Grimm Forum
Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve (/Thread-Adalind-vs-Juliette-Eve)

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Isa - 02-03-2016

(02-02-2016, 06:13 PM)syscrash Wrote: I am not saying Adalind is a screw up as a bad thing. I am saying in group shows you always have the shaggy character. The one tasked with a key part of the plan and screws it up. Not for any real fault of their own. They just have bad luck. They just happen to be friends with Murphy's Law. With Adalind if it can happen it will happen. And that is what we love about her. We know or hope one day she will get it right. Adalinds plan to get Diana back. Her execution great. She had everyone fooled, and got away clean. It is just everything went wrong afterwards. From viktor lying from the start. To ending up pregnant, Juleitte a hexenbiest, and still not having her child. Now her is the questions. From the beginning Adalind's plans have been growing in complexity. Will the new Adalind top the power stealing daughter retrieval plan that set the ground work for season 5.

I say she will. Adalind has a connection to Meisner, Sean, Nick, Eve. How can she not be part of what ever this seasons big plan is. She is to big a thorn in every bodies side to stay sidelined much longer. I understand now this Nick, baby thing was to get her back into the circle.

Any speculations which will be the Adalin breakout episode. The episode that puts her back in the game. The manipulative move with the head to setup Kenneth, that was classic Adalind. That is what she does best. That is what I think we will see more of.

Interesting points... Specially the speculation part. She'll have to be back in the game.
Since she's a lawyer, would be interesting if she goes back to work and have some relation in any case since she works with the law...
She's very smart and like hexenbiests in general, manipulative.
We've seen her manipulative, cunning side, the mom side...

In terms of Juliette / Adalind, like many other characters on the show, both are examples of how the wesen world can affect you and your life.

The more I watch it the more I separate Adalind from Juliette and vice versa.

Adalind and Juliette suffered a lot through the series for different reasons, but each one coped and dealed with it in different ways.

It's like a potion, you mix a lot of ingredients until it changes into something else.

Adalind and Juliette had a lot on their plates and both changed a lot already...

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - New Guy - 02-03-2016

Hello Forum,
First, thank you Nadalind1987 for starting this thread, Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve. The show is called Grimm and the lead character is Nick Burkhardt. I note you refer to Bitsie Tulloch's character as Juliette/Eve. IMO, there is only one persona which is Juliette/Hexenette/FankenEve. We discuss her character ad nauseam because Juliette (pre hexen - human), Hexenette (post hexen - living) and FrankenEve (post hexen robotic thing - dead).
You made a couple of points that continue to be debated:
Quote:Nick has turned away from Juliette in disgust...
Juliette laughed into Nick's face when he told her that he loves her...
There were many trials that came upon Juliette. Although she did not seek these trials she is responsible for her reaction.
In the flashbacks of Nick and Juliette they expressed their love and moved in together. I the pilot episode 1.01, Nick is buying an engagement ring. Nick knows nothing about Wesen and Grimms. Then the action begins. Nick cannot explain what he does not know but has to deal with life threatening issues.
1. Nick proposes. Juliette spurns him. That was her choice.
2. Adalind does the cat scratch thing. Juliette loses all memory of Nick. Renard and Elizabeth do the kiss cure. Juliette returns to the house she shares with Nick and treats him like dirt. Her Choice.
3. Then she goes hate sex with Renard. Again, her choice.
4. Adalind steal Nick's Grimm powers. Nick and Juliette decide to do the potion/spell to re-Grimm. Again, her choice.
5. Now to your first point. The hexen side effect grows stronger. Juliette does not say anything to Nick, she simply Woges into a hideous corpse faced monster and demands a kiss. Again, her choice.
[Image: juliette-silverton-bitsie-tulloch-and-ni...untoli.png]
Kiss her? Most Grimms would decapitate her immediately! She seems to take morbid pleasure in hurting Nick.
6. Your second point about Juliette laughs at Nick who continues to love her in spite of all she has made him endure. I have always questioned her sincerity. At this point, clearly she has no love in her.
7. Juliette continues down a path of hatred, debauchery and violence. This culminates in the death of Kelly Burkhardt.
Season 5 ends at the climax of the plot with a lot of violence and death. Meisner kills the villain King Fredrick. Nick comes home to mourn his Mother. Juliette shows up, admits to her betrayal of Kelly, shows no remorse and taunts Nick to kill her. Nick cannot kill the love of his life so she launches into a violent attack on him with intent to rip off his head, but Trubel stops her. Juliette dies in Nick's arms. At her last breath she gasps "Nick."
[Image: latest?cb=20150517225656]
Here is a clip the touches upon many of these plot points:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Sw9u7bAddw
NBC went to some expense to tease a proper end to Juliette, including filming her "funeral" and deleting Bitsie from the show credits.
Yet she is back again as the wooden, robotic, emotionless FrankenEve. The writers have taken the most despised character, jacked up her power above all other characters on the show and given her the role of savior of all humanity. At least they seem to realize how Nick should feel about her. He says "I need to bury her One way or another." I agree with Nick. We endured "Eve of Destruction." It is time to "Entomb Eve."
New Guy

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 02-03-2016

So here's my question. Is it easier to hate Juliette because she doesn't have a background like the other characters?

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Isa - 02-03-2016

No, I don't hate her.

I mean, if I ever hate her it won't be for the lack of background, but for her character now and what she might do or don't.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Nightschade - 02-03-2016

(02-03-2016, 02:00 PM)irukandji Wrote: So here's my question. Is it easier to hate Juliette because she doesn't have a background like the other characters?

I will start by saying I never 'hated' Juliette, but I also just never cared about her character. And I think her lack of background was a part of it, but for me at least, it was more a mix of other things (terrible writing, flat acting from bitsie, etc).

Also, Wu and Hank don't have much background either, but they are both fairly liked characters and I would even argue that if something happened to them like what happened when Juliette became a hexenbiest, they would get a LOT less hate for it.

Not necessarily because they have more background, but because they were written to be more likeable (whether purposefully or not) in the first place and the actors do a good job with what little they are given.

So while it would have been nice to have more background on Juliette, I don't think it would have made a huge impact on her likeability.

(02-03-2016, 02:22 PM)Nightschade Wrote:
(02-03-2016, 02:00 PM)irukandji Wrote: So here's my question. Is it easier to hate Juliette because she doesn't have a background like the other characters?

I will start by saying I never 'hated' Juliette, but I also just never cared about her character. And I think her lack of background was a part of it, but for me at least, it was more a mix of other things (terrible writing, flat acting from bitsie, etc).

Also, Wu and Hank don't have much background either, but they are both fairly liked characters and I would even argue that if something happened to them like what happened when Juliette became a hexenbiest, they would get a LOT less hate for it.

Not necessarily because they have more background, but because they were written to be more likeable (whether purposefully or not) in the first place and the actors do a good job with what little they are given.

So while it would have been nice to have more background on Juliette, I don't think it would have made a huge impact on her likeability.

It's hard to say if what we saw from Bitsie was bad acting or really superb acting and she was supposed to be just a low key character. I tend to believe the latter and I'll elaborate on that. I know a lot of people like Monroe, I do myself. But I can't tell you how many times I've seen him overact. It detracts from his character in my opinion.

I never saw that from Bitsie.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Fallout merc - 02-03-2016

(02-03-2016, 02:22 PM)Nightschade Wrote:

I don't see what was so unlikable about her in the first season she proved herself useful when she translates for nick,saved his life when stark broke into their house and when she was actually kidnapped by the fire girl she saved herself by by knocking her out. Then theirs people giving Juliette crap when she turned down nicks proposal because he was hiding something from her and she was right and that showed she had good instinct. How about when nick and friends kept wu in the dark about wesen and had himself committed I believe she was the one who helped wu get over it.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - syscrash - 02-03-2016

Watch Bitsie on the comic con panels. Also watch her in other things she has done. As a person she is not flat. When the character calls for dramatic she delivers. Low key Juliette make the contrast to Nick the hero even greater. There was never meant to be a steamy passionate romance between her and Nick. They wanted them to come off as two boring everyday couples. We never got to see boring Nick because from Episode one his life jump started into full on action. They should have given a little more lead up to how boring Nick was.

The could have done better on geeky Juliette. They had her deliver the information from a scholarly point of view but failed to make her a scholar. Unlike Adalind and Roselee there information was from life's lessons. It would have been different if she was providing general or trivia knowledge. Like Monroe does.

(02-03-2016, 02:42 PM)Fallout merc Wrote: I don't see what was so unlikable about her in the first season she proved herself useful when she translates for nick,saved his life when stark broke into their house and when she was actually kidnapped by the fire girl she saved herself by by knocking her out. Then theirs people giving Juliette crap when she turned down nicks proposal because he was hiding something from her and she was right and that showed she had good instinct. How about when nick and friends kept wu in the dark about wesen and had himself committed I believe she was the one who helped wu get over it.

I actually didn't start watching Grimm until late into the first season, when Juliette went into her coma. That's when I came across her for the first time. I didn't particularly care for that storyline. When she came out of the coma, she just seemed to me to be a character with not a lot to distinguish herself from the other characters.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - syscrash - 02-03-2016

when describing Eve "can kill a target from several feet away by telekinetically inducing barotrauma and otorrhagia in her woged form". Why on this point somebody actually looked up an created a plausible answer for what Eve did in the restaurant. Are we going to get more of the writers doing their homework. I hope so. To say she exploded his head is lazy. You say because of barotrauma you could then surmise she is able to create a verbal frequency that would shatter his ear drums. like breaking a glass. For short the "Black Cannery"