Grimm Forum
Eve/Juliette - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Eve/Juliette (/Thread-Eve-Juliette)

RE: Eve/Juliette - jsgrimm45 - 12-13-2015

(12-13-2015, 01:16 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: What I don't get is where the show is going with this character.

The show runners and Bitsie Tulloch have stated flat out that this is a new character. Juliette is 'dead'. The character is now 'Eve'.

What I don't understand is what audience are they aiming for here? Huh

Fans like @hexenadler are going to be disappointed because Juliette is still gone, and fans like me are going to get tired of having to keep seeing Bitsie Tulloch's face on the show. Sad It seems like a lose-lose proposition to me. Huh
I'll add the complex interaction with all the other characters. How will this all work?

RE: Eve/Juliette - syscrash - 12-13-2015

(12-13-2015, 01:28 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(12-13-2015, 01:16 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: What I don't get is where the show is going with this character.

The show runners and Bitsie Tulloch have stated flat out that this is a new character. Juliette is 'dead'. The character is now 'Eve'.

What I don't understand is what audience are they aiming for here? Huh

Fans like @hexenadler are going to be disappointed because Juliette is still gone, and fans like me are going to get tired of having to keep seeing Bitsie Tulloch's face on the show. Sad It seems like a lose-lose proposition to me. Huh
I'll add the complex interaction with all the other characters. How will this all work?

How Eve interacts with the group will be the same as when they where in the spice shop. Eve will be confident in who she is with no regret or feeling of loss for the old Juliette. Any indication or reference to the old Juliette, will have Eve responding with some snarky comment belittling the old Juliette. Eve will always respond to Juliette reference with she is dead, and good riddance. What the show will do is really push the idea that Juliette is dead. Even though Eve will be a vicious hexenbiest killer, she will still have the Juliette bubbly personality.

The Juilette haters will have a field day with Eve. Especially since Eve will have no concern about collateral damage. She will ask once, then react with extreme prejudice. You will never see any sines of remorse. Just like Trubel outlook is she is sent to do what Grimm's do. That will also be Eve's outlook. There will be so many post about why Eve should die. Why would they bring back such a despicable character.

RE: Eve/Juliette - irukandji - 12-13-2015

(12-13-2015, 02:14 PM)syscrash Wrote: The Juilette haters will have a field day with Eve. Especially since Eve will have no concern about collateral damage. She will ask once, then react with extreme prejudice. You will never see any sines of remorse. Just like Trubel outlook is she is sent to do what Grimm's do. That will also be Eve's outlook. There will be so many post about why Eve should die. Why would they bring back such a despicable character.

The Juliette haters will always despise Juliette, no matter what she does. The character is not redeemable in their eyes, period.

RE: Eve/Juliette - Scully1987 - 12-13-2015

I have not always hate her. At the beginning she was one of my favorites Smile But I can not forget her what she did to Kelly: I'll give her that chance - but only because "she" protected Nick.) But she has to fight to get my trust back. And someway I don't know why, but I am a bit glad - that she is back (only a little bit) and I will looking forward what will happen next Smile

RE: Eve/Juliette - Hexenadler - 12-13-2015

(12-13-2015, 01:16 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: Fans like @hexenadler are going to be disappointed because Juliette is still gone, and fans like me are going to get tired of having to keep seeing Bitsie Tulloch's face on the show. Sad It seems like a lose-lose proposition to me. Huh

Just for the record, I don't buy the "Eve" bit at all, and neither should Nick. It's only the writers trying to be clever.

It's Juliette. She's alive and well. The Eve thing is meant to be symbolic, nothing more, nothing less.

(12-13-2015, 03:41 PM)Nadalind1987 Wrote: But I can not forget her what she did to Kelly: I'll give her that chance - but only because "she" protected Nick.) But she has to fight to get my trust back. And someway I don't know why, but I am a bit glad - that she is back (only a little bit) and I will looking forward what will happen next Smile

You know, I think out of all of the characters and what they've done, (and they've done a lot!), Juliette's the only one who's been forced to pay her dues. I wouldn't say being robbed of your life, your profession, and your emotions is the equivalent to a trip to paradise.

RE: Eve/Juliette - New Guy - 12-13-2015

(12-13-2015, 03:53 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-13-2015, 03:41 PM)Nadalind1987 Wrote: But I can not forget her what she did to Kelly: I'll give her that chance - but only because "she" protected Nick.) But she has to fight to get my trust back. And someway I don't know why, but I am a bit glad - that she is back (only a little bit) and I will looking forward what will happen next Smile

You know, I think out of all of the characters and what they've done, (and they've done a lot!), Juliette's the only one who's been forced to pay her dues. I wouldn't say being robbed of your life, your profession, and your emotions is the equivalent to a trip to paradise.
Hi Irukandji,
I see it as Hank said, "just a bad deal all around." No one "robbed" her. She made a choice to abandon her human life, profession and emotions. Recall from 4.20:
J: When are you all gonna learn that I like who I am?
N: Well, we don't.
J: [hisses] Well, that's just too damn bad.
At that point, she uses telekinesis to point Nick's gun at Monroe and shoot it. Hank saves Monroe's life. Then Hexenette says "Whoo! That was close."
We are familiar with the list of the vile acts Hexenette did. She deserved death, but instead the writers gave her a wig and called her Eve. The writers seem to also be assuring us that Eve has no regrets and will never repent or seek forgiveness. She wants to be hated and her wish has been granted.
New Guy

RE: Eve/Juliette - Hexenadler - 12-13-2015

(12-13-2015, 07:50 PM)New Guy Wrote: The writers seem to also be assuring us that Eve has no regrets and will never repent or seek forgiveness. She wants to be hated and her wish has been granted.
New Guy

I haven't been happy with a LOT of creative choices the writers have made on this show, but you're making an awfully big assumption about a character's arc for an entire season based on a single scene where she doesn't even speak.

(12-13-2015, 07:50 PM)New Guy Wrote:
(12-13-2015, 03:53 PM)irukandji Wrote: [quote='Nadalind1987' pid='19755' dateline='1450046507']
But I can not forget her what she did to Kelly: I'll give her that chance - but only because "she" protected Nick.) But she has to fight to get my trust back. And someway I don't know why, but I am a bit glad - that she is back (only a little bit) and I will looking forward what will happen next Smile
Hi Irukandji,
I see it as Hank said, "just a bad deal all around." No one "robbed" her. She made a choice to abandon her human life, profession and emotions. Recall from 4.20:
J: When are you all gonna learn that I like who I am?
N: Well, we don't.
J: [hisses] Well, that's just too damn bad.
At that point, she uses telekinesis to point Nick's gun at Monroe and shoot it. Hank saves Monroe's life. Then Hexenette says "Whoo! That was close."
We are familiar with the list of the vile acts Hexenette did. She deserved death, but instead the writers gave her a wig and called her Eve. The writers seem to also be assuring us that Eve has no regrets and will never repent or seek forgiveness. She wants to be hated and her wish has been granted.
New Guy

Hi New Guy-
I'm not talking about the fourth season, I'm talking about her reappearance on Friday night. The former Juliette no longer has her name, she's now Eve. She no longer has her profession, she's been drafted by a secret government agency. Her emotions were taken away from her, so all that's left is a hexenbiest. I'd say for all intensive purposes, her life is gone. It was robbed from her and now she's being used in the uprising because she has special powers. She's paid her dues. If she can get something good out of this, I'm all for it.

RE: Eve/Juliette - Scully1987 - 12-13-2015

(12-13-2015, 03:53 PM)irukandji Wrote:

And of course, we all have our own little quirks Big Grin If everyone would be equal, it would be boring. But to come again on the subject: I have nothing against Juliette! At the beginning I had compassion for her - It was not a pleasant matter (As example: turned into a Hexenbiest. Nick turned away from her in disgust...and etc) There is no doubt up to this point, I was standing behind her.

But it ended when she has teamed up with Kenneth - My problem which I have with her, is: Juliette stood in the hallway - and did only listened to what Kenneth did and do nothing to help Kelly - at least here she could have done something - but no she did not.

[i]But at the topic Eve:[/i] I'm neutral about her return: but she has to fight to get my trust back.