Grimm Forum
Eve/Juliette - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Eve/Juliette (/Thread-Eve-Juliette)

RE: Eve/Juliette - Grimmbiest11 - 02-20-2016

Yes, there seems to be lack of strong reactions to her. Nick freaked out in that episode 7 and after that he seems indifferent and even calls former love of his life 'Eve' without batting an eyelash. Makes me want to laugh tbqh. Hank didn't give a damn, he just said something about coming from the dead being complicated. Renard and Wu are pretty much the same. Also laughed when she was leviating doing press ups, seriously? I've always said another actress should've played Eve and she should've been a totally new character.

RE: Eve/Juliette - Nightschade - 02-20-2016

(02-20-2016, 05:30 PM)grimmfan14 Wrote: And the worst part is that like no one has any EMOTIONS about it. They're all like "wow this is weird." But no one, not even NICK, is devastated, or really angry, or really anything about her. So it's like, if they can't work up any emotions about her, why should I? Why should I do anything except roll my eyes at her?

You've just articulated one of my biggest issues with this story line in a way that I was unable to. I feel like they've made the other characters accept that Juliette is Eve so quickly so that the viewers can to, but I'm just not buying it. If you want to remake an entire character, you have to put in the work to make it believable.

(02-20-2016, 06:01 PM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote: Yes, there seems to be lack of strong reactions to her. Nick freaked out in that episode 7 and after that he seems indifferent and even calls former love of his life 'Eve' without batting an eyelash. Makes me want to laugh tbqh. Hank didn't give a damn, he just said something about coming from the dead being complicated. Renard and Wu are pretty much the same. Also laughed when she was leviating doing press ups, seriously? I've always said another actress should've played Eve and she should've been a totally new character.

I think Eve would have been SO MUCH BETTER if they cast a completely new actress, and the reactions of the characters would be a little more believable too. And it would make more sense that she's actually supposed to be a new person instead of the confusing "Juliette died but not really because her body, mind and soul are still there they just belong to Eve who has all her memories but no emotional connection" thing that they're trying to do. The way I see it right now, if it looks like Juliette, and talks like Juliette...

Unfortunately, it seems that the entire purpose of created Eve was to cater to Bitsie, so they probably wouldn't even consider casting a new actress.

RE: Eve/Juliette - irukandji - 02-20-2016

(02-20-2016, 07:48 PM)Nightschade Wrote: If you want to remake an entire character, you have to put in the work to make it believable.

This is EXACTLY my issue with Adalind. I'm not big on the Eve/Juliette story, but I can stomach it. Adalind is another thing altogether.

RE: Eve/Juliette - tscchope - 02-21-2016

(02-20-2016, 08:10 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(02-20-2016, 07:48 PM)Nightschade Wrote: If you want to remake an entire character, you have to put in the work to make it believable.
This is EXACTLY my issue with Adalind.

The work to make it believable has been put in. It's not like they've said Adaliind, isn't Adalind anymore, but a completely different character but with all of Adalind's memories. That's what they've done with Juliette and it is unbelievable.

Adalind's character is what it is now due to baby Kelly, the suppression of her hexenbiest and her need for Nick's protection. Adalind has said that her character will change once she gets her powers back.

Nick and Adalind have on-screen chemistry; Nick and Juliette never did, even with what should have been a most dramatic moment when Juliette broke the Muse's hold over Nick.

As for Adalind, it's easy to expect her once she's got her old job back to move out into her own place . When her powers return, equally easy to see her rush to join Team Juliette, playing on Meisner's feelings towards her.

I, for one, can't take this Juliette/Eve mess for much longer.

RE: Eve/Juliette - Belle - 02-21-2016

(02-21-2016, 04:32 AM)tscchope Wrote:
(02-20-2016, 08:10 PM)irukandji Wrote:
This is EXACTLY my issue with Adalind.

The work to make it believable has been put in. It's not like they've said Adaliind, isn't Adalind anymore, but a completely different character but with all of Adalind's memories. That's what they've done with Juliette and it is unbelievable.

Adalind's character is what it is now due to baby Kelly, the suppression of her hexenbiest and her need for Nick's protection. Adalind has said that her character will change once she gets her powers back.

Nick and Adalind have on-screen chemistry; Nick and Juliette never did, even with what should have been a most dramatic moment when Juliette broke the Muse's hold over Nick.

As for Adalind, it's easy to expect her once she's got her old job back to move out into her own place . When her powers return, equally easy to see her rush to join Team Juliette, playing on Meisner's feelings towards her.

I, for one, can't take this Juliette/Eve mess for much longer.

I agree with you completely regarding Adalind.
Her transition has been believable because the writers built so much into her back story that explained both her bad behavior and her new attitude.

Adalind really has become the woman Juliette should have been but never was, which is a big part of why I personally believe she's a much better partner for Nick in general.
I also think you were dead on when you pointed out Adalind and Nick have way better chemistry, but that is of course subjective.

RE: Eve/Juliette - irukandji - 02-21-2016

I'm just saying that I feel exactly the same way about Adalind as people do about Eve. The audience is asked to suspend what they know about the character because of one thing: she had Nick's child.
Oh, and she took a suppression potion. That makes her a changed woman, a believable character. Not hardly.

I for one never believed Nick and Juliette had chemistry either. However, they were both good enough actors to convince me they had a relationship. I know enough people today who don't have chemistry but are happy in a relationship so that's not a concern.

This.......thing......whatever it is with Adalind doesn't make a lot of sense. What does baking cookies and making smalltalk over groceries change about her? What does sleeping with Nick but not taking it to the next level change? I can't talk about chemistry because there is none. Worse yet, they can't even make whatever it is they're playing at seem believable. There's only one common thing between them; the baby.

Recently the topic of the trailer and how Juliette torched it has resurfaced. Everyone's glad that Rosalee didn't stick up for Eve, that Monroe is never going to forgive her for it. Yet the person who did the absolute worst carnage of any of them walks freely among them, welcoming them to the 'fome'.

You can't take much more of Eve? Every time I watch Adalind, I just cringe. If I could fast forward every scene with her in it, I would.

Nick is not a charismatic character. I don't get why this team feels he needs a woman and so they throw the worst possible one at him.

What's even more outrageous? The scoobies just smile and nod approval. Ugh.

Eve's more unbelievable than that? How?

RE: Eve/Juliette - speakeasy - 02-21-2016

I've always thought that some of Juliette's personality/psyche/essence transferred to Adalind when she slept with Nick to make him a Grimm again. Hence the more human Adalind has surfaced. And also to baby Kelly; if that boy gets dimples I'm going to take it as a paranormal event.

RE: Eve/Juliette - jsgrimm45 - 02-21-2016

(02-21-2016, 09:06 AM)irukandji Wrote: I'm just saying that I feel exactly the same way about Adalind as people do about Eve. The audience is asked to suspend what they know about the character because of one thing: she had Nick's child.
Oh, and she took a suppression potion. That makes her a changed woman, a believable character. Not hardly.

I for one never believed Nick and Juliette had chemistry either. However, they were both good enough actors to convince me they had a relationship. I know enough people today who don't have chemistry but are happy in a relationship so that's not a concern.

This.......thing......whatever it is with Adalind doesn't make a lot of sense. What does baking cookies and making smalltalk over groceries change about her? What does sleeping with Nick but not taking it to the next level change? I can't talk about chemistry because there is none. Worse yet, they can't even make whatever it is they're playing at seem believable. There's only one common thing between them; the baby.

Recently the topic of the trailer and how Juliette torched it has resurfaced. Everyone's glad that Rosalee didn't stick up for Eve, that Monroe is never going to forgive her for it. Yet the person who did the absolute worst carnage of any of them walks freely among them, welcoming them to the 'fome'.

You can't take much more of Eve? Every time I watch Adalind, I just cringe. If I could fast forward every scene with her in it, I would.

Nick is not a charismatic character. I don't get why this team feels he needs a woman and so they throw the worst possible one at him.

In Adalind case even when she had LBB she changed to a mother, only doing what she did on that occasion to get back to Diana. Eve now we all know is Juliette but now we are to believe that she isn't Juliette but Eve. In Adalind case they never changed the character but let her be a mother again not so in Eve case.

RE: Eve/Juliette - irukandji - 02-21-2016

(02-21-2016, 09:51 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(02-21-2016, 09:06 AM)irukandji Wrote: I'm just saying that I feel exactly the same way about Adalind as people do about Eve. The audience is asked to suspend what they know about the character because of one thing: she had Nick's child.

In Adalind case even when she had LBB she changed to a mother, only doing what she did on that occasion to get back to Diana. Eve now we all know is Juliette but now we are to believe that she isn't Juliette but Eve. In Adalind case they never changed the character but let her be a mother again not so in Eve case.

It doesn't matter what we believe, js. What matters is Nick believes it.

RE: Eve/Juliette - jsgrimm45 - 02-21-2016

(02-21-2016, 10:01 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(02-21-2016, 09:51 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:

It doesn't matter what we believe, js. What matters is Nick believes it.
I believes what he sees Adalind has been a good mother, now on the Eve question is more complex he sees someone he knew for years so I'm not sure how he sees Eve. Every time he is asked he doesn't have an answer. I don't think the writers have flush that out well. I don't see the writers able to bridge that one they made the Eve character to powerful we no longer need Trubel or Nick.