Grimm Forum
Eve/Juliette - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Eve/Juliette (/Thread-Eve-Juliette)

RE: Eve/Juliette - Hexenadler - 06-30-2017

(06-27-2017, 01:17 PM)silver Wrote: I've just started reading through this thread. That's what I think, too. I mean, he hadn't been a Grimm / aware of being one for all that long, so as far as I'm concerned, he had no reason to be 'that' shocked at her turning into a hexenbiest. Why was he that shocked? The true heart of Nick (bad part) instantaneously rejected her. At the time she needed him most. As a partnership for a few years, where did that empathy go to?

Exactly where the writers wanted it to go; right down the toilet. Three and a half years of character development, all trashed just to make Nick settle down with Adalind (another awful creative decision).

RE: Eve/Juliette - silver - 06-30-2017

Quote:Hexenadler said, "Exactly where the writers wanted it to go; right down the toilet. Three and a half years of character development, all trashed just to make Nick settle down with Adalind (another awful creative decision)."

One of THE WORST decisions - I am betting the farm that it soured a lot of viewers against the continuation of a show with such poor decision-making.

RE: Eve/Juliette - jsgrimm45 - 07-01-2017

If someone has posted this already sorry if I'm reposting your idea. Look at the Juliette change in maybe a different way. Juliette becomes a hexenbiest what do this do to Nick on a different level?

Juliette was Nick's base in the normal world, Monroe and later Rosalee were Nick base in the wesen world. Because a Grimm lives in both he has that abnormal life. Once Juliette becomes a hexenbiest his normal world base is gone.

Now for the most part remember I said most, men see their wife as their best friend but women see another woman as their best friend or so I've read. So now Nick has lost his best friend and lost his base in the normal world. So the question is does this change anything? Should that be added to why Nick acted the way he did?

RE: Eve/Juliette - dicappatore - 07-01-2017

(07-01-2017, 07:13 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: If someone has posted this already sorry if I'm reposting your idea. Look at the Juliette change in maybe a different way. Juliette becomes a hexenbiest what do this do to Nick on a different level?

Juliette was Nick's base in the normal world, Monroe and later Rosalee were Nick base in the wesen world. Because a Grimm lives in both he has that abnormal life. Once Juliette becomes a hexenbiest his normal world base is gone.

Now for the most part remember I said most, men see their wife as their best friend but women see another woman as their best friend or so I've read. So now Nick has lost his best friend and lost his base in the normal world. So the question is does this change anything? Should that be added to why Nick acted the way he did?
IMO, even if Nick, knowing Juliette was actually Adalind, and on purpose impregnated her for whatever reason. His mom and her neighbors did not deserve her wrath. Go after them two!

RE: Eve/Juliette - brandon - 07-01-2017

It is very natural that Nick would like to have a human companion.
Come back after a battle and find a good dinner, talk about other issues. It's not prejudice.
Not all police choose a police wife/husband or someone from the same profession.
To be a "Hexenbiest" is not a profession but it can be compared to real life this point of view.

RE: Eve/Juliette - dicappatore - 07-03-2017

Here is another tid-bit of information given by the script on the behavior of a Hexenbeist.

Season 2, Episode 21, The walking dead
Adalind talking to Stefania on the phone about her encounter with Frau Pech

Stefania; What, exactly, did she say?
Adalind; She said I might be worth more dead than alive.
Stefania; To the wrong buyer, yes. But we want you and your baby alive.
Adalind; She also said not to trust you.

Stefania; That's good advice, but trusting a Hexenbeist is far worse.
Hexenbeist are dangerous, unpredictable, and vindictive, as you well know.

Adalind; What are you going to do about it?
Stefania; I'm going to talk to her, I've known her for many years.

That’s in the script. Not my insight on what the characters are thinking. It’s dialoged and Juliette became one. That’s what she was. Not because I hate Juliette. I hate Juliette because she is what she has become.

RE: Eve/Juliette - dicappatore - 07-09-2017

Here is another scene where the Juliette naivete is clearly exposed Season 2, Episode 12, Season of the Hexenbiest. Juliette and Adalind in the coffee shop. Just after Monroe catches Juliette playing tonsil hockey with Sean in the spice shop.

This bimbo, after she comes out of her coma, is constantly told of her ills are related to Adalind’s cat scratch, by Nick, Monroe and the respected Pilar.

And what does she do? Meets up with her nemesis Adalind for coffee where you can clearly see how Juliette is totally oblivious to Adalind’s interrogating her for info on the whereabouts of the trailer, and succeeds, so Sean can go have a look-see for the key.

Even after Adalind brings up the subject and she is again warned by Nick over the phone before Adalind’s arrest. She still is so frekin stupid. This dumb ass know-it-all talks down to Nick, a trained criminal investigator and thinks she is a better detective than Nick and the whole Portland PD.

It’s amazing how, when the blind folders are on, Juliette is considered to be such an intelligent wise professional woman.

RE: Eve/Juliette - irukandji - 07-10-2017

(06-30-2017, 04:43 PM)silver Wrote:
Quote:Hexenadler said, "Exactly where the writers wanted it to go; right down the toilet. Three and a half years of character development, all trashed just to make Nick settle down with Adalind (another awful creative decision)."

One of THE WORST decisions - I am betting the farm that it soured a lot of viewers against the continuation of a show with such poor decision-making.

Agreed because it put Nick and Adalind among the clueless, unable to remain committed, not to mention idiots because neither learned from his/her past.

RE: Eve/Juliette - syscrash - 07-12-2017

Dicappatore there is one thing you are not considering. Telling Juliette it was Adalind cat scratch that cased the problem is like telling some one pigs can fly. You are asking them to except something that is physically impossible. that is why Juliette had no reason to not trust Adalind. In her mind there was something else going on why they did not like Adalind. But Juliette only saw a nice person and was not going to be swayed by other opinions. As for the trailer, why would Juliette not tell her about it. She had no idea it was a secrete.

RE: Eve/Juliette - dicappatore - 07-12-2017

(07-12-2017, 02:00 AM)syscrash Wrote: Dicappatore there is one thing you are not considering. Telling Juliette it was Adalind cat scratch that cased the problem is like telling some one pigs can fly. You are asking them to except something that is physically impossible. that is why Juliette had no reason to not trust Adalind. In her mind there was something else going on why they did not like Adalind. But Juliette only saw a nice person and was not going to be swayed by other opinions. As for the trailer, why would Juliette not tell her about it. She had no idea it was a secrete.

sys, your post just confirms her stubbornness and how naive she was. Hearing just from Nick about the cat’s scratch might be telling her pigs can fly. But it wasn’t just Nick. Her circle of friends and acquaintances were also trying to warn her.

As for the trailer, again, when Adalind is doing all the questioning and Juliette is doing all the answering. That is clearly not a chat between two BFF’s. Its Adalind interrogating her! They were, at best two acquaintances. And she in unable to distinguish a conversation to an interrogation. Why would someone you barely know have so many questions of a trailer belonging to an Aunt of a cop you been living with for over 3 years?

As for Juliette questioning Nick about the arrest, it wasn’t just Nick placing hand cuffs on her interrogator. He had the backing of a whole department including, her man of the hour, Police Captain Renard who was also present on site. Did her veterinarian experience outweigh all the Portland PD reasons to arrest the biatch? This character, Juliette gave us whole new meaning to the word “OBLIVIOUS’!