Grimm Forum
Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve (/Thread-Adalind-vs-Juliette-Eve)

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Hell Rell - 04-11-2017

(04-11-2017, 01:27 PM)Mrtrick Wrote:
(04-11-2017, 08:44 AM)irukandji Wrote: It's really good that you can see them through rose colored glasses. However, I cannot. I certainly cannot understand two people who've been through so much visiting that on their children. The fact that Nick never knew what a Grimm was to begin with makes it even more idiotic.

Nick and Adalind aren't visiting anything on their children. Just like their parents, Diana and Kelly are part of this from birth. The difference is that they'll be coming to it from a much healthier perspective. You're right, of course, that Nick grew up unaware of what a Grimm was. But for that very reason, he has to take a different tact. All that confusion led to so much pain. It left him wondering who he was and whether he could have anything good in his life. Kelly will grow up in a stable and happy environment, but also one where the work his family does, isn't some dark secret. How could they understand who the people in their lives are, and who they themselves are, without the truth. As these kids grow up, they'll be given the tools to understand and deal with the world they're a part of. Diana is already knee deep in it. There's no going back. And her power is so profound, that it would be irresponsible for them not to educate her on how to use it for good. And Kelly is destined to be a Grimm, whether his family wants that for him or not. If your whole family lied to you, and suddenly you started seeing things, there might be some resentment. Instead they will choose to teach both Diana and Kelly about who they are and how they're part of something much bigger than themselves. When we meet them later in life, these are adults who have made a choice for themselves about how they mean to honor that. It's like those families who have a tradition of military service or of joining the police and fire department. To take up this fight is a calling. One they have to come to terms with as anyone would. They respect their family and themselves by carrying that legacy onward. And Nick and Adalind would never have forced that on them. It's also not the sum total of who Diana and Kelly are as people. They likely went to college, have their own career aspirations, friends they grew up with, love lives, and own unique relationships with all the characters we know. And it would be because they weren't sheltered and hidden from the big scary Wesen world, that they're strong and confident now.

This is all speculation but it's basically a variation of "with great power comes great responsibility" except I don't think this was forced on them. They were going to meet up with the triplets and I certainly don't think they were forced into it either.

It's very likely that they all think they're performing a service for the greater good. They don't want to turn away when there are bad wesen to stop and people to protect, especially with their combined power and knowledge. It's not hard for me to understand. I'm pretty sure they all decided on their own whether they wanted to be involved or not.

The good thing about this next generation will be the lack of secrets among them. Remember that they're all working together now and their parents have already survived the worse. They're far more prepared than the scoobies were and they still have them to lean on if necessary.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Robyn - 04-11-2017

(04-11-2017, 04:45 AM)irukandji Wrote: Again, I'm not being sarcastic. I just don't see anything that led to me to believe that this is somehow a complex relationship with involving two people who have so much in common.
That enemies have a child together sounds like it would be complicated, but the show certainly didn’t think it sufficiently complicated to require Nick and Adalind discussing their past.

(04-11-2017, 06:16 AM)irukandji Wrote: Um.....no. How do you think the royals found out about Kelly in the first place. Adalind told them. She was involved. Aside from that, I never stated Juliette was not part of it.

(04-11-2017, 08:24 AM)irukandji Wrote: She was the one who gave the royals Kelly's name. There's no one to blame for that but her.
Not sure I understand how a woman doing everything she can to get her kidnapped baby back is to blame for helping figure out who has the baby. If Kelly hadn’t kidnapped someone’s baby, no one would have been looking her, and she may have not died. Why should Adalind care if Kelly or the other kidnappers died?

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 04-11-2017

(04-11-2017, 03:33 PM)Robyn Wrote: [quote='irukandji' pid='54718' dateline='1491916601']
Um.....no. How do you think the royals found out about Kelly in the first place. Adalind told them. She was involved. Aside from that, I never stated Juliette was not part of it.

Robyn Wrote:Not sure I understand how a woman doing everything she can to get her kidnapped baby back is to blame for helping figure out who has the baby.

You'll probably need to go back to the post where I was talking about what Nick and Adalind had in common. I was making a comparison of the intrigues that Adalind was involved in that affected Nick and the intrigues Nick was involved in that affected Nick. I said Nick lost his mother and Adalind was involved in that. No blame was placed, nothing more than that was mentioned.

What happened is that one snippet about Adalind morphed into a mushroom cloud of controversy. I can't complain. It's a lot of fun to read all of the comments.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Robyn - 04-11-2017

(04-11-2017, 03:44 PM)irukandji Wrote: You'll probably need to go back to the post where I was talking about what Nick and Adalind had in common. I was making a comparison of the intrigues that Adalind was involved in that affected Nick and the intrigues Nick was involved in that affected Nick. I said Nick lost his mother and Adalind was involved in that. No blame was placed, nothing more than that was mentioned.

What happened is that one snippet about Adalind morphed into a mushroom cloud of controversy. I can't complain. It's a lot of fun to read all of the comments.
Then the other part of my post fits better - that the show didn’t devote time progressing a complicated & violent history into a committed relationship. If G & K wanted Nick/Adalind to be the endgame, they should have been willing to put in the work instead of simply placing them there.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Purity - 04-11-2017

(04-11-2017, 08:44 AM)irukandji Wrote: However, I cannot. I certainly cannot understand two people who've been through so much visiting that on their children. The fact that Nick never knew what a Grimm was to begin with makes it even more idiotic.

Nick knew and knows what a Grimm is/was and its purpose. But since S1 Nick decided to take his heritage to a much different path and not like his ancestors. Nick is a New Testament Grimm, A modern Grimm. Rather than living a solitary life, he chose a full one by having family. Rather than him going against wesens, he became very good firends with them.
He fell in love and married a Hexenbeist and very certain he is the first Grimm to ever do that and have a family of a mix. Basically, he changed the Grimms history. These directions never made him idiotic nor did he not understand what a Grimm was. He simply made his path, a New Grimm type and I found his Grimm arch very worth it.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 04-11-2017

(04-11-2017, 04:52 PM)Purity Wrote:
(04-11-2017, 08:44 AM)irukandji Wrote: It's really good that you can see them through rose colored glasses. However, I cannot. I certainly cannot understand two people who've been through so much visiting that on their children. The fact that Nick never knew what a Grimm was to begin with makes it even more idiotic.

Nick knew and knows what a Grimm is/was and its purpose. But since S1 Nick decided to take his heritage a different turn and not like his ancestors. Nick is a New Testament Grimm. Rather than living a solitary life, he chose a full one with having family. Rather than him going against wesens, he became very good firends with them.
He fell in lve and married a Hexenbeist and very certain he is the first Grimm to ever do that. Basically, he changed the Grimms history. These directions never made him idiotic nor did he not understand what a Grimm was. He simply made his path, a New Grimm type and I found his arch very worth it.

No he didn't. He had some biased books, a warning from Aunt Marie, some weapons, and a beat up trailer. There were no time honored traditions that might actually help him build the discipline he would need to be a what would be considered a good and wise Grimm. If there is such a thing. No one knows because he made it up as he went along.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Purity - 04-11-2017

(04-11-2017, 04:58 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(04-11-2017, 04:52 PM)Purity Wrote:

Nick knew and knows what a Grimm is/was and its purpose. But since S1 Nick decided to take his heritage a different turn and not like his ancestors. Nick is a New Testament Grimm. Rather than living a solitary life, he chose a full one with having family. Rather than him going against wesens, he became very good firends with them.
He fell in lve and married a Hexenbeist and very certain he is the first Grimm to ever do that. Basically, he changed the Grimms history. These directions never made him idiotic nor did he not understand what a Grimm was. He simply made his path, a New Grimm type and I found his arch very worth it.

No he didn't. He had some biased books, a warning from Aunt Marie, some weapons, and a beat up trailer. There were no time honored traditions that might actually help him build the discipline he would need to be a what would be considered a good and wise Grimm. If there is such a thing. No one knows because he made it up as he went along.

As the seasons went by, we got to know more about Grimms, One thing for certain is, there were no wise or good Grimms (but this can be debatable on how we understand "wise and good"). The ancestral Grimms were cold & calculative hence the books, and all they knew was to kill all wesens. That was thier code, their honored tradition or one of it, and they were very disciplined or taught to be disciplined just for that.
Nick changed that, and influenced other Grimms. He never followed the old path, instead he made a new one. So yes he knew what a Grimm was and thier purpose.
Grimms did not need to have a Bible full of ethics or codes or traditions in numbers. Thiers were simple, what to kill, how to kill, when to kill, where to kill, protect humans, and Grimms stick with Grimms.
Thier only bibles were knowledge dictionaries of wesens

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - MarylikesGrimm - 04-11-2017

(04-11-2017, 05:09 PM)Purity Wrote: The ancestral Grimms were cold & calculative hence the books, and all they knew was to kill all wesens.

There were small number wesen types that worked with Grimms such as Mellifer. Nick could not find Mauzhertz mentioned in any of his Grimm Diaries likely because they are harmless therefore not killed by Grimms.

http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Mauzhertz
Mauzhertz are a friendly species and will go out of their way to avoid trouble. Consequently, Mauzhertz have never been at odds with the Grimms. Prior to Nick Burkhardt encountering Martin Burgess' murder spree, it is unlikely that a Grimm had ever recorded an instance of a rogue Mauzhertz, as Nick could find no mention of them in any of his Grimm Diaries and required Monroe's help to identify them.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Circe27 - 04-11-2017

Yes, but in the books there was a mention of killing a type of wesen who were peaceful and had no issue with grimms . They were still wiped out to extinction by grimms. Even harmless wesens were at risk.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - MarylikesGrimm - 04-11-2017

Ratings comparison between Grimm different seasons by 18­-49 Age Demographic

Second half of Season 4 where Juliette is evil there is a dropping trend during that part of the season.

Often ratings for Grimm dropped during the summer break.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10211189342962299&set=a.1094230568871.15030.1619767990&type=3&theater