Grimm Forum
Rate the actors and actresses of Grimm - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Rate the actors and actresses of Grimm (/Thread-Rate-the-actors-and-actresses-of-Grimm)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Rate the actors and actresses of Grimm - eric - 12-21-2016

(12-21-2016, 09:50 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-21-2016, 09:39 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: I don't get people who are so caught on TV shows that they'd hate an actor so fervently. It doesn't make any sense to me. If I don't like something, I simply walk away from it, I don't stick around stewing in my hatred when that won't change anything.

Right. This is exactly what I did with Gotham. I didn't hate it, but I didn't really like it either. After a season, it never made an impact on me. I felt the same way after watching it than before I ever started watching it.
Ditto.

RE: Rate the actors and actresses of Grimm - irukandji - 12-21-2016

(12-21-2016, 04:28 PM)eric Wrote:
(12-21-2016, 09:39 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: I don't get people who are so caught on TV shows that they'd hate an actor so fervently. It doesn't make any sense to me. If I don't like something, I simply walk away from it, I don't stick around stewing in my hatred when that won't change anything.

Right. This is exactly what I did with Gotham. I didn't hate it, but I didn't really like it either. After a season, it never made an impact on me. I felt the same way after watching it than before I ever started watching it.
Ditto.

Lol, I'm glad to read a similar review of Gotham. Everyone I've talked to about it just loves it. It's weird, I loved the old Batman series with Adam West, but I don't have that opinion of the movies. They're okay, but I won't go out of my way to watch them again.

RE: Rate the actors and actresses of Grimm - jsgrimm45 - 12-22-2016

(12-21-2016, 08:23 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-21-2016, 04:28 PM)eric Wrote:

Ditto.

Lol, I'm glad to read a similar review of Gotham. Everyone I've talked to about it just loves it. It's weird, I loved the old Batman series with Adam West, but I don't have that opinion of the movies. They're okay, but I won't go out of my way to watch them again.
Ditto one thing I would add if sereis doesn't make sense by the maybe the 3 episode I'm out. Now when it comes to bad movies I will normally watch the complete movie only because I don't want someone later telling me you left at the wrong point, because I know better.

RE: Rate the actors and actresses of Grimm - MANTItotheCore - 04-13-2017

(11-26-2016, 09:06 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Not to rate the acting powers of the character just a general statement on acting. My son in law uncle was (has past now) was Brian Smiar. You may have seen him in some movies and tv, but his main work was on Broadway. He said he was just and actor and knew he would never be the star, but actors alway had work and stars didn't.

Harry Morgan worked with just about every major star of the 40's, 50's, and 60"s he went back and forth from the movies to tv with ease. He said almost the same thing.

So this now give us something to think about as for the characters Grimm what do they want? Stars make the big money but most of the time have a short star power draw. Now some will point out John Wayne and others in that time frame which now we ask is this normal or the abnormal? The character actor has work about anytime they want, never make the big bucks but are not wanting for the starring role.

Now each of the Grimm character will have to make that same choice.

I once seen an interview with Jack Elam he said and actor has 3 phases in acting, One get me that Guy, Two get me Jack Elam, and Three get me someone like Jack Elam. I thought Jack Elam was one of the most underrated actor on screen. This whole post is just IMO.
I loved Jack Elam in "Support your Local Sheriff." Again, James Garner does a great job!

RE: Rate the actors and actresses of Grimm - Purple Grimm - 04-18-2017

Bree Turner (Rosalee) was absolutely the most comfortable with her character, and she was the easiest to watch performing her role.

I loved the whole cast, but Elizabeth Tulloch (Juliette/Eve) was awkward -- her range of character was the most diverse, and it was a lot of ground for her to cover. Probably would've been tough on any actor.

RE: Rate the actors and actresses of Grimm - irukandji - 10-07-2020

Claire Coffee. She has had a range of opportunities on the show and has come across as a moderately good actress. It appears she loves her craft. She has displayed comedic ability. And based on her performance, while I can never see her as a serious dramatic actress on the big screen, I could see her as a co-star or supporting character in the comedy genre. She has exceptional comedic timing, is pretty, and really a total package. I can see her easily landing other roles in TV series, in particular soap operas or situation comedies. Or as I said maybe venturing to the big screen in a comedic role. Time will tell.

Updated 09-08-2016
Season 5 gave us far more screen time with Claire. While many may not have liked the changes in her character the script has nothing to do with the actress ability. Claire got to show a different side, demeanor and personality and demonstrated she can play a range of characters. She makes a very believable love interest unlike Bitsie Tulloch and has great dramatic impact. Her comedic sense was also showcased with impeccable timing.

She was able to convince me she was a villain. I thought she did a fantastic job in that department. And I'll agree with you that she has great comedic timing.

But as a reformed witch who regrets the error of her ways and suddenly shows everyone that she is good from within the heart.....just no. She's just not convincing enough. It's so easy to see her march right back to evil without missing a beat. I'm not sure if that was just crappy writing, or if Claire's baby took most of her time, or if she just doesn't have the acting chops to attempt what appears to be a difficult range for her.

RE: Rate the actors and actresses of Grimm - N_grimm - 10-21-2020

(10-07-2020, 10:08 AM)irukandji Wrote: She was able to convince me she was a villain. I thought she did a fantastic job in that department. And I'll agree with you that she has great comedic timing.

But as a reformed witch who regrets the error of her ways and suddenly shows everyone that she is good from within the heart.....just no. She's just not convincing enough. It's so easy to see her march right back to evil without missing a beat. I'm not sure if that was just crappy writing, or if Claire's baby took most of her time, or if she just doesn't have the acting chops to attempt what appears to be a difficult range for her.
Claire Coffee come across as a good actress. What would have been unconvincing was Adalind marching “right back to evil” – because it would have contradicted everything. The viewers knew Adalind’s motives when being a villainess. She had learned the hard way that she could trust Nick but not Renard. Her change was even tested when BC tried to lure her back to the dark side. Claire’s acting during these episodes also demonstrated her range of skills.

RE: Rate the actors and actresses of Grimm - irukandji - 10-21-2020

N_Grimm wrote:
Claire Coffee come across as a good actress. What would have been unconvincing was Adalind marching “right back to evil” – because it would have contradicted everything. The viewers knew Adalind’s motives when being a villainess. She had learned the hard way that she could trust Nick but not Renard. Her change was even tested when BC tried to lure her back to the dark side. Claire’s acting during these episodes also demonstrated her range of skills.

Whether or not she trusted Nick or Renard has nothing to do with Claire's range of skills. The ability to transition from evil to good should come from within and be a personal choice for Adalind. The character should believe that she is capable to making such a personal journey. I'm saying that Claire's acting was unconvincing in that department. It could have been the script, or the fact that her baby was the priority. What I had read was that she was allowed to care for the infant while she was working.

RE: Rate the actors and actresses of Grimm - N_grimm - 10-22-2020

(10-21-2020, 03:42 PM)irukandji Wrote: The character should believe that she is capable to making such a personal journey. I'm saying that Claire's acting was unconvincing in that department.
You forgot to add two important words: unconvincing “to me” (i.e. to you). Many others, including myself, found her acting in that department very convincing.

RE: Rate the actors and actresses of Grimm - irukandji - 10-22-2020

(10-22-2020, 01:32 PM)N_grimm Wrote:
(10-21-2020, 03:42 PM)irukandji Wrote: The character should believe that she is capable to making such a personal journey. I'm saying that Claire's acting was unconvincing in that department.
You forgot to add two important words: unconvincing “to me” (i.e. to you). Many others, including myself, found her acting in that department very convincing.

You apparently did not read my post that well:  I'm saying that Claire's acting was unconvincing in that department.

Also, I would recommend you take some of the advice you give out so freely: 

Many others, including myself, found her acting in that department very convincing.

You can only speak for yourself, and not for MANY OTHERS.