Grimm Forum
Eve/Juliette - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Eve/Juliette (/Thread-Eve-Juliette)

RE: Eve/Juliette - irukandji - 04-15-2018

(04-15-2018, 06:57 PM)dicappatore Wrote: [instead of making snide remarks and then wondering why some call you names, why not try to reply to the question asked to prove your point instead of trying to be a sarcastic amateur at best. Gees, you wonder why you aren't taken serious, bla bla bla

(Laughs) You're just ticked because you're a 10 minute wonder when it comes to keeping your word. Why would anything you state be taken seriously?

RE: Eve/Juliette - dicappatore - 04-16-2018

(04-15-2018, 07:19 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(04-15-2018, 06:57 PM)dicappatore Wrote: [instead of making snide remarks and then wondering why some call you names, why not try to reply to the question asked to prove your point instead of trying to be a sarcastic amateur at best. Gees, you wonder why you aren't taken serious, bla bla bla

(Laughs) You're just ticked because you're a 10 minute wonder when it comes to keeping your word. Why would anything you state be taken seriously?

My word? Which word was that the first bla? or the other bla?

RE: Eve/Juliette - irukandji - 04-16-2018

(04-15-2018, 06:40 PM)syscrash Wrote: Here is another point. Nick had Adalind pinned to the ground while she was in full woge. That was when he acted like he was going to kiss her and she bit his lip after un woging. He was not repulsed by Adalinds woge. Even when Nick was proving it was him during the transformation. Nick referred to it as their first kiss. Which is interesting because Nick and Juliette where still together then. So using a lose definition of the subject. Nick was the first to cheat.

It's a sure thing Nick never confided that little first kiss to Juliette either.

RE: Eve/Juliette - Robyn - 04-16-2018

(04-15-2018, 06:40 PM)syscrash Wrote: Here is another point. Nick had Adalind pinned to the ground while she was in full woge. That was when he acted like he was going to kiss her and she bit his lip after un woging. He was not repulsed by Adalinds woge. Even when Nick was proving it was him during the transformation. Nick referred to it as their first kiss. Which is interesting because Nick and Juliette where still together then. So using a lose definition of the subject. Nick was the first to cheat.
This is interesting, and more focused on Nick still pretending to his friends that he and Adalind didn’t have a relationship beyond co-parenting, something I hadn’t given much consideration.

But. When Nick referenced the kiss of death, the writers had decided Nick/Adalind was the relationship endgame. So, had they decided instead that Nick/Juliette-Eve was the relationship endgame, would Nick reference it as his and Adalind’s first kiss or as something vile he had to do in order to save Hank? I’m simply analyzing the context in which Nick might consider it a kiss vs. a nauseating task.

(04-16-2018, 06:06 AM)Robyn Wrote:
This is interesting, and more focused on Nick still pretending to his friends that he and Adalind didn’t have a relationship beyond co-parenting, something I hadn’t given much consideration.

But. When Nick referenced the kiss of death, the writers had decided Nick/Adalind was the relationship endgame. So, had they decided instead that Nick/Juliette-Eve was the relationship endgame, would Nick reference it as his and Adalind’s first kiss or as something vile he had to do in order to save Hank? I’m simply analyzing the context in which Nick might consider it a kiss vs. a nauseating task.

IMO, both of you are making some big "dot" connection out of thin air. Again reading more into what occurred, with "hindsight is 20/20" than there was. Would you two have been making these same "connecting dots assumptions" if they did not end up as a couple? Did you predict the N/A arc so early on that for most of us overlooked? I don't think so. The so called kiss was not intended as a romantic interlude.

As I recall, they were fighting one more epic battle of a Grimm vs a Hexenbiest. But what do I know, I am not the expert on Wesen/Grimm relationships. Maybe thats how Grimms and Hex's have sex, they kick each others asses in a cold humid mossy covered outdoor woods environment.

The reference that you two mention, later on when they are both living in the fome, was more of a sarcastic remark on how they both ended up compared how they started up. I guess for some, their deep insight saw the N/A relationship that early on. I am confused, some of the same argue that in that last scene in S6, E13, when Kelly was adding to the Grimm Book that he wasn't referring to Nick as his father.

Adalind was never intended to have become part of the permanent supporting cast and because of it, writers weren't planning or predict where the character arc took them, that early on and i do believe they admitted it, especially when their arc was never intended to go that far.

Take the 1st Star Wars movie and the following one where we see a romantic interest between Luke and Leia. Do you think is Lucas had original planned them to be twins would have them written in such a matter with romantic intent between the two and even them kissing romantically? Maybe it wouldn't be much of a shock after watching Games of Thrones, but I don't think Lucas was targeting a similar audience at that time that GoT current audiences indulges in.

Try this, type in Google "Nick Adalind's first kiss" and see how many hits you get referencing that fight? Better yet, for a special one, try Google for "Nick cheating on Juliette". Se how many more hits you get there. But what does the majority know when we have others the ability to have foreseen what the creative team had intended all along.

Sorry, IMO I have to chalk this one to "hindsight is 20/20" instead of some ingenious extrapolation of "writers intent" or some other ploy of connecting unexpected dots. Let me repeat, I am not the expert on Wesen/Grimm relationships. And we all have the right to express an opinion. I am not questioning the opinion. I am questioning the reasoning on your "dot connection" of pure fantasy aka, Fan Fictions.

Maybe, just maybe, some contributors brains aren't actually connecting dots. Maybe, just maybe, their brains are yelling out dots connected to dashes in a pattern as "... --- ..." or better yet " .... . .-.. .--." and are trying to say something else. Try to connect them in Morse Code, your brain is trying to tell you something else.

RE: Eve/Juliette - syscrash - 04-16-2018

Quote:If you are replying to my post, again, you are deflecting my question. If a bite on her lips to remove her Hex, is considered cheating is fine, but my post wasn't about cheating, it was about her demanding a kiss while she voge and not requesting the same from others. A great example is in your own words. Wesen liked to have sex in voge, why did Juliette only wanted to be in voge with Nick and not Sean or Ken?
First I pointed out that using a lose definition of the word , you could consider Nick as the first to cheat. I was making that point because we know his actions was to get her to bite his lip. But Nicks was the one that said it was their first kiss. Adalind is the one that said it was not a kiss.
The purpose of the statement was to show and example of Nick not being repulsed by a woged Adalind, yet was repulsed by a woged Juliette.
We do not know if Juliette woged for Sean or Ken. But I pointed out times when Sean had woged sex with other. meaning it is not beyond belief that he had woged sex with Juliette. I also pointed out the Eric and the King find hexenbiest beautiful, I then surmised the Kenneth most likely was the same.

Quote: I am confused, some of the same argue that in that last scene in S6, E13, when Kelly was adding to the Grimm Book that he wasn't referring to Nick as his father.
It was Diana that said mother and father are waiting. I argue that Nick is not her father. others made the comment that he is her stepfather so she could have been referring to Nick. I argue that as old as she was and Sean being in her life. It is more then likely she would refer to Nick as Nick and not her father. Especial as possessive as Sean character is. It is hard to believe that Sean would go for Someone else be refereed to as her father. Plus as upset as Nick got when Sean referred to Kelly as his, why would he want to do the same with Diana.

Who Diana was referring to can not be proven one way or the other. For every argument you can make for one you can make for the other. It was left ambiguous on purpose because to be definitive would upset one camp of the other. This way each camp can have it which ever way make them happy.

RE: Eve/Juliette - Robyn - 04-16-2018

(04-16-2018, 09:07 AM)dicappatore Wrote: IMO, both of you are making some big "dot" connection out of thin air. Again reading more into what occurred, with "hindsight is 20/20" than there was. Would you two have been making these same "connecting dots assumptions" if they did not end up as a couple? Did you predict the N/A arc so early on that for most of us overlooked? I don't think so. The so called kiss was not intended as a romantic interlude.

As I recall, they were fighting one more epic battle of a Grimm vs a Hexenbiest. But what do I know, I am not the expert on Wesen/Grimm relationships. Maybe thats how Grimms and Hex's have sex, they kick each others asses in a cold humid mossy covered outdoor woods environment.

The reference that you two mention, later on when they are both living in the fome, was more of a sarcastic remark on how they both ended up compared how they started up. I guess for some, their deep insight saw the N/A relationship that early on. I am confused, some of the same argue that in that last scene in S6, E13, when Kelly was adding to the Grimm Book that he wasn't referring to Nick as his father.

Adalind was never intended to have become part of the permanent supporting cast and because of it, writers weren't planning or predict where the character arc took them, that early on and i do believe they admitted it, especially when their arc was never intended to go that far.

Take the 1st Star Wars movie and the following one where we see a romantic interest between Luke and Leia. Do you think is Lucas had original planned them to be twins would have them written in such a matter with romantic intent between the two and even them kissing romantically? Maybe it wouldn't be much of a shock after watching Games of Thrones, but I don't think Lucas was targeting a similar audience at that time that GoT current audiences indulges in.

Try this, type in Google "Nick Adalind's first kiss" and see how many hits you get referencing that fight? Better yet, for a special one, try Google for "Nick cheating on Juliette". Se how many more hits you get there. But what does the majority know when we have others the ability to have foreseen what the creative team had intended all along.

Sorry, IMO I have to chalk this one to "hindsight is 20/20" instead of some ingenious extrapolation of "writers intent" or some other ploy of connecting unexpected dots. Let me repeat, I am not the expert on Wesen/Grimm relationships. And we all have the right to express an opinion. I am not questioning the opinion. I am questioning the reasoning on your "dot connection" of pure fantasy aka, Fan Fictions.

Maybe, just maybe, some contributors brains aren't actually connecting dots. Maybe, just maybe, their brains are yelling out dots connected to dashes in a pattern as "... --- ..." or better yet " .... . .-.. .--." and are trying to say something else. Try to connect them in Morse Code, your brain is trying to tell you something else.
Again with the rant about connecting dots. You’re the only one seeing imaginary dots. Syscrash only commented on Nick referring to taking Adalind’s powers as a kiss. I questioned the writers’ reasoning for having him refer to that particular interaction. Everything discussed after the show ended is with the benefit of hindsight. But there wasn’t any mention - other than by you - that Nick & Adalind’s battle might have had romantic rather than deadly connotations.

If you have the time and interest in searching the web for Nick and Adalind references, knock yourself out. Perhaps you’ll run across more imaginary dots to rant about.

(04-16-2018, 03:03 PM)syscrash Wrote:
Quote:If you are replying to my post, again, you are deflecting my question. If a bite on her lips to remove her Hex, is considered cheating is fine, but my post wasn't about cheating, it was about her demanding a kiss while she voge and not requesting the same from others. A great example is in your own words. Wesen liked to have sex in voge, why did Juliette only wanted to be in voge with Nick and not Sean or Ken?
First I pointed out that using a lose definition of the word , you could consider Nick as the first to cheat. I was making that point because we know his actions was to get her to bite his lip. But Nicks was the one that said it was their first kiss. Adalind is the one that said it was not a kiss.
The purpose of the statement was to show and example of Nick not being repulsed by a woged Adalind, yet was repulsed by a woged Juliette.
We do not know if Juliette woged for Sean or Ken. But I pointed out times when Sean had woged sex with other. meaning it is not beyond belief that he had woged sex with Juliette. I also pointed out the Eric and the King find hexenbiest beautiful, I then surmised the Kenneth most likely was the same.

Quote: I am confused, some of the same argue that in that last scene in S6, E13, when Kelly was adding to the Grimm Book that he wasn't referring to Nick as his father.
It was Diana that said mother and father are waiting. I argue that Nick is not her father. others made the comment that he is her stepfather so she could have been referring to Nick. I argue that as old as she was and Sean being in her life. It is more then likely she would refer to Nick as Nick and not her father. Especial as possessive as Sean character is. It is hard to believe that Sean would go for Someone else be refereed to as her father. Plus as upset as Nick got when Sean referred to Kelly as his, why would he want to do the same with Diana.

Who Diana was referring to can not be proven one way or the other. For every argument you can make for one you can make for the other. It was left ambiguous on purpose because to be definitive would upset one camp of the other. This way each camp can have it which ever way make them happy.

1st point, if you can not distinguish a loving making out kiss to an attack to get her to bite him, well, what can I say? May I recommend a refresher course on "The Birds and the Bees". Besides, if you really check the facts and pay attention to what is on the screen, she was voge as a Hex during the fight. After he pins her down, she drops her hag look.

When Nick goes down for your so called "Loving Kiss" she is not in the "Hag Look'. Just one more case of how you jokers and fake insightful contributors post crap and expect others to believe your made up crap being factual. A little tweak her, a little tweak there, BAMM, New Made up SCENE that never existed. How do those facts play in your "writer's intent"? Yet I am being accused of seeing the tree and not the forest while you see past the tree growing under the waterfall. Yea, BS.

John 8:32; Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

2nd point. Most kids growing up in a home with step parents will refer to them and mom and dad, mother and father or what ever else they use to refer them as a parent instead of their 1st names. Especially if the kids are introduced to their step parents at a young age. Diane was young. I don't know how many kids you know that grew up in a home with step parents but most of them only distinguish them when they are discussing whom they are as a family relation.

Most will refer them as mother or father when talking to them or about them in the family environment or when they address them. I can not speak for all but I can speak for most of the ones I met Not as you claim, by their first name or stepmother or stepdad. If thats the best argument you can make to support more of your writers insight bull crap, good luck. Yet, some loons have the nerve to label me as insulting?

RE: Eve/Juliette - Henry of green - 04-16-2018

(04-16-2018, 03:03 PM)syscrash Wrote:
The purpose of the statement was to show and example of Nick not being repulsed by a woged Adalind, yet was repulsed by a woged Juliette. Also Dianias other mommy kelly I never seen her while body that head could be fake maybe she’s the Mommy at the end

Its not left ambigous you just refuse to accept how the show ended, the writers have said in two interviews Nick and Adalind are still togther in the end. Grimm wiki that site you often use to try and correct others can accept what the writers say in the post mortem interviews but claery you cant because it doesnt back your views. If the writers wanted to be truly ambiguous as you claim then why did they respond by saying yes the fair when asked we get the sense Nick and Adlalind are still together in the end. Surely if they wanted it to be ambiguous they would have simply responded with, there is a possibility they are together yes or yes that’s one way to look at it, but they didn’t they give a clear yes that’s fair. They also put Renard in a different category stating it’s up to viewers to decide what happened to Renard, Eve and trubel but they probably formed together to figth. Why did they put Renard in a different category in the interview if there is a chance he is the father. you can’t point to one interview were they even hint Renard could be the father not one.

If you truly want to be ambiguous then I have an idea then Eric Renard could also be the father at the series end as it was never truly proven Renard was Diania father and we never saw Erics dead body. Also Dianas other mommy kelly, I never saw her whole body that head could be a fake, she and Eric are the mom and dad at the end it makes about as much sense as you claiming Renard rises his daughter to be a Grimm by choice.

RE: Eve/Juliette - syscrash - 04-16-2018

Quote:When Nick goes down for your so called "Loving Kiss" she is not in the "Hag Look'.
I never said loving kiss. I did not even say it was a kiss. Nick proving it was him said it was a kiss. Second it was not the kiss of bite or what ever it was that I was referring to. I was referring to Nick having her pinned on the ground , was looking directly into her woged face. showing he was not repulsed. He was moving towards her before she un woged. What funny is you say it is made by using things I did not even say. there is now where that you can quote that I said loving kiss. You can not even quote that I said they kissed. I said Nick said it was their first kiss. A big difference.

As for How children address a step parent. Age is a consideration. But the biggest thing is the relationship they have with the other parent. If the other parent stays prominent in the child's life. That is who they refer to as their dad or mom. What you are not considering is in the past the other parent would become an absent parent. This had a lot to due with judges feeling that it would be disruptive for the other parent to be around. Now days judges are awarding joint custody. Meaning the other parent can stay very active in the child's life.

Quote:Its not left ambigous you just refuse to accept ho wthe show ended the writers have siad in two interview Nick and Adaling are still togther in the end.
You answered you own question. the question was asked if Nick and Adalind are still together. The writers answered that fair. That is not definitive. That is saying if you see it as them still together then the show supports that theory. But that does not eliminate other theories. That is what is meant by ambiguous. There are multiple valid theories. Unlike your statement of Diana could be Eric's we know Adalind sleep with Eric but that would not be a fair assumption.
Look at the other interviews they did. You will notice they never give a definitive answer. If you notice they will agree with a theory even if it contradicts a previous question. Take the question about Juliette being dead. Every plausible theory got where acknowledged as being a fair assumption. The other question that was put forth with multiple theories was did they all die or did Nick just think they all died. Both theories received a positive acknowledgement of being a fair way of seeing it. there where other times people came up with theories where the Writers commented that is a good idea wish we had thought of it.