Grimm Forum
Eve/Juliette - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Eve/Juliette (/Thread-Eve-Juliette)

RE: Eve/Juliette - irukandji - 02-20-2016

(02-20-2016, 01:13 PM)Fallout merc Wrote:
(02-20-2016, 01:01 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(02-20-2016, 12:58 PM)New Guy Wrote: Hello Forum:
Eve, Eve, Eve. It rhymes so well with peeve:
Quote:annoy; irritate.
"he was peeved at being left out of the cabinet"
synonyms: irritate, annoy, vex, anger, exasperate, irk, gall, pique, nettle, put out, get on someone's nerves, try someone's patience, ruffle someone's feathers; rub the wrong way;
informal aggravate, rile, needle, get to, bug, get someone's goat, get/put someone's back up, tee off, tick off
"it seems that everything I do peeves her"
New Guy

Also Believe......just saying

So what you two are saying is there are a lot of things that rhyme with eve

cleave cleve
eave
gleave greave
greve grieve
heave kleve
leave leve
mccleave meave
naeve neave
neve
scheve shreeve
shreve sleeve
steve vive
weave we've
yves

Now imagine bubba from Forrest Gump say these words

Yes, I guess you could say I was rhyming. I just used believe as a positive rhyme, where peeve could be looked at as a negative rhyme.

RE: Eve/Juliette - Fallout merc - 02-20-2016

(02-20-2016, 01:17 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(02-20-2016, 01:13 PM)Fallout merc Wrote:
(02-20-2016, 01:01 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(02-20-2016, 12:58 PM)New Guy Wrote: Hello Forum:
Eve, Eve, Eve. It rhymes so well with peeve:
Quote:annoy; irritate.
"he was peeved at being left out of the cabinet"
synonyms: irritate, annoy, vex, anger, exasperate, irk, gall, pique, nettle, put out, get on someone's nerves, try someone's patience, ruffle someone's feathers; rub the wrong way;
informal aggravate, rile, needle, get to, bug, get someone's goat, get/put someone's back up, tee off, tick off
"it seems that everything I do peeves her"
New Guy

Also Believe......just saying

So what you two are saying is there are a lot of things that rhyme with eve

cleave cleve
eave
gleave greave
greve grieve
heave kleve
leave leve
mccleave meave
naeve neave
neve
scheve shreeve
shreve sleeve
steve vive
weave we've
yves

Now imagine bubba from Forrest Gump say these words

Yes, I guess you could say I was rhyming. I just used believe as a positive rhyme, where peeve could be looked at as a negative rhyme.

Oh I know I was joking around

RE: Eve/Juliette - grimmfan14 - 02-20-2016

I roll my eyes at every scene she's in.

Seriously this is just not a good idea by the writers.

It's obvious that they thought Juliette wasn't working, or Bitsie didn't work as Juliette, or whatever, but they like Bitsie and didn't want to write her off. So viola, a character with no emotions that fits Bitsie's acting range. Except the whole think is so poorly executed that I just roll my eyes.

What is the point of Eve? Nick barely even reacts to her! He doesn't seem devastated, or hopeful, or rageful, or ANYTHING. Aside from their first meeting it's just sort of like "ugh Juliette is Eve so confusing whatever." Like no one is having any consistent or strong reaction to her. So what exactly is the point?

RE: Eve/Juliette - Micheal Mcculley - 02-20-2016

(02-20-2016, 02:02 PM)grimmfan14 Wrote: I roll my eyes at every scene she's in.

It's obvious that they thought Juliette wasn't working, or Bitsie didn't work as Juliette, or whatever, but they like Bitsie and didn't want to write her off. So viola, a character with no emotions that fits Bitsie's acting range. Except the whole think is so poorly executed that I just roll my eyes.

What is the point of Eve? Nick barely even reacts to her! He doesn't seem devastated, or hopeful, or rageful, or ANYTHING. Aside from their first meeting it's just sort of like "ugh Juliette is Eve so confusing whatever." Like no one is having any consistent or strong reaction to her. So what exactly is the point?
nick should kill her and keep her dead

nick should kill eve and keep her dead for what she did to his mom

RE: Eve/Juliette - Scully1987 - 02-20-2016

I personally didn't like Juliette at the end of last season. (Before she was one of my favorites) However I'll make a distinction here. "Juliette" is a role - "Bitsie" is the actress. And I hated Juliette/Eve whatever is "her" name now! But I like Bitsie. She also writes a lot with their fans and also give often a response. That's why I make that distinction - and I strangely I starting to like "Eve".

RE: Eve/Juliette - Micheal Mcculley - 02-20-2016

i watch every episode i hate eve

RE: Eve/Juliette - Nightschade - 02-20-2016

One of my biggest issues with Eve is a writing issue (although I am also in the camp that is generally unimpressed by Bitsie's acting skills). The writers are telling us and not showing us. They're just TELLING us she's Eve now and that Juliette is dead and they're just expecting us to accept that without SHOWING us how or even why or illustrating any kind of larger consequence of that. And the fact that all the characters are just like "oh okay, Juliette is Eve now" without requiring a greater burden of proof or even having more questions about it just feels very disingenuous to me. It's like the writers want the viewers to just accept Eve with little fanfare and so they have the characters do it even though IT MAKES NO SENSE. If one of my closest friends claimed "she was dead" and there was now a new person occupying her body, I would react wildly differently to the way the scoobies have, even if I knew magic and wesen and stuff were really. The existence of magic or fantasy does not elimate the need for authentic and basic human experience.

I'm actually not one of the people who is abjectly opposed to Bitsie's return in any way shape or form. I wasn't a fan of her character, but I think if the storyline was better executed I could enjoy it. If they really wanted to make her Eve, there are SO many interesting ways that they could have done it, so many interesting things that they could have shown, which they just haven't done yet. I just don't believe the Eve character. And until I do, I'm not going to enjoy any of her scenes. But for right now, I find the whole thing ridiculous and I also roll my eyes whenever she's on the screen.

I know that a lot of people like or love the Eve character, and I think that's great for you. I wish I could get into it more because this is the first season of grimm where there is a significant portion of the storyline that I dislike. Unfortunately, I'm going to need the writers to put a lot more groundwork in before I can get there.

RE: Eve/Juliette - New Guy - 02-20-2016

(02-20-2016, 02:43 PM)Micheal Mcculley Wrote:
(02-20-2016, 02:02 PM)grimmfan14 Wrote: I roll my eyes at every scene she's in.

nick should kill her and keep her dead

nick should kill eve and keep her dead for what she did to his mom
Hello Micheal,
Welcome to the Forum!
You waste no time. Out of the gate and you want FrankenEve dead. IMO, Trubel killed her in 4.22. The writers declared her DEAD as did Nick, Meisner and other characters. It was a tragic end to the love of Nick's life but a just end to his nemesis. It was great drama.
Now, she is back as this FrankenEve thing. So great drama has been twisted into some phony, wooden super-powered corpse that puts on wigs and kills on command with no emotion.
There is a kryptonite thread. I'll say her kryptonite is guilt. When she realizes what she did the guilt causes such remorse that she literally cannot bear the emotional pain and her own brain implodes. Wishful thinking.
New Guy

RE: Eve/Juliette - Grimmbiest11 - 02-20-2016

I laughed at the glances everyone exchanged and facial expressions when Eve talked about the 'trailer being destroyed'. Like they couldn't believe she was narrating it as if she wasn't the one who burnt it. I also laughed when she referred to Juliette as someone else. Can the writers make up their mind about who this 'Eve' is. It's one thing to be disconnected to the old memories and totally another to not even acknowledge your old identity.

RE: Eve/Juliette - grimmfan14 - 02-20-2016

(02-20-2016, 05:14 PM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote: I laughed at the glances everyone exchanged and facial expressions when Eve talked about the 'trailer being destroyed'. Like they couldn't believe she was narrating it as if she wasn't the one who burnt it. I also laughed when she referred to Juliette as someone else. Can the writers make up their mind about who this 'Eve' is. It's one thing to be disconnected to the old memories and totally another to not even acknowledge your old identity.

I just think they don't know and they haven't decided! It's like they think they can get away with this "oh hi this is Eve she remembers everything but thinks it's not her and feels no emotions" and all the viewers are supposed to be like YAY LOVE IT.

Come on writers.

And the worst part is that like no one has any EMOTIONS about it. They're all like "wow this is weird." But no one, not even NICK, is devastated, or really angry, or really anything about her. So it's like, if they can't work up any emotions about her, why should I? Why should I do anything except roll my eyes at her?