Grimm Forum
Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve (/Thread-Adalind-vs-Juliette-Eve)

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 03-14-2017

(03-14-2017, 05:27 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(03-14-2017, 04:59 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-14-2017, 04:49 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(03-14-2017, 04:38 AM)irukandji Wrote: Why do you suppose Nick doesn't entirely trust Adalind by now?

Adalind does not want to know to much so Sean can't pressure her. In 607, Nick even hides things from Rosalee and Monroe.

Well, I don't know if Adalind doesn't want to know or not. However, it really doesn't have to do with my question. I've seen similar posts before. People say Nick and Adalind belong together, but then also comment that Nick doesn't trust her completely.

Nick seems to trust only Hank completely should they be a couple?

That might work out a lot better than the women he's been paired with.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - brandon - 03-14-2017

I think Adalind and Eve understand better Nick what Juliette did. Juliette "Hexenbiest" only saw it that it was a "GRIMM" and that he would react with violence.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Hell Rell - 03-14-2017

I don't think Adalind is still working at the firm because that seemed like it was just setup for Conrad to approach her there. She may go back later and attempt to reform the place but I'm not banking on it.

Speaking of which, where is the idea of Adalind cheating her clients coming from? We haven't even had a hint of that? Nor have we had the issue of her complaining about the fome. Diana briefly did but Adalind never did any such thing and she's not itching to go back to Renard because he lives a life of luxury. Anything Adalind did in the third episode of the series can't be used as an example of what she would do now.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - rpmaluki - 03-14-2017

Since Adalind switched sides, she's "suppressed" her worst characteristics so she could be good for her children and Nick. She's happy living in that drafty one bedroom loft. Despite Diana's initial reaction to the loft (and Eve usurping her bed) there has been zero complaints from either mother or daughter. Adalind hasn't regressed since living with Nick. She might be pushed to do bad things to people for her family (although she hasn't really done that since taking Nick's abilities), like Nick has gotten into the habit of doing since his mother died and he's even given her permission to do that in 6x01.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - syscrash - 03-14-2017

Quote:Speaking of which, where is the idea of Adalind cheating her clients coming from? We haven't even had a hint of that?
IN season one in the episode Beeware they explained how the firm worked. There where three hexenbiest at the time working for them. If the company was not still doing the same thing. Then why would it matter if Adalind was a hexenbiest.

Quote:She might be pushed to do bad things to people for her family (although she hasn't really done that since taking Nick's abilities),
She helped setup Sean, causing him to lose being mayor. She was willing to perjure herself to help Nick. True she has not made any potions but then she has not had the need. The difference between then and now. Then she was helping Sean against Nick. Now she is helping Nick against Sean. It is the same mind set.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - rpmaluki - 03-14-2017

This show is framed around Nick. The characters are judged on their relationship towards Nick, in terms of the narrative. When she sided with Sean, she was seen as evil because Sean was working against Nick. Now she's siding with Nick so even if she does something bad, it will be to help/benefit Nick and thus in universe or according to the narrative, she'll be "good". Fans can make of her actions whatever they want, interpret her actions however they want, even if it's contradictory of the show. It the same as with Nick. Nick has done questionable things, kidnapping/murder but in terms of the narrative, he was still the good guy. So Adalind, technically, hasn't done anything that could be considered evil or bad since she took Nick's powers because that was an act against the protagonist of the show.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - MarylikesGrimm - 03-14-2017

(03-14-2017, 11:08 AM)syscrash Wrote: If the company was not still doing the same thing. Then why would it matter if Adalind was a hexenbiest.

Many women prefer women gynecologist so I would not be surprised if wesen prefered wesen lawyers and the only wesen Adalind could be normally was a hexenbiest.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - FaceInTheCrowd - 03-14-2017

In "Beeware," we learned that the firm used hexenbiest magic to win their cases. But they weren't cheating their clients; they were winning cases for their clients. And what they were doing might not even have been technically illegal, because there obviously aren't any laws against lawyers using magical spells and powers to win cases.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - syscrash - 03-14-2017

Quote:In "Beeware," we learned that the firm used hexenbiest magic to win their cases. But they weren't cheating their clients; they were winning cases for their clients. And what they were doing might not even have been technically illegal, because there obviously aren't any laws against lawyers using magical spells and powers to win cases.
There are laws against using magic. If you use slight of hand to switch a contact your client is signing that is illegal. I you make someone think you are selling them something you are not, that is illegal. If you where to drug someone so they did not know what they where doing that is illegal. The difference between these examples and what the firm is doing. These leave evidence that can be used to prove it was done. What the firm is doing does not leave explainable evidence.

With the firm the client my realize they where not in their right mind. But without anything in their system no one would believe them. Just because you can't prove something does not make it any less illegal.

Quote:Many women prefer women gynecologist so I would not be surprised if wesen prefered wesen lawyers and the only wesen Adalind could be normally was a hexenbiest.
A wesen preferring a wesen lawyer makes sense. But the boss said specifically that they needed a hexenbiest. What is it a wesen that is a hexenbiest can do that some other wesen can not do. The only thing is their ability to do magic. It would be different if the boss said they needed a wesen or if he said they needed someone that understands us.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - FaceInTheCrowd - 03-14-2017

(03-14-2017, 12:49 PM)syscrash Wrote: There are laws against using magic.

Current laws definitely cover acts of prestidigitation or other trickery and fraud, and the criminal consequences for drugging someone far outweigh the legal ethics issues. But the first time someone comes along who can provably read someone's mind or do anything else that doesn't involve physicality, there's going to be a mad scramble in legislatures around the country to outlaw it, and the first person who does it is likely to get away with it.