Grimm Forum
Violent Nick/ Adalind relationship fic - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Fan Creations (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Fan-Creations)
+--- Thread: Violent Nick/ Adalind relationship fic (/Thread-Violent-Nick-Adalind-relationship-fic)

Violent Nick/ Adalind relationship fic - Karai9 - 12-30-2015

Fic I recently wrote exploring a believable approach to the beginning of the Nick and Adalind relationship following the ending of Wesen Nacht since the photos for episode 7 seem to suggest that something has changed about them after the Eve revelation. Let me know or what you think. Blush

Rated Mature for mature themes and imagery

Archive of Own link:http://archiveofourown.org/works/5562907

Fanfiction.net link:https://m.fanfiction.net/s/11697006/1/

Summary: Missing scene from the end of Wesen Nacht; assuming that Nick gets an explanation to what the hell went on when Trubel shot Juliet and a confrontation with Eve herself. I'm assuming he has a pretty good idea of what's going on by the time he gets home to Adalind. Nick reacts badly and Adalind feels the brunt of it. Spoilers up to 5x06. Warning for dark themes and dubious consent.

RE: Violent Nick/ Adalind relationship fic - syscrash - 12-30-2015

In all of the promotional info where do you get that Juliette becoming Eve was anything other then a continued progression of her transformation. In the way you describe Juliette is a prisoner. The writers gave use many clues and reasons why Juliette would emotionally leave the group. They started with showing a shift in her loyalties by having her side with Kenneth.

RE: Violent Nick/ Adalind relationship fic - Karai9 - 12-31-2015

(12-30-2015, 08:42 PM)syscrash Wrote: In all of the promotional info where do you get that Juliette becoming Eve was anything other then a continued progression of her transformation. In the way you describe Juliette is a prisoner. The writers gave use many clues and reasons why Juliette would emotionally leave the group. They started with showing a shift in her loyalties by having her side with Kenneth.

The EPs and Bitsie say she's been training with Meisner. That means the person in the room that Meisner was beating up periodically was Juliet. Additionally, when Chavez opened the peephole into her cell in the first episode, she ran at it screaming. obviously wanting out. Meisner commented that they were playing with fire. Also they did not approach her as they did trubel to recruit her although she wasn't beyond reason. Obviously, Kenneth could appeal to her with the right incentive, so could they. But they sent Trubel to capture her by force.

She may have warmed to the idea eventually to reach this level of detachment, but I believe that the beginning of her training was very much without her consent.

RE: Violent Nick/ Adalind relationship fic - Robyn - 12-31-2015

Your portrayal of a dark and cruel Nick went too far for my taste. I don’t mean that as a negative reflection on your exploration of this different characterization. In fact, I applaud your commitment to exploring just how dark and cruel Nick might become given the right circumstances.

It was Adalind’s reaction to Nick that I couldn’t quite wrap my head around. While her body might respond to his machinations, the heart and mind not so much. Nick established his mindset with “You're here and I... I need someone right now” and “Besides you owe me”. Regardless of how Adalind’s feelings might be changing/growing toward Nick, his assertions and behavior don’t welcome new possibilities, at least not any that Adalind has a say about.

Again, I want to say that my comments & opinion aren’t meant as a negative reflection on your story’s direction, and again, I applaud your commitment to exploring just how dark and cruel Nick might become given the right circumstances.

RE: Violent Nick/ Adalind relationship fic - Karai9 - 12-31-2015

(12-31-2015, 11:21 AM)Robyn Wrote: Your portrayal of a dark and cruel Nick went too far for my taste. I don’t mean that as a negative reflection on your exploration of this different characterization. In fact, I applaud your commitment to exploring just how dark and cruel Nick might become given the right circumstances.

It was Adalind’s reaction to Nick that I couldn’t quite wrap my head around. While her body might respond to his machinations, the heart and mind not so much. Nick established his mindset with “You're here and I... I need someone right now” and “Besides you owe me”. Regardless of how Adalind’s feelings might be changing/growing toward Nick, his assertions and behavior don’t welcome new possibilities, at least not any that Adalind has a say about.

Again, I want to say that my comments & opinion aren’t meant as a negative reflection on your story’s direction, and again, I applaud your commitment to exploring just how dark and cruel Nick might become given the right circumstances.

Thank you for your comments and observations. I can understand what your saying about Adalind's reaction and respond with my take on this was that Adalind didn't realize the extent of Nick instability at the time or how far he actually would go until matters weren't under her control anymore.

Of course I accept your disagreement though, it presents an interesting counter argument that mediates what's going on in my head. Basically constructive criticism which is much appreciated.

Thanks

RE: Violent Nick/ Adalind relationship fic - Robyn - 12-31-2015

(12-31-2015, 11:29 AM)Karai9 Wrote: Thank you for your comments and observations. I can understand what your saying about Adalind's reaction and respond with my take on this was that Adalind didn't realize the extent of Nick instability at the time or how far he actually would go until matters weren't under her control anymore.

Of course I accept your disagreement though, it presents an interesting counter argument that mediates what's going on in my head. Basically constructive criticism which is much appreciated.

Thanks

Thank you, Karai9, I appreciate your appreciation. Smile

RE: Violent Nick/ Adalind relationship fic - syscrash - 12-31-2015

To understand Nick and Adalind now, think back to when he took her powers. Before that night, Nick and Adalind where antagonistic but never really hated each other. The fight ended with Nick pinning her to the ground, where he kisses her, and she bites his lip. Their relationship hasn't been the same since. From then on they avoid each other. Even when Kelly brought her to the house they would not look at each other. That was not anger keeping them away. It was that kiss. How about when Adalind was in Seans apartment with Diana. That did not look like a look of anger on Nick's face. It looked more like jealousy.

I see the writers from the beginning intending for it to be Nick and Adalind. But they had to get there. They have to transform Nick the cop and family man. To a full on Grimm. Nick still sees himself as a cop with Grimm abilities. He does not consider himself part of the wesen world. For Nick to accept being a Grimm he has to admit he is not human. This was his problem with Juliette. To accept her change would mean accepting his, and he is not ready to accept being other then human.

Where Eve has accepted her transformation and sees herself 100% wesen. Nick will want to hold on to his human connection. It will be Nicks and Adalind fight to stay human leaving the wesen world that will pull them together. It will be Nicks need to be a Grimm, and Adalind reemergence that will pull them apart.

RE: Violent Nick/ Adalind relationship fic - degrimm - 05-19-2016

(12-31-2015, 02:27 PM)syscrash Wrote: To understand Nick and Adalind now, think back to when he took her powers. Before that night, Nick and Adalind where antagonistic but never really hated each other. The fight ended with Nick pinning her to the ground, where he kisses her, and she bites his lip. Their relationship hasn't been the same since. From then on they avoid each other. Even when Kelly brought her to the house they would not look at each other. That was not anger keeping them away. It was that kiss. How about when Adalind was in Seans apartment with Diana. That did not look like a look of anger on Nick's face. It looked more like jealousy.

I see the writers from the beginning intending for it to be Nick and Adalind. But they had to get there. They have to transform Nick the cop and family man. To a full on Grimm. Nick still sees himself as a cop with Grimm abilities. He does not consider himself part of the wesen world. For Nick to accept being a Grimm he has to admit he is not human. This was his problem with Juliette. To accept her change would mean accepting his, and he is not ready to accept being other then human.

Where Eve has accepted her transformation and sees herself 100% wesen. Nick will want to hold on to his human connection. It will be Nicks and Adalind fight to stay human leaving the wesen world that will pull them together. It will be Nicks need to be a Grimm, and Adalind reemergence that will pull them apart.

i've been wanting to ask this question;

why did he have to kiss her to get his blood into her, why not just use a syring or cut himself on the arm to force it down her throat.

RE: Violent Nick/ Adalind relationship fic - jsgrimm45 - 05-20-2016

(12-31-2015, 11:16 AM)Karai9 Wrote:
(12-30-2015, 08:42 PM)syscrash Wrote: In all of the promotional info where do you get that Juliette becoming Eve was anything other then a continued progression of her transformation. In the way you describe Juliette is a prisoner. The writers gave use many clues and reasons why Juliette would emotionally leave the group. They started with showing a shift in her loyalties by having her side with Kenneth.

The EPs and Bitsie say she's been training with Meisner. That means the person in the room that Meisner was beating up periodically was Juliet. Additionally, when Chavez opened the peephole into her cell in the first episode, she ran at it screaming. obviously wanting out. Meisner commented that they were playing with fire. Also they did not approach her as they did trubel to recruit her although she wasn't beyond reason. Obviously, Kenneth could appeal to her with the right incentive, so could they. But they sent Trubel to capture her by force.

She may have warmed to the idea eventually to reach this level of detachment, but I believe that the beginning of her training was very much without her consent.
Could be right but what if we come at this from this angle. The cell she was in to start with had to hexenbiest proof. So for a time they just let her vent, now once the is over she goes into training hand to hand and the use of her power in a controlled space. Juliette was a vet not a soldier so she would need training just take my word hand to hand combat training hurts.

I'm 5' 8" my hand to hand combat partner was 6' 4" now with 20 20 hindsight I see why one was to show me that I could defeat someone that size and to show him that someone my size could defeat him, we both learned. How I hated the over the shoulder throw try coming off a throw at about 6 foot in the air and landing on you back, now I couldn't drop him 6 feet so I used all the power I had to get even. Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin