: Yeah, you know, breathe in the potion, and...
Nick: And what?
Elizabeth: And make love to you.
Nick: Make love to me? That's it?
Monroe: See? Not so bad, right?
Juliette: Why do I get the feeling there's more to it than that?
Elizabeth: When you do it, you won't exactly be you.
Nick: What do you mean?
Elizabeth: The potion will transform you into...
Nick: Oh, God, no.
Trubel: You don't mean...
Juliette: Adalind.

That isn't the scene I'm talking about. The scene I'm talking about occurs before Juliette makes the decision to become Adalind. Elizabeth makes a warning comment along that Nick needs to get his grimm powers back or it could be dangerous for him. She doesn't phrase it exactly like that but the intent I got out of it was that Nick could die without his powers.

The point I'm trying to make here really has to do with Diana. Are the sins of the parents being visited on her? In other words, their evils are being passed on to her?