Grimm Forum
Eve/Juliette - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Eve/Juliette (/Thread-Eve-Juliette)

RE: Eve/Juliette - New Guy - 01-05-2016

(01-05-2016, 03:21 PM)Sable677 Wrote:
(01-05-2016, 03:10 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: I always thought Sean Renard was a the hardest character to act, because of all the baggage the character has. Some have put him with Eve does anyone see that? I think it the camera girl betting 2 cents on her not Eve.

I am thinking that its the woman helping with filming the ad as well. That would tie into Sean's political story. Eve would be a retread of what happened last season.
Hi Sable,
Good choice of words! Eve is a retread! She used to be part of something larger (Grimm TV show) that helped move it along the road (plot line). Now she is detached and just useless roadside trash. A hazardous eyesore needing to be removed from view.
New Guy

RE: Eve/Juliette - jsgrimm45 - 01-06-2016

What if the Eve hexen was able to revived the body of Julette would we think Juliette is dead? I wouldn't but I'm not the writer. That is why we seen the quick change. Thoughts idea?

RE: Eve/Juliette - syscrash - 01-06-2016

(01-06-2016, 04:54 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: What if the Eve hexen was able to revived the body of Julette would we think Juliette is dead? I wouldn't but I'm not the writer. That is why we seen the quick change. Thoughts idea?
You are suggesting would we hold Eve responsible for Juliette's actions if Eve is a resurrected Juliette. The same would be true if Eve is a possessed Juliette.

It might give us closure on what Juliette did. But it would give us the feeling of Eve being a parasite. The way I see them doing it is. Eve empathizes with the groups feelings. But her response is get over it. That was Juliette, I am Eve. She will have a reason for Juliette's actions, she just won't look for others approval of her reason.

RE: Eve/Juliette - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 01-06-2016

(01-06-2016, 04:54 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: What if the Eve hexen was able to revived the body of Julette would we think Juliette is dead? I wouldn't but I'm not the writer. That is why we seen the quick change. Thoughts idea?

Jsgrimm45, what if something like double personality? Where one personality kills another?

This has being used in many movies and books like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.

Personally that is an answer that I wouldn't like. But the writers may have think about it. The Eve personality can have being created by the hexanbiest spirit. A born hexanbiest may have control or recognize both personalities but a made hexanbiest may have problems because the human personality may reject the new hexanbiest one.

RE: Eve/Juliette - jsgrimm45 - 01-07-2016

(01-06-2016, 07:47 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote:

Jsgrimm45, what if something like double personality? Where one personality kills another?

Personally that is an answer that I wouldn't like. But the writers may have think about it. The Eve personality can have being created by the hexanbiest spirit. A born hexanbiest may have control or recognize both personalities but a made hexanbiest may have problems because the human personality may reject the new hexanbiest one.
The Jekyll and Hyde point is right on track. In this case the body died Jekyll and hexen Hyde lived.

RE: Eve/Juliette - New Guy - 01-07-2016

(01-07-2016, 07:02 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:

The Jekyll and Hyde point is right on track. In this case the body died Jekyll and hexen Hyde lived.
Greetings JS and Adriano,
Your examination of the Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde made me curious. I found this post interesting:
http://www.tor.com/2012/06/22/what-everybody-gets-wrong-about-jekyll-and-hyde/
As I read it, the Strange Case of Dr. Silverton and Ms. Hexenette seems very similar.
Regardless, the only way to rid society of the menace of Hyde was to kill him. The Grimm writers made two mistakes. First this is the Grimm program, not the Dr. Silverton/Ms. Eve show. Second, they had her (them?) killed, but decided to throw in some Frankenstein and make it the Eve show.
The writers have put this entire show in jeopardy. Eve is Juliette. Death is meaningless, so life is also meaningless. Their conundrum may not have a solution that is viably acceptable to Nick and the viewers. That is too bad. Grimm was a good concept and very entertaining. Can it be rescued?
New Guy

RE: Eve/Juliette - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 01-07-2016

(01-07-2016, 07:46 AM)New Guy Wrote:
(01-07-2016, 07:02 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:

Greetings JS and Adriano,
Your examination of the Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde made me curious. I found this post interesting:
http://www.tor.com/2012/06/22/what-everybody-gets-wrong-about-jekyll-and-hyde/
As I read it, the Strange Case of Dr. Silverton and Ms. Hexenette seems very similar.
Regardless, the only way to rid society of the menace of Hyde was to kill him. The Grimm writers made two mistakes. First this is the Grimm program, not the Dr. Silverton/Ms. Eve show. Second, they had her (them?) killed, but decided to throw in some Frankenstein and make it the Eve show.
The writers have put this entire show in jeopardy. Eve is Juliette. Death is meaningless, so life is also meaningless. Their conundrum may not have a solution that is viably acceptable to Nick and the viewers. That is too bad. Grimm was a good concept and very entertaining. Can it be rescued?
New Guy

New Guy I have read the link you post and that is subject for a new post if you want. Think about it:

Using Hyde and Jekyll analogy, did the reversion potion used by Nick and Juliette free the real intentions of Juliette?

The potion did to Nick what Nick wanted to be; a Grimm.

What about Juliette? Maybe she wanted to be part of the wesen world and not just to see it. Maybe she wanted to make Nick suffer not because he didn't accept her as hexanbiest... But because he was part of something that she didn't could go in until became a hexanbiest.

Maybe Eve is the result of those feelings. Maybe Eve is what Juliette always wanted to be.

Obs I agree with you about the show being about grimm. But as the writers gave us Eve, why not have same fun comparing she to Hyde and Jekyll?

Obs I am just brainstorming. Maybe someone can take this ideas and create a better theory.

RE: Eve/Juliette - wfmyers1207 - 01-07-2016

(01-05-2016, 02:08 PM)speakeasy Wrote:
(01-05-2016, 01:50 PM)Sable677 Wrote:
(01-05-2016, 12:00 PM)speakeasy Wrote:
(01-05-2016, 10:14 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: @speakeasy. I agree with you about Sean. Many fans seem to think of him as evil. But I've always run him some slack because of what happened during his childhood.

Having members of your own family and their flunkies trying to hunt you down and kill you when you are just a kid!!?? That could distort anyone's perception of the world! Confused

It's kinda lonely here in the Renard supporter section of the Forum, isn't it - we need to have a membership drive to swell our ranks to more than two! Probably be dangerous, tho', haha. Glad to know of at least one other supporter out there! Smile

Another Sean fan here checking in.

Yea! We few, we happy few, we band of Renard Grimmsters....

Got a little carried away, but it's great to know there's another fan around, Sable677, great hearing from you!

Truly my sister! Gentlemen now safe asleep in Vienna shall hold their man hoods cheap that they were not with us and Prince Sean!!Big Grin

RE: Eve/Juliette - New Guy - 01-07-2016

Hi Adriano,
Thanks for commenting.
The Jekyll/Hyde concept makes a good plot line, but in the Grimm setting it could fail to entertain. The Jack the Ripper plot was a flop (IMO).
The "Trouble With Eve" is it makes Grimm "All About Eve." I am interested in a Grimm show that is "All About Grimm."
The writers and cast have tried hard to claim that Juliette is dead. Eve appears to have Juliette's body and we are told she has Juliette's memories. Forensic examination of "Eve" would likely indicate beyond reasonable doubt that she is Juliette. Since Juliette is dead, Eve must be some corpse walking around exploding heads.
The allure of Grimm is to bring viewers into the realm where reality and fantasy co-exist. Season 2 had some zombie plot line, but those killed were truly dead. The writers pulled that one off, but I doubt there is a viable explanation that Juliette is dead, but Eve is not.
New Guy

RE: Eve/Juliette - jsgrimm45 - 01-07-2016

(01-07-2016, 11:24 AM)New Guy Wrote: Hi Adriano,
Thanks for commenting.
The Jekyll/Hyde concept makes a good plot line, but in the Grimm setting it could fail to entertain. The Jack the Ripper plot was a flop (IMO).
The "Trouble With Eve" is it makes Grimm "All About Eve." I am interested in a Grimm show that is "All About Grimm."
The writers and cast have tried hard to claim that Juliette is dead. Eve appears to have Juliette's body and we are told she has Juliette's memories. Forensic examination of "Eve" would likely indicate beyond reasonable doubt that she is Juliette. Since Juliette is dead, Eve must be some corpse walking around exploding heads.
The allure of Grimm is to bring viewers into the realm where reality and fantasy co-exist. Season 2 had some zombie plot line, but those killed were truly dead. The writers pulled that one off, but I doubt there is a viable explanation that Juliette is dead, but Eve is not.
New Guy
I agree so far season 5 has not played out well some very poor writing. Like Nick being bested by one Skalengeck he had far far better fights, but Eve has to save the day. I'm still a big fan just looking for better writing to clear out these mistakes.