Grimm Forum
Eve/Juliette - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Eve/Juliette (/Thread-Eve-Juliette)

RE: Eve/Juliette - grimmfan14 - 12-13-2015

(12-13-2015, 07:59 PM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(12-13-2015, 07:50 PM)New Guy Wrote: The writers seem to also be assuring us that Eve has no regrets and will never repent or seek forgiveness. She wants to be hated and her wish has been granted.
New Guy

I haven't been happy with a LOT of creative choices the writers have made on this show, but you're making an awfully big assumption about a character's arc for an entire season based on a single scene where she doesn't even speak.

Agreed. I don't buy that for a hot second. "Eve" is what they're saying now, but at the end of the day she's Juliette - with the emotion trained out of her, but it's not some irreversible thing. The whole fact that the mentioned she has Juliette's memories, COME ON that is such a dead giveaway that eventually the "Eve" persona will be cracked. She became that way through HW training and brainwashing. Obviously something will happen to get over that.

she's not going to be some emotionless super soldier forever. That wouldn't WORK. Bitsie is a series regular (being David's gf has it perks because I can't imagine another reason why they think people like her/her arcs enough). That means she'll have an arc, and I'll bet my entire bank account that arc will include Nick getting through to her, and most obviously and likely them falling back in love.

And he'll give her that ring he still has and I'll vomit Wink

RE: Eve/Juliette - irukandji - 12-13-2015

(12-13-2015, 08:24 PM)grimmfan14 Wrote:
(12-13-2015, 07:50 PM)New Guy Wrote: The writers seem to also be assuring us that Eve has no regrets and will never repent or seek forgiveness. She wants to be hated and her wish has been granted.
New Guy

I haven't been happy with a LOT of creative choices the writers have made on this show, but you're making an awfully big assumption about a character's arc for an entire season based on a single scene where she doesn't even speak.

Agreed. I don't buy that for a hot second. "Eve" is what they're saying now, but at the end of the day she's Juliette - with the emotion trained out of her, but it's not some irreversible thing. The whole fact that the mentioned she has Juliette's memories, COME ON that is such a dead giveaway that eventually the "Eve" persona will be cracked. She became that way through HW training and brainwashing. Obviously something will happen to get over that.

she's not going to be some emotionless super soldier forever. That wouldn't WORK. Bitsie is a series regular (being David's gf has it perks because I can't imagine another reason why they think people like her/her arcs enough). That means she'll have an arc, and I'll bet my entire bank account that arc will include Nick getting through to her, and most obviously and likely them falling back in love.

I don't think it's even going to get to that. Nick has already said they're going to the Black Forest. It's certain they won't be dragging Juliette/Eve along with them because she's not part of that scene anymore. Then there's Adalind, the baby, Meisner, Monroe and Rosalee. There's supposed to be some new love interest for Hank, Renard's got this political thing going. And there's the uprising. Grimm is already 1/4 of the way through this season. Trying to bring in yet another sidestory where Nick corners Juliette/Eve and grills her into some kind of emotional submission doesn't make a lot of sense in the scheme of things. He said he was done with her. If this is the last season for Grimm, I think they're going to pack as much story as they can about the unanswered issues while dealing with this uprising.

RE: Eve/Juliette - jsgrimm45 - 12-14-2015

(12-13-2015, 08:41 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-13-2015, 08:24 PM)grimmfan14 Wrote:
New Guy

I don't think it's even going to get to that. Nick has already said they're going to the Black Forest. It's certain they won't be dragging Juliette/Eve along with them because she's not part of that scene anymore. Then there's Adalind, the baby, Meisner, Monroe and Rosalee. There's supposed to be some new love interest for Hank, Renard's got this political thing going. And there's the uprising. Grimm is already 1/4 of the way through this season. Trying to bring in yet another sidestory where Nick corners Juliette/Eve and grills her into some kind of emotional submission doesn't make a lot of sense in the scheme of things. He said he was done with her. If this is the last season for Grimm, I think they're going to pack as much story as they can about the unanswered issues while dealing with this uprising.
Here we agree again series has been come too complex for just one season. Too many irons in the fire we both could be wrong maybe they some way of closing the loop we have thought of that make sense.

RE: Eve/Juliette - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 12-22-2015

I have some problems with the character Eve.

First: The writers want us to simply accept Eve is a new character totally different from Juliette, but only with her memories. It doesn’t make sense. And think about it: Will they do this with Nick and the others? I mean… Will Nick (and the others) learn from the HW that “we transformed dead Juliette in a military weapon called Eve” and Nick (and the others) will answer only: Ok?

Second: Apparently Eve is a super powerful character. How will the writers create tension and interest if Eve can’t be killed, defeated or threatened (since she has no emotion)?

Third: If Eve has emotions, she is Juliette. If Eve has no emotion, she is simply a toy in HW hands. I think it doesn’t satisfy Juliette lovers and neither Juliette haters. I mean: Is Eve a person? If this is case, she must have emotions. If this is not the case, them she is a machine. (I remember Robocop with this plot... and he had emotions).

Fourth: Considering the statements above, my impression is something like the writers lying to us (Juliette is dead, now you have Eve) and expecting us to believe, even we knowing it is a lie.

I would be less critical if the writers bring her back as Juliette twin sister. It would be easier to accept.

Just to let it clear: My criticism is not about Juliette or the actress. It is about the plot line the writers created to bring them back. My opinion (I maybe be wrong) is that It is unbelievable.

RE: Eve/Juliette - New Guy - 12-22-2015

New Guy

Hi Hexenadler,
My "assumption" is based on Hexenette's lines from the script I quoted from 4.20. IMO she likes all the havoc she has done, or else she is a liar. Lying is a hexenbiest trait, however I belive she meant it. She liked all her heinous acts. Those acts were perpetrated in several episodes. In 5.06 she has no lines, but her actions (multiple murders) speak for her and her zero expression indicates she has no regret.
New Guy

RE: Eve/Juliette - CoffeeGirl - 12-22-2015

(12-22-2015, 12:19 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: I have some problems with the character Eve.

First: The writers want us to simply accept Eve is a new character totally different from Juliette, but only with her memories. It doesn’t make sense. And think about it: Will they do this with Nick and the others? I mean… Will Nick (and the others) learn from the HW that “we transformed dead Juliette in a military weapon called Eve” and Nick (and the others) will answer only: Ok?

Second: Apparently Eve is a super powerful character. How will the writers create tension and interest if Eve can’t be killed, defeated or threatened (since she has no emotion)?

Third: If Eve has emotions, she is Juliette. If Eve has no emotion, she is simply a toy in HW hands. I think it doesn’t satisfy Juliette lovers and neither Juliette haters. I mean: Is Eve a person? If this is case, she must have emotions. If this is not the case, them she is a machine. (I remember Robocop with this plot... and he had emotions).

Fourth: Considering the statements above, my impression is something like the writers lying to us (Juliette is dead, now you have Eve) and expecting us to believe, even we knowing it is a lie.

I would be less critical if the writers bring her back as Juliette twin sister. It would be easier to accept.

Just to let it clear: My criticism is not about Juliette or the actress. It is about the plot line the writers created to bring them back. My opinion (I maybe be wrong) is that It is unbelievable.

I agree 100% on this not just that I wonder what impact this will have on Nick & Adalind they have become noticeably closer quite curious to see how all of this plays out in the upcoming episodes. personally I think they'd of just been better bringing Juliette back as she was & carrying on from there can't see the whole Eve idea working some how, but that's just me.

RE: Eve/Juliette - syscrash - 12-22-2015

You can not find anywhere that an interview say Eve doesn't have emotions. The interview says she doesn't have the emotional attachment any more. That is a very big difference.
The interviews did not say she was brainwashed. The interviews say she was trained by Meisner a member of the HW.

The symbolic death only purpose is they want to transition Juliette from being Nick girlfriend.
Without the emotional attachments to Nick and the Group she no longer cares if they forgive her or not.
As Eve she is able to dump the baggage of the past few seasons.

RE: Eve/Juliette - jsgrimm45 - 12-22-2015

(12-22-2015, 03:14 PM)syscrash Wrote: You can not find anywhere that an interview say Eve doesn't have emotions. The interview says she doesn't have the emotional attachment any more. That is a very big difference.
The interviews did not say she was brainwashed. The interviews say she was trained by Meisner a member of the HW.

The symbolic death only purpose is they want to transition Juliette from being Nick girlfriend.
Without the emotional attachments to Nick and the Group she no longer cares if they forgive her or not.
I'm paraphrasing here you see Eve as someone who knows all that has happened but now longer feels an attachment to those events. The Juliette memories are just a past event that no longer has meaning to Eve. I can see that working but it is going to take good writing and acting to get that across. It's you point how would you write it?

(12-22-2015, 02:21 PM)CoffeeGirl Wrote:
(12-22-2015, 12:19 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: I have some problems with the character Eve.

I agree 100% on this not just that I wonder what impact this will have on Nick & Adalind they have become noticeably closer quite curious to see how all of this plays out in the upcoming episodes. personally I think they'd of just been better bringing Juliette back as she was & carrying on from there can't see the whole Eve idea working some how, but that's just me.
I see the news that Juliette is still alive will bring Nick and Adalind together at least until we get a play out on Eve plotline.

RE: Eve/Juliette - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 12-22-2015

(12-22-2015, 03:14 PM)syscrash Wrote: You can not find anywhere that an interview say Eve doesn't have emotions. The interview says she doesn't have the emotional attachment any more. That is a very big difference.

I see your point. But think about it: Juliette is dead, but she didn’t die. She simply left the past behind and now she has a new life. But this is not Juliette. This is Eve because Juliette is dead.
This is still unrealistic to me. I don’t buy it.

The writers would be more realistic if they simply say: Ok, Juliette is alive, but the hexanbiest transformation (and HW training) was so deep that now the past doesn’t matter anymore. Or something like that.

I have the impression the writers want to keep Juliette in the show to satisfy those who love Juliette. But they want to satisfy those who hate Juliette, so they created Eve. Again, it is not about the character. It is about the writers forcing an unnecessary situation.

That is just my opinion.

RE: Eve/Juliette - syscrash - 12-22-2015

Eve seeing Juliette as being dead has nothing to do with HW. Juliette died when Nick pulled his gun on her and was perfectly willing to shot her. That was the point where she said screw you, every thing and body I know and love is gone. That is why she was able to go through with Kenneth's plan to get Kelly to come to the house. Even Kenneth was surprised she was willing to go that far. Remember Nick said he would never hurt her. Yet she has to stop him from pulling the trigger shoting her.

Your idea of "Juliette is alive, but the hexanbiest transformation (and HW training) was so deep that now the past doesn’t matter anymore" opens up for a Juliette return. It also provides hope to the group hanging on to the old Juliette. The writers want us to realize JULIETTE is GONE and not coming back. Even if Nick and Eve get together it will not be as Nick and Juilette.