Grimm Forum
So, the "darker, angrier" Nick thing isn't happening? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: So, the "darker, angrier" Nick thing isn't happening? (/Thread-So-the-darker-angrier-Nick-thing-isn-t-happening)

Pages: 1 2

So, the "darker, angrier" Nick thing isn't happening? - Hexenadler - 12-28-2015

Anybody else remember this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5lEbN83m-s

Should NBC be sued for false advertising? Rolleyes

RE: So, the "darker, angrier" Nick thing isn't happening? - syscrash - 12-28-2015

NIck did go darker. Name one other time, a wesen woges, Nick goes good and tries to take their head off.
I had expected we would see Nick this season dragging that ax around with him. Or at least come up to Trubel level of Grimm and remove a few heads. Four times Trubel has dispensed Grimm Justice. Two heads removed, and two cases of slicing and dicing.

RE: So, the "darker, angrier" Nick thing isn't happening? - New Guy - 12-28-2015

(12-28-2015, 04:57 PM)Hexenadler Wrote: Anybody else remember this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5lEbN83m-s

Should NBC be sued for false advertising? Rolleyes
Hi Hexenadler,
Yes indeed we remember that Trubel shot Hexenette in the neck and through her heart to save Nick's life. Nick said she was dead. The writers said she was dead. The previews showed her corpse in a casket at the grave yard.
If she is DEAD let Nick bury her corpse!
New Guy

PS: If NBC sold you a ticket to the funeral and will not reimburse you for your costs, then you may have a case. Hire Adalind as your attorney.

RE: So, the "darker, angrier" Nick thing isn't happening? - wfmyers1207 - 12-29-2015

I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of a darker, grittier Nick. The network led us to believe that was what was going to happen this season. But Nick is still pretty much the same. Frankly, Truble makes him look like a wimp lately.

I really thought that with the "death" of Juliette, his Mom, and the disappearance of Truble he would have gone absolutely ballistic. Those were his ladies!! The women he loved!! I would have gone absolutely ape shit and been killing people no end!! Chavez would have begged me to let her tell me everything she knew!

It looked like the show was going in that direction at first, but then he's back to being a Boy Scout before the end of episode 2. Sad

RE: So, the "darker, angrier" Nick thing isn't happening? - syscrash - 12-29-2015

(12-29-2015, 10:49 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of a darker, grittier Nick. The network led us to believe that was what was going to happen this season. But Nick is still pretty much the same. Frankly, Truble makes him look like a wimp lately.

I really thought that with the "death" of Juliette, his Mom, and the disappearance of Truble he would have gone absolutely ballistic. Those were his ladies!! The women he loved!! I would have gone absolutely ape shit and been killing people no end!! Chavez would have begged me to let her tell me everything she knew!

It looked like the show was going in that direction at first, but then he's back to being a Boy Scout before the end of episode 2. Sad
I agree, when Chavez woged and Nick goes good wesen. I was expecting much more action. But right in the middle they introduce the information that Adalind is delivering. Gone is the rage. No more vengeful Nick. For his sons sake It is good he keep it together. If he had just went in beheading FBI agents to get answers. It would have been spectacular, what I would have expected, but it would have left Nick a rouge cop. Hard to protect your child with the FBI on your tail.

RE: So, the "darker, angrier" Nick thing isn't happening? - Robyn - 12-29-2015

I think Nick ignoring Hank and Monroe's concern about his emotional stability, refusing their help, breaking into Chavez' house, kidnapping and taking her to the spice shop, etc. etc. was the network's and writers' interpretation of a darker, angrier Nick. I don't think they backed off from their original idea, I think they believed those few scenes in one episode was sufficient in establishing that Nick was angry and temporarily dark. The darkness and outward appearance of anger seemed to dissipate when the FBI came to his house suspecting him of foul play and Adalind freeked out. Depending on how you like your Grimm that's either a good or bad length of time for dark and angry.

RE: So, the "darker, angrier" Nick thing isn't happening? - New Guy - 12-29-2015

Hi Robyn,
Unfortunately, I believe you will be proven correct that
Quote:I think they {writers} believed those few scenes in one episode was sufficient in establishing that Nick was angry and temporarily dark
The writers failed to actually kill Juliette, they did not deliver the corpse and funeral, they have not darkened Nick into the ace of Grimms. All these were promised or strongly implied by the NBC promos, previews and media interviews.
Instead they tell us Juliette is dead, but is also this FrankenEve thing. There is no corpse and the promised funeral was just a dream. Then Nick confronts Chavez (gee she also abducts people) she provides minimal information and gets herself killed in the process, so that was the Darker and Angrier Nick. I count three strikes.
New Guy

RE: So, the "darker, angrier" Nick thing isn't happening? - syscrash - 12-29-2015

If you think about it there where not a lot of people left for Nick to take revenge on. Unless he was going to take his anger out on all wesen. I am not sure what the writers could have had in mind with their promotion.

RE: So, the "darker, angrier" Nick thing isn't happening? - brandon - 12-30-2015

the monster of Frankestein.no is had name.
in one interview with Guintoli mentions as that is the pillar-in series, so his character - funny things would do nothing but being so, somebody has to have the head in place.
the is the police, you should avoid that people want to take revenge.
I hope that the dark pass by another thing.
the has responsabiliddades, could do as her mother that I leave the revenge

RE: So, the "darker, angrier" Nick thing isn't happening? - wfmyers1207 - 12-30-2015

(12-30-2015, 05:05 AM)brandon Wrote: the monster of Frankestein.no is had name.
in one interview with Guintoli mentions as that is the pillar-in series, so his character - funny things would do nothing but being so, somebody has to have the head in place.
the is the police, you should avoid that people want to take revenge.
I hope that the dark pass by another thing.
the has responsabiliddades, could do as her mother that I leave the revenge

Brandon, please don't take offense, but it is obvious that English is not your first language. But there is translation software available for free on the net. Try Babylon.com just to start.

I'm not trying to be mean. I'd really like to know what you have to say, but I can't understand most of what you post.