Grimm Forum
Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve (/Thread-Adalind-vs-Juliette-Eve)

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - degrimm - 05-05-2016

he's a detective so it would be difficult not to find anyone he has saved; even shooting harm robbers he's saved a life there

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - SumYungHo - 05-05-2016

(05-05-2016, 12:34 PM)Belle Wrote: OK, here is the problem with trying to have any kind of meaningful discourse with you.
You reject any evidence, no matter how valid, if it doesn't support your opinion.

This is a fact. It is literally impossible to engage irukandji on virtually any topic and expect anything resembling a reasonable debate. And labeling everyone who disagrees with her as a bigot certainly doesn't help....

(05-03-2016, 02:43 PM)irukandji Wrote: That said, there is another kind of bigotry aimed at posters here; the kind that labels them as outcasts because they don't see things the way the majority of forum members see them.

Why can't we all just get along? A big part of the answer to that question is right in front of us.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 05-05-2016

Look, just leave it alone. I don't want to fight about it any more.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Nicholas White - 05-05-2016

(05-04-2016, 10:36 PM)Scully1987 Wrote: Juliette/Eve is the evil "Hexenbiest" and for Adalind: Peace , joy and pancakes. And everything seems to be forgotten. That is actually what makes me angry.

They have never forgotten what Adalind has done and the show hasn't even portrayed it that way. Also it is way easier for Nick to forgive Adalind than to forgive Juilette/Eve because Adalind hasn't left any permanent damage and Adalind didn't portray him because at the time of her actions they weren't friends, family, love interest or even liked each other. On the other hand for Juilette that was someone Nick trusted, believed in, loved and wanted to start a family with but she portrayed for a stupid reason and got his mom killed and then proceeded to try to kill Monroe, Hank and Roselee. Also his unborn child.

Adalind tried to kill Aunt Marie on Renards orders but didn't succeed in doing so. Nick didn't simply forgive Adalind because if you watch in Season 2-3-4 you see him mad at Adalind in alot of their scenes.

Adalind puts a spell on Hank leaving his life in danger. Hank is cured.

Adalind put Juilette in a Coma. Juillette woke up.

Adalind strips away Nick's powers. More like block then strip though. Anyway he gets them back.

Look at it like this:

Adalind/Aunt Marie

Nick realized throughout his many years as a grimm that most Wessen would do anything for those keys or try to kill a grimm. It is also easier to forgive this incident giving Kelly killed her mother. Both incidents occurred because both wanted information. Also it is easier to let it go because it wasn't Adalind who pulled the trigger on his aunts death.

Adalind/Coma inccident

It is easier to forgive for this incident because in the end everything turned out Okay. He also realized by this point that when you lose your powers you will done anything to get them back. He was annoyed when Adalind took his Grimm powers and so was everyone else. So now he understands how Adalind felt at that moment.

Adalind/Power stripping Nick

Hank said it best in the first or second episode of season 4. He said you should have expected Adalind to get revenge for taking her daughter. Nick can't be mad at this situation or hold a grudge for this given he played his hand in kidnapping Diana from Adalind. In which now as a parent he knows how that feels. Or when he was losing Juilette in season 4. Heck Nick knew what he did was wrong when he was doing it giving that they played Adalind into coming into the police station to ask about her mothers death when they really didn't care. Even if his powers weren't returned he still couldn't hold a grudge against Adalind for getting revenge in this case.

Adalind only needed to seek forgivness from Hank. She didn't do anything to Monroe or Rosalee. The only reason they don't like her is from outsiders point of view. Hank and Adalind haven't really sat down and discussed rather he forgave her or not.

Most important thing about this is that They held a grudge against Adalind for 4 years. They have only been mad at Eve for a couple of months. If a stranger(Adalind) talks stuff or fights you it is easier to get over especially over time. But if your best friend(Juilette) talks stuff about you and fights you then it is going to be way harder on you. That is just common sense.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Nightschade - 05-05-2016

(05-05-2016, 05:59 PM)Nicholas White Wrote:
(05-04-2016, 10:36 PM)Scully1987 Wrote: Juliette/Eve is the evil "Hexenbiest" and for Adalind: Peace , joy and pancakes. And everything seems to be forgotten. That is actually what makes me angry.

They have never forgotten what Adalind has done and the show hasn't even portrayed it that way. Also it is way easier for Nick to forgive Adalind than to forgive Juilette/Eve because Adalind hasn't left any permanent damage and Adalind didn't portray him because at the time of her actions they weren't friends, family, love interest or even liked each other. On the other hand for Juilette that was someone Nick trusted, believed in, loved and wanted to start a family with but she portrayed for a stupid reason and got his mom killed and then proceeded to try to kill Monroe, Hank and Roselee. Also his unborn child.

Adalind tried to kill Aunt Marie on Renards orders but didn't succeed in doing so. Nick didn't simply forgive Adalind because if you watch in Season 2-3-4 you see him mad at Adalind in alot of their scenes.

Adalind strips away Nick's powers. More like block then strip though. Anyway he gets them back.

Look at it like this:

Adalind/Aunt Marie

Nick realized throughout his many years as a grimm that most Wessen would do anything for those keys or try to kill a grimm. It is also easier to forgive this incident giving Kelly killed her mother. Both incidents occurred because both wanted information. Also it is easier to let it go because it wasn't Adalind who pulled the trigger on his aunts death.

Adalind/Coma inccident

It is easier to forgive for this incident because in the end everything turned out Okay. He also realized by this point that when you lose your powers you will done anything to get them back. He was annoyed when Adalind took his Grimm powers and so was everyone else. So now he understands how Adalind felt at that moment.

Hank said it best in the first or second episode of season 4. He said you should have expected Adalind to get revenge for taking her daughter. Nick can't be mad at this situation or hold a grudge for this given he played his hand in kidnapping Diana from Adalind. In which now as a parent he knows how that feels. Or when he was losing Juilette in season 4. Heck Nick knew what he did was wrong when he was doing it giving that they played Adalind into coming into the police station to ask about her mothers death when they really didn't care. Even if his powers weren't returned he still couldn't hold a grudge against Adalind for getting revenge in this case.

Adalind only needed to seek forgivness from Hank. She didn't do anything to Monroe or Rosalee. The only reason they don't like her is from outsiders point of view. Hank and Adalind haven't really sat down and discussed rather he forgave her or not.

Most important thing about this is that They held a grudge against Adalind for 4 years. They have only been mad at Eve for a couple of months. If a stranger(Adalind) talks stuff or fights you it is easier to get over especially over time. But if your best friend(Juilette) talks stuff about you and fights you then it is going to be way harder on you. That is just common sense.

Very well said! I second this.

I would also like to add that now that Juliette is "Eve" none of the characters really seem to be holding anything against her at all. In fact, they've been much more distrustful of Adalind this season than Julieve, even though Julieve's transgressions are arguably more fresh.

So I don't understand when people are complaining about how easily Adalind has been "forgiven" when it's clear that she hasn't been. They've been civil to her all season, but haven't really included her, and there are clear trust issues on both sides.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Belle - 05-05-2016

(05-05-2016, 07:45 PM)Nightschade Wrote:

Look at it like this:

Adalind/Aunt Marie

Adalind/Coma inccident

I would also like to add that now that Juliette is "Eve" none of the characters really seem to be holding anything against her at all. In fact, they've been much more distrustful of Adalind this season than Julieve, even though Julieve's transgressions are arguably more fresh.

So I don't understand when people are complaining about how easily Adalind has been "forgiven" when it's clear that she hasn't been. They've been civil to her all season, but haven't really included her, and there are clear trust issues on both sides.

I also believe it's important to remember Juliette turning down Nick's proposal, before and after she knew he was a Grimm. For some reason that has always bothered me and she can't blame that on her hexenbiest.

When it comes to Adalind and Hank, clearing the air between them would also require Renard taking responsibility for his role in it. As I recall, Renard actively encouraged Adalind to cast her spell on Nick's partner.

In the long view, it's incredible how far the relationships and the characters portrayed on Grimm have come over the course of the series. Renard in particular has been menacing, heroic, shifty and it's still hard to know where he'll finally land.

Adalind has also played a lot of roles, but overall I believe she has been struggling to take control of her own life. For the short period of time she and Nick were together it seemed she was finally getting comfortable with who she was. Unfortunately, it now appears Adalind found her selfless side just in time for BC to use it against her.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - degrimm - 05-05-2016

(05-05-2016, 08:20 PM)Belle Wrote:
(05-05-2016, 07:45 PM)Nightschade Wrote:

Look at it like this:

Adalind/Aunt Marie

Adalind/Coma inccident

I also believe it's important to remember Juliette turning down Nick's proposal, before and after she knew he was a Grimm. For some reason that has always bothered me and she can't blame that on her hexenbiest.

When it comes to Adalind and Hank, clearing the air between them would also require Renard taking responsibility for his role in it. As I recall, Renard actively encouraged Adalind to cast her spell on Nick's partner.

In the long view, it's incredible how far the relationships and the characters portrayed on Grimm have come over the course of the series. Renard in particular has been menacing, heroic, shifty and it's still hard to know where he'll finally land.

Adalind has also played a lot of roles, but overall I believe she has been struggling to take control of her own life. For the short period of time she and Nick were together it seemed she was finally getting comfortable with who she was. Unfortunately, it now appears Adalind found her selfless side just in time for BC to use it against her.

Guys whatever comparison you are making here, doesn't change a single important fact, nick and adalind will @least 90% end up together- (even if one of adalind atrocities had ended up in the death of one of the characters and Juliette had been as pure as snow white)- cos that is where the show's direction had been all along-- there is no other way they were gonna put nick and adalind together other than to give adalind a "snow white(innocent)" baby and she becomes a saint then irrevocably damaged Juliette character along the way.nick and adalind had nothing in common before the baby other than the flirtatious look they gave each other in s01e01. that is why we really haven't seen anything special between them other than parenting baby kelly and a connection which we all know isn't enough.

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/83322/g...e-preview/ -- and bree has layed it out for us to digest.

------being civil-- yeah i can buy that but you and i both know that's not being civil,if i continue, it might only led me to more agruements with adalind lovers.
So instead of the comparison and the character bashing, why don't we all celebrate that fact that adalind will soon be mrs adalind shade burkhardt cos she will accept the ring hopefully @ s06e13(end of grimm), pls not beyond that cos the show has lost it's taste.

one question : you have a long term BF who you think is closed off and doesn't let you in and all of a sudden propose;
1. is the trust broken Y/N and if Yes..................
2. will you accept the ring and sweep it under the carpet; accept the ring and work on trust issues with hope that it will work out and if it doesn't work what do you do; reject the ring and break up or reject the ring and stay together and try to work on the trust issues with the hope you 2 can get back to how you were-- pls and pls be honest with yourselves.

second time the proposal wanted to come up, it wasn't a rejection bcos there was not a "NO", it was more of a it's there we have the time and a wedding to think about -but if you want to propose anytime i won't reject-(cos proposal is all about being surprised, that is what makes it special- no woman wants to have a knowledge of their proposal- that's y they have the stories of proposal), that was why he wanted to propose again before his mother knocked and came through the door and didn't do it again.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Nickster - 05-06-2016

(05-05-2016, 10:38 PM)degrimm Wrote: http://www.tvinsider.com/article/83322/g...e-preview/ -- and bree has layed it out for us to digest.

------being civil-- yeah i can buy that but you and i both know that's not being civil,if i continue, it might only led me to more agruements with adalind lovers.
So instead of the comparison and the character bashing, why don't we all celebrate that fact that adalind will soon be mrs adalind shade burkhardt cos she will accept the ring hopefully @ s06e13(end of grimm), pls not beyond that cos the show has lost it's taste

ah, the link doesn't work. Can you provide one that does?

(05-05-2016, 01:27 PM)SumYungHo Wrote:
(05-05-2016, 12:34 PM)Belle Wrote: OK, here is the problem with trying to have any kind of meaningful discourse with you.
You reject any evidence, no matter how valid, if it doesn't support your opinion.

This is a fact. It is literally impossible to engage irukandji on virtually any topic and expect anything resembling a reasonable debate. And labeling everyone who disagrees with her as a bigot certainly doesn't help....

(05-03-2016, 02:43 PM)irukandji Wrote: That said, there is another kind of bigotry aimed at posters here; the kind that labels them as outcasts because they don't see things the way the majority of forum members see them.

Why can't we all just get along? A big part of the answer to that question is right in front of us.

I agree. It's annoying when someone keeps asking for facts but constantly ignores them.

I can tolerate people not watching the show properly and asking for more clarification on what went on in the show but to ignore facts when requested and carry on having someone asking the same silly questions can become very irritating.

For example, I know Nick can be an idiot most of the times or Rosalee not being assertive enough. I like both characters and accept cold hard facts about them.

Someone who can't accept Juiette's flaws and atrocities as facts clearly is biased and very persistent to the point all her posts are an eyesore that I just had to put her on ignore and stop myself from looking at any post which quotes her.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - degrimm - 05-06-2016

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/83322/grimm-bree-turner-skin-deep-episode-preview/Bree Turner Goes 'Skin Deep' in Grimm's Plastic Surgery Nightmare (VIDEO)- i cant make the link work from this forum don't know why- just google tvinsider-bree turner article/interview in skin deep episode

dont get me wrong- dont like how that juliette character was destroyed and adalind made snowwhite simply bcos she had nick's baby but this is just a fact everyone whether you oppose it or not have to accept and i have come to accept it too.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 05-06-2016

Quote:Nickster wrote:
................I just had to put her on ignore and stop myself from looking at any post which quotes her.

Finally....the words I have been waiting to read for a long, long, long time now.

Thank you!

BTW, I've had you on ignore for just about a year now. I only saw this post because it came up as I was not signed in. No matter though. This is some really great, great news.