Grimm Forum
Eve/Juliette - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Eve/Juliette (/Thread-Eve-Juliette)

RE: Eve/Juliette - Hexenadler - 03-21-2016

(03-21-2016, 09:59 AM)New Guy Wrote: That is my hope. However, the writers seem to want FrankenEve to be more powerful than Nick. They cast her as part of the HW leadership. Worst of all they cast Nick as naive. He should have dumped Juliette for the memory loss. He should have dumped her and beaten Renard to a pulp for the love potion/spell. He should have moved to the fome and changed all communication to high security as soon as Hexenette walked out. If he joins HW then Meisner needs to convert him into FrankenBozo.
New Guy

I learned a long time ago the characters on this show aren't flesh-and-blood people, but cheaply made little action figures the writers break on a continual basis. Which is a shame, as I really want to like these particular little action figures.Sad

RE: Eve/Juliette - Vance60 - 03-21-2016

(03-21-2016, 11:31 AM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(03-21-2016, 09:59 AM)New Guy Wrote: That is my hope. However, the writers seem to want FrankenEve to be more powerful than Nick. They cast her as part of the HW leadership. Worst of all they cast Nick as naive. He should have dumped Juliette for the memory loss. He should have dumped her and beaten Renard to a pulp for the love potion/spell. He should have moved to the fome and changed all communication to high security as soon as Hexenette walked out. If he joins HW then Meisner needs to convert him into FrankenBozo.
New Guy

I learned a long time ago the characters on this show aren't flesh-and-blood people, but cheaply made little action figures the writers break on a continual basis. Which is a shame, as I really want to like these particular little action figures.Sad

Hexenadler, you just summed up my feelings in those words. This show has the potential to go further than possibly just 6 seasons. it has been said on here there is no cohesion in the writing. Sometimes Nick is badass and fights like a man possessed and others he gets turned over like an outclassed boxer. Moods, emotions, feelings of the characters seem to change faster than the tides. Rosalee and Monroe have a strong, loving relationship, yet it seems to be she is hiding things from him about her past with Anthony. After all they have been through together, doesn't seem a logical or sensible step to take.
All of the previous episodes where we have seen Nick gain some extra sense/power/ability yet rarely do we get to see him actually use any of them. As much as I enjoy the show, some of the episodes are annoyingly frustrating to watch.

Question, is Frankeneve going to inform Meisner of what is happening between Renard and Rachael or run with it on her own?

RE: Eve/Juliette - jsgrimm45 - 03-21-2016

(03-21-2016, 04:25 PM)Vance60 Wrote:
New Guy

Hexenadler, you just summed up my feelings in those words. This show has the potential to go further than possibly just 6 seasons. it has been said on here there is no cohesion in the writing. Sometimes Nick is badass and fights like a man possessed and others he gets turned over like an outclassed boxer. Moods, emotions, feelings of the characters seem to change faster than the tides. Rosalee and Monroe have a strong, loving relationship, yet it seems to be she is hiding things from him about her past with Anthony. After all they have been through together, doesn't seem a logical or sensible step to take.
All of the previous episodes where we have seen Nick gain some extra sense/power/ability yet rarely do we get to see him actually use any of them. As much as I enjoy the show, some of the episodes are annoyingly frustrating to watch.

Question, is Frankeneve going to inform Meisner of what is happening between Renard and Rachael or run with it on her own?
For now I think Eve will run the Renard Rachel op on her own question will she help Adalind by telling her about Diana?

RE: Eve/Juliette - Belle - 03-21-2016

(03-21-2016, 04:40 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
New Guy

For now I think Eve will run the Renard Rachel op on her own question will she help Adalind by telling her about Diana?

If Julieve (read that new nickname on another thread and liked it) is off working on her own that again brings up the question of her loyalty. Meisner doesn't seem like a fool, but letting Julieve run around unsupervised seems like a bad idea. That is unless HW has implanted an exploding remote control tracking device in her brain that Meisner can use as necessary.

If Julieve was sincerely looking for redemption, one would suppose that she would want to see Diana reunited with her family or, at the every least, not allow the poor kid to be used as a means of manipulating Renard and Adalind. But then why not warn Renard about BC straight away? Julieve wouldn't have to reveal where Diana really was to let Sean know she wasn't with BC; she'd just have to claim HW had evidence BC was lying about Diana.

On a related note, does anyone else still wonder if Diana is actually Sean's? He and Adalind seem certain, but Sean's brother was an equally viable candidate, so...are they basing paternity solely on a feeling or is knowing who the baby daddy is some hexen/zauerbeast power?

As far as personalities changing rapidly and dramatically in order to suit storylines, I whole heartedly agree that it's been a detriment to the show; though, I see inconsistency as a bigger problem with some characters than other. Overall, the writing team appears to lack a cohesive vision, which can be extremely frustrating at times. However, in some cases they have done a good job of explaining changes by exploring a character's history or molding them through experiences we see on the show. Alas, with Julieve they went so far off the map it really has negatively impacted virtually every other character. I know not everyone feels that way about the Julieve character, but, for me, she really is dragging the entire series down.

Funny sidenote...
My mom doesn't watch Grimm, but my parents are visiting me, so occasionally she sits through it when I am. Last episode she was doing OK until Julieve showed up when my mom suddenly asks, "What's wrong with that woman?"; in response to which I laughed out loud for a good long time. It struck me as hilarious that my elderly mother could totally follow a story about a mind controlling wrestling mask made from the face of an animal human hybrid, but she couldn't make heads or tales out of why some woman would be wearing a white wig with sunglasses and a trench-coat while theoretically sneaking around Portland. Mom kept asking stuff like "Is she bald?", "Is the wig magic?", "Does the wig make her invisible?" (mom thought the wig had to make Julieve invisible otherwise Sean and Rachel would have spotted her sitting at the bar); "Is something wrong with her face?" (not Julieve's woge face, mom just couldn't figure out why Julieve was scowling the whole show), "Why is she so mean?", etc...

RE: Eve/Juliette - New Guy - 03-22-2016

Hi Belle,
I enjoyed the story about your Mom:
Quote:Funny sidenote...
My mom doesn't watch Grimm, but my parents are visiting me, so occasionally she sits through it when I am. Last episode she was doing OK until Julieve showed up when my mom suddenly asks, "What's wrong with that woman?"; in response to which I laughed out loud for a good long time. It struck me as hilarious that my elderly mother could totally follow a story about a mind controlling wrestling mask made from the face of an animal human hybrid, but she couldn't make heads or tales out of why some woman would be wearing a white wig with sunglasses and a trench-coat while theoretically sneaking around Portland. Mom kept asking stuff like "Is she bald?", "Is the wig magic?", "Does the wig make her invisible?" (mom thought the wig had to make Julieve invisible otherwise Sean and Rachel would have spotted her sitting at the bar); "Is something wrong with her face?" (not Julieve's woge face, mom just couldn't figure out why Julieve was scowling the whole show), "Why is she so mean?", etc...
Your Mom nailed the Julieve character! LOL
I agree with your comment:
Quote:Alas, with Julieve they went so far off the map it really has negatively impacted virtually every other character. I know not everyone feels that way about the Julieve character, but, for me, she really is dragging the entire series down.
New Guy

RE: Eve/Juliette - SumYungHo - 03-22-2016

(03-21-2016, 08:19 PM)Belle Wrote: "Is something wrong with her face?" (not Julieve's woge face, mom just couldn't figure out why Julieve was scowling the whole show), "Why is she so mean?"

I guess the best that could be said about Resting Bitch Face is that it's a step up from Resting Idiot Face and considerably more appealing than Resting Shat-Eating Grin Face.

And, yes, I completely agree with you on the return RBF. The stench of her character has not faded since s05e06 and every scene that she inhabits is tantamount to being subjected to a rancid, lingering fart whilst trapped in a small, airtight room.

RE: Eve/Juliette - wfmyers1207 - 03-22-2016

(03-22-2016, 07:50 AM)SumYungHo Wrote:
(03-21-2016, 08:19 PM)Belle Wrote: "Is something wrong with her face?" (not Julieve's woge face, mom just couldn't figure out why Julieve was scowling the whole show), "Why is she so mean?"

I guess the best that could be said about Resting Bitch Face is that it's a step up from Resting Idiot Face and considerably more appealing than Resting Shat-Eating Grin Face.

And, yes, I completely agree with you on the return RBF. The stench of her character has not faded since s05e06 and every scene that she inhabits is tantamount to being subjected to a rancid, lingering fart whilst trapped in a small, airtight room.

Wow, you hate Bitsie Tulloch even more than I do! Tongue

RE: Eve/Juliette - jsgrimm45 - 03-22-2016

(03-21-2016, 08:19 PM)Belle Wrote:
(03-21-2016, 04:40 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
New Guy

If Julieve (read that new nickname on another thread and liked it) is off working on her own that again brings up the question of her loyalty. Meisner doesn't seem like a fool, but letting Julieve run around unsupervised seems like a bad idea. That is unless HW has implanted an exploding remote control tracking device in her brain that Meisner can use as necessary.

If Julieve was sincerely looking for redemption, one would suppose that she would want to see Diana reunited with her family or, at the every least, not allow the poor kid to be used as a means of manipulating Renard and Adalind. But then why not warn Renard about BC straight away? Julieve wouldn't have to reveal where Diana really was to let Sean know she wasn't with BC; she'd just have to claim HW had evidence BC was lying about Diana.

On a related note, does anyone else still wonder if Diana is actually Sean's? He and Adalind seem certain, but Sean's brother was an equally viable candidate, so...are they basing paternity solely on a feeling or is knowing who the baby daddy is some hexen/zauerbeast power?

As far as personalities changing rapidly and dramatically in order to suit storylines, I whole heartedly agree that it's been a detriment to the show; though, I see inconsistency as a bigger problem with some characters than other. Overall, the writing team appears to lack a cohesive vision, which can be extremely frustrating at times. However, in some cases they have done a good job of explaining changes by exploring a character's history or molding them through experiences we see on the show. Alas, with Julieve they went so far off the map it really has negatively impacted virtually every other character. I know not everyone feels that way about the Julieve character, but, for me, she really is dragging the entire series down.

Funny sidenote...
Yes there is a thread on what if Diana is Eric's. What does it change.

http://grimmforum.com/forum/Thread-what-if-Diana-is-Eric-s

RE: Eve/Juliette - Belle - 03-23-2016

(03-22-2016, 08:52 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(03-21-2016, 08:19 PM)Belle Wrote: [quote='jsgrimm45' pid='25553' dateline='1458603635']
[quote='Vance60' pid='25550' dateline='1458602750']
[quote='Hexenadler' pid='25541' dateline='1458585077']
Yes there is a thread on what if Diana is Eric's. What does it change.

http://grimmforum.com/forum/Thread-what-if-Diana-is-Eric-s

Thanks, that's interesting and I never would have found it on my own because it's been inactive a long time.
Wonder if it will pick up again once Diana makes another appearance...
Or maybe the writers consider Diana's paternity a done deal because Sean seems to be convinced.

RE: Eve/Juliette - Hell Rell - 03-23-2016

Funny sidenote...
[/quote]

I think an enchanted wig would have been more believable than it being used as some weird disguise. That's a better use for it than what they came up with.

I find that we can accept a lot of strange things in our fantasy shows but can't look past things that would take a little common sense to fix. Juliette is the main perpetrator in this show. I can accept her being brought back from the brink of death but the attention-grabbing wigs she wears in public is too hard to look past. That combined with the hood and sunglasses and she's just begging for people to notice her. Nick and Monroe can solve an 800 year old mystery in a matter of days but Eve can't come up with a better way to remain inconspicuous? I won't talk about her scowling because I don't know how to explain that.

Please post more of these if you have any. It was the most entertaining read I've had all week.