Grimm Forum
Rate the actors and actresses of Grimm - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Rate the actors and actresses of Grimm (/Thread-Rate-the-actors-and-actresses-of-Grimm)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Rate the actors and actresses of Grimm - syscrash - 12-20-2016

Of all the characters on Grimm Bitsie has played more different versions of her character then anyone else. People make all kind of comment from assuming the show is compensating to nepotism being the reason for the parts Bitsie plays. This just shows the ignorance of the people making these comments. They have no idea what it takes to be an actor. Every one of the actors on the show is able to make every version of their characters believable. People believe the characters so well that they sight their actions to support their arguments. Bad acting is actions not matching dialog or the lack of consistency from scene to scene.

RE: Rate the actors and actresses of Grimm - rpmaluki - 12-21-2016

(12-20-2016, 04:12 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-20-2016, 03:20 PM)Renardfan99 Wrote:
(11-30-2016, 04:35 AM)degrimm Wrote: [quote='Renardfan99' pid='36674' dateline='1480298240']
BT is the worse, that's all!

Really, u're just going on blind faith here.
Out of all the cast, she was the only one given 2 roles. That's evidence of faith in her abilities; if u've ever been to a film industry, u would know that people rarely get 2 roles unless they believe in ur abilities and have previous great record acting.

That's because she was so bad with the first role and was romantically involved with the lead actor on the show. Otherwise, BT would have been sent packing!

I've heard of firings because of difficulty to get along with, firings because of assault, firings because of addiction, and firings because of belligerence. Who actually determines if an actress should be fired because of poor acting ability?

*IF* there is such a person on Grimm, they're a real dork because they wait 5 years to make the determination that Bitsie is not only a terrible actress, but that the Lawrence Olivier of Grimm, David, really has the clout to keep her on because he's her squeeze? (laughs). Just too funny.
I think as viewers we're more subjective over who we consider good or bad. I have to believe showrunners know when an actor is subpar for what they have in mind and they probably do hear the fan chatter, not to say that that make decisions based on fan views (all of the time)but there has to be a way for them to determine if an actor isn't up to scratch. I don't think they had a problem with Bitsie herself but I do think they were aware of the extreme negative reception of the Nick and Juliette relationship year in and year out, that's why S5 (and the latter half of S4) is such a disconnect to the previous seasons.

And I don't think it's that easy to get rid of an actor unless there's external circumstances that push the envelope. Most of these shows tend to tie their main cast in long-term contracts at the beginning, so say the showrunners were unhappy with the actor, they may opt to run out the contract than find themselves in hot water due to an early dismissal that could cost them more money if the actor takes them to task. I don't know much about this business but I can't imagine reneging on a contract is financially sound practice.

RE: Rate the actors and actresses of Grimm - syscrash - 12-21-2016

Actually the negative comments do not represent a majority of the opinions of the viewers. Also the negatives comments do not even reflect the actual show. They reflect a biased view of what a few people think. If these views had any accuracy they would be reflected in the reviews in the articles that are posted.
The show never intended for the Nick and Juliette in the dark type of relation to exist for long. No show ever goes for long with the main characters in the dark.

RE: Rate the actors and actresses of Grimm - irukandji - 12-21-2016

(12-21-2016, 01:00 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: I don't think they had a problem with Bitsie herself but I do think they were aware of the extreme negative reception of the Nick and Juliette relationship year in and year out, that's why S5 (and the latter half of S4) is such a disconnect to the previous seasons.

I'm sure they knew of some fan reaction to Nick and Juliette. But that would not be a cause to fire the actress. Those folks behind the scenes would have to realize that the ones who are vocal about their dislike of Juliette are still going to tune in, week after week after week. That means ratings for the show. The people who really, really hate Bitsie's acting and feel she's single handedly pulling down the show are simply going to leave without watching another episode.

RE: Rate the actors and actresses of Grimm - rpmaluki - 12-21-2016

(12-21-2016, 06:25 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-21-2016, 01:00 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: I don't think they had a problem with Bitsie herself but I do think they were aware of the extreme negative reception of the Nick and Juliette relationship year in and year out, that's why S5 (and the latter half of S4) is such a disconnect to the previous seasons.

I'm sure they knew of some fan reaction to Nick and Juliette. But that would not be a cause to fire the actress. Those folks behind the scenes would have to realize that the ones who are vocal about their dislike of Juliette are still going to tune in, week after week after week. That means ratings for the show. The people who really, really hate Bitsie's acting and feel she's single handedly pulling down the show are simply going to leave without watching another episode.
exactly, why fire Bitsie over a small group of fans. There was no need to fire her for anything that however didn't mean they couldn't change direction.

I don't get people who are so caught on TV shows that they'd hate an actor so fervently. It doesn't make any sense to me. If I don't like something, I simply walk away from it, I don't stick around stewing in my hatred when that won't change anything.

(12-21-2016, 09:39 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: I don't get people who are so caught on TV shows that they'd hate an actor so fervently. It doesn't make any sense to me. If I don't like something, I simply walk away from it, I don't stick around stewing in my hatred when that won't change anything.

Right. This is exactly what I did with Gotham. I didn't hate it, but I didn't really like it either. After a season, it never made an impact on me. I felt the same way after watching it than before I ever started watching it.

I find it interesting how people make assumptions about how or why things happen on a show with out the slightest clue how the industry works. They base their assumptions on observations they make. Don't they realize the shows are meant to have viewers see what they want you to see. Don't they realize a shows intent is to get viewers by any means possible. People who complain, as long as they watch the writers job is done.

(12-21-2016, 09:54 AM)syscrash Wrote: I find it interesting how people make assumptions about how or why things happen on a show with out the slightest clue how the industry works. They base their assumptions on observations they make. Don't they realize the shows are meant to have viewers see what they want you to see. Don't they realize a shows intent is to get viewers by any means possible. People who complain, as long as they watch the writers job is done.

Of course they do. Bitsie's character is a prime example of this. Why wouldn't the creative team cash in on fan hatred? They'd be complete morons if they didn't.

RE: Rate the actors and actresses of Grimm - MarylikesGrimm - 12-21-2016

(12-21-2016, 09:54 AM)syscrash Wrote: I find it interesting how people make assumptions about how or why things happen on a show with out the slightest clue how the industry works. They base their assumptions on observations they make. Don't they realize the shows are meant to have viewers see what they want you to see. Don't they realize a shows intent is to get viewers by any means possible. People who complain, as long as they watch the writers job is done.

Are you saying that your own biases affect your interpretation of the characters? As long as you watch, the writers have done their job.

(12-21-2016, 09:54 AM)syscrash Wrote: I know people try an rationalize what they see. But by know isn't it clear this is not that kind of show. Why do you think it is impossible to understand the characters. The show is one set of contrived situations after another. No different then a situation comedy. Grimm is a situation drama. Yet people continuously try and find meaning and understand why the characters do what they do.

Why are so interested in finding meaning in what Adalind and Eve/Juliette do? Just wondering.

I don't interpret the characters. I create a logical path from point A to B. That is why I consider each action and the reaction that results. I then figure the next logical step based on the direction of the show.
I don't look for meaning. I look for the mechanical structure of the situation.
I point out inconsistencies to only to recgnize the things that don't fit.
The only way to create a why something happened is to identify the sequence of events.
I also engage in conceptual discussions.