Grimm Forum
Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve (/Thread-Adalind-vs-Juliette-Eve)

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Hell Rell - 04-11-2017

(04-11-2017, 08:44 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(04-11-2017, 08:34 AM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(04-11-2017, 08:24 AM)irukandji Wrote: [quote='Tara' pid='54738' dateline='1491922915']
Sure, of course Adalind is the innocence lamb and the others have all the fault....just not Adalind....

She was the one who gave the royals Kelly's name. There's no one to blame for that but her.

Adalind can be blamed but so are the people who told her Viktor had Diana. They played their part as well. Adalind wouldn't have gone there if it weren't for them. Remember she gave them the name after being tortured while thinking Viktor had her child which added to the torture.

If you go back to the original post, all I said was she was involved. There was no mention that she was the only one to blame, nor was there any intent that she was the only one to blame. And really, I was just listing the so called tragedies that she was involved in, and Nick was involved in.

I thought you just said that Adalind gave Viktor Kelly's name and no one else is to blame for that but her. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 04-11-2017

(04-11-2017, 10:06 AM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(04-11-2017, 08:24 AM)irukandji Wrote: [quote='Tara' pid='54738' dateline='1491922915']
Sure, of course Adalind is the innocence lamb and the others have all the fault....just not Adalind....

She was the one who gave the royals Kelly's name. There's no one to blame for that but her.

Adalind can be blamed but so are the people who told her Viktor had Diana. They played their part as well. Adalind wouldn't have gone there if it weren't for them. Remember she gave them the name after being tortured while thinking Viktor had her child which added to the torture.

If you go back to the original post, all I said was she was involved. There was no mention that she was the only one to blame, nor was there any intent that she was the only one to blame. And really, I was just listing the so called tragedies that she was involved in, and Nick was involved in.

I thought you just said that Adalind gave Viktor Kelly's name and no one else is to blame for that but her. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

She is to blame for giving Viktor Kelly's name. She isn't the only one to blame for what happened. By giving the name, she became involved. That's what I meant.

(04-11-2017, 10:19 AM)irukandji Wrote:

She is to blame for giving Viktor Kelly's name. She isn't the only one to blame for what happened. By giving the name, she became involved. That's what I meant.

Okay. That was the point I was addressing. I thought you meant only Adalind was to blame for giving Viktor Kelly's name. I see now that you mean she was only partly to blame.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - MarylikesGrimm - 04-11-2017

(04-11-2017, 10:23 AM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(04-11-2017, 10:19 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(04-11-2017, 08:34 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: She was the one who gave the royals Kelly's name. There's no one to blame for that but her.

Okay. That was the point I was addressing. I thought you meant only Adalind was to blame for giving Viktor Kelly's name. I see now that you mean she was only partly to blame.

Out of the royals, the keys and the entire main cast, IMO Adalind was the least to blame for Kelly's death. She gave Viktor a minor piece information after torture which he used with a lot of other information to guess Kelly had Diana. That did not even change Viktor's plans in the least. Royals blackmailed Sean using his mom since they knew where she was for most of the information.

Adalind knows it is her fault for trying sell her daughter and getting her mom killed.

IMO the strange thing is it is really the keys, the royals and Sean that started the whole thing that ended up with Z guy trying come here. What came first the chicken (Z being trapped?) or the egg (keys?)?

At the end of the day, Juliette not ending up with Nick isn't a big deal. Nick is constantly called a doofus so I don't see why anyone would think she drew the short stick.

In the final two seasons, Juliette has gotten more screentime, has been more essential to the plot, and is more powerful than Adalind. She was the only other character to go into the mirror world and the ultimate plot of the season pretty much revolved around her. I think Juliette even received more screentime with Nick and got an emotional death scene all to herself.

Juliette doesn't want the life Adalind has nor does she have any time for Nick's guilt so she came out just fine in the end and can choose any life she wishes to have. She has more power and abilities than most have so that shouldn't be too hard.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - FaceInTheCrowd - 04-11-2017

(04-11-2017, 10:46 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: IMO the strange thing is it is really the keys, the royals and Sean that started the whole thing that ended up with Z guy trying come here. What came first the chicken (Z being trapped?) or the egg (keys?)?

My guess is that Z was in the other place long before the knights found the stick. Deciphering the ancient symbols on the cloth would have been even harder for them than it was for the scoobies, so even if they knew about skull guy through the Altochdeutsch book, they probably had no idea that the stick was related to him or they would have buried it and never would have made the keys. As far as they knew, they found a holy relic in Constantinople that could heal the sick or wounded and even raise the dead, and decided it was too powerful for the royals to have but maybe not too powerful for them to have someday.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - rpmaluki - 04-11-2017

In the last two season Juliette got to do so much more than even Nick himself. In the last season alone she drove 90% of the storyline that wasn't wesen of the week. Juliette's character has benefited from being apart from Nick. She's living her life in her own terms and Adalind's living her life she desires for herself. Nobody is a loser in any of this.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - brandon - 04-11-2017

I would say that because do not think about it when became a "Hexenbiest", instead of victimizing myself.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Circe27 - 04-11-2017

(04-11-2017, 11:15 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: In the last two season Juliette got to do so much more than even Nick himself. In the last season alone she drove 90% of the storyline that wasn't wesen of the week. Juliette's character has benefited from being apart from Nick. She's living her life in her own terms and Adalind's living her life she desires for herself. Nobody is a loser in any of this.

I agree. Juliette/Eve was the lead, Nick took a backseat in the show. She did more the past 2 seasons than the previous 4 and practically everything revolved around her. I thought they should have renamed the show personally, because it wasn't about a Grimm anymore. She may not have ended up with Nick but it doesn't mean she didn't get anything out of it at all.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Mrtrick - 04-11-2017

(04-11-2017, 08:44 AM)irukandji Wrote: It's really good that you can see them through rose colored glasses. However, I cannot. I certainly cannot understand two people who've been through so much visiting that on their children. The fact that Nick never knew what a Grimm was to begin with makes it even more idiotic.

Nick and Adalind aren't visiting anything on their children. Just like their parents, Diana and Kelly are part of this from birth. The difference is that they'll be coming to it from a much healthier perspective. You're right, of course, that Nick grew up unaware of what a Grimm was. But for that very reason, he has to take a different tact. All that confusion led to so much pain. It left him wondering who he was and whether he could have anything good in his life. Kelly will grow up in a stable and happy environment, but also one where the work his family does, isn't some dark secret. How could they understand who the people in their lives are, and who they themselves are, without the truth. As these kids grow up, they'll be given the tools to understand and deal with the world they're a part of. Diana is already knee deep in it. There's no going back. And her power is so profound, that it would be irresponsible for them not to educate her on how to use it for good. And Kelly is destined to be a Grimm, whether his family wants that for him or not. If your whole family lied to you, and suddenly you started seeing things, there might be some resentment. Instead they will choose to teach both Diana and Kelly about who they are and how they're part of something much bigger than themselves. When we meet them later in life, these are adults who have made a choice for themselves about how they mean to honor that. It's like those families who have a tradition of military service or of joining the police and fire department. To take up this fight is a calling. One they have to come to terms with as anyone would. They respect their family and themselves by carrying that legacy onward. And Nick and Adalind would never have forced that on them. It's also not the sum total of who Diana and Kelly are as people. They likely went to college, have their own career aspirations, friends they grew up with, love lives, and own unique relationships with all the characters we know. And it would be because they weren't sheltered and hidden from the big scary Wesen world, that they're strong and confident now.