Grimm Forum
Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve (/Thread-Adalind-vs-Juliette-Eve)

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - New Guy - 05-05-2016

(05-05-2016, 05:24 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(05-05-2016, 04:50 AM)New Guy Wrote: Hello Hexenadler and Scully,
Trust is vital to a life well lived. .. . . Every disgraceful act she committed included some form of violation of trust.
New Guy

I'd rephrase it like this:

Quote: Every disgraceful act Nick and company committed included some form of violation of trust.
Hi Iruk,
I would expect you to rephrase my statement. If Nick saw a school for the blind on fire (set ablaze by FrankenEve) and rescued all the children only to die himself you would somehow claim her the hero and him the heel. I would of course take an opposite opinion. I'm just shallow like that.
New Guy

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 05-05-2016

(05-05-2016, 06:35 AM)New Guy Wrote: I would expect you to rephrase my statement. If Nick saw a school for the blind on fire (set ablaze by FrankenEve) and rescued all the children only to die himself you would somehow claim her the hero and him the heel. I would of course take an opposite opinion. I'm just shallow like that.
New Guy

Well, New Guy, considering that Eve isn't going to set a building full of children on fire and Nick isn't known for rescuing kids from a burning building, I would say that possibility is probably non-existent, especially with only 13 episodes left in season 6. Just saying.....

Please don't take offense at the rephrased statement. I rephrased it to express my opinion. I was not in any way, shape or form trying to say that this is how you would see it.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Belle - 05-05-2016

(05-05-2016, 10:08 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(05-05-2016, 06:35 AM)New Guy Wrote: I would expect you to rephrase my statement. If Nick saw a school for the blind on fire (set ablaze by FrankenEve) and rescued all the children only to die himself you would somehow claim her the hero and him the heel. I would of course take an opposite opinion. I'm just shallow like that.
New Guy

Well, New Guy, considering that Eve isn't going to set a building full of children on fire and Nick isn't known for rescuing kids from a burning building, I would say that possibility is probably non-existent, especially with only 13 episodes left in season 6. Just saying.....

Please don't take offense at the rephrased statement. I rephrased it to express my opinion. I was not in any way, shape or form trying to say that this is how you would see it.

Um...
Not to nitpick, but Nick has always been portrayed as precisely the kind of man who would run into a burning building to rescue children or adults or some puppies and kitties...possibly even fluffy bunnies if he thought they were in peril.

Come to think of it, I don't recall an episode where Nick has rescued anyone, adult or child. Anyone know of any?

(05-05-2016, 11:46 AM)irukandji Wrote: Come to think of it, I don't recall an episode where Nick has rescued anyone, adult or child. Anyone know of any?

Seriously?!?!
He rescued a little girl in the very first episode.

Yep, I'm serious.......That's not quite the same thing. There was a wesen involved and he had Monroe's help. I'm talking Nick rescuing someone on his own, without wesen being involved, like rescuing children from a burning building.

(05-05-2016, 12:02 PM)irukandji Wrote: Yep, I'm serious.......That's not quite the same thing. There was a wesen involved and he had Monroe's help. I'm talking Nick rescuing someone on his own, without wesen being involved, like rescuing children from a burning building.

OK, here is the problem with trying to have any kind of meaningful discourse with you.
You reject any evidence, no matter how valid, if it doesn't support your opinion.
You asked for an example of Nick rescuing someone. I pointed out that in the very first episode he rescued a little girl from a serial killer.
Yes, he had some help from Monroe and Hank; I never said he didn't. However, as I'm sure you'll recall, Monroe took off before they even got to the cabin because he didn't want to be involved, while Hank was reluctant as all get out and kept telling Nick it was a bad idea.
In that story line Nick was actually going out on a limb, putting his career in jeopardy, in order to save a child. It's also important to note that he did this in the midst of trying to come to terms with some pretty profound and bizarre personal developments.
No, there were no flames involved, but it was a solid example of heroism.
Virtually every episode of Grimm has Nick doing something selfless/heroic in order to try to help or protect someone else (I mean, he's a frikin cop; it's what he does for a living), yet for some inexplicable reason you want to deny what is a central tenet of the show itself.
So, good luck with your efforts to change reality to fit with your vision. Personally, I prefer to deal with facts as they actually are, not as I wish them to be.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - New Guy - 05-05-2016

(05-05-2016, 12:02 PM)irukandji Wrote: Yep, I'm serious.......That's not quite the same thing. There was a wesen involved and he had Monroe's help. I'm talking Nick rescuing someone on his own, without wesen being involved, like rescuing children from a burning building.
Hello Iruk,
I have posted this scene before, however 3.04 "One Night Stand" has an example of Nick saving a life. From the Grimm Wiki recap:
Quote:Elly is thrown to the dock, banging her head on a capstan which knocks her unconscious. Dominic throws the anchor she was tied to into the water, which pulls her off the dock and underwater. Dominic and Jesse prepare to fight Nick and Hank. Dominic woges and attacks Nick while Jesse tries to attack Hank, who is looking in the water where Elly went in. After a short time, Nick stuns Dominic and dives in after Elly, leaving Hank to deal with Jesse. Hank manages to stun Jesse and then handcuffs him to the dock. He then handcuffs Dominic and calls for Nick. Nick locates Elly and frees her from her the anchor. He brings her to the surface, and Hank notices that Nick's skin has gone pale and comments that he was underwater for a long time. Nick says that he is alright, and Elly coughs and returns to consciousness. Abel, Sarah, and Anna come running down the dock and embrace Elly.
https://youtu.be/GTxKTwS1TTc
You may want to refer to this video if you need to see Nick selflessly risk his life to save another.
In addition, the Grimm Wiki character profile of Nick includes this about his "Presonality," (Undeline is mine for emphasis):
Quote:In most episodes Nick seems to possess a keen sense to profile people quickly (even before the family's misfortune was passed to him), though it doesn't prove to be correct in the case of Monroe (this was however mostly due to him being distracted by his new Grimm powers, which allowed him to see Monroe's Wesen face). Aside from his ability of prospection, he has a good amount of self-confidence that never crosses over into arrogance. This, along with his ability to stay calm and rational in difficult situations gives him an edge in coping with his new found powers. Nick's sheer bravery is incredible. Multiple times he's leapt into dangerous situations to save others, and even when faced with opponents who are at least his equal, he refuses to back down.

Nick has a keen sense of fair play and a good moral compass. Despite the many atrocities he sees every day as a policeman, it never blinds him to the inherent goodness inside all creatures, and because of this, he has taken it upon himself to not only fulfill his role as a Grimm in protecting humans from dangerous Wesen, but also to protect Wesen from those of their kind who are out to harm them, along with humans who may come after them for similar reasons. He is a loving and devoted boyfriend, and a loyal friend. He can however be ruthless when the situation demands it, and is not above using Wesen's fear of Grimms to his advantage, but only when the situation requires him to. Over time, due to coping with his Grimm duties, Nick has gotten more ruthless, and is now less worried about killing opponents, but only if they are a serious threat to him or others. Nick's temper has also increased, and he's become more prone to expressing and listening to his rage as well. Nick is also shown to be a highly capable liar, able to make up believable stories on the spot to cover his Grimm activities, as the series progresses he gets more comfortable with bending or even out right breaking the law when he needs to do Grimm business.
Yes Nick has his faults, everyone does, yet I see goodness in him and a pure heart. The writers may turn Nick to the dark side but for now, I shall count him among the good guys.

I think we're both reading much more into each others' posts than what was intended. You've been talking about how you don't like the tension on the forum lately. I don't either. Let's just leave each other alone and let it go at that.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - FaceInTheCrowd - 05-05-2016

Nick's primary talent as a detective outside his grimm abilities seems to be that he's really good at discerning when somebody is lying to him.

On the subject of Nick's "moral compass," Nick is like a compass that multiple people are waving magnets at. He can't make a black or white choice between being a by the book cop and a lawless grimm, because either way more innocent people would end up being harmed, so in order to protect the innocent whenever he can, he's forced to make endless professional, legal and personal ethical compromises.