Grimm Forum
Eve/Juliette - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Eve/Juliette (/Thread-Eve-Juliette)

RE: Eve/Juliette - brandon - 03-02-2018

I think that love is not enough for a relationship to follow and that is the case-Juliette and Nick-,On the other hand, that did not happen with Adalind and Nick-
Although also one will not want in the same way when he is 18 years old than when he is 30 years old.
I think Nick and Adalind discovered that had more things in common and dreams,
that were not as different as they would have thought

RE: Eve/Juliette - dicappatore - 03-02-2018

(03-02-2018, 06:35 AM)brandon Wrote: I think that love is not enough for a relationship to follow and that is the case-Juliette and Nick-,On the other hand, that did not happen with Adalind and Nick-
Although also one will not want in the same way when he is 18 years old than when he is 30 years old.
I think Nick and Adalind discovered that had more things in common and dreams,
that were not as different as they would have thought

I see that you also seen the flaws in those two characters, as they were presented on the show. I always said, after Juliette was awaken from the coma to the time she started to show affection for Sean. With the "Nick" factor removed from her life. We saw a side of Juliette that was no where near compatible to the Nick we got to know. She had a snobbish superlative attitude that was not a great match to the Nick persona. This is more proof of the lack of chemistry between Nick and Juliette

RE: Eve/Juliette - Hell Rell - 03-02-2018

(03-02-2018, 05:15 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-01-2018, 02:49 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: As for my general outlook, I don't think it's cynical to believe that love isn't enough. There are other factors that come into play. My key words were obstacles, danger, and, lies. All of those things combined are too much to overcome despite the love.

But if that's the case, why then would anyone be expected to buy into a Nick/Adalind love affair?

As much as some may not want to hear it, having a child together is a gigantic factor.

Other than that, Nick and Adalind were in just as much danger apart as they were together unlike Juliette who would've been relatively safe had she not been with Nick.

Also, two major factors working against Nick and Adalind were keeping her Hexenbiest returning a secret for a while and Nick not telling her he found the stick. Both of these issues were resolved going into the final season. How many times did they lie to each other while in the relationship? Most of their issues came from before they hooked up unlike Nick and Juliette.

The only other thing that could've stood in their way was Diana not liking Nick but that was resolved as well.

RE: Eve/Juliette - irukandji - 03-02-2018

Nick and Adalind did not have a child together consensually. The child resulted as the result of a trick. Also, had Adalind not crawled back into his life at the precinct, Nick would have never known about his child. It seemed G&K were under the Neanderthal assumption that because Nick had a son, he should completely change his outlook and take Adalind into his home.

Quote:Hell Rell wrote:
Other than that, Nick and Adalind were in just as much danger apart as they were together unlike Juliette who would've been relatively safe had she not been with Nick.

I know many blame Juliette for simply not evaluating the situation, packing it up, and leaving Nick for greener pastures.

Nick was presented early on as the different type of grimm, one who protects the innocent. While I don't see a strong romantic chemistry between Nick and Juliette, the one thing I did see between them was a strong friendship chemistry, and that could speak of a type of love between them. A strong kind of chemistry like that could have prevented Juliette from leaving Nick, along with a misguided notion that, because he's out there fighting and protecting the good, he would eventually get around to protecting her too.

RE: Eve/Juliette - New Guy - 03-02-2018

(03-02-2018, 11:43 AM)irukandji Wrote: I know many blame Juliette for simply not evaluating the situation, packing it up, and leaving Nick for greener pastures.
Hello Iruk,
For me the question comes at 2.12, "Season of the Hexenbiest." Juliette has been treating Nick like dirt. The episode ends as:
Quote:Nick enters Juliette's bedroom and says that he won't sleep on the couch anymore. He takes his things and goes to move in with Monroe. Monroe tells him that he recognized the man he saw Juliette kiss from TV, and then shows him a recording of Captain Renard giving a press conference.
Why didn't he tell her to pack up and leave his house? Was he so blinded by love that rationality escaped him? Could he not see her true personality? Even finding his mother's head in a box didn't cure him.
Would Grimm be in season seven if Nick ditched the bitch and set himself free to become a lone wolf Grimm?
N G

RE: Eve/Juliette - Robyn - 03-02-2018

Am I completely confused about what happened to Juliette? I thought:

1) Adalind’s spell put Juliette in a coma that would likely result in death

2) Catherine came up with up with a spell that would allow Renard to wake Juliette with a kiss which resulted in Renard and Juliette having an attraction that would result in them eventually killing each other

3) Rosalee came up with a spell that broke the R/J attraction and restored Juliette’s memory, but caused weird hallucinations/happenings for a while

Yes? No? Sort of?

If I’m even close to remembering this correctly, what exactly did Juliette do other than not get angry at Nick and hold him responsible for what happened to her?

(03-02-2018, 04:01 AM)Henry of green Wrote: Infact the writers knew who was the most popular of the two couples judging by thier reaction to Adalind wining in the yahoo poll they conducted as to who Nick should end up with, as they admit below the thougth Adalind would win even before getting the poll results but were surprised by how wide a margin she won by.

DAVID GREENWALT AND JIM KOUF RESPOND: Greenwalt knew this question would mobilize Grimmaniacs and both guessed that Adalind would win the popularity contest, but they didn’t think it would be by such a landslide. “

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/grimm-ask-the-fans-nick-adalind-juliette-170633469.html

I’m not sure how dependable the pole is considering it’s more likely to draw the enthusiasm of shippers rather than viewers in general who prefer the best overall dynamic for the show. But assuming the results weren’t N/A shipper bias, it’s reasonable that after four seasons of a woe-is-me infested Nick/Juliette relationship, Nick paired with any female character would be preferable to continuing Nick/Juliette.

If taking an objective look at Nick/Adalind, they also had trust issues and each kept secrets from the other. The only defining difference was that Adalind was absolutely certain she wanted to be with Nick, and was willing to patiently wait for him to want her. So while Nick/Adalind might have been better/easier for Nick than Nick/Juliette because Adalind was completely accepting of his Grimm activities/responsibilities, was it a healthier relationship?

RE: Eve/Juliette - Hell Rell - 03-02-2018

(03-02-2018, 11:43 AM)irukandji Wrote: Nick and Adalind did not have a child together consensually. The child resulted as the result of a trick. Also, had Adalind not crawled back into his life at the precinct, Nick would have never known about his child. It seemed G&K were under the Neanderthal assumption that because Nick had a son, he should completely change his outlook and take Adalind into his home.

You already know what I think about Nick and Adalind's "wild afternoon". You're probably right about how G&K approached but it doesn't change the fact that Nick felt responsible for them. He said as much in Clear and Wesen Danger. Their feelings grew from there and my thoughts about how they approached their relationship is already on record.

(03-02-2018, 11:43 AM)irukandji Wrote:

I know many blame Juliette for simply not evaluating the situation, packing it up, and leaving Nick for greener pastures.

Nick was presented early on as the different type of grimm, one who protects the innocent. While I don't see a strong romantic chemistry between Nick and Juliette, the one thing I did see between them was a strong friendship chemistry, and that could speak of a type of love between them. A strong kind of chemistry like that could have prevented Juliette from leaving Nick, along with a misguided notion that, because he's out there fighting and protecting the good, he would eventually get around to protecting her too.

They're both to blame for ending the relationship. They stayed together because they were in love. It's not a horrible thing at but there were consequences for that decision. Monroe and Rosalee and Nick and Adalind also faced consequences. They just weren't as drastic which is weird considering Monroe was kidnapped and nearly died while Nick had to watch his new family be held hostage by BC.

(03-02-2018, 02:50 PM)Robyn Wrote: Am I completely confused about what happened to Juliette? I thought:

2) Catherine came up with up with a spell that would allow Renard to wake Juliette with a kiss which resulted in Renard and Juliette having an attraction that would result in them eventually killing each other

3) Rosalee came up with a spell that broke the R/J attraction and restored Juliette’s memory, but caused weird hallucinations/happenings for a while

Yes? No? Sort of?

If I’m even close to remembering this correctly, what exactly did Juliette do other than not get angry at Nick and hold him responsible for what happened to her?

I've stated several times how completely unfair I thought people were being to Juliette for what happened in season 2. Nick kicking her out would've turned him into an irredeemable dick. Juliette isn't at fault at all for what happened in season 2. I feel like what happened in season 4 makes some people blame Juliette for everything. For some reason, season 2 Juliette gets judged as if she were season 4 Juliette all along.

RE: Eve/Juliette - Henry of green - 03-02-2018

(03-02-2018, 03:10 PM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(03-02-2018, 11:43 AM)irukandji Wrote: Nick and Adalind did not have a child together consensually. The child resulted as the result of a trick. Also, had Adalind not crawled back into his life at the precinct, Nick would have never known about his child. It seemed G&K were under the Neanderthal assumption that because Nick had a son, he should completely change his outlook and take Adalind into his home.

You already know what I think about Nick and Adalind's "wild afternoon". You're probably right about how G&K approached but it doesn't change the fact that Nick felt responsible for them. He said as much in Clear and Wesen Danger. Their feelings grew from there and my thoughts about how they approached their relationship is already on record.

(03-02-2018, 11:43 AM)irukandji Wrote:

They're both to blame for ending the relationship. They stayed together because they were in love. It's not a horrible thing at but there were consequences for that decision. Monroe and Rosalee and Nick and Adalind also faced consequences. They just weren't as drastic which is weird considering Monroe was kidnapped and nearly died while Nick had to watch his new family be held hostage by BC.

(03-02-2018, 02:50 PM)Robyn Wrote: Am I completely confused about what happened to Juliette? I thought:

Yes? No? Sort of?

I've stated several times how completely unfair I thought people were being to Juliette for what happened in season 2. Nick kicking her out would've turned him into an irredeemable dick. Juliette isn't at fault at all for what happened in season 2. I feel like what happened in season 4 makes some people blame Juliette for everything. For some reason, season 2 Juliette gets judged as if she were season 4 Juliette all along.

I also think the criticism of season 2 Juliette is unfair nonsense she was very annoying but that situation was hardly her fault, Adalind holds all the blame for season 2 Juliette as it was her who caused the comma with a cat scratch. Comparing seasons 2 and season 4 Juliette is like apples and oranges, season 4 Juliette chose to help Nick and was turned her into a raging witch as a consequence of helping Nick, her choice . Season 2 Juliette was given no such choice, hexenbitch Adalind put Juliette in a comma which caused Juliette’s annoying behavior in season 2.

Robyn, it wasn’t a shipper poll G&k asked the fans a number of poll questions it wasn’t just about Shipping some of the other questions for example were who’s your favorite recurring character and who’s your favorite character.

Below are the other tow parts of the poll

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/ask-the-fans-grimm-eps-are-sad-to-see-series-end-but-your-answers-to-their-burning-
questions-help-225506312.html

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/ask-the-fans-grimm-showrunners-want-your-answers-to-these-9-questions-150008002.html

Robyn, Are there healthier relationships certainly but you also have to remember compared to her relationship with Renard and her mother her living with Nick was a walk in the park. Nick didn’t slut shame or threaten Adalind like Renard did or send a crazed hexenbiest to kill her at her hotel or tell her she was useless, nothing but a pretty face. Nick didn’t throw her out in the street like her mother or tell her she was of no use anymore. Yes the Nick and Adalinds relationship was one sided for the majority of season 5 but Nick didn’t outright reject her like Renard or use her to do his dirty work then disgard her. I have often heard you compare her relationship with nick to her one with Renard and I have to disagree other than her being the only one in love in both relationships they are totally different, Nick didn’t use her for his own purposes like Renard or threaten her as Renard did in season 1.

Though by no means am I saying Nick was a saint as the writers often wrote Nick as being the better half of a one sided relationship, especially with Monrone for example. A lot of Nicks relationships with his scobbies could be classed as unhealthy to a certain degree as a lot of times they did more for him than he did for them. But they also benefited greatly from knowing Nick so it’s hard to really define wether the were unhealthy or not.

The worst worst things Nick ever did to Adalind during season 5 were not telling her he loved her when they slept together, not that big a deal if you aske me and hiding the stick from Adalind. Adalind even says to Boneparte in 5x20 Nick was good to her when he didn’t have to be which is true. Nick took Adalind in, yes for Kelly’s sake at first but he’s still the first person on the entire show who actually give Adalind the chance to mother her child. Yes he was involved in Diania’s kidnapping but as was every other person in Adalinds life including the child’s father. Nick also forgive Adalind right away for leaving with Kelly because he knew she was doing what she had to he didn’t hold any grudge agianst her for taking Kelly. In season 6 when they are in a full relationship there are no secrets between the two, Nick tells Adalind about the stick and she tells him about Diania and Rachel. Nicks tells Adalind he wants her and thougth he’d go crazy without her. Yes there pre relationship in season 5 was very one sided and not really as fleshed out as it should have been but this isn’t a very relationship based show other things take higher priority on the show like crime solving. So while you could certainly say season 5 relationship wasn’t healthy, their season 6 relationship was pretty healthy in my opinion anyway.

RE: Eve/Juliette - irukandji - 03-02-2018

(03-02-2018, 03:10 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: They're both to blame for ending the relationship. They stayed together because they were in love.

For me, it would be the reverse. They're to blame for prolonging the relationship when it became awkward for both of them.

RE: Eve/Juliette - Henry of green - 03-03-2018

(03-03-2018, 05:21 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-02-2018, 12:27 PM)New Guy Wrote: Why didn't he tell her to pack up and leave his house? Was he so blinded by love that rationality escaped him? N G

Hi New Guy-
In regard to your first question, I have wondered that myself. Nick fully bought into the grimm reality as presented by Aunt Marie. So why he didn't go one step further and tell Juliette to leave (per wise old Aunt Marie) is anyone's guess.

I do not see Nick as a man who could be blinded by love. If he were, he would have showered Juliette with gifts, wined and dined her, and certainly wouldn't have limited her to the once in a lifetime romantic getaway. Add further that he would have never given up after one proposal either.

Quote:quote='New Guy' pid='69399' dateline='1520018844']
Could he not see her true personality? Even finding his mother's head in a box didn't cure him. Would Grimm be in season seven if Nick ditched the bitch and set himself free to become a lone wolf Grimm?

In all fairness to Juliette, her personality as a human was very different from her personality as a hexenbiest. However, since your question put the spotlight on Nick, I thought I would add something here. Nick watched Adalind use her deadly hypo to kill Marie. While he hated Adalind, he never threatened to kill her. But yet when he sees his mother's head, he later tells the scoobies to "kill Juliette". Marie raised Nick for years just as Kelly had done. Yet he lets Marie's killer live, without her hexenbiest of course, but threatens to kill Juliette, who's tainted because of a spell. There's a very strange imbalance to Nick's thinking.

Adalind killed Marie, I must have missed that episode, the lasted I checked Marie died of a heart attack after fighting off her priest attacker while riddled with cancer . You claiming Adalind killed Marie is as nuts as the people who cliam Juliette physically killed Kelly. Adalind attempted to kill Marie and she failed. Everything you have written above is complete fiction and has nothing to do with the show how it was presented. Nick watched as Adalind used her deadly hypo to kill Marie? what on earth are you talking about she didn’t kill Marie, Adalind attempted to kill Marie and Nick stoped her and Adalind injected him instead. You could certainly say Renard and Adalind sending a preiset to kill Marie led to her dying of of natural causes due to the stress of fighting off an attack while dying with cancer but to claim anyone killed Marie is false narrative.