Grimm Forum
Eve/Juliette - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Eve/Juliette (/Thread-Eve-Juliette)

RE: Eve/Juliette - irukandji - 06-24-2020

So Claire became conveniently pregnant before they started shooting season four?

RE: Eve/Juliette - FaceInTheCrowd - 06-24-2020

I recall them announcing that she was expecting in the spring, and they always started shooting new seasons in late July/early Aug, so yes.

I thought there was something that came upĀ about the pregnancy so I did some searching in the internet. According to an interview with Claire, the producers were going to work around her pregnancy with a body double. She said they decided in mid-season that they would write the pregnancy in and the baby was going to be Nick's.

Working with body doubles was an utterly regular thing for Grimm, so doubtful that desire to avoid that was a significant factor. Which suggests to me that it was all the result of their decision to drop the royals for an arc they believed would be better for the ratings.

Claire was the one who said the producers told her they were putting her pregnancy into the storyline. In that case, there would be no need for body doubles. I am curious, what was the storyline involving the royals that was dropped?

The royals trying to get their hands on the rest of the seven keys and the grimm treasure, which according to legend would bring ultimate power, and the efforts of the resistance to bring them down. The continuing storyline of seasons 1-3.

And that would leave Adalind's character pretty much out of the series.

Nick and Adalind could still have had their baby and their relationship. All that needed to happen was King Freddie NOT getting thrown out of the helo by Meisner and flying off to Austria with hexenbiest Juliette and Diana at the end of s04. Then Juliette with Freddie's blessing and her powers takes Rispoli's place at the head of the Verrat and the war between Nick+scoobies+resistance and the royals over the seven keys, the treasure of the seven grimms and Diana becomes the arc for the next season or two. Nick's ultimate series finale fight to the death is not against some blonde surfer dude with a mirror fetish and a big magic stick but against his former GF, who not only has powers that are better than the average hexenbiests', but also leads the royals' footsoldiers and possesses intimate knowledge about Nick and all of his friends.

I don't think so. According to Claire, the producers initially told her there was not going to be another baby in the series.

And then they changed their minds and there was another baby. But that still didn't make it necessary to dump the royals plot arc and replace it with BC and HW.