Grimm Forum
OK what is it we don't know about Grimm's - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: OK what is it we don't know about Grimm's (/Thread-OK-what-is-it-we-don-t-know-about-Grimm-s)

Pages: 1 2 3

OK what is it we don't know about Grimm's - jsgrimm45 - 01-18-2016

We see that most wesen when they see a Grimm show fear why? Some wesen like Eisbiber look to be group together but not a very dangerous group, but even they outnumber Nick so they would have numbers alone. Geier also appear to run in groups and unlike Eisbiber's they are dangerous and look to outnumber Grimm's. Now the Bauerschwein cop said to Nick we have never been enemies so maybe we could take them off the list of fear. Blutbad by Monroe's own statement don't run together. They is the hint that Mellifer's help Grimm's so their are some wesen that in the pasted have help Grimm's.

Take your pick of wesen but now ask why do most fear A GRIMM? Grimm's are outnumbered by the all the different wesen groups. As far as we know Nick for the most part has been alone in Portland, being a police officer may give him some protection but not enough just taking the Geier's alone why didn't another group come after him?

IF the Mellifers have help Grimm's than why is it a surprise that Monroe helps Nick and the other wesen didn't go after the Mellifers? Mellifers may so bad a$# that other wesen fear them we do know that Hexenbiest fear them. Maybe that also is a question.

So the thread is why are Grimm's so feared when they are so outnumbered? Is there something we haven't seen yet when it comes to Grimm's because Nick to this point has only acted for the most part one on one.

Looking at Trubel's injuries she was into a fight with more than one they hurt her but didn't take her out why? Even the little insight we have of BC looks like the fear Grimm's again when the clearly have Grimm's outnumbered.

I have the question and I have been trying to see if the writers have slipped in some small story I missed. I can't think of one so thought the forum with all the other eyes and ears may have seen something a hint of something I missed.

RE: OK what is it we don't know about Grimm's - syscrash - 01-18-2016

Consider Kelly, in most of the situations Nick was in, Kelly would have beat them up for information and then removed their head. That is what Grimm's do. That is what Trubel said the BC sent her to do. This is why Wesen are scared of Grimm's on sight. Wesen do not survive long enough to provide any other perspective on Grimms. The idea Nick want to take the time and have a conversation is un-heard of. Even Trubel under Nick tutelage always relies to violence first. If you and your friends ran into Kelly wouldn't you be afraid.

Your question is wouldn't wesen numbers simply over power a Grimm? From episode one that logic has never been a part of the show. The same way they marginalize the effect of having a gun. The way they make it seem being able to bite is more effective then a .45. Anyone with half a brain knows that logic is crap. But we buy into it because it is needed to make the show work. In real life technology makes being a wesen no longer an advantage. Even needing the Ogar gun is ridiculous. In the days of black power yes. But don't you think hollow points would get the job done. If not that a 50 cal slug would surly stop one.

So a discussion based on using current knowledge to make sense of the show can not be answered. We are expected to believe modern tech does not exist, or available. Not sure which. They take on a group of wesen and not one automatic weapon is used. There is a threat a snipper on the roof never seems to be an option.

RE: OK what is it we don't know about Grimm's - eric - 01-18-2016

Grimms are the essential boggy men of the Wessen world. Scary, scary, scary. Quick to kill any wessen they see, lifetimes of fear is on their side. In Leave it to Beavers, the conversation was "Kill a Grimm? Can that even be done?" Even tho they outnumber Nick, they subcontracted the job out to the Reapers, and Nick becomes infamous in Europe for sending two heads home in a box--Next time, send your best. Kelly was impressed when she found out Nick did it. Some people are afraid of clowns, snakes, roaches, rats-- none of those have children's books(Monroe) or bed time stories(Rosalee) about children being beheaded by them. Truble was a preteen when she saw her first adult wessen, and "he got up real fast". If you were wesen, do you think you could overcome a lifetime of fear? I'd probably drop a load and run as fast as I could.

RE: OK what is it we don't know about Grimm's - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 01-18-2016

Syscrash hited the target writing about technology. Think about Kelly's death.... Kenneth put 10 (?) wesen in a room to kill her. Wasn't that easy for him to put a sniper in the other side of the street and simply hit her in the head when she was walking up the stairs?

Unless the writers want us to believe that Grimms are almost immortal like Highlanders... The only way to kill them is cutting off their heads... And natural causes.... But that was never said in the show... Directly...

The other point is the outnumber wesen x grimm. I think the point is that Grimms are the only non wesen that can fight a wesen. Considering normal wesen (all call them civilian wesen) they know that if they get 100 friends to fight a Grimm they will end up kill the Grimm.. But the Grimm will kill 20 of them before he dies... The question : do you want to be one of the 20? That is why many times a small group or even only one guy controls a larger group.

To complete this post, the reapers are wesen killers specialized in kill grimm... They are like military here (as I called normal wesen as civilians). Nick killed two of them... At the same time... Again.. Would you risk be one of the 20 killed by the Grimm?

RE: OK what is it we don't know about Grimm's - jsgrimm45 - 01-18-2016

(01-18-2016, 03:48 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: Syscrash hited the target writing about technology. Think about Kelly's death.... Kenneth put 10 (?) wesen in a room to kill her. Wasn't that easy for him to put a sniper in the other side of the street and simply hit her in the head when she was walking up the stairs?

Unless the writers want us to believe that Grimms are almost immortal like Highlanders... The only way to kill them is cutting off their heads... And natural causes.... But that was never said in the show... Directly...

The other point is the outnumber wesen x grimm. I think the point is that Grimms are the only non wesen that can fight a wesen. Considering normal wesen (all call them civilian wesen) they know that if they get 100 friends to fight a Grimm they will end up kill the Grimm.. But the Grimm will kill 20 of them before he dies... The question : do you want to be one of the 20? That is why many times a small group or even only one guy controls a larger group.

To complete this post, the reapers are wesen killers specialized in kill grimm... They are like military here (as I called normal wesen as civilians). Nick killed two of them... At the same time... Again.. Would you risk be one of the 20 killed by the Grimm?
Your post as well as @syscrash and @eric are on point. We know that at times groups of Grimm's have formed and it wasn't a pretty sight. Question have they been more Grimm's in the pasted so the fear is numbers of Grimms so just because they see one Grimm they think 10 Grimms? As @syscracsh says we are to take the idea that weapons somehow are not a factor, which is correct like your idea of a rifle for Kelly. Now I can kind of see it in wesen when the woge the animal part is strong so fighting like their animal would be plausible is that the Grimm's edge they do use weapons?

RE: OK what is it we don't know about Grimm's - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 01-18-2016

(01-18-2016, 05:35 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(01-18-2016, 03:48 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: Syscrash hited the target writing about technology. Think about Kelly's death.... Kenneth put 10 (?) wesen in a room to kill her. Wasn't that easy for him to put a sniper in the other side of the street and simply hit her in the head when she was walking up the stairs?

Your post as well as @syscrash and @eric are on point. We know that at times groups of Grimm's have formed and it wasn't a pretty sight. Question have they been more Grimm's in the pasted so the fear is numbers of Grimms so just because they see one Grimm they think 10 Grimms? As @syscracsh says we are to take the idea that weapons somehow are not a factor, which is correct like your idea of a rifle for Kelly. Now I can kind of see it in wesen when the woge the animal part is strong so fighting like their animal would be plausible is that the Grimm's edge they do use weapons?

About having more Grimms in the past and less nowadays...
First many of them may work hided like Kelly did and like Trubel is doing now.

It would be interesting if suddenly we find out another police guy like wu was a hided grimm.

Another point... What if nowadays Josh dad is the rule about grimm?

I mean. He was found because of the key but if he had none...

RE: OK what is it we don't know about Grimm's - crossbar - 01-18-2016

The one thing that I got disappointed about is that we know Grimm's are badasses and are feared. I LOVED the trailer and all the weapons that was in it. So, he had battleaxes, swords, maces, Flails, lances, daggers , rapiers, warhammers...etc. And we're lead to believe that Grimm's are experts in all those weapons...

And Nick just uses...a 9mm pistol. Rarely does he use anything else.

RE: OK what is it we don't know about Grimm's - izzy - 01-18-2016

(01-18-2016, 07:43 PM)crossbar Wrote: The one thing that I got disappointed about is that we know Grimm's are badasses and are feared. I LOVED the trailer and all the weapons that was in it. So, he had battleaxes, swords, maces, Flails, lances, daggers , rapiers, warhammers...etc. And we're lead to believe that Grimm's are experts in all those weapons...

I was under he impression that those weapons were the relics of specially designed weapons used to engage various wesen. In other words the proper tool for a specific job. They probably also would reflect the personal choice of a given Grimm ancestor.

I miss the trailer...as implausible and Tardis-ike as it may have been....

RE: OK what is it we don't know about Grimm's - crossbar - 01-20-2016

(01-18-2016, 08:20 PM)izzy Wrote:
(01-18-2016, 07:43 PM)crossbar Wrote: The one thing that I got disappointed about is that we know Grimm's are badasses and are feared. I LOVED the trailer and all the weapons that was in it. So, he had battleaxes, swords, maces, Flails, lances, daggers , rapiers, warhammers...etc. And we're lead to believe that Grimm's are experts in all those weapons...

I was under he impression that those weapons were the relics of specially designed weapons used to engage various wesen. In other words the proper tool for a specific job. They probably also would reflect the personal choice of a given Grimm ancestor.

I agree! Each weapon was probably designed for different wesen. I can't remember the episode but I think it was in the first season. Monroe and Nick discovered that a 9mm wasn't going to work to put down this wesen. So, they had to go to the trailer and get an elephant gun that was strong enough to take it down.

RE: OK what is it we don't know about Grimm's - jsgrimm45 - 01-20-2016

(01-20-2016, 02:01 PM)crossbar Wrote:
(01-18-2016, 08:20 PM)izzy Wrote:

I agree! Each weapon was probably designed for different wesen. I can't remember the episode but I think it was in the first season. Monroe and Nick discovered that a 9mm wasn't going to work to put down this wesen. So, they had to go to the trailer and get an elephant gun that was strong enough to take it down.
We have others the Wild Hunt when even the guns didn't work on their hair cloaks, but a hair cut would work. The fight with Gelumcaedus Nick arm brace was the best weapon. Just thinking so weapons are the Grimm's edge.