Grimm Forum
Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve (/Thread-Adalind-vs-Juliette-Eve)

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Fallout merc - 02-03-2016

(02-03-2016, 05:11 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(02-03-2016, 02:42 PM)Fallout merc Wrote: I don't see what was so unlikable about her in the first season she proved herself useful when she translates for nick,saved his life when stark broke into their house and when she was actually kidnapped by the fire girl she saved herself by by knocking her out. Then theirs people giving Juliette crap when she turned down nicks proposal because he was hiding something from her and she was right and that showed she had good instinct. How about when nick and friends kept wu in the dark about wesen and had himself committed I believe she was the one who helped wu get over it.

I actually didn't start watching Grimm until late into the first season, when Juliette went into her coma. That's when I came across her for the first time. I didn't particularly care for that storyline. When she came out of the coma, she just seemed to me to be a character with not a lot to distinguish herself from the other characters.

I didn't like that storyline either however what people seem to forget is she got her memories back herself with little to no help from nick. Fans tend to just see her as the damsel girlfriend but I can't remember a time where nick has once saved her life or ask him for help and this goes too Monroe and Rosalee too in the end nick most of the time has needed them more then they need him.

Monroe gives him information, Rosalee mixing tthe potions and while Juliette may not bee as useful as the rest of his friend she has helped him she was the one who found the guy nick thought killed his parents.

Basically I always thought of Juliette as a very competent woman that could be a good partner for nick as a grimm.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - New Guy - 02-03-2016

Hi Fallout,
You commented:
Quote:Basically I always thought of Juliette as a very competent woman that could be a good partner for nick as a grimm.
I agree with that. But while she lost her memory she treated Nick like dirt. After she regained her memory, she was concerned Nick would no longer want her because of how she behaved. The attraction disorder she had for Renard was disgusting. Nick endured it all and proposed to her. When she spurned him she continued to live with him. Nick should have given her the boot, but he was hopelessly in love. The hexen power became like an addiction. The more she used the power the more violent each use became. It consumed her. Like an addict she threw her whole life in the crapper to have that next fix (act of uncontrolled rage and violence). Nick meant nothing. Her friends meant nothing. Her career meant nothing. Morals meant nothing. She became pure hatred, lust and violence. The hexen power came to her as a side effect, not something she wanted. But after a few fixes (Assault, Murder, Arson, Fornication) she was all-in hexenbiest. IMO she was fully aware of her what she did. She admitted to doing all of it and claimed she liked who she had become. Redemption was impossible. Only death could stop her.
New Guy

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - syscrash - 02-03-2016

Quote:I didn't like that storyline either however what people seem to forget is she got her memories back herself with little to no help from nick. Fans tend to just see her as the damsel girlfriend but I can't remember a time where nick has once saved her life or ask him for help and this goes too Monroe and Rosalee too in the end nick most of the time has needed them more then they need him.

Monroe gives him information, Rosalee mixing tthe potions and while Juliette may not bee as useful as the rest of his friend she has helped him she was the one who found the guy nick thought killed his parents.

Basically I always thought of Juliette as a very competent woman that could be a good partner for nick as a grimm.

Good points. I see where the viewers are coming from. When you think back you don't remember much of what Juliette did. When you go back even in season one you realize she was not clueless. She know something was up she ask she investigated. She was not helpless from a human stand point. But her actions where up against that of hexenbiest , and wesen criminals.
When she got into the know a number of times she put her education to use. Even then she was a human in a wesen world trying to keep up.
This made made her come of weaker. Then with the lack of memorable moments or pivitol contributions, she fades into the back ground.

Take Zombie romp Rosalee is credited with the cure. Very little is said about Juliette being the key in figuring out how to administering it.
But what people don't realize that is by design. She was not meant to be a character, she was always a prop. Then came the hexenbiest, Now she became a character. Someone we remember every little thing they did and pass judgement on. Again by design.

look at it this way Hexenette was meant to be hated, the writers hit their mark. Lets see what they do with Eve. they have already started her as the savior, lets see where it goes. One thing for sure, she is full character status now, and will be the source of much conversation.

Like Bitsie said you don't have to like me, hate me if you want. just don't feel nothing at all.

(02-03-2016, 08:48 PM)New Guy Wrote: Hi Fallout,
You commented:
Quote:Basically I always thought of Juliette as a very competent woman that could be a good partner for nick as a grimm.
I agree with that. But while she lost her memory she treated Nick like dirt. After she regained her memory, she was concerned Nick would no longer want her because of how she behaved. The attraction disorder she had for Renard was disgusting. Nick endured it all and proposed to her. When she spurned him she continued to live with him. Nick should have given her the boot, but he was hopelessly in love. The hexen power became like an addiction. The more she used the power the more violent each use became. It consumed her. Like an addict she threw her whole life in the crapper to have that next fix (act of uncontrolled rage and violence). Nick meant nothing. Her friends meant nothing. Her career meant nothing. Morals meant nothing. She became pure hatred, lust and violence. The hexen power came to her as a side effect, not something she wanted. But after a few fixes (Assault, Murder, Arson, Fornication) she was all-in hexenbiest. IMO she was fully aware of her what she did. She admitted to doing all of it and claimed she liked who she had become. Redemption was impossible. Only death could stop her.
New Guy

Ok I'm going to be frank

1 the proposal

Nick proposed to her before she went in a coma not after and during that time she knew nick was hiding something from her and I can only assume they never did that before and she was right so she made a (smart) decision not to rush into something that affects her life blindly until nick was ready. This is about her life as much as it is about nick rushing into marriage knowing nick is being dishonest about being a grimm and as viewers knowing what a grimm is would have been foolish regardless of nicks feelings

2 the love curse was adalinds doing and she did it to get back at nick ( see what I mean). She bearlly had controle of her emotions same with renard and they tried to fight it. When Juliette lost her memories nick was a stranger to her and she didn't know why and nick did but he couldn't tell her then after taking the cure for the obsession she kept seeing images of nick where ever she went and it sacred her but then she got her memories back ( by herself) and she knew she was wrong and she accepted him and his grimm world

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 02-03-2016

(02-03-2016, 07:59 PM)Fallout merc Wrote: I didn't like that storyline either however what people seem to forget is she got her memories back herself with little to no help from nick. Fans tend to just see her as the damsel girlfriend but I can't remember a time where nick has once saved her life or ask him for help and this goes too Monroe and Rosalee too in the end nick most of the time has needed them more then they need him.

I like your assessment of Juliette, Fallout merc. You are right, she is a very competent woman that could have been a great partner for Nick as a Grimm.

I liked the hexenbiest story arc and thought that had a lot of potential. Juliette could have been a great help to the team or she could have turned traitor. I don't mind a good traitor story arc. I've seen really great storylines where a beloved character becomes a turncoat. Agents of Shield did a great job with their character, Ward.

That is not what happened with Juliette. We haven't the foggiest clue how she became a hexenbiest. Compare this with Adalind, who went through some complicated ritual to replace the hexenbiest Nick destroyed. Everything was completely explained to Adalind so she knew exactly what she needed to do and what would happen. Juliette was told there would be side effects. Okay. Great.

Adalind was a s**t even when she wasn't a hexenbiest. It makes sense she'd be a bigger s**t once another biest took up residence. Compare that to Juliette. She was the competent good woman who told Nick he had to be a Grimm again. She took the risk. So why is her hexenbiest the hexenbiest from hell when she took the risk for a good cause?

I know many people here are sore as hell that Juliette participated in luring Kelly to Nick's house. I understand that. I'm not looking for ways to exonerate her because her actions that night were inexcusable. However, without details about what led Juliette to make this fateful decision, I find myself looking at the entire scene with skepticism. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me that Juliette would get involved with the royals simply to get back at Nick for taking Adalind's part at the police station.

Now consider Adalind's vengeance. She had a baby. Sean and the scoobies took matters into their hands and decided Adalind shouldn't have her baby. Instead they should decide the baby's fate, which is really ironic considering none of them have children. We see everything in detail, how Adalind goes to the royals and finds that Nick and the gang had the baby all along. Her revenge is perfectly understandable. We're even told about the spell she uses to get her revenge.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Hexenadler - 02-03-2016

I posted a question to Bitsie on Facebook about the supposedly evil nature of Hexenbiests, and if it's possible for some to go against their impulses. She came back with this, which should provoke some decent discussion:

Quote:Most are evil but eve is doing good with her powers. She's an anomaly.

(02-03-2016, 10:14 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(02-03-2016, 07:59 PM)Fallout merc Wrote: I didn't like that storyline either however what people seem to forget is she got her memories back herself with little to no help from nick. Fans tend to just see her as the damsel girlfriend but I can't remember a time where nick has once saved her life or ask him for help and this goes too Monroe and Rosalee too in the end nick most of the time has needed them more then they need him.

I like your assessment of Juliette, Fallout merc. You are right, she is a very competent woman that could have been a great partner for Nick as a Grimm.

I liked the hexenbiest story arc and thought that had a lot of potential. Juliette could have been a great help to the team or she could have turned traitor. I don't mind a good traitor story arc. I've seen really great storylines where a beloved character becomes a turncoat. Agents of Shield did a great job with their character, Ward.

That is not what happened with Juliette. We haven't the foggiest clue how she became a hexenbiest. Compare this with Adalind, who went through some complicated ritual to replace the hexenbiest Nick destroyed. Everything was completely explained to Adalind so she knew exactly what she needed to do and what would happen. Juliette was told there would be side effects. Okay. Great.

Adalind was a s**t even when she wasn't a hexenbiest. It makes sense she'd be a bigger s**t once another biest took up residence. Compare that to Juliette. She was the competent good woman who told Nick he had to be a Grimm again. She took the risk. So why is her hexenbiest the hexenbiest from hell when she took the risk for a good cause?

I know many people here are sore as hell that Juliette participated in luring Kelly to Nick's house. I understand that. I'm not looking for ways to exonerate her because her actions that night were inexcusable. However, without details about what led Juliette to make this fateful decision, I find myself looking at the entire scene with skepticism. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me that Juliette would get involved with the royals simply to get back at Nick for taking Adalind's part at the police station.

Now consider Adalind's vengeance. She had a baby. Sean and the scoobies took matters into their hands and decided Adalind shouldn't have her baby. Instead they should decide the baby's fate, which is really ironic considering none of them have children. We see everything in detail, how Adalind goes to the royals and finds that Nick and the gang had the baby all along. Her revenge is perfectly understandable. We're even told about the spell she uses to get her revenge.

Well the men I question don't have children but kelly does but thing is kelly tried to tell Adalind about letting go of her child because she thought it was for the best but the diffrence is kelly made a choice about nick Adalind did not about Diana. Kelly didn't give Adalind a choice to let Diana go she just took her and then told Adalind to deal with it because she thought it was for the best. Kelly made the mistake in assuming that Adalind would be as strong about giving up a child like she did despite not knowing a thing about Adalind. When I comes down to it despite their good intentions if the gang had simply just talk to Adalind and not steal her child and lie a lot would be different.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - syscrash - 02-03-2016

The problem with including Adalind, for the plan to work no one could know Kelly had Diana. Everyone knew Adalind would tell if it suited her. Which is exactly what she did.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - brandon - 02-04-2016

Adalind had to Diana but for selfish reasons.
and on the table is that of "maternal feelings.
for me not exist, then they appear in mothers.in the case of adalind she was when she had her daughter in her arms.a small creature that depends on it and who want.
Nick never consider myself a good mother-after everything that happened between them-
and he gave his mother a second chance is what now has adalind.
regarding how Juliette became a 'Hexenbiest "would be very interesting to know more. or Elizabeth could explain.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - New Guy - 02-04-2016

Hi Fallout,
Thanks for your comments. I'll just add to them:
Quote:1 the proposal

Nick proposed to her before she went in a coma not after and during that time she knew nick was hiding something from her and I can only assume they never did that before and she was right so she made a (smart) decision not to rush into something that affects her life blindly until nick was ready. This is about her life as much as it is about nick rushing into marriage knowing nick is being dishonest about being a grimm and as viewers knowing what a grimm is would have been foolish regardless of nicks feelings
The proposal was in 1.16. Juliette's refusal was:
Quote:N: Okay, look, I know that this weekend didn't turn out the way I planned. And, uh, I think the thing of it is, you kind of have to make your own perfect moments. So Juliette, will you be my wife?
J: I can't. I love you so much. And I really, really want to marry you someday. But I can't right now.
N: Because of what? I'm a cop? Is that ...
J: It's not because of your job. It's you. I feel like you've been keeping things from me. You've been so closed off. I know how hard Aunt Marie's death was for you. But until you can let me back in again I can't say yes.
So what happens when Nick "lets {her} back in?" Nothing.
You claim Nick was dishonest. He was protecting her from the shock most humans experience upon exposure to Wesen. Both Hank and Wu were more than just shocked. When he took her to the trailer, she did not believe him, began to cry and told him he needed help. IMO, Nick was justified in "protecting" her. Her reason to spurn him was bogus. If anyone was "dishonest" it was Juliette.
Your second point:
Quote:2 the love curse was adalinds doing and she did it to get back at nick ( see what I mean). She bearlly had controle of her emotions same with renard and they tried to fight it. When Juliette lost her memories nick was a stranger to her and she didn't know why and nick did but he couldn't tell her then after taking the cure for the obsession she kept seeing images of nick where ever she went and it sacred her but then she got her memories back ( by herself) and she knew she was wrong and she accepted him and his grimm world
You seem to be saying Nick knew why she lost her memories of him. Can you explain what he knew and why he didn't provide that information to Juliette? Nick let her stay in his house and even moved out so Juliette could regain her memories. The NBC recap of 2.03 states:
Quote:A new day for Nick brings another trip to the hospital to check in on his girlfriend, Juliette. After waking up from a coma, Juliette can't seem to remember Nick. In hopes of bringing back her memory, Nick brings his computer, which has dozens of photos showing off their relationship. Unfortunately, Juliette only knows Nick as the police officer who took her to the hospital, not the Nick who has been her boyfriend for several years. Frustrated and confused, Nick asks Dr. Saliman what he can do to help Juliette. The doctor simply advises Nick to be patient and wait for more test results to come in.
IMO, Nick showed compassion and tried to help Juliette. She was not "by herself."
The "love curse" drove wedges of mistrust between Nick and Juliette, and Nick and Renard. Note that Nick risked "side effects" of the pure of heart potion to cure Juliette. What if it backfired as severely as the re-grimm potion did on Juliette? You also say "they (J & R) tried to fight it" and I agree, but Juliette was a good marksman and in the most violent hate sex scene, she takes Renard's gun and fires it several times. At close range, why didn't she blow his zauberbiest brains out? He did break into the house and such an intruder is fair game for self defense.
New Guy