Grimm Forum
Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve (/Thread-Adalind-vs-Juliette-Eve)

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 04-11-2017

(04-11-2017, 08:34 AM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(04-11-2017, 08:24 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(04-11-2017, 08:01 AM)Tara Wrote: Sure, of course Adalind is the innocence lamb and the others have all the fault....just not Adalind....

She was the one who gave the royals Kelly's name. There's no one to blame for that but her.

Adalind can be blamed but so are the people who told her Viktor had Diana. They played their part as well. Adalind wouldn't have gone there if it weren't for them. Remember she gave them the name after being tortured while thinking Viktor had her child which added to the torture.

If you go back to the original post, all I said was she was involved. There was no mention that she was the only one to blame, nor was there any intent that she was the only one to blame. And really, I was just listing the so called tragedies that she was involved in, and Nick was involved in.

(04-11-2017, 08:01 AM)Mrtrick Wrote: All of that stress, from within and without, was dropped on Nick and Adalind when little Kelly showed up in their lives. Unexperienced parents. Moving into an unfamiliar place. Reconciling their past feelings with who they had to be now. An undercurrent of fear over how the outside world might threaten them. Lingering concerns about the eternal Grimm, Hexenbeist conflict. And yet, the fact that they handled it with grace, speaks volumes about Nick and Adalind as a couple. Certainly they made mistakes, but they are only people, after all. In the end, the very pressures you spoke of, are what ultimately proved their mettle. Every bit of turmoil they had endured in their lives, up to this point, prepared them for this test. And more than anything, it afforded them the opportunity to really understand the individuals who lay behind the archetypes they had superficially dealt with before. Nick wasn't the cold hearted, judgemental killing machine she understood a Grimm to be. He was good and protective and willing to forgive. And Adalind was more than the things she had done. More than the iconically manipulative, self-centered, and cruel Hexenbeist vision he had in his mind. She was warm, supportive and patient. A calm center in a world of chaos, taking in the slings and arrows with a wry humor. If they fell in love with each other in the midst of such strain, it's because of the people they showed themselves to be when the chips were down. Not in spite of it.

And Nick doesn't value being a Grimm over all else. He values his family first. That's the point of where we leave him at the end of the series. He made the hard choice. The one he didn't want to make, in never handing over that stick, because that's the burden of being a Grimm. And his reward was being given back the thing that means the most to him. It was a long journey to that point in his life. The moment of clarity, where he could fully understand the importance of that family bond. That he wasn't meant to do it alone. The mandate of Grimms past had been to lead solitary lives. This task came first and all other considerations were moot. When Nick learned of his heritage and the mantle he was taking on, this is how it was laid out to him. Had the work of being a Grimm been all consuming, he would have left Juliette on the spot. He would have cut all emotional ties and taken up the job with a harsher abandon, coolly detached from his cop identity. Instead, he struggled to find a way to hold on to the things he wanted, like love and friendship, while honoring this history he had been saddled with. It was messy. At every turn was a new mistake to be made. By the time Juliette was dying in his arms, the warnings Marie had given him, had all come true. Perhaps he should just drift away from the things that held him to the world. But fate had other plans. Had Kelly not existed, I have no doubt that this would have been his path. Another in an endless parade of Grimms, doing things just as everyone who had ever born that cross before him had done. Kelly and Adalind saved Nick's life. Maybe not physically, but instead, in the most important sense. His soul. They bound him to the world at a time when he could have floated away. He was left with no time to dwell on what had happened. No time to fall into a morass of doubt and self-recrimination. An instant family was dropped into his lap. A charge to protect, not as a Grimm, but as a father. He couldn't leave his little slice of the universe, because this new duty was greater than whatever ancient lineage he was tied to. Over the next two seasons, it remained his driving force. He still had guilt. There were still questions that dogged him. But in the end, he proved that his Grimm legacy and the bonds of family that bind him here and now, could be one and the same. Being a Grimm is important to him. It's part of who he his. But he no longer keeps it apart from the heart of his life. It's part of his day to day family existence. It's part of his relationship with the friends who make up his extended family. And it belongs to them to. It's there struggle as much as his. Which makes it a family affair, and not the lone struggle of the past. By changing the way the Grimm exists in the world, Nick has made it impossible for it to be just about himself. It's all intertwined. Perhaps you could say he values being a Grimm above all else. But it's because he values the Family Grimm.

It's really good that you can see them through rose colored glasses. However, I cannot. I certainly cannot understand two people who've been through so much visiting that on their children. The fact that Nick never knew what a Grimm was to begin with makes it even more idiotic.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Circe27 - 04-11-2017

Adalind may have given Kelly's name but that's not the complete story. By that line of thinking, Juliette is how they killed Kelly, she lured Kelly to her death. They may have had Kelly's name but Victor and Kenneth couldn't get to her and didn't get to her, as seen on screen. Juliette emailed Kelly with the knowledge that the Royal's wanted to take Diana from her and that led to Kelly's death. Adalind didn't get the ball rolling for Kelly's death. Kidnapping Diana started it.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Tara - 04-11-2017

I blame both - Juliette and Adalind for Kelly.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Devegs - 04-11-2017

(04-11-2017, 08:51 AM)Tara Wrote: I blame both - Juliette and Adalind for Kelly.

Assigning blame to anyone on Grimm usually has to become an Oprah moment because 'You get some blame, you get some blame, you get some blame, everyone gets some blame. Yay!'

There's a lot of blame to be shared about Kelly's death, including Kelly herself. I just don't think Adalind is to be blamed for it or even Juliette really, both of them were victims to the fallout of the decision Nick, Sean, and Kelly made.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 04-11-2017

(04-11-2017, 08:51 AM)Tara Wrote: I blame both - Juliette and Adalind for Kelly.

I blame more than that including Kelly herself. But that was not my point in bringing this up. I merely wanted to point out that the only things Nick and Adalind have in common beside sleeping together and baby Kelly are the multitude of times were one has been involved in the intrigues of the other. Not a good basis for a relationship.

(04-11-2017, 09:15 AM)Circe27 Wrote: There's a lot of blame to be shared about Kelly's death, including Kelly herself. I just don't think Adalind is to be blamed for it or even Juliette really, both of them were victims to the fallout of the decision Nick, Sean, and Kelly made.

A lot of events that occurred on the show can to be traced back to decisions each made on their own or that a number of them made together. In some way each one is involved somehow or in some form. They all have blood on their hands.

(04-11-2017, 09:20 AM)Devegs Wrote:
(04-11-2017, 09:15 AM)Circe27 Wrote: There's a lot of blame to be shared about Kelly's death, including Kelly herself. I just don't think Adalind is to be blamed for it or even Juliette really, both of them were victims to the fallout of the decision Nick, Sean, and Kelly made.

A lot of events that occurred on the show can to be traced back to decisions each made on their own or that a number of them made together. In some way each one is involved somehow or in some form. They all have blood on their hands.

Very true.

(04-11-2017, 09:19 AM)irukandji Wrote: I merely wanted to point out that the only things Nick and Adalind have in common beside sleeping together and baby Kelly are the multitude of times were one has been involved in the intrigues of the other. Not a good basis for a relationship.

That they are sleeping together and have baby Kelly is of course true... but on the show when Adalind left in S5 for some reason Nick already was taking it very personal, like they had a lot more going for them then than just sleeping together. He had said to his friends that 'Adalind left him'. Not that Adalind left which should have been his response since he never really expressed where he stood with her but that she left 'him'. Then in the beginning of S6 he really seemed bothered about the Bonaparte ring and said "what is that? ...we'll find a way to take it off". Now I must admit that I was a little baffled and I didn't understand why he was overconfident about a "we" due the the way the last season ended but Nick sure was confident saying 'we' to Adalind.

(04-11-2017, 09:33 AM)Devegs Wrote: That they are sleeping together and have baby Kelly is of course true... but on the show when Adalind left in S5 for some reason Nick already was taking it very personal, like they had a lot more going for them then than just sleeping together. He had said to his friends that 'Adalind left him'. Not that Adalind left which should have been his response since he never really expressed where he stood with her but that she left 'him'. Then in the beginning of S6 he really seemed bothered about the Bonaparte ring and said "what is that? ...we'll find a way to take it off". Now I must admit that I was a little baffled and I didn't understand why he was overconfident about a "we" due the the way the last season ended but Nick sure was confident saying 'we' to Adalind.

I was surprised by that too. I didn't think Nick and Adalind would have anything more between them until the Bad Night episode. Like you said, Nick saying "Adalind left me" twice indicated that he was more invested with his own relationship with Adalind than I previously thought and it was about more than just Kelly.