Grimm Forum
Eve/Juliette - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Eve/Juliette (/Thread-Eve-Juliette)

RE: Eve/Juliette - brandon - 04-27-2018

When appeared in the spice shop,juliette had already burned the trailer.

RE: Eve/Juliette - irukandji - 04-27-2018

(04-27-2018, 05:43 AM)brandon Wrote: When appeared in the spice shop,juliette had already burned the trailer.

I'm not sure what the point of this is. Can you clarify?

RE: Eve/Juliette - brandon - 04-27-2018

When Juliette appeared in the precinct, Nick tried to appease her, to prevent her from doing something to regret.When burn the trailer, it showed that she was crazy and dangerous.Nick hidden to Adalind.

RE: Eve/Juliette - New Guy - 04-27-2018

(04-26-2018, 04:29 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 11:32 AM)New Guy Wrote: Hi Iruk,
The hallway situation was potentially deadly. Hexenette had just been bailed out of jail for the bar room brawl violence. She threatened to kill Adalind on the spot. If Hexenette woged and attacked, Nick, Hank and Wu would have defended the targeted victim with deadly force.
Nick clearly was needed at the spice shop. Here is the Grimm Wiki synopsis:
Quote:Juliette arrives at the spice shop, and Juliette asks how they figured out how to make the suppressant, and Hank tells her the books from the trailer. Nick tells her it will work, and Juliette says they would have had to try it on another Hexenbiest to make sure it works. Rosalee hands Nick the jar with the suppressant, and he hands it to Juliette. She then causes the spice shop to shake, and Nick tells her to stop. The shaking stops, and Juliette asks if it looks like she need anyone's help. She tosses the jar into the air, causing it to levitate, and Rosalee tries to grab it, but Juliette throws her against a shelf with her telekinetic abilities. The jar falls to the ground and breaks as Monroe woges. Juliette smacks him across the face, again with her telekinesis, and Hank draws his gun, but Juliette causes it to fly out of his hands. Juliette asks, "When are you all gonna learn that I like who I am?" Nick draws his gun and says they don't, and Juliette woges. She then makes Nick point his gun at Monroe and Rosalee. Monroe gets Rosalee out of the way, and Nick says he can't let go of his gun. Monroe freezes in fear as Nick's gun goes off.
Note that when Rosalee hands Nick the suppressant potion to give to Hexenette, she throws a tantrum and smashes it. She attacks Rosalee. She attacks Monroe. Hank draws his gun. Then Nick draws his gun. She ties to force Nick to shoot Monroe.
The level of Hexenette's violence in the spice shop far exceeds her threats of violence in the precinct. Nick demonstrate crisis management skill in both cases. If Nick and Hank were not at the spice shop, she may have gone violent and killed Rosalee and Monroe. Both scenes are examples of the cops risking their lives to save innocent people.
N G

Hi New Guy-
There is no argument in my mind with regard to the spice shop. While I continue to think Nick and Hank had no business being there, Nick drew his gun. In my opinion, Nick assessed the situation and believed there was grave danger. That said, Nick was a complete doofus during that whole incident. Threats and use of a weapon to make Juliette take the potion reveals a hotheaded Nick who wants his own way and is willing to utilize force in order to get it. As a side note, it makes me wonder just how far Nick would go, say, if Rosalee or Monroe suddenly went rogue, but I digress.

Just as foolhardy was Nick's underestimation of his former girlfriend. He knew she could toss him into the next year with a flick of the wrist but chose to ignore the danger.

If we're to believe Nick is capable of assessing grave danger during the spice shop incident, then it's logical he must also be capable of sensing grave danger during the confrontation in the precinct. It's apparent Nick did not sense Juliette to be a grave threat. Otherwise, he would have informed Wu that he needed help, and he would have instructed Adalind to seek safety within the precinct, away from Juliette.

What's even more telling is Adalind's reaction. If she sensed Juliette to be such a grave threat, she would have left Nick's side and sought out protection in another area, probably Renard's office.
Hi Iruk,
We cannot know what the writers may have wanted to convey regarding the thought process of the characters in the precinct scene.
Another possibility is that deranged Hexenette looked around, saw the number of armed cops and decided that attacking a pregnant woman would draw a hailstorm of 9 mm bullets aimed at her. Nick would be thinking the same. She wanted to attack and kill Adalind and the baby, but decided not to die. Regardless, Nick knew she was a grave threat and would have helped his fellow officers gun her down if she had attacked.
N G

RE: Eve/Juliette - Zansy - 04-27-2018

*glances at the above* Can we agree that Nick is not a hot-headed man who tries to use his gun to force Juliette to drink the potion?

[Image: tumblr_p7un98rDta1xryu9qo1_1280.jpg]

After Juliette attacks Rosalee and destroys the potion, we have Monroe woge and get smashed to the floor. Then we have Hank draw his gun and get attacked & disarmed. And by that point Nick draws his gun. He's by no means holding it while he's offering the potion to Juliette. And he's saying "Just take it, please." (Not "I'm going to shoot you if you don't drink this.")

I think Juliette's just playing with them. She's obviously not there to even consider taking the potion. (She and Kenneth have been busy planning who of her neighbors needs to die for the lure for Kelly to work when Nick called.) And she seems a little disappointed that they were smart enough to take Adalind to safety before she arrived. But if she'd wanted one of them dead she could've made Nick turn on Rosalee after Hank pushed Monroe to safety. (No not a scenario I fancy, Rosalee's my favorite character. But she's still too shocked to duck for cover after the shot at Monroe, and Monroe and Hank are both out of reach to protect her by that point.) Instead she takes off, thanking them for doing the "heavy lifting" by getting Adalind to try the potion.

(04-27-2018, 06:09 AM)New Guy Wrote: Hi Iruk,
We cannot know what the writers may have wanted to convey regarding the thought process of the characters in the precinct scene.
Another possibility is that deranged Hexenette looked around, saw the number of armed cops and decided that attacking a pregnant woman would draw a hailstorm of 9 mm bullets aimed at her. Nick would be thinking the same. She wanted to attack and kill Adalind and the baby, but decided not to die. Regardless, Nick knew she was a grave threat and would have helped his fellow officers gun her down if she had attacked.
N G

Hi New Guy-
I don't agree with the assessment that Nick knew Juliette was a grave threat and would have helped his fellow officers gun her down if she had attacked. The reason I don't agree is because the decision of whether or not Juliette was a deadly threat rested with one person, and that was Nick. He would have had to have been the one to alert his fellow officers, but he did not. Instead he simply talked to her.

And as I said before, even Adalind stood around. It seems that if she was that frightened she would have fled from the scene.

(04-27-2018, 08:42 AM)Zansy Wrote: After Juliette attacks Rosalee and destroys the potion, we have Monroe woge and get smashed to the floor. Then we have Hank draw his gun and get attacked & disarmed. And by that point Nick draws his gun. He's by no means holding it while he's offering the potion to Juliette. And he's saying "Just take it, please." (Not "I'm going to shoot you if you don't drink this.")

I think Juliette's just playing with them. She's obviously not there to even consider taking the potion. (She and Kenneth have been busy planning who of her neighbors needs to die for the lure for Kelly to work when Nick called.) And she seems a little disappointed that they were smart enough to take Adalind to safety before she arrived. But if she'd wanted one of them dead she could've made Nick turn on Rosalee after Hank pushed Monroe to safety. (No not a scenario I fancy, Rosalee's my favorite character. But she's still too shocked to duck for cover after the shot at Monroe, and Monroe and Hank are both out of reach to protect her by that point.) Instead she takes off, thanking them for doing the "heavy lifting" by getting Adalind to try the potion.

My question to all of this is why did Nick want Juliette to drink the potion in the first place?

He obviously wasn't interested in Juliette as a potential mate and there was no longer any love between them.

So why did he want Juliette to take the potion? For that matter, why did the scoobies want her to take the potion?

Well, to be fair. The Captain of the Precinct who had a pretty good idea who Juliette was and what the situation was, was standing in that hallway, too. So let's just say. There was at least one more person around who could've potentially made that call. And at that point I'm pretty sure Renard's orders would've been followed at least as easily as Nick's?

According to the Scoobies they're trying to help Juliette get back what she lost (they might still assume that she wants that? She did earlier in the season). And Nick does sound as if he's still not done hoping they might work through things if she stops being a Hexenbiest. But I'd also reckon that they realize that she's a threat (definitely to Adalind, but after torching the trailer and her earlier bar brawl, also at least potentially to others) and the Scoobies have this tendency to try to stop Wesen who're a threat to the community.

RE: Eve/Juliette - dicappatore - 04-27-2018

(04-27-2018, 08:42 AM)Zansy Wrote: *glances at the above* Can we agree that Nick is not a hot-headed man who tries to use his gun to force Juliette to drink the potion?

[Image: tumblr_p7un98rDta1xryu9qo1_1280.jpg]

After Juliette attacks Rosalee and destroys the potion, we have Monroe woge and get smashed to the floor. Then we have Hank draw his gun and get attacked & disarmed. And by that point Nick draws his gun. He's by no means holding it while he's offering the potion to Juliette. And he's saying "Just take it, please." (Not "I'm going to shoot you if you don't drink this.")

Ahhh, welcome to the world of make believe. Yea, this is where you will see how, "SOME", change the narrative to fit their opinions by making shitz up.

This is one of those scene where some will attest that Nick pulled out his gun to force Juliette to drink the potion. This has been repeated a few times on these threads.

Then you remind them that the gun was pulled out because Rosalee was attacked by Juliette with her telekinesis and thrown across the room.

They come back with, well, Rosalee was attacking her, first.

Then you point out, no she was reaching out to catch the only potion they had left over, from hitting the floor, from Juliette dropping it.

This is where they flip, skew or re-direct the argument by claiming "the gang wasn't accepting Juliette for what she had become". She was pissed off because they were rejecting her as a Hex, and was retaliating for them trying to change her.

Then you point out, the following facts.
She went to Henrietta, to see if she could change back.
She went to Sean to see how she could get rid of the Hex in her.
She went to the spice shop seek help from Rosalee and Monroe for the same thing, how to get rid of her condition.
But according to 'SOME" they weren't accepting her, meanwhile, Juliette was her own worse enemy with a proven record of her seeking change.

This is where I get accused of calling them names like liars, wacka-doodos, delusional and a few other names. Well, once I point out their inability to, either admit, or at least review the scenes that did not play out as they claim. "SOME" aren't able to reply with a mature intelligent conversation, They call it name calling, I call it, reducing my level of intelligent to their level, to get my point across.

Another great example is this whole, Nick taking sides at the precinct when Juliette gets out on bail and confronts Adalind, Nick and some of the gang.
First , "SOME' will claim that Nickolette were no longer a item. Juliette moved out and was free to hook up with whom she pleased.

Then they expect Nick to stand up for her. Since they only just broke up, He is expected to take Juliette's side. A side that did not exist. What he did was to stand up and protect his unborn child and mother, as a sworn law enforcement officer.

So this is where I come in and call "SOME", delusional, wackos BS artists. If he was taking a side, just after they just broke up, how come it was OK for her to hook up with, of all people, Sean, His boss with a past history?

What do you get as a reply? "Well that's my opinion".
I wasn't pointing out a difference of opinions, I was asking, why the double standards?

Welcome to the New World Order where "The truth shall set you FREE".

Oh let them come. Smile If anyone attacks Rosalee we'll see how long they want to play "okay, let's look at canon". We can start at the pilot and take it from there if we must. And I'll spin in circles for her if that's needed. Heart

And just for the record:
Juliette: Do it, Nick. Kill me. Just do it. Do it.
(4.22 Cry Havoc)

So much for accepting who she became. It's clearly not something that made her happy.

(04-27-2018, 09:45 AM)Zansy Wrote: Well, to be fair. The Captain of the Precinct who had a pretty good idea who Juliette was and what the situation was, was standing in that hallway, too. So let's just say. There was at least one more person around who could've potentially made that call. And at that point I'm pretty sure Renard's orders would've been followed at least as easily as Nick's?

I think they were all looking at how Nick handled the situation. He didn't seem distressed, and any cop looking at him would have saw that. Wu asked him if there was a problem, Nick told him there was not. I don't think Nick viewed it as a deadly situation.

(04-27-2018, 09:45 AM)Zansy Wrote: According to the Scoobies they're trying to help Juliette get back what she lost (they might still assume that she wants that? She did earlier in the season). And Nick does sound as if he's still not done hoping they might work through things if she stops being a Hexenbiest. But I'd also reckon that they realize that she's a threat (definitely to Adalind, but after torching the trailer and her earlier bar brawl, also at least potentially to others) and the Scoobies have this tendency to try to stop Wesen who're a threat to the community.

Or it could be as Nick pointed out when Juliette said she liked who she was. He responded (and I am paraphrasing here) by stating he did not.