Grimm Forum
Eve/Juliette - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Eve/Juliette (/Thread-Eve-Juliette)

RE: Eve/Juliette - FaceInTheCrowd - 10-17-2016

I think if Monroe ever sold someone he was supposed to care about out and got them killed he would feel guilty about it, wesen or no wesen. And the guilt that Eve feels will almost certainly be for Juliette's turning on Nick and getting his mother killed, rather than for the various BC members she killed after becoming Eve.

Eve's outfit in the early episodes of S06 is most likely the result of being in hiding and not going shopping or back to the ruins of HW for a change of clothes.

RE: Eve/Juliette - New Guy - 10-18-2016

(10-17-2016, 06:59 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: I think if Monroe ever sold someone he was supposed to care about out and got them killed he would feel guilty about it, wesen or no wesen. And the guilt that Eve feels will almost certainly be for Juliette's turning on Nick and getting his mother killed, rather than for the various BC members she killed after becoming Eve.

Eve's outfit in the early episodes of S06 is most likely the result of being in hiding and not going shopping or back to the ruins of HW for a change of clothes.
Hi Face,
Bitsie and I take much different views of the wigs:
http://www.tvinsider.com/article/69207/grimm-bitsie-tulloch-on-her-new-identity-and-how-she-kept-it-a-secret/
Quote:This gal owns a lotta wigs! . . . She’s got a black wig that’s really fun, and a hot pink one. Now I’m trying to sell the producers on a blue wig.
IMO, the wigs are a pathetic attempt to symbolize how FrankenEve hides from the reality of being a hideous homocidal psychopath. We have seen Nick play the dufus. Will he fall for her bs of "Juliette did all those things not Eve." If she is "dead" (as Greenwalt and Kouf claimed) then let her die and bury her. If she did not die then put her in the maximum security forensic ward at Oregon State Hospital. Having FrankenEve loose on the streets of Portland poses a threat to the lives and property of all citizens.
New Guy

RE: Eve/Juliette - syscrash - 10-18-2016

you complain about the wig hiding who she is. what about supper girl. all she does it remove her glasses. Or any of the supper heros that think a little mask can hide their identity

RE: Eve/Juliette - rpmaluki - 10-18-2016

As stupid as the glasses are as a disguise at least their purpose is explained within the story. It's like hiding something in plain sight, using a pair of glasses to fool people so they won't make a connection between their dorky selves (Clark and Kara) and their super alter egos. I can't say Eve's wigs serve any purpose. They are a weird prop they haven't bothered to explain on the show other than something they use to try and convince us that somehow Eve isn't Juliette. The people that look at Kara and supergirl literally believe they are two separate people, they look at Juliette and Eve and see the same person. The wigs are completely pointless.

I think the writers want viewers to see those wigs as some sort of "superhero" like costume with a similar effect as tights and a cape but they just come off ridiculous because we don't know why she wears the red as opposed to the platinum blonde or the bubblegum blue at any given moment since those around her see Juliette who's just disassociated.

RE: Eve/Juliette - jsgrimm45 - 10-18-2016

(10-18-2016, 11:29 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: As stupid as the glasses are as a disguise at least their purpose is explained within the story. It's like hiding something in plain sight, using a pair of glasses to fool people so they won't make a connection between their dorky selves (Clark and Kara) and their super alter egos. I can't say Eve's wigs serve any purpose. They are a weird prop they haven't bothered to explain on the show other than something they use to try and convince us that somehow Eve isn't Juliette. The people that look at Kara and supergirl literally believe they are two separate people, they look at Juliette and Eve and see the same person. The wigs are completely pointless.

I think the writers want viewers to see those wigs as some sort of "superhero" like costume with a similar effect as tights and a cape but they just come off ridiculous because we don't know why she wears the red as opposed to the platinum blonde or the bubblegum blue at any given moment since those around her see Juliette who's just disassociated.
Could the wigs have some other use? Just putting out some other ideas like wigs are often used as a disguise hair color is one thing used when giving a description. Could there be others? Thinking way outside the box could the wig being use add in some way to one of her powers maybe not the color but cap under the wig. The color is a code as to the power she wishes to highlight? This is very far out but this is Grimm. Big GrinBig Grin

RE: Eve/Juliette - rpmaluki - 10-18-2016

(10-18-2016, 11:58 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(10-18-2016, 11:29 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: As stupid as the glasses are as a disguise at least their purpose is explained within the story. It's like hiding something in plain sight, using a pair of glasses to fool people so they won't make a connection between their dorky selves (Clark and Kara) and their super alter egos. I can't say Eve's wigs serve any purpose. They are a weird prop they haven't bothered to explain on the show other than something they use to try and convince us that somehow Eve isn't Juliette. The people that look at Kara and supergirl literally believe they are two separate people, they look at Juliette and Eve and see the same person. The wigs are completely pointless.

Could the wigs have some other use? Just putting out some other ideas like wigs are often used as a disguise hair color is one thing used when giving a description. Could there be others? Thinking way outside the box could the wig being use add in some way to one of her powers maybe not the color but cap under the wig. The color is a code as to the power she wishes to highlight? This is very far out but this is Grimm. Big GrinBig Grin
I'm still not convinced of their usefulness in any situation. We've seen hexenbiests change their look through a spell, that's a more efficient disguise than rainbow coloured wigs.

RE: Eve/Juliette - Renardfan99 - 10-18-2016

(10-18-2016, 07:43 AM)New Guy Wrote:
(10-17-2016, 06:59 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: I think if Monroe ever sold someone he was supposed to care about out and got them killed he would feel guilty about it, wesen or no wesen. And the guilt that Eve feels will almost certainly be for Juliette's turning on Nick and getting his mother killed, rather than for the various BC members she killed after becoming Eve.

Hi Face,
Bitsie and I take much different views of the wigs:
http://www.tvinsider.com/article/69207/grimm-bitsie-tulloch-on-her-new-identity-and-how-she-kept-it-a-secret/
Quote:This gal owns a lotta wigs! . . . She’s got a black wig that’s really fun, and a hot pink one. Now I’m trying to sell the producers on a blue wig.
IMO, the wigs are a pathetic attempt to symbolize how FrankenEve hides from the reality of being a hideous homocidal psychopath. We have seen Nick play the dufus. Will he fall for her bs of "Juliette did all those things not Eve." If she is "dead" (as Greenwalt and Kouf claimed) then let her die and bury her. If she did not die then put her in the maximum security forensic ward at Oregon State Hospital. Having FrankenEve loose on the streets of Portland poses a threat to the lives and property of all citizens.
New Guy

Why are we even still talking about this useless character that should have DIED in s1?! Adalind is a character you either hate, love or care less about, but at least she can emote and not make me want to flip the channel during her scenes.

The color of the wigs have a practical purpose. When she is undercover or not wanting to be noticed. She wares the dark brown wig. When she is in fighting mode it is the blond wig. When she intend to be scary she puts on the red one. You have also noticed she only wares the tight leather. Remember all of the people that know Juliette know her as being reserved. She would never ware tight leather and as people have called them hooker wig. She is also appealing to her seductive hexenbiest nature. From the time she seduced Sean she has been acting upon her seductive nature. Gone is the reserved friendly Juliette we had come to know. She acts the same as Adalind. Just more business then fun. She is more like Elizabeth.
IMO they problem is Clair can pull off sexy Bitsie can't. So Bitsie goes for mysterious and seductive. Where Clair does the sexy and slutty.

Why do the Grimm season 6 articles keep saying that Adalind might not make it to the end. That would make it really complicated as to what happens to the kids. With Diana she is ageing fast enough that she could become independent. But what about Kelly does he stay with Nick and Juliette. I am hoping this is just speculation to build excitement. Considering no one has seen the final script yet.

RE: Eve/Juliette - FaceInTheCrowd - 10-18-2016

It's the end of the series. Every character could potentially not make it to the end.