Grimm Forum
Eve/Juliette - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Eve/Juliette (/Thread-Eve-Juliette)

RE: Eve/Juliette - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 10-20-2016

(10-20-2016, 03:23 PM)syscrash Wrote: the only way she could be juliette is if she is no longer a hexenbiest.

But being an hexanbiest does not mean she is not Juliette. Other way I would have to consider Adelaind a different person when she was with out her powers. But she was still Adelaind when wasn't hexanbiest and when was with her powers suppressed.

I understand that for Juliette becoming a hexanbiest was a huge change. But characters changed in the show without acquiring a new id. Why should I accept it with Juliette?
The some body. The same person. Grimm writers lied about her death. You can think differently. But that is the way I see. Simple like that.

RE: Eve/Juliette - irukandji - 10-20-2016

(10-20-2016, 04:18 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote:
(10-20-2016, 03:23 PM)syscrash Wrote: the only way she could be juliette is if she is no longer a hexenbiest.

But being an hexanbiest does not mean she is not Juliette. Other way I would have to consider Adelaind a different person when she was with out her powers. But she was still Adelaind when wasn't hexanbiest and when was with her powers suppressed.

I understand that for Juliette becoming a hexanbiest was a huge change. But characters changed in the show without acquiring a new id. Why should I accept it with Juliette?
The some body. The same person. Grimm writers lied about her death. You can think differently. But that is the way I see. Simple like that.

This is a very interesting perspective. Do you see it the same way with Nick (when he was the zombie), Renard (when he was possessed by Jack the Ripper), and Wu (now a werewolf)?

RE: Eve/Juliette - syscrash - 10-20-2016

The difference between Juliette and the three you mentioned. Juliette is a hexenbiest 24/7 the others are not. If Juliette was only a hexenbiest when she woged. Then she would be Juliette possessed. Like Sean was. Nick as a zombie was no longer Nick. Wu is a split personality.

RE: Eve/Juliette - irukandji - 10-20-2016

(10-20-2016, 07:54 PM)syscrash Wrote: The difference between Juliette and the three you mentioned. Juliette is a hexenbiest 24/7 the others are not. If Juliette was only a hexenbiest when she woged. Then she would be Juliette possessed. Like Sean was. Nick as a zombie was no longer Nick. Wu is a split personality.

I can see the reasoning behind Adriano's statement that because Juliette is a hexenbiest, it doesn't mean she isn't Juliette just because she acquired a new id and is now called Eve. I asked the question because even though Nick, Wu and Renard are still known as Nick, Wu, and Renard, are they the same people they were before? In answer to that question, I would have to say no. Each of them, just like Juliette, has endured some chemical changes that have affected them.

The only difference with Juliette, is that she was beaten, brainwashed, and I believe magically forced into believing she is Eve. Juliette is now some detached self that resides within her. I do not for one minute believe this was her idea any more than it was her idea to hang with HW. As a side note, I am glad that creep Meisner died because he's to blame for that.

RE: Eve/Juliette - syscrash - 10-20-2016

The difference is their experience my effect why they are. Only Juliette has changed what she is. You are trying to say because she looks like Juliette she is Juliette. That would mean she is Sean since she looked like Sean. Who she is has nothing to do with what she looks like or the body she inhabits. It has to do with how she thinks. What she is has to do with how she thinks. Like she said "I am losing my self" or Adalind with "you don't understand what it does to you". Like Sean if he had become the ripper instead of just being possessed. He would have stopped being Sean. Like the group said about Nick and Sean it was not them. So why would Juliette being changed into a hexenbiest still make her still Juliette.

RE: Eve/Juliette - irukandji - 10-21-2016

(10-20-2016, 09:09 PM)syscrash Wrote: You are trying to say because she looks like Juliette she is Juliette.

You're not correct. I'm not basing what I say on looks. She is known as Eve, she believes herself to be Eve. But let's say the creep Meisner didn't do anything to her. Wouldn't she still be Juliette, but Juliette the hexenbiest? Before you tell me she wouldn't because of what Adalind said about the hexenbiest taking control, consider this.

Before the creep Meisner forced her into believing she was Eve, but after she became a hexenbiest, she answered to the name of Juliette. For that reason, I believe she viewed herself as Juliette. Was she the same Juliette we saw in season 1? No way. She's evolving, just the way Nick, Wu, and Renard are evolving. They are not the same people we saw in season 1 either. The only difference is they still answer to their respective names. She answers to the name, Eve.

RE: Eve/Juliette - brandon - 10-21-2016

I think it was the best Meisner intervention in the case Juliette.she had followed hurting Nick, just because he was angry about the change.she said she was missing was that his dark side was gaining on her good side.for my being a Hexenbiest does not mean that change. of personality.He is feeling the power that had made her want to hurt.and what Rosalee said there appeared to be Juliette,It is not to see the reality:a person you know is capable of breaking your moral code and harm others just for fun.

RE: Eve/Juliette - jsgrimm45 - 10-21-2016

(10-21-2016, 05:03 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(10-20-2016, 09:09 PM)syscrash Wrote: You are trying to say because she looks like Juliette she is Juliette.

You're not correct. I'm not basing what I say on looks. She is known as Eve, she believes herself to be Eve. But let's say the creep Meisner didn't do anything to her. Wouldn't she still be Juliette, but Juliette the hexenbiest? Before you tell me she wouldn't because of what Adalind said about the hexenbiest taking control, consider this.

Before the creep Meisner forced her into believing she was Eve, but after she became a hexenbiest, she answered to the name of Juliette. For that reason, I believe she viewed herself as Juliette. Was she the same Juliette we saw in season 1? No way. She's evolving, just the way Nick, Wu, and Renard are evolving. They are not the same people we saw in season 1 either. The only difference is they still answer to their respective names. She answers to the name, Eve.
Food for thought you put Nick, Wu, and Renard into the debate of Juliette/Eve interesting point. In cases of the men other than Wu they were only this way for a time, Juliette was out of control Meisner was able however you want to put it gave Juliette control over the hexenbiest part of herself. Did Meisner give her the name Eve or did she give it to herself? Did in someway her using Eve keep her in control of the hexenbiest? Did this give her the balance needed because Juliette had more things she need to control Eve had less.

Now as far a we know now Juliette will alway be a hexenbiest correct? Which hexenbiest is best to the series? The one out of control or the one in control of her powers? I'm not the writers so I don't know but as this is the end of Grimm I figure the control is needed. Now will a controlled Juliette show up now after the use of the relic because it is the end IMO yes. The writer will put more of the old Juliette into the last episodes less Eve.

RE: Eve/Juliette - rpmaluki - 10-21-2016

Juliette is certainly more important to the storyline than Eve as far as I am concerned. It makes more sense to focus on her while bringing her story arc to a close.

RE: Eve/Juliette - syscrash - 10-21-2016

Juliette never said she was Eve. She said they call me Eve. She has always said she remembers everything. As for Wu vs Eve. Wu transforms into a werewolf. Eve is always a hexenbiest. We have seen Miesner does not control Eve. Miesner gives Trubel orders. Not once has he given Eve a command. When Nick got to HW Miesner said he past Eve test. Meisner tough her to control her anger. Then he tough her to be an operative like Trubel. The said the turned her into a weapon. They did the same to Trubel. You saw her brushed after training. Eve knows she is still physically Juliette. But just like they call Teresa Trubel. Juliette goes by Eve. IMO it is a name she choose to represent her starting over. Juliette other then blowing up the car was never out of control. She would give into her anger and react on impulse. After the stick she will now be susceptible to reacting to feeling of anger. On the flip side she will also feel joy. This will allow her to be social. She will now be like Adalind. Pissed either one off they will hurt you.