Grimm Forum
Hadrian's Wall - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Hadrian's Wall (/Thread-Hadrian-s-Wall)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Hadrian's Wall - jsgrimm45 - 12-12-2015

Hadrian's Wall was a wall build in England by the Romans. The SGO is using that as their (HW) group name is there anything we should see in the name? Or it just a symbol of a line in the sand?

RE: Hadrian's Wall - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 12-22-2015

(12-12-2015, 07:33 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Hadrian's Wall was a wall build in England by the Romans. The SGO is using that as their (HW) group name is there anything we should see in the name? Or it just a symbol of a line in the sand?

It may be something. It maybe not.

Hadrian's Wall is a line of defence. Maybe the SGO wants to be a symbol of "the last line of defence to the humanity against the wesen uprising".
Personally I like to think this connects the SGO to the old Roman Empire. I imagine a plot similar to: there were always wesen groups trying to show themselves… and there were always groups protecting humanity from those wesens. Tracking this back to Roman Empire, this war would be older then the keys. As we know little about the keys function, maybe the writers will make some connection here (or not).
The BC moto is in latin. This also connects them to the Roman Empire.

Just to think a little more.

RE: Hadrian's Wall - brandon - 12-22-2015

the purpose of the wall was to stop the hordes of barbarians - foreign, ja - to civilization
What was Rome at that time.
they were the tribes of Celts, atacotos etc that lived in at the time

RE: Hadrian's Wall - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 12-22-2015

(12-22-2015, 01:35 PM)brandon Wrote: the purpose of the wall was to stop the hordes of barbarians - foreign, ja - to civilization
What was Rome at that time.
they were the tribes of Celts, atacotos etc that lived in at the time

This is very symbolic. The wesen from BC are the barbarians. Society is the civilization. The Hadrian's Wall group is the barrier between BC (barbarians) and civilization.

RE: Hadrian's Wall - Hexenadler - 12-22-2015

I can already guess the title of a future episode: "The Fall of Hadrian's Wall." Tongue

RE: Hadrian's Wall - eric - 12-22-2015

Most military walls-Hadrian, Great Wall of China, Maginot Line in France were based on slowing down the barbarians. The hordes could not jump over the walls, they needed to punch through. All these lines had forts all along the wall, if the enemy attacked one spot the army could quickly gather and repulse them. The Maginot line was never conquered by the Germans, the French surrendered after the fall of Paris. My point being, HW could along the same principle-constant watching for Wessen trying to break through, responding in force when there is an uprising. Sort of like the Council, but dealing with bigger problems. My guess is we will see a lot of their "troops" show up in Portland to tamp down the uprising.

RE: Hadrian's Wall - Hexenadler - 12-22-2015

I can't say exactly why, but I want Hadrian's Wall to be wiped out. Something about the way they stole Juliette and Kelly's head right underneath Nick's nose, and subsequently hammered Juliette into a zombified Hexenbiest supersoldier, is incredibly repugnant. I don't see much of a difference between them and Black Claw, TBH.

RE: Hadrian's Wall - brandon - 12-24-2015

I have a novel "Hadrian's wall", very interesting.
I do not remember who is the writer.
is Roman, a young woman agrees to marry a Roman general
by his family.
Although at that time there was no choice for a Roman woman.
There is jealousy, envy and betrayal.
and develops in London near the wall.fights against the Celts - the local tribes.

RE: Hadrian's Wall - jsgrimm45 - 12-24-2015

(12-24-2015, 06:59 AM)brandon Wrote: I have a novel "Hadrian's wall", very interesting.
I do not remember who is the writer.
is Roman, a young woman agrees to marry a Roman general
by his family.
Although at that time there was no choice for a Roman woman.
There is jealousy, envy and betrayal.
and develops in London near the wall.fights against the Celts - the local tribes.
I never read the book but did think of the movie Arthur. Which had Knights of the round table etc. Should we take a look at that legend? Round table etc? Does the HW group have a round table type leadership? I know this on the outside of ideas. Big Grin

RE: Hadrian's Wall - irukandji - 04-09-2016

I wasn's sure where to put my question, so thought I would resurrect this thread.

Did Meisner come up with the plan to transform Eveinto Renard? It doesn't seem like something Eve would do on her own, being considered a weapon and all.