Grimm Forum
Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve (/Thread-Adalind-vs-Juliette-Eve)

Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Scully1987 - 02-02-2016

Adalind vs. Juliette

I'm trying now to go and be impartially. I know everybody need now to put everyone needs to be on a page - but I personally find it very difficult to see me on a page. I try to remain as factual as possible, even though I know which side I would place myself on.

I have some things I do not like in the past season, and after that I would now like to go into. And a bit to explain what I understand and what not.

Without a shipper of Nick / Juliette and Nick / Adalind fans get upset or unfriendly respond. This is my favorite series and I would like to share with you what I think and what I mean.

And I must also confess that I was not a fan of Adalind at the beginning - I was more of Juliette fan „smile“-Emoticon But well, let's start.

Among the thing with Adalind get pregnant. Nick although he believed that it was Juliette with whom he slept. I assume that Adalind wanted revenge, because they have taken away her daughter. And I will not go into it, now.
(And I think that Adalind would not had not done, if she knew what would happened.)

Or the thing that Juliette has turned into a Hexenbiest...

Or that Nick has turned away from Juliette in disgust…

The fact that Juliette laughed into Nick's face when he told her that he loves her...

The thing, that one of my favorite characters has turned into a monster, that my former dream couple have seperated - fighting with each other. And the worst thing, where I say: stop it, it went too far, was the matter with Juliette, she stood in the hallway and did not help Kelly, she was just stood there and did nothing!

These are the key points: If I had to choose now I would choose Nadalind but I'll give Juliette/Eve the chance (because she was one of my favorites. Although I had to sigh, as I've seen,who is back. But okay.) Now I want to know what will happen next. And I will not hope that Nick /Juliette/Eve come back together. Not after the recent events in the final season.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - syscrash - 02-02-2016

The one thing NIck, Juliette / Eve, Sean and Adalind have in common they are the characters you love to hate. If you have watched this show from the beginning you realize given enough episode the character you hate will become the character you love. If the writers did not push your buttons you would not watch the show. It was ask of those that hate howard stern why do you listen, answer to hear what he says next. Shock your audience they come back for more. This is not a documentary so being PC has no importance. In fact push the controversial issue. you get viewers if nothing else to she what the buzz is about. Take how Adalind got pregnant. That is one of the biggest comment subjects on the boards. If you found a character exciting that now you hate. Wait they will have them do something that will get you applause. Sean did it. Adalind is doing. Juliette will return to it. Nick well he is the star and can do no wrong. When Nick screws up we see it as he has a lot going on. That get us to remember Nick is carrying the show so we cut him slack. How else do you explain Nick is with the one who played a major part in sending his life down the toilet. Now they are hoping he will make their life better. And like a true hero he can not refuse the damsel in distress. And yes before the end Eve will be a symbol of Grimm. Just like Trubel with her machete. Where Sean is the example of control and power. I can not find a spot for Adalind. Other then being the screw up of the group. The one can can count on for doing the wrong thing. She is it.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Grimmbiest11 - 02-02-2016

The thing about Adalind is she does not need a Wesen 101 like Juliette first did. Adalind basically knows a lot about the wesen world, because she is one and probably more so than Nick himself. Adalind knew Nick was a Grimm on the very first episode so none of all this freaks her out.
I'll give Juliette points for being a willing scholar though but the moment Nick stopped being a Grimm she flipped the script on him.
In all fairness before Juliette became Eve she was just Nick's girlfriend, she was just 'there'. Moonlighted with the gang a bit and all but nothing big.
Adalind on the other side is a symbol of Grimm. Not only was she the first woge Nick saw but she was the first wesen we got to know. Through Adalind we got an insight into the nature of hexenbiests. So saying Adalind is the screw up of the gang is a bit unwarranted for. Just because she wasn't one of the 'good guys' for a long while doesn't make her character insignificant.
Now that the roles between her and Juliette have been reversed yeah Adalind has taken more of a back seat but she is still a point of reference. And I think the writers will take her character down that route because of her extensive knowledge. Also, her powers will be coming back anytime soon.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - syscrash - 02-02-2016

I am not saying Adalind is a screw up as a bad thing. I am saying in group shows you always have the shaggy character. The one tasked with a key part of the plan and screws it up. Not for any real fault of their own. They just have bad luck. They just happen to be friends with Murphy's Law. With Adalind if it can happen it will happen. And that is what we love about her. We know or hope one day she will get it right. Adalinds plan to get Diana back. Her execution great. She had everyone fooled, and got away clean. It is just everything went wrong afterwards. From viktor lying from the start. To ending up pregnant, Juleitte a hexenbiest, and still not having her child. Now her is the questions. From the beginning Adalind's plans have been growing in complexity. Will the new Adalind top the power stealing daughter retrieval plan that set the ground work for season 5.

I say she will. Adalind has a connection to Meisner, Sean, Nick, Eve. How can she not be part of what ever this seasons big plan is. She is to big a thorn in every bodies side to stay sidelined much longer. I understand now this Nick, baby thing was to get her back into the circle.

Any speculations which will be the Adalin breakout episode. The episode that puts her back in the game. The manipulative move with the head to setup Kenneth, that was classic Adalind. That is what she does best. That is what I think we will see more of.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 02-02-2016

Why wasn't Juliette a symbol of Grimm? I'm not talking Eve here but the original girlfriend, Juliette?

There have been a lot of positive comments about Grimm specifically with regard to Nick's acceptance of a species his kind usually goes out of their way to decapitate.

Now before anyone goes off on some tirade that Grimm is about wesen, consider this. Nick didn't have to have a girlfriend. He could have easily lived the life of a loner and still been an effective Grimm. But, the creators chose to give him what they felt would be an acceptable woman for him.

Yet from day one, Juliette was completely despised by a majority of the audience. I personally never cared for the character. I mean, what was there to like? Not a whole lot. But in looking back, it wasn't a problem with Bitsie or her acting. It was a problem with Grimm.

We know about Nick's family, Monroe's family, Rosalee's family, Sean's family, even dweebee Adalind's family. But when it comes to Juliette, who's by the way is the next most important character on the list next to Nick, there's......drumroll........tada...........a grandmother off in the boonies we've never met. No mom, no dad, no brothers or sisters.

We've seen Rosalee working in the spice shop, Monroe working with his clocks and helping Nick with cases, Sean at the police department, and Adalind plotting with the royals or being involved in some conspiracy. Juliette was shown at the pet shop maybe, twice? Once was so that Adalind could arrive with her scratch on delivery cat and the other time was so that Juliette could tell Nick 'she was working too'. What a revelation.

I have noticed something else that's odd and troubling to me about Grimm. It seems to take the view that the true, total 100% human as a somewhat boring creature, blissfully or stubbornly stupid, and will never really "get it" as far as wesen are concerned. And for that reason, these boring, blissfully stupid/stubborn creatures called humans are not allowed to have any other story than to continue being blissfully or stubbornly stupid.

For those who are about to argue this, I ask to consider that in this forum alone, there are countless arguments that Juliette never really got it as far as Nick's life as a Grimm was concerned. She will always be credited with having little/no understanding of this complex world of wesen. Which, by the way, isn't all that complex.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Hexenadler - 02-02-2016

(02-02-2016, 09:11 PM)irukandji Wrote: I have noticed something else that's odd and troubling to me about Grimm. It seems to take the view that the true, total 100% human as a somewhat boring creature, blissfully or stubbornly stupid, and will never really "get it" as far as wesen are concerned. And for that reason, these boring, blissfully stupid/stubborn creatures called humans are not allowed to have any other story than to continue being blissfully or stubbornly stupid.

It feels good to finally agree on something. Cool The show has a weirdly elitist attitude towards humans ("weird," in that the show itself is written by humans), evident whenever a human turns into a blob of mumbling jell-o just from seeing a wesen woge.

That's another reason why I'd love to see a subplot featuring Juliette's Dad entering the picture, and taking his transformed daughter under his care. He could be shown as a warm, kind-hearted, God-fearing man...in other words, the polar opposite of a Hexenbiest, leading to some interesting scenes between the two characters. In turn, Juliette could struggle between her innately nasty nature, and the love she still feels for her father. Juliette's Dad could be the one human on the show who adapts to the reality of the Wesen astonishingly well for the sake of his daughter, so much so he almost makes Hank and Wu jealous. Tongue

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - irukandji - 02-03-2016

Quote: Hexenadler wrote:
The show has a weirdly elitist attitude towards humans ("weird," in that the show itself is written by humans), evident whenever a human turns into a blob of mumbling jell-o just from seeing a wesen woge.

This is a good point and I totally agree. Last week's episode featured yet again a scene where a wesen dared to woge in public. Monroe and Rosalee were naturally and appropriately horrified, and, and OMG HOOMANS saw him and now will run amuk! Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I was so irritated at this because this story of acceptance is anything but. And once again, we are given the message that only Grimms and wesen are allowed to pass go so they can be in the acceptance club. Humans are once again relegated to those who don't get it.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - jsgrimm45 - 02-03-2016

If I were writing the series based on your opening statement. I keep Adalind change in place make her the new Juliette type character. Eve is a harder question if you like Juliette than you would want to see a return to that character if you didn't you want her to be killed off. I alway see just the writer's character I don't like or dislike any of them so I can go either way depends on how the writers do it does it work for the series.

Eve is now the Adalind character of season 1 to 3.5. should they also give her a change than the question is does it help the series or not? One thing is see they did wrong with the Eve character is her power to much it takes away from the Grimm story line as the most powerful character in the series. Point at the factory how did one wesen take on a Grimm, now they could have had say 5 Nick was fighting or a Siegbarste now have Eve work her stuff ok but it made the Nick take a back seat to Eve. Writer now will have to repair that in they started to in last episode with Nick taking on two hand to hand.

I'm keeping an open mind for now on Eve and want Nick and Adalind to work it out.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - Grimmbiest11 - 02-03-2016

How are they going to deal with Adalind's power's returning? Will she be on the mirror then woge and start screaming. Then goes through the hiding stage until she has to tell Nick? I'm really hoping the writers give us a fresh angle different from Juliette's.

RE: Adalind vs. Juliette/Eve - jsgrimm45 - 02-03-2016

(02-03-2016, 09:43 AM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote: How are they going to deal with Adalind's power's returning? Will she be on the mirror then woge and start screaming. Then goes through the hiding stage until she has to tell Nick? I'm really hoping the writers give us a fresh angle different from Juliette's.
This is a good point, if her powers come back full than she should tell Nick as soon as it happens and tell him her plans Keep or Not and then follow thur on that plan.