Grimm Forum
Eve/Juliette - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Eve/Juliette (/Thread-Eve-Juliette)

RE: Eve/Juliette - irukandji - 03-23-2016

(03-23-2016, 08:26 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: I find that we can accept a lot of strange things in our fantasy shows but can't look past things that would take a little common sense to fix. Juliette is the main perpetrator in this show. I can accept her being brought back from the brink of death but the attention-grabbing wigs she wears in public is too hard to look past. That combined with the hood and sunglasses and she's just begging people to notice her. Nick and Monroe can solve an 800 year old mystery in a matter of days but Eve can't up with a better way to remain inconspicuous? I won't talk about her scowling because I don't know how to explain that.

Please post more of these if you have any. It was the most entertaining read I've had all week.

I'm glad you brought up the completely fake and totally unbelievable treasure hunt starring crusaders Nick and Monroe. My husand and I watched that episode last night and I had to cringe once again at the ruination of archaeological finds by the featured bozos. Not to mention how convenient it was that these two managed to even find this artifact in the first place and steal it without attracting attention.

As for Juliette, all the woman did was wear a black outfit and hoody with sunglasses on a fall day. It wasn't as conspicuous as people like to believe. It was a fall day, people were dressed in coats and sweaters. As for her wigs, I see people out there every day with colored hair. It's not such a big deal as people like to think.

RE: Eve/Juliette - Hell Rell - 03-23-2016

I'm glad you brought up the completely fake and totally unbelievable treasure hunt starring crusaders Nick and Monroe. My husand and I watched that episode last night and I had to cringe once again at the ruination of archaeological finds by the featured bozos. Not to mention how convenient it was that these two managed to even find this artifact in the first place and steal it without attracting attention.

I enjoy Nick/Monroe scenes as as much as anyone but them finding the treasure as easily as they did was farfetched. I couldn't even get past the part where they fell into the ancient church. I would think some random tourist would have fallen in there long before Nick and Monroe. Archaeologists would have been all over that site. Were they really the first two people to disturb that land?

I also felt it should have been much more dangerous for a Grimm and a Blutbad to be travelling around the Black Forest. I got the impression that they aren't used to seeing Grimms out there so wouldn't they wonder why one suddenly showed up. The myth of the keys leading to a priceless treasure is probably known to some of them due to being passed down through generations. I would think they would get suspicious after seeing Nick even if they thought it was just a myth. I was getting nervous thinking Nick would lead them right to it. This plot needed more room to breathe.

(03-23-2016, 10:51 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: I enjoy Nick/Monroe scenes as as much as anyone but them finding the treasure as easily as they did was farfetched. I couldn't even get past the part where they fell into the ancient church. I would think some random tourist would have fallen in there long before Nick and Monroe. Archaeologists would have been all over that site. Were they really the first two people to disturb that land?

Good points. Here's something else. I assumed that these Grimm knights intended that this artifact be discovered at some later date. They made keys and prepared this hidden map. Also, presumably the intent was that a Grimm find the artifact. So why then, do you suppose they would choose such a dangerous route to the artifact? Someone has to fall into this hole to find it? It was actually very amazing to me that Nick and Monroe didn't sustain some terrible injuries falling into the hole. Oh, but then they manage to find another convenient way out.

Was it ever actually revealed that this was a church? I know Monroe said it was, but I kept looking for identifiable things that would make it a church, like a cross and an altar. I didn't see anything like that. To me, it appeared to be some catacombs. And this also doesn't make a lot of sense. How did these people bury their dead if the only way down there was this big deep hole? Such dumbness. I originally thought the episode a fun one and it was, but seeing it a second time, just tells me the creative team thought they could just slop anything up on the screen and the audience would buy it.

Wouldn't it have been interesting for Monroe and Nick to have found a tourist in that tomb?

(03-23-2016, 10:51 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: I also felt it should have been much more dangerous for a Grimm and a Blutbad to be travelling around the Black Forest. I got the impression that they aren't used to seeing Grimms out there so wouldn't they wonder why one suddenly showed up. The myth of the keys leading to a priceless treasure is probably known to some of them due to being passed down through generations. I would think they would get suspicious after seeing Nick even if they thought it was just a myth. I was getting nervous thinking Nick would lead them right to it. This plot needed more room to breathe.

When Nick and Monroe came upon this church and thought it was *the* church, I wondered just how they were going to go about obtaining this artifact. If the artifact were actually in that church, did they really believe the people there were just going to hand it over to them? I was thinking how cool it would have been for the priest and company to be modern day Grimms and wesen who protected the artifact from anyone nosing around, like the crusading Americans.

RE: Eve/Juliette - jsgrimm45 - 03-23-2016

(03-23-2016, 11:15 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-23-2016, 10:51 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: I enjoy Nick/Monroe scenes as as much as anyone but them finding the treasure as easily as they did was farfetched. I couldn't even get past the part where they fell into the ancient church. I would think some random tourist would have fallen in there long before Nick and Monroe. Archaeologists would have been all over that site. Were they really the first two people to disturb that land?

Good points. Here's something else. I assumed that these Grimm knights intended that this artifact be discovered at some later date. They made keys and prepared this hidden map. Also, presumably the intent was that a Grimm find the artifact. So why then, do you suppose they would choose such a dangerous route to the artifact? Someone has to fall into this hole to find it? It was actually very amazing to me that Nick and Monroe didn't sustain some terrible injuries falling into the hole. Oh, but then they manage to find another convenient way out.

Was it ever actually revealed that this was a church? I know Monroe said it was, but I kept looking for identifiable things that would make it a church, like a cross and an altar. I didn't see anything like that. To me, it appeared to be some catacombs. And this also doesn't make a lot of sense. How did these people bury their dead if the only way down there was this big deep hole? Such dumbness. I originally thought the episode a fun one and it was, but seeing it a second time, just tells me the creative team thought they could just slop anything up on the screen and the audience would buy it.

Wouldn't it have been interesting for Monroe and Nick to have found a tourist in that tomb?

(03-23-2016, 10:51 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: I also felt it should have been much more dangerous for a Grimm and a Blutbad to be travelling around the Black Forest. I got the impression that they aren't used to seeing Grimms out there so wouldn't they wonder why one suddenly showed up. The myth of the keys leading to a priceless treasure is probably known to some of them due to being passed down through generations. I would think they would get suspicious after seeing Nick even if they thought it was just a myth. I was getting nervous thinking Nick would lead them right to it. This plot needed more room to breathe.

When Nick and Monroe came upon this church and thought it was *the* church, I wondered just how they were going to go about obtaining this artifact. If the artifact were actually in that church, did they really believe the people there were just going to hand it over to them? I was thinking how cool it would have been for the priest and company to be modern day Grimms and wesen who protected the artifact from anyone nosing around, like the crusading Americans.
I thought the fall was the good touch as the church itself was gone but the catacombs were still open so the knight fixed a trap door so it you raised the rock it tripped the door. Then the buried the main entrance. I like the trapdoor trick.

The knight use this because the church was long gone and the catacombs were not being used maybe even the main entrance was buried or hidden. I say that because of the royal bodies.

I'm glad they didn't tell Eve or Meisner about what they planned as Juliette knew of the two keys so if she knew they were going to Germany she may have put 2 and 2 together. Now we have HW involved.

(03-23-2016, 11:25 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: The knight use this because the church was long gone and the catacombs were not being used maybe even the main entrance was buried or hidden. I say that because of the royal bodies.

Which goes back to my question. Was this even a church or just some old foundation these knights decided to use?

RE: Eve/Juliette - jsgrimm45 - 03-23-2016

(03-23-2016, 12:00 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-23-2016, 11:25 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: The knight use this because the church was long gone and the catacombs were not being used maybe even the main entrance was buried or hidden. I say that because of the royal bodies.

Which goes back to my question. Was this even a church or just some old foundation these knights decided to use?
At one time church maybe it burned down but the catacombs were still there I would think at least one of knight's had to live there to know that.

RE: Eve/Juliette - brandon - 04-05-2016

as they done to break Juliette?
it is something that still is not known at all.
I do not think that everything was locked up in a cell.
and witch hat?.would have more validity theory that someone in the forum said of Eve.
that Eve was trained by a "Hexenbiest".
acupuncture also know where to stick the pins in this case might be so.
a 'Hexenbiest "very skilled know how to immobilize to use his telekinetic powers not for a while.
one fact: Sean mentions "the hammer of witches" in realidd is the title of a book about witches in medieval times.on how to detect them and burn.in the book says-econtre reference in another book-that only women were witches because they were weak of mind ..more likely to be tempted by the devil.perhaps why only the "Hexenbiest"
females have magic.and not men.the writers are well aware of rare books

RE: Eve/Juliette - irukandji - 04-05-2016

(04-05-2016, 06:07 AM)brandon Wrote: as they done to break Juliette?

Considering Juliette never had a hexenbiest spirit, I would say the torture she endured to become Eve was substantial. It continues to surprise me that Nick just simply shrugs it off.

RE: Eve/Juliette - jsgrimm45 - 04-05-2016

(04-05-2016, 08:51 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(04-05-2016, 06:07 AM)brandon Wrote: as they done to break Juliette?

Considering Juliette never had a hexenbiest spirit, I would say the torture she endured to become Eve was substantial. It continues to surprise me that Nick just simply shrugs it off.
I don't think he shrug it off he did ask if after what she had done how could she just (paraphrasing) just let it go so easy she said it wasn't easy the night she tested him. With that comment and with what she had done I just think he didn't go into things at that time his anger was still there. Now we have some kind of relationship forming not sure what with her and HW. So now maybe just for now he is letting sleeping dog lie.

This may not last kind of depends on what comes of this HW thing. Also it been leaked that her and Adalind meet so that should be fun, maybe Adalind will learn more or understand what has happened to Juliette to become Eve.

RE: Eve/Juliette - irukandji - 04-05-2016

(04-05-2016, 10:40 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: I don't think he shrug it off he did ask if after what she had done how could she just (paraphrasing) just let it go so easy she said it wasn't easy the night she tested him.

Was this when he questioned her about not having remorse?