Grimm Forum
Grimm show 1 versus grimm show 2 - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Grimm show 1 versus grimm show 2 (/Thread-Grimm-show-1-versus-grimm-show-2)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Grimm show 1 versus grimm show 2 - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 01-31-2016

Talking about grimm is talk about different shows. Show 1 is build up with seasons 1, 2, 3 and 4. Show 2 started in season 5.

I started to think if it was possible to exist parallels between the story of the two shows and I found some situations that apparently means the writers are telling again the same story with different elements.
This way I think we can try to figure out how the writers are planning to manage the show in the next episodes. Lets try?

First some concepts. When talking about the first show, I am simplifying some things because the events happened slowly if compared to show 2. As example of a simplication, Sean was a royal that joined the resistance. I will consider him only as resistance.

Parallel 1: Juliette versus Adelaind.
In show 1 Nick’s girlfriend was Juliette and she ended up becoming a hexanbiest.
In show 2 Nick is living with Adelaind that for while is a normal person but will became a hexanbiest (suppression potion).

Parallel 2: Aunt Marie versus Chavez
In the show one Nick’s aunt arrived at Portland and revealed to Nick a hole new world: the wesens. Aunt Marie died before tell everything but left him a trailer full of weapons and books with informations.
In the show two, Chavez started to revel to Nick the new world: HW versus BC. She also died before she could tell everything. She also left something, her cell phone that connects Nick to the HW.
Curiosity : aunt Marie apparently had a wesen boyfriend. He was the same kind of Chavez. Did the writers think about that?

Parallel 3: Sean versus Meisner
In the first show Nick’s boss (Sean) put Nick in situations of danger (like sending Adelaind against Nick) to convince Nick to became his allie.
In the second show, if Nick join the HW.... Meisner would be Nick’s boss in the organization. Meisner is also putting Nick in danger (like allowing him to go to the factory.... The test in the restaurant...) to convince Nick to join HW.

Parallel 4: Adelaind versus Eve
Show 1: Adelaind was the hexanbiest controlled by Sean.
Show 2: Eve is Meisner ‘s hexanbiest.

Parallel 5: royals versus BC
Show 1: royals wanted to control the world.
Show 2: apparently, the BC is the group who wants to control the world.

Parallel 6: resistance versus HW
Show 1: the resistance was the group fighting the royals.
Show 2: the HW is the group fighting the BC.

Do you agree with all of those parallels? Do teu think there are others? Based on that, how can we preview next events in the show?

First question: Sean’s actions like sending Adelaind against Nick ended up with Juliette breaking up with Nick. Do you think Meisner will try to end Nick and Adelaind relationship?
I think it is possible because the writers are signing Meisner has feelings for Adelaind. Besides that, in the Grimm world the writers don’t allow anyone besides Monroe and Rosalee to have love interest.
Hank is single. Wu is single. Bud we never saw his wife. The royals are single (Sean, Eric and Victor). Nick is unlucky... His mother lived alone.... His aunt was single.
Well....the show runners don’t like love.

Does anyone have any ideas about this? Or does it bring new perspectives for the story of the show?

RE: Grimm show 1 versus grimm show 2 - izzy - 01-31-2016

(01-31-2016, 09:06 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: Talking about grimm is talk about different shows. Show 1 is build up with seasons 1, 2, 3 and 4. Show 2 started in season 5.

I started to think if it was possible to exist parallels between the story of the two shows and I found some situations that apparently means the writers are telling again the same story with different elements.
This way I think we can try to figure out how the writers are planning to manage the show in the next episodes. Lets try?

First some concepts. When talking about the first show, I am simplifying some things because the events happened slowly if compared to show 2. As example of a simplication, Sean was a royal that joined the resistance. I will consider him only as resistance.

In show 1 Nick’s girlfriend was Juliette and she ended up becoming a hexanbiest.
In show 2 Nick is living with Adelaind that for while is a normal person but will became a hexanbiest (suppression potion).

In the show one Nick’s aunt arrived at Portland and revealed to Nick a hole new world: the wesens. Aunt Marie died before tell everything but left him a trailer full of weapons and books with informations.
In the show two, Chavez started to revel to Nick the new world: HW versus BC. She also died before she could tell everything. She also left something, her cell phone that connects Nick to the HW.
Curiosity : aunt Marie apparently had a wesen boyfriend. He was the same kind of Chavez. Did the writers think about that?

In the first show Nick’s boss (Sean) put Nick in situations of danger (like sending Adelaind against Nick) to convince Nick to became his allie.
In the second show, if Nick join the HW.... Meisner would be Nick’s boss in the organization. Meisner is also putting Nick in danger (like allowing him to go to the factory.... The test in the restaurant...) to convince Nick to join HW.

Do you agree with all of those parallels? Do teu think there are others? Based on that, how can we preview next events in the show?

First question: Sean’s actions like sending Adelaind against Nick ended up with Juliette breaking up with Nick. Do you think Meisner will try to end Nick and Adelaind relationship?
I think it is possible because the writers are signing Meisner has feelings for Adelaind. Besides that, in the Grimm world the writers don’t allow anyone besides Monroe and Rosalee to have love interest.
Hank is single. Wu is single. Bud we never saw his wife. The royals are single (Sean, Eric and Victor). Nick is unlucky... His mother lived alone.... His aunt was single.

Does anyone have any ideas about this? Or does it bring new perspectives for the story of the show?
No thoughts as of yet, accept what a brilliant analysis.

RE: Grimm show 1 versus grimm show 2 - jsgrimm45 - 02-01-2016

(01-31-2016, 09:06 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: Talking about grimm is talk about different shows. Show 1 is build up with seasons 1, 2, 3 and 4. Show 2 started in season 5.

Going over your points should we look at season 1 to 4 to see if they point to 5? Watch season 1 Cat and Mouse Ian said the verrat and the royals were behind the world unrest and I see BC as being a verrat royal set up. Someone posted they didn't think the royals were behind it they could be right. They pointed out that the royals may have to much to lose could be correct. If BC isn't a royal set up which side will the verrat fall on?

Your point on Marie and Chavez are good but I'll add one was a Grimm the other a wesen so in season 1 we see Nick connecting with wesen. So for show 2 Nick contact with wesen will be key, his understanding of them will be needed. In show 1 he needed training as a Grimm but he got his training from Monroe and Rosalee.

Eve as you state is the hexenbiest of show 2 with Adalind the Juliette of show 2. So IMO Adalind will end her hexenbiest with Rosalee help or reduce it somewhat. Maybe leaving herself with some powers without a woge. Here I do see her and Nick becoming a couple maybe later in the season. Meisner may cause Nick and her some problems like when Pilar told Juliette she would have to chose between the two so we have the same here we have the same as show 1. Adalind will also do the same as show 1 chose Nick.

Now as you say Show 2 will be more Meisner and Nick then Nick and Sean. As Nick may do more HW work than police work. I see it more Trubel taking the lead than Meisner now for the if a big if unless Meisner is a Grimm. I don't think we can rule that out.

Now back to thinking as this needs some hair loss. Big Grin

RE: Grimm show 1 versus grimm show 2 - wfmyers1207 - 02-01-2016

@jsgrimm45. That would have been me that questioned the Royal's being behind BC. It just isn't their MO. Throughout the entire series run we see the Royal's working quietly behind the scenes.

Considering the way they operate and their ultimate goal, I just can't see them using a bunch of off-the-hook, homicidal, meglomaniacs as front men. WAY TOO MUCH ATTENTION! Confused Yes, of course the werrat are some pretty nasty customers, but they are also agents who take orders. BC is completely out of control.

Not to mention that the BC revolt would almost certainly reveal everything about wesen and the Royal's to the entire world. The last thing the Royal's would want! Dodgy

RE: Grimm show 1 versus grimm show 2 - New Guy - 02-01-2016

Greetings Adriano, JS and WF,
First, thank you Adriano for this thread. The parallels are logical.
The switcheroo of Adalind and Juliette (aka Eve) is obvious, but making the switch and just recycling the first four seasons would bore the viewers away. The writers knew better, but just cranking up the volume (replace the Wesen of the week with the BC mob and Hexenalind with Hexenette (aka Eve) and giving her mob size kill power) may also fail to hold viewer interest.
Ok so Sheikh of Shallow will give the same old broken record line about Juliette, they "need to bury her one way or another." Oh, sorry, that's Nick's line. The lipstick on the pig (wigs, new name,..) didn't work.
The next scene is in the restaurant:
Quote: N: I thought you were dead. Oh, Juliette.
J: My name isn't Juliette.
N: What am I supposed to call you?
J: They call me Eve.
N: Why Eve?
J: Because I'm starting over.
N: Do you really think it's that easy?
J: It wasn't easy.
N: You want to know what isn't easy? Knowing that you set me up And that you set up my mother.
What, are you gonna pretend like you don't remember?
J: I remember everything.
N: I would have killed you.
J: Well, the night is young.
N: What did they do to you?
J: What they had to.
Yes, I still watch the show, but (buzzzz -2 cent but fine) like Nick I don't buy this Eve thing.
I wonder if the writers are setting up the plot to end Grimm at five seasons. I also wonder if 4.22 was set up for two endings; the one they used and the contingent for Grimm not renewed for season 5. The contingency plot had Juliette deflect the arrows (like she did in the fight with Adalind) and proceeded to rip out Nick's throat and kill (like DEAD) him (like she dreamed of doing to Rosalee). End of Nick. End of Grimm. Friday returns to Movie Night.
Regardless, this should be an interesting thread.
New Guy

RE: Grimm show 1 versus grimm show 2 - speakeasy - 02-01-2016

To me there is only Grimm 1. Like a book that chapter follows chapter, we are about half way through. Naturally, we now have much more information about the story. It's become less straightforward and more nuanced as we learn more about it.

From the beginning the real evil element was identified as the struggle between the Resistance and the Royals. The Royals want the world to revert back to a system of autocratic rule of the upper classes. They strive to rid the globe of democratic governance in the developed world. Their enemies in the form of the Resistance, are fighting to keep that from happening, because that would bring wesen back under the oppression of the privileged few.

It's something like Sherlock Holmes solving all manner of local crimes (Nick and the WoW), but simultaneously working to prevent Dr. Moriarty from achieving his evil plans of world domination. That was a poor example because Nick has been unaware of the larger picture until fairly recently; but Sean Renard spoke about it from the get-go because he was determined to not let the Royals succeed.

The entire point of the keys being fought over is that they are believed to contain the map to where the magical object, which lends enormous power to its holder, is hidden. The original seven Crusade Grimms must have seen it as an evil for the world since they tried to prevent it from getting into the hands of the Royals. I think it's a form of energy.

In my view, we're at about the half-way point of the overall story arc and on the way to home plate. If the show succeeds in holding on to its viewership it should be a fascinating read. If the ratings slip seriously enough to prevent that, as many predict, I still feel they will treat the main story arc in finishing the series.

How this uprising connects to the abovementioned scenario is puzzling me in that I can't decide how the Royals are involved, but I think they are.

RE: Grimm show 1 versus grimm show 2 - jsgrimm45 - 02-01-2016

(02-01-2016, 09:59 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: @jsgrimm45. That would have been me that questioned the Royal's being behind BC. It just isn't their MO. Throughout the entire series run we see the Royal's working quietly behind the scenes.

Considering the way they operate and their ultimate goal, I just can't see them using a bunch of off-the-hook, homicidal, meglomaniacs as front men. WAY TOO MUCH ATTENTION! Confused Yes, of course the werrat are some pretty nasty customers, but they are also agents who take orders. BC is completely out of control.

Not to mention that the BC revolt would almost certainly reveal everything about wesen and the Royal's to the entire world. The last thing the Royal's would want! Dodgy
Well will likely disagree on the royals being behind BC. You could well be right but what Ian said in season 1 and what DeGroot said as he was giving the council the areas or BC were alike. The meglomaniacs will be killed off that is the plan and at the same time HW will be at it's limits. What the keys hide could change both these thing.

In show 1 the keys were a big deal they even gave Nick a second key. Now in show 2 the keys are back in play. So show 2 with the wesen uprising the keys must play some role in the end game.

We can note that in 5x7 Nick was somewhat the harder Nick we been hearing about look at the scene with Eve old Nick would have been trying change her new Nick was all accusatory of her. There was no soft words.

When Trubel teaches Nick the HW rules that will be when we see the harder Nick getting into Show 2.

Now back to thinking.

RE: Grimm show 1 versus grimm show 2 - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 02-01-2016

(02-01-2016, 10:38 AM)New Guy Wrote: Greetings Adriano, JS and WF,
First, thank you Adriano for this thread. The parallels are logical.
The switcheroo of Adalind and Juliette (aka Eve) is obvious, but making the switch and just recycling the first four seasons would bore the viewers away. The writers knew better, but just cranking up the volume (replace the Wesen of the week with the BC mob and Hexenalind with Hexenette (aka Eve) and giving her mob size kill power) may also fail to hold viewer interest.
Ok so Sheikh of Shallow will give the same old broken record line about Juliette, they "need to bury her one way or another." Oh, sorry, that's Nick's line. The lipstick on the pig (wigs, new name,..) didn't work.
The next scene is in the restaurant:
Quote: N: I thought you were dead. Oh, Juliette.
J: My name isn't Juliette.
N: What am I supposed to call you?
J: They call me Eve.
N: Why Eve?
J: Because I'm starting over.
N: Do you really think it's that easy?
J: It wasn't easy.
N: You want to know what isn't easy? Knowing that you set me up And that you set up my mother.
What, are you gonna pretend like you don't remember?
J: I remember everything.
N: I would have killed you.
J: Well, the night is young.
N: What did they do to you?
J: What they had to.
Yes, I still watch the show, but (buzzzz -2 cent but fine) like Nick I don't buy this Eve thing.
I wonder if the writers are setting up the plot to end Grimm at five seasons. I also wonder if 4.22 was set up for two endings; the one they used and the contingent for Grimm not renewed for season 5. The contingency plot had Juliette deflect the arrows (like she did in the fight with Adalind) and proceeded to rip out Nick's throat and kill (like DEAD) him (like she dreamed of doing to Rosalee). End of Nick. End of Grimm. Friday returns to Movie Night.
Regardless, this should be an interesting thread.
New Guy

HI New Guy...

You know I didn't like all this reboot they did in the show... I agree with you in many things like this trash Eve plot. But... As the writers followed this path... At least we can try to guess where they are going to. Can't we?

RE: Grimm show 1 versus grimm show 2 - New Guy - 02-01-2016

Hi Adriano,
You asked:
Quote:At least we can try to guess where they are going to. Can't we?
Yes we can. I will guess Nick and Monroe go to the Black Forest. I guess they want to find the magical seven key treasure. Will they find it or just buy a couple of Cuckoo Clocks. They are on sale:
http://www.wayfair.com/Black-Forest-Teeter-Totter-Chalet-Wall-Clock-110K-L1563-K~BKF1001.html?refid=GX82017610500-BKF1001&device=c&ptid=141428243356&gclid=CNHFvteg18oCFYcjgQodd84Fyw
New Guy

RE: Grimm show 1 versus grimm show 2 - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 02-01-2016

(02-01-2016, 10:39 AM)speakeasy Wrote: To me there is only Grimm 1. Like a book that chapter follows chapter, we are about half way through. Naturally, we now have much more information about the story. It's become less straightforward and more nuanced as we learn more about it.

From the beginning the real evil element was identified as the struggle between the Resistance and the Royals. The Royals want the world to revert back to a system of autocratic rule of the upper classes. They strive to rid the globe of democratic governance in the developed world. Their enemies in the form of the Resistance, are fighting to keep that from happening, because that would bring wesen back under the oppression of the privileged few.

It's something like Sherlock Holmes solving all manner of local crimes (Nick and the WoW), but simultaneously working to prevent Dr. Moriarty from achieving his evil plans of world domination. That was a poor example because Nick has been unaware of the larger picture until fairly recently; but Sean Renard spoke about it from the get-go because he was determined to not let the Royals succeed.

The entire point of the keys being fought over is that they are believed to contain the map to where the magical object, which lends enormous power to its holder, is hidden. The original seven Crusade Grimms must have seen it as an evil for the world since they tried to prevent it from getting into the hands of the Royals. I think it's a form of energy.

In my view, we're at about the half-way point of the overall story arc and on the way to home plate. If the show succeeds in holding on to its viewership it should be a fascinating read. If the ratings slip seriously enough to prevent that, as many predict, I still feel they will treat the main story arc in finishing the series.

How this uprising connects to the abovementioned scenario is puzzling me in that I can't decide how the Royals are involved, but I think they are.

HI speakeasy... Thanks for your contribution...

Actually the idea of two shows is not mine... Well.. It is.. But I got this from the show runners words... They Really the ones who had sad the show was going to a reboot in season 5. Based on that and on other signs (Juliette becoming Eve... Council killed... Royals killed... Many elements disappeared...) I created the concept of two shows.