Grimm Forum
How will the return of Eve/Juliette effect ratings going forward? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: How will the return of Eve/Juliette effect ratings going forward? (/Thread-How-will-the-return-of-Eve-Juliette-effect-ratings-going-forward)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

How will the return of Eve/Juliette effect ratings going forward? - Grimmster123 - 12-12-2015

I was always under the understanding that most people found the character of Juliette annoying and were happy when she was supposedly killed off in last years season finale. However as people have been noting all season long the ratings continue to drop week to week. I read through the comments section on TVLine's recap of last nights episode and its about 50/50 for people who are glad Bitsie is back and people who were hoping she was dead for good.

Do you guys think the addition of Eve/Juliette ultimately improves the ratings, decrease the ratings, or has no effect at all?

RE: How will the return of Eve/Juliette effect ratings going forward? - jsgrimm45 - 12-12-2015

As one who only looks (for the most part) at how well does the actor/actress play the part I will have to see how they work the character and how Bitsie Tulloch plays the character. So for now not a problem. Should we remember that a main character gets killed off this season also, so could it be her saving Adalind and Kelly to pay Nick back for getting Kelly killed that would work for me.

RE: How will the return of Eve/Juliette effect ratings going forward? - Hexenadler - 12-12-2015

I'm no Nostradamus, but I'm hoping Bitsie's comeback will have a positive impact on the ratings. I'm inclined to think the gloomy outcome of season four turned off a lot of casual viewers, even if I don't have any evidence to prove it.

It's just the "emotionally detached" thing that annoys the hell out of me. Obviously it's a requirement for suppressing her Hexenbiest impulses, but it feels like SUCH a reprisal of that dumb amnesia arc...

RE: How will the return of Eve/Juliette effect ratings going forward? - crossbar - 12-12-2015

I have a feeling the ratings drop is due to having a Friday time slot and it being the holiday season. Friday is the beginning of the weekend and people have Christmas parties to go to or Christmas shopping that they can't do during the week.

RE: How will the return of Eve/Juliette effect ratings going forward? - outlander - 12-13-2015

I for one was happy that the character was dead. I was happy that Trouble killed her instead of Nick but that b_tch had to go. I was interested in seeing how Nick and Adalind's relationship was going to develope.

RE: How will the return of Eve/Juliette effect ratings going forward? - Grimmster123 - 12-14-2015

(12-12-2015, 08:55 AM)crossbar Wrote: I have a feeling the ratings drop is due to having a Friday time slot and it being the holiday season. Friday is the beginning of the weekend and people have Christmas parties to go to or Christmas shopping that they can't do during the week.

Normally I'd agree with you except that they had been down since the season premiere at the end of October. I hate to be pessimistic because this is my favorite show on television right now but I think we are all kidding ourselves if we chalk it up to people just being busy, it's something more than that.

RE: How will the return of Eve/Juliette effect ratings going forward? - Hexenadler - 12-14-2015

(12-13-2015, 10:43 PM)outlander Wrote: I for one was happy that the character was dead. I was happy that Trouble killed her instead of Nick but that b_tch had to go. I was interested in seeing how Nick and Adalind's relationship was going to develope.

I wasn't. The whole thing came about from the writing staff manipulating events and characters to places they wanted to take them, and voluntarily ignoring what they had established about these people up to that point.

To top it off, the rape angle added a very sordid, unpleasant vibe to their relationship, no matter how hard the actors tried to surmount it. I think even Greenwalt and Kouf began to realize this, when they had Trubel mention just HOW Nick and Adalind's baby came to be in the first place. She was clearly thinking what most of the audience was thinking, even though she couldn't say it outright.

RE: How will the return of Eve/Juliette effect ratings going forward? - jsgrimm45 - 12-14-2015

(12-14-2015, 06:17 AM)Grimmster123 Wrote:
(12-12-2015, 08:55 AM)crossbar Wrote: I have a feeling the ratings drop is due to having a Friday time slot and it being the holiday season. Friday is the beginning of the weekend and people have Christmas parties to go to or Christmas shopping that they can't do during the week.

Normally I'd agree with you except that they had been down since the season premiere at the end of October. I hate to be pessimistic because this is my favorite show on television right now but I think we are all kidding ourselves if we chalk it up to people just being busy, it's something more than that.
Correct the time slot isn't the only problem. I do think the Oct start is part of the problem better Sept like most other series. Something a GOOD series is on the wrong network and Grimm has that problem, plus very little cross channel ads. The CW channel has this type series this would have be a good fit there put it on CW after Supernatural and you have a lead in. NBC doesn't have a hit to lead into the series.

I think NBC wanted a CW type show but didn't hype it well. If it wasn't for my Sister I would have never heard of it. Now I'm fan, but at my age I'm the the age group they want targeted. (Only AARP wants me Big Grin) If the would but more ads on other channels and hype the Juliette/Eve/Gimm maybe just a small maybe. Guess the question do you take a somewhat successful show and replace it what a questionable new show?

RE: How will the return of Eve/Juliette effect ratings going forward? - grimmfan14 - 12-14-2015

I think everyone is kidding themselves that Bitsie/Juliette has that many fans. I'm sure some fans like her (or don't hate her). But I just can't believe anyone is watching or not watching the show just for her. I've never seen any indication that she has this huge loyal fanbase

I think the episodes though have been kind of lackluster. This uprising plot is actually ideal though. It allows them to do a case of the week but one that ties them into a bigger narrative. And it has Nick learning something new, the way he did in the beginning when he was a Grimm - realizing there's something bigger than him.

The drop is ratings is pretty standard for any older show. People tune out on shows over time, no matter how hugely popular they are. Grimm never had a huge audience, and the scheduling, fallout from last season which was so focused on the Royals that it was really confusing for casual watchers, etc - lots of reasons why ratings would fall.

But the idea that Juliette inspires enough loyalty to shift ratings is silly.

RE: How will the return of Eve/Juliette effect ratings going forward? - wfmyers1207 - 12-14-2015

Like others here, I think the ratings decline is more a result of poor scheduling than anything else. The late season starts and long breaks after only a few episodes are not helping. Huh Gotham for example, ran 11 episodes and will be back after only 5 weeks not 6.

As for the new character of Eve, it could help ratings, but only if it is a heck of a lot better written and acted than the character of Juliette was.

In my opinion Bitsie Tulloch is simply a poor actress. Her performances have always been wooden and uninspired. Even a relative rookie like Jacqueline Toboni is much better, and Tulloch isn't even in the same league as Claire Coffee and Bree Turner. Tongue