Grimm Forum
Rate the actors and actresses of Grimm - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Rate the actors and actresses of Grimm (/Thread-Rate-the-actors-and-actresses-of-Grimm)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Rate the actors and actresses of Grimm - irukandji - 10-25-2020

(10-25-2020, 02:37 PM)N_grimm Wrote:
(10-25-2020, 12:30 PM)irukandji Wrote: Then, in four-five months, maybe not even that much, all of the sudden Adalind tells Nick she loves him and takes her shirt off to prove she’s willing to sleep with him. Instead of reciprocating, he simply plays the part of male pig and takes what’s offered. I don’t like Nick, so what he does is just par for the course. Adalind, on the other hand, is in a complicated situation that she initiated. She has supposedly changed. Unfortunately, in my opinion, Claire’s acting just didn’t stand up to that change.
Funny, when Nick sleeps with a woman who loves him, the mother of his child, and starts a 20 years+ relationship with her, he is a “male pig ”. When Renard sleeps with a woman on the verge of mental breakdown (Juliette), who has previously said she is not interested in him, he does not get the tag “male pig ”. Instead, you have described him as “so charming”.

Are you referring to the post where I called him a charming father for the way he interacted with Diana?

Oh, and don't forget the Adalind who is/is not with Nick 20 years later is not the same one who died that night long ago. It's an alternate universe. You said it, not me.

RE: Rate the actors and actresses of Grimm - rpmaluki - 10-25-2020

Why is Nick a male pig for sleeping with Adalind, when they were both single and catching feelings for living so close together? Nick not saying the words so soon despite what he was clearly starting to feel somehow makes him a male pig, I don't get your reasoning. Monroe asked him if he loved her and instead of denying it outright, which he could have, he expressed confusion that probably stemmed from the fact that he was having deep feelings for Adalind but he had to work through what that meant with their volatile history.

Writers aren't beholden to keep Adalind a villain right through their story. They didn't with Renard and they didn't keep Juliette a good character all the way through either. I cannot speak on their choices for shifting Adalind's narrative but I could understand why they did it. Having Diana shifted Adalind's focus/goal from wanting to hurt others to just living her life with her child. Maybe she could have succeeded had Diana not been taken away from her. Her resurging detour back into villain lasted as long as her second pregnancy. And this time, Adalind made her change in motivation and goals stick with a little help. So the writers, much like Renard, had long shown Adalind's ability to walk a straight path, it just took them two years to process it and stick with it during the final season.

Adalind's story fits a trope long since used before her and will probably be used long after her. A villain that becomes so popular that writers choose to redeem through different. means. It works for some and not for others. It is what it is.

RE: Rate the actors and actresses of Grimm - irukandji - 10-25-2020

(10-25-2020, 07:42 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: Why is Nick a male pig for sleeping with Adalind, when they were both single and catching feelings for living so close together? Nick not saying the words so soon despite what he was clearly starting to feel somehow makes him a male pig, I don't get your reasoning. Monroe asked him if he loved her and instead of denying it outright, which he could have, he expressed confusion that probably stemmed from the fact that he was having deep feelings for Adalind but he had to work through what that meant with their volatile history.

You're stating then that Nick was bewildered or not understanding what Adalind was saying to him? That being the case, why then would he take advantage of her? Why not just tell her he's confounded by what she says and then resist the urge to have sex with her?

RE: Rate the actors and actresses of Grimm - rpmaluki - 10-26-2020

He definitely knew/understood what was going down between them. They both knew there was something growing between the two of them since the day they kissed several days/weeks/before. The dialogue between them alluded to this change in their relationship and needing to be cautious about it. Adalind's confession is premature at this stage, we know she did it because she was afraid he might not come back from his trip to Germany and she wanted him to know exactly what she felt. Them sleeping together was inevitable since things appeared to be headed that way before Germany was a thing so no one was taking advantage of any one (I'd say that role belongs squarely to Renard).

My post was trying to explain the possible reason Nick didn't reciprocate her ILY, it was too soon and he needed to sort out everything he felt for Adalind since they had spent so much time as enemies, cue the morning after flashback and even then it didn't stop him cuddling with her afterwards. When Monroe, his best friend with whom he shared everything with asked him oint blank, that was a great opportunity to say no, but he did not. Confusion is probably not the right word for what I wanted to say, caution may be what I was aiming for. Outside of that relationship (and maybe Rosalee), Nick wasn't a great talker, he mostly kept things to himself until he absolutely had to. He did this for six whole seasons with his Grimm secret. I'm not surprised he'd be cautious with something so serious when it involves the Adalind. From the way it looked, it was easy for Adalind to fall for Nick, he'd shown her extreme kindness after everything they had been through, Nick just took the scenic route but he still got there in the end.

And another thing with Nick not being a big talker, his actions did the talking for him anyway, like after he found out her hexenbiest had returned. He stewed in his feelings for no longer than an episode before things between them returned to their new normal of being intimate with one another. Adalind wasn't even aware he knew the truth until she confessed it. After she left for the mansion under BC, he went all Grimm against Renard and several wesen to try and get her back. Another thing to remember, the time between Adalind leaving the loft and the first episode of S6 is very short. It could be a week or two for all we know, but Eve the "super" hexenbiest sensed Nick's love for Adalind All I can say is that there's nothing one sided about this. A rushed ILY and a delayed reciprocal didn't mean feelings between the both of them weren't actually there building up to something concrete.

RE: Rate the actors and actresses of Grimm - irukandji - 10-26-2020

Well, I think that's a nice way of looking at it. I don't think he was confused, however. 

I got the impression Nick did it to see if it was different this time around. So from Nick's POV, it was all about the sex.

I corrected my statement regarding his "confusion", I meant to say he was cautious about the relationship, hesitant, if you didn't understand my last post.

Regarding your last statement re: Nick and sex - Maybe that could have been the case but I doubt even that when things cooled off between them after his trip to Germany and Adalind became busy with work. It was a long time before Rosalee revealed Adalind's secret, if sex was all he cared for, I'm sure he would have made his wishes/desires very clear to Adalind. Moreover, the only other time they have sex in S5, she initiated it, and even more interesting, he knew she was a full on hexenbiest (and not just any hexenbiest, but Adalind, the woman who was a thorn in his side for years), how long he knew this is made in unclear but it's enough for him to forgo any so hesitation on his end, so it was clearly ebbing away as he began to embrace his life with Adalind a sure part of it, not just the mother of his son. The next time we see them, they had an honest conversation about her abilities and he reiterated that he would never hurt her. Soon after that she left the loft leaving him feeling bereft he had to get her back, not just his son alone and he did, making a specific requested on the rooftop with Renard. It was more than just sex.

Thanks for the clarification. 

It's very likely that Nick didn't believe Adalind when she told him she loved him. His conversation with Monroe, while very weird, does seem to reflect that. He never admits to Monroe that she said as much to him and when asked if he loves Adalind, he states he doesn't know. The only thing both men agree on is that she has changed, although Monroe seems much more cautious when he stated he "hopes she stays that way".

I know I didn't believe her. It seemed to me to be too much too soon and I didn't sense any real conviction within her.

Nick was a man of few words, more so after the death of his mother., lots of action but very little words. He kept his feeling tightened up in himself, like I said, leaving everything he said pretty much late.

There's nothing more to add since we stated our peace and I don't agree with you, so we can leave it at that.

Regarding Nick and feelings: I tend to agree with Izzy on this subject. He's an eternal adolescent and his shallow feelings reflect him as such. There's no maturity to the character, even though he's into his 30s by the time the series ends. If he's really going to tell Monroe about sleeping with Adalind, instead of giving the Nick Burkhardt version of sex with Adalind as Juliette versus sex with Juliette as Adalind, versus sex with the mother of his child, I would have liked to have seen him actually act like an adult and tell Monroe what it is about Adalind that made him decide to sleep with her. Obviously it wasn't her "I love you" because he doesn't even mention that. He talks about the sex being different and that she's really changed but we never learn what the change is and more importantly, how it affects him. Even if it's something that has to do with her past, at least it's something, and we get an insight into more than just the sex with her. He yells at least twice about wanting Adalind back, but again, it's the same thing. His character never elaborates on what it is about Adalind that makes him want her. Rather than hearing others' opinions, I would have preferred to hear it from the horse's mouth, so to speak. My dislike for him might have abated, a little.

Since the topic is about the actors, I will say something here about David G. In my opinion, he was never able to pull off the charismatic, whole lone wolf of a Grimm character. He would have been better to simply be what I always thought him to be........the nice guy next door who suddenly becomes a Grimm and has to all of the sudden deal with it, and the former enemy he now lives with.

My sole intent was to stick to this topic of the thread, which was to discuss Claire Coffee and her interpretation of the character of Adalind. As I said, I found her completely believable as the villainess, because I believe Claire worked very hard on the part. It showed. As a villain, she had heart and conviction. She reveals her likes and dislikes. I could even sympathize with her when she lost Diana. I got to know her.

But the change of heart downshift? No. Part of the fault on this is the script. After all, the character can't get much traction if the two male leads are having a teenaged conversation based on the Grimm going to bed with her. Neither one says anything that's gives insight into their perspective on the character other than she's changed and the hope is that she remains so. From Adalind's point of view, what is it about Nick that she loves? Does she even know? I had often thought, that with Nick often failing to explain things, his generic remarks, his rushing off with Eve, as well as Adalind's lackluster attitude and little credibility, it all might be signaling some type of a sudden change, had the series gone into season 7.

But, it did not, and so season five and for that matter season 6 became a mish mash when it came to Nick and Adalind. I understand a baby can take more priority so that is that.

In any case, long explanations aren't going to change either of us. I don't agree with you either and I am fine with the debate ending.

RE: Rate the actors and actresses of Grimm - N_grimm - 10-31-2020

(10-25-2020, 06:55 PM)irukandji Wrote: Oh, and don't forget the Adalind who is/is not with Nick 20 years later is not the same one who died that night long ago. It's an alternate universe. You said it, not me.
 I did not – as I have explained to you MANY times. Please do not use my posts as support for some crazy anti-Nick/Adalind-conspiracy theory.