Grimm Forum
Rate the actors and actresses of Grimm - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Rate the actors and actresses of Grimm (/Thread-Rate-the-actors-and-actresses-of-Grimm)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Rate the actors and actresses of Grimm - degrimm - 11-26-2016

(11-26-2016, 06:13 PM)izzy Wrote:
(11-26-2016, 03:53 PM)syscrash Wrote: What I find interesting is the comments that rate the actor based on what they think of the character. Not once has a comment stated they did not believe the character. It is either Juliette was useless or Eve is to wooden or robotic. I see those kind of complaints as a compliment to Bitsie abilities seeing as she is actually neither of those types.

LOL, yes I have said I do not believe the character - I never did. A large part of the reason I came up with the Juliette was slumming theory was her inability to portray a girlfriend who was actually in love.

I read your in quote assessment of actors and actresses and I laughed so hard I pissed on myself, showed it to 3 other people well u know how that turned out.
If u want to give assessment, the least u can do is be honest with yourself and say I hate the character.
It was like u wasted people's precious time reading and ultimately ur time writing.
Even if I don't like some character I'm @least smart to know they did a banging job making me not to like the character; that's how good a job they did-it doesn't mean I don't like them as a cast. Adalind played an antagonist or a loyal servant or a mother-however u want u put it. And that makes me dislike the character, not hate her which means that i am willing to watch another show of hers tomorrow.
I like & don't like sean renard character cos even though he's the smartest, more emotionally inclined and intelligent compared to other, he's a devious Bastard; it means I love to watch his movie again.
Juliette played as believable a nick gf character as u would ever think. Everything u expect from a gf she did (unless all the types of girls u met are stone cold then your bad luck or if u 're a girl then .......................)
She played a perfect eve of destruction cos she's scary and her voice resonates that fear. Talking about the cast in concussion, the film alone is terrible but the casts somehow made it good. I have watched other shows and my assessment is average like every other person in the grimm show. If u can't do something, don't go criticising other people u are doing better jobs.
So u gave a written article without facts, completely baseless and even the ones u want us to like, are biased, why should we believe it or let alone read it.

RE: Rate the actors and actresses of Grimm - Renardfan99 - 11-27-2016

BT is the worse, that's all!

RE: Rate the actors and actresses of Grimm - syscrash - 11-28-2016

What I don't understand about Eve is, why the lack of physical stunts. As Juliette Bitsie worked with a stunt double in the fight to protect her friend Alicia. See also did fight stunts in wesenrein and the fight with Nick. So we know Bitsie does physical stunts.
Prior to season 5 Bitse twitted how see was working out in preparation for the Eve role. So why not have her be physical.
The only thing I can think of is she moves different when she is in heels and when she is not. Take the factory, the restaurant, and the fome. Her movement where very stiff and deliberate. She was also stiff both times she walked out of the spice shop.
I am wondering if without heels she had trouble moving like Eve and that is why they did not have her doing stunts. Because she could not do them in heels.

RE: Rate the actors and actresses of Grimm - Kwu9888 - 11-28-2016

(11-28-2016, 12:15 AM)syscrash Wrote: What I don't understand about Eve is, why the lack of physical stunts. As Juliette Bitsie worked with a stunt double in the fight to protect her friend Alicia. See also did fight stunts in wesenrein and the fight with Nick. So we know Bitsie does physical stunts.
Prior to season 5 Bitse twitted how see was working out in preparation for the Eve role. So why not have her be physical.
The only thing I can think of is she moves different when she is in heels and when she is not. Take the factory, the restaurant, and the fome. Her movement where very stiff and deliberate. She was also stiff both times she walked out of the spice shop.
I am wondering if without heels she had trouble moving like Eve and that is why they did not have her doing stunts. Because she could not do them in heels.

Bitsie did say in many interviews that Eve was very robotic and calculated she didn't need to move quickly or attack anyone physically she could do it all with her mind. Bitsie said that is why it was very hard for her because she is very animated in real life especially when talking. Syscrash I have to say that even though you and I dont always agree I really love to read your posts more than pretty much anyone else they are always very insightful and make me think. Just wanted to say thanks for making me really stop and analyize this amazing show

RE: Rate the actors and actresses of Grimm - irukandji - 11-29-2016

I think this is probably my first post in this topic. I admit, I haven't given it much thought. It isn't as though Grimm is equivalent to a show like the Twilight Zone, where the viewer's intelligence is tested with each episode.

But in judging the actors' performances in Grimm, the best I can say for any of them is that they're fair to okay.

Izzy, you judged Sasha as the best actor among the cast. In your opinion, he displays a wide range of talents and abilities. I don't have a hard time believing he's a captain in the PPD, but does that make him the best among the cast? I was thinking about the part he plays and really, what range is there to it? I mean, he's a sometimes good guy, sometimes bad guy. I don't see a lot of depth to his character.

You mentioned something very interesting about how being a father opens up deeper feelings in men. Sasha's character became a father in the series. Yet he really did nothing with it. He was a bastard child and fathered a child who is a bastard. Yet we have no idea how he feels about that aspect of his life. Even if he went into complete denial or owned up that he wasn't cut out to be a father, that would be something at least.

RE: Rate the actors and actresses of Grimm - Hell Rell - 11-29-2016

(11-29-2016, 09:00 AM)irukandji Wrote: I think this is probably my first post in this topic. I admit, I haven't given it much thought. It isn't as though Grimm is equivalent to a show like the Twilight Zone, where the viewer's intelligence is tested with each episode.

But in judging the actors' performances in Grimm, the best I can say for any of them is that they're fair to okay.

Izzy, you judged Sasha as the best actor among the cast. In your opinion, he displays a wide range of talents and abilities. I don't have a hard time believing he's a captain in the PPD, but does that make him the best among the cast? I was thinking about the part he plays and really, what range is there to it? I mean, he's a sometimes good guy, sometimes bad guy. I don't see a lot of depth to his character.

You mentioned something very interesting about how being a father opens up deeper feelings in men. Sasha's character became a father in the series. Yet he really did nothing with it. Even if he went into complete denial or owned up that he wasn't cut out to be a father, that would be something at least.

I think Sasha is a competent actor but I agree that his role doesn't call for a lot of range. I'm not rating them as actors but BT and CC have definitely had the most demanding roles and have been asked to do far more than Sasha. I don't think Renard actually has much depth to him despite him being a good character although he was more interesting in the earlier seasons. I can't really call Sasha the best because I don't believe he's been given the chance to flex his acting muscles. I need to see more.

The two best for me have been Mitchell and Turner because they've shown me that they can play sad, happy, angry, and concerned amongst other emotions fairly well.

I think CC would be next in line because she can portray humor, sadness, seductiveness, and often times a sense of insecurity mixed with vulnerability.

I find DG to be by default rather stoic in most of his scenes no matter what emotion he's supposed to be portraying. He does well at times like the scene where he finds Kelly's head in the box. I thought he knocked that out of the park but I think his role called for a wider range of emotions since he's not a traditional Grimm and I think he's no more than adequate most of the time. I saw more emotion from his mother even though she's supposed to be the traditional Grimm.

Hornsby and Lee are great with dry humor and I believed them going crazy so they're good. They're probably a bit better than DG but not in the upper tier. I've always wondered what the show would be like if Hank were the Grimm and if it would be any different. I think Hornsby could have have succeeded in the role because I find that Nick and Hank aren't written as dissimilar as most partners on TV. I suspect that Monroe was originally supposed to be the guy who was different from Nick so there was no need to make Nick and Hank contrast in their personalities that much. Therefore, I think Hornsby could've comfortably stepped into that role.

RE: Rate the actors and actresses of Grimm - irukandji - 11-29-2016

(11-29-2016, 09:54 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: The two best for me have been Mitchell and Turner because they've shown me that they can play sad, happy, angry, and concerned amongst other emotions fairly well.

I find DG to be by default rather stoic in most of his scenes no matter what emotion he's supposed to he portraying. He does well at times like the scene where he finds Kelly's head in the box. I thought he knocked that out of the park but I think his role called for a wider range of emotions since he's not a traditional Grimm and I think he's no more than adequate most of the time. I saw more emotion from his mother even though she's supposed to be the traditional Grimm.

I think DG's probably a very nice guy in real life. That's not a bad thing at all, but it seems to me that that often seeps into his acting. In my opinion, that makes Nick's character a weak one who seems to sit on the fence rather than take a side and stick by it.

Suggesting Hank as a Grimm is a very interesting thought. I also wonder how Silas might approach the role.

RE: Rate the actors and actresses of Grimm - syscrash - 11-29-2016

I am not sure if it is the actor or the character that is the issue. When it comes to making you feel they are sticking the knife in an giving it a twist. Sasha, Clair, and Bitsie create the characters you love to hate. Even when Nick went after Kenneth you did not believe Nick was this big bad Grimm. Even Rosalee when mad you got the feeling she was dangerous. With Nick you never felt he was threatening. Even when he was doing interrogations. A good example was when he had Shaw against the wall and started turning grey. With all that David never projected the impression that he was a deadly threat. Even as the zombie David did not project mean and nasty. Clair projects the feeling of evil and nasty. Bitsie does cruel really well. She can get the cold look in her eyes and expressions. As Juliette her interactions with Nick, you felt her shove the emotional knife into him. Doing the interrogations Bitsie did scary really well. Sasha pulled off evil so well it is hard to not envision him with the handle bar mustache, top hat and cape. After watching the show I think Hank should have been the Grimm and Nick the side kick.
But then they may have directed David to play Nick that even when mad. He did not have an evil side. They wanted him to be a direct opposite of the Grimm reputation.

RE: Rate the actors and actresses of Grimm - degrimm - 11-30-2016

(11-27-2016, 06:57 PM)Renardfan99 Wrote: BT is the worse, that's all!

Really, u're just going on blind faith here.
Out of all the cast, she was the only one given 2 roles. That's evidence of faith in her abilities; if u've ever been to a film industry, u would know that people rarely get 2 roles unless they believe in ur abilities and have previous great record acting.

The cast I do believe in its abilities most is silas Mitchell cost I have seen him in popular shows like prison break, 24, burn notice and others which I've been impressed with- not the best but above average. Silas is one that throws funny emotions into his shows so I enjoyed it

Sashes roiz-he's been magnificent-I would say the best except when he played jack the reaper. He was doing it a bit too much or just didn't suit him.

Claire coffee- acting initially as a bad person is wonderful; d reason I don't like the character yet she made me love her as a cast. And also acting nick girlfriend, she's done a good job and I wish she could make me believe it more.
It's either down to the script or doesn't want to push it.
I have just watched her in general hospital, buddymoon and a few others and I'm so glad grimm made me take notice cos she kicked ass.

Bitsie tulloch- also I give thanks to Grimm for allowing them to be popular. She's been magnificent in shows like concussion, house, franklin & bash and I've loved every scene she's been in.
Taking up 2 roles in a tvshow describes how far she's come. It's like one person playing twins in a show of 2 different personalities. That's wonderful.

Bree turner is like silas Mitchell; a popular person easily loved for the emotions she pours into her scenes.

RE: Rate the actors and actresses of Grimm - syscrash - 11-30-2016

actually BT played five different characters. normal person, memory loss, scooby member, hexenbiest, warrior. As much as people may find fault with the characters. BT was able to transition into each character smoothly. People forget all scenes are not filmed in order. Yet BT had to keep it straight on each episode, was the scene at the beginning or the end of the of the transition phase. From episode to episode she had to remember how far into the transition she had progressed. I would imagine see spent a lot of time looking back at how the character had changed. During interviews BT explained how how research she put into each character. What was interesting is how people think that Eve shows a lack of ability. Where it is actually really hard to do. Eve does not respond as a normal person would respond. So BT has to create what the correct response would be and have it keep with the character. Everyone else gets to act like normal people with normal responses. Everyone else character they started with in season one is the same character in season 5. The characters may gain knowledge but they still act the same and have the same personality. Even Adalind is the same. She is just no longer working on an evil scheme.