Grimm Forum
Eve/Juliette - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Eve/Juliette (/Thread-Eve-Juliette)

RE: Eve/Juliette - tscchope - 02-20-2016

(02-19-2016, 10:52 PM)Nadalind1987 Wrote: Sorry, but what the actress to do with it? It's just a script! She has to play, what is required
Some actors/actressses do better with their screen time than others.

When Trubel said "I know" to the statement Juliette is dead, 'Eve' had the look of smug satisfaction. So what if we viewers were promised an interrogation and got a positive vetting instead? It's not like viewer opinions matter. 'Eve's' statement "she would have killed you" also serves to remind Trubel that if she voices her suspicions, Juliette will kill her.

I hope there aren't more than a couple of episodes before the Juliette/Eve farce is revealed and that the wait proves worth it.

RE: Eve/Juliette - irukandji - 02-20-2016

(02-19-2016, 10:52 PM)Nadalind1987 Wrote: Sorry, but what the actress to do with it? It's just a script! She has to play, what is required of it (because of the script)

Nadalind, Your question is a good one and I'm so glad someone finally asked. In my opinion, Bitsie has nothing to do with Eve. From the comments I see a lot of people are simply frustrated with the whole path Grimm has taken. They need to blame someone. Eve is the new character, so the blame goes to her.

In truth, the whole company has changed. Nick has lost his edge, Adalind is the boring pretend good wife, and Monroe and Rosalee don't have their own life anymore. They have Nick's life.

Oddly enough, the most interesting characters are starting to be Hank and Wu. I saw Hank shine through once again with what I thought were wise words of caution. I normally don't care for Wu, but I found him much more interesting in the latest episode than the main characters.

It isn't Bitsie at all. It's the writing.

RE: Eve/Juliette - Fallout merc - 02-20-2016

(02-20-2016, 10:46 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(02-19-2016, 10:52 PM)Nadalind1987 Wrote: Sorry, but what the actress to do with it? It's just a script! She has to play, what is required of it (because of the script)

Nadalind, Your question is a good one and I'm so glad someone finally asked. In my opinion, Bitsie has nothing to do with Eve. From the comments I see a lot of people are simply frustrated with the whole path Grimm has taken. They need to blame someone. Eve is the new character, so the blame goes to her.

In truth, the whole company has changed. Nick has lost his edge, Adalind is the boring pretend good wife, and Monroe and Rosalee don't have their own life anymore. They have Nick's life.

Oddly enough, the most interesting characters are starting to be Hank and Wu. I saw Hank shine through once again with what I thought were wise words of caution. I normally don't care for Wu, but I found him much more interesting in the latest episode than the main characters.

Bitsie has no more ruined grimm then Amy Acker and Sahara ruined peroson of interest and they're great actresses in a brilliantly written show and yet fans hated them for "ruining" the chemistry of team machine and now the next seasson may be the last.

RE: Eve/Juliette - Belle - 02-20-2016

(02-20-2016, 11:21 AM)Fallout merc Wrote:

Bitsie has no more ruined grimm then Amy Acker and Sahara ruined peroson of interest and they're great actresses in a brilliantly written show and yet fans hated them for "ruining" the chemistry of team machine and now the next seasson may be the last.

Never watched Person of Interest, so I can't comment on those changes, but in the case of Grimm you have the same actress returning as the same person with the same memories claiming to be a different character...
That's pretty insulting on its face and definitely not something likely to change the minds of all the fans who wanted to see Juliette killed off for good.
Rereading all the comments, it becomes clear that a lot of viewers feel Bitsie Tulloch can't act (I tend to agree). There are also those who theorize that creating the emotionless Eve character was merely an attempt to cover up this fact, which appears to have failed on many counts.
Whether you attribute it the writing, the acting or a combination of the two, every time Juliette/Eve/Bitsie makes an appearance on screen everyone I watch with groans.
To quote Stephen King, Sometimes dead is better.
In the case of Juliette, I truly believe it would have been in the best interest of the series to kill her off and leave it that way.

(02-20-2016, 11:38 AM)Belle Wrote:

Never watched Person of Interest, so I can't comment on those changes, but in the case of Grimm you have the same actress returning as the same person with the same memories claiming to be a different character...
That's pretty insulting on its face and definitely not something likely to change the minds of all the fans who wanted to see Juliette killed off for good.
Rereading all the comments, it becomes clear that a lot of viewers feel Bitsie Tulloch can't act (I tend to agree). There are also those who theorize that creating the emotionless Eve character was merely an attempt to cover up this fact, which appears to have failed on many counts.
Whether you attribute it the writing, the acting or a combination of the two, every time Juliette/Eve/Bitsie makes an appearance on screen everyone I watch with groans.
In the case of Juliette, I truly believe it would have been in the best interest of the series to kill her off and leave it that way.

And yet when she did get killed off and everyone thought she wasn't coming back it didn't help the show did it?

Ratings went down killing Juliette didn't bring anybody back. While I doubt eve brings viewers in the fact that the last five episodes have done better in numbers then the first five episodes when she wasn't around doesn't tell me eve brings down the show. So your free to hate anyone you want. A lot of shows have at least one character few people like ( Elena from tvd, Hayley for the originals, etc) but as of right now this hate on eve is just talk more noisy then effective.

RE: Eve/Juliette - Belle - 02-20-2016

(02-20-2016, 12:05 PM)Fallout merc Wrote:

And yet when she did get killed off and everyone thought she wasn't coming back it didn't help the show did it?

Ratings went down killing Juliette didn't bring anybody back. While I doubt eve brings viewers in the fact that the last five episodes have done better in numbers then the first five episodes when she wasn't around doesn't tell me eve brings down the show. So your free to hate anyone you want. A lot of shows have at least one character few people like ( Elena from tvd, Hayley for the originals, etc) but as of right now this hate on eve is just talk more noisy then effective.

So sorry, didn't know my opinions had to be "effective" in order for me to express them.
Better tell all the other people who don't like Juliette...

(02-20-2016, 12:33 PM)Belle Wrote:
(02-20-2016, 12:05 PM)Fallout merc Wrote:
(02-20-2016, 10:46 AM)irukandji Wrote: Nadalind, Your question is a good one and I'm so glad someone finally asked. In my opinion, Bitsie has nothing to do with Eve. From the comments I see a lot of people are simply frustrated with the whole path Grimm has taken. They need to blame someone. Eve is the new character, so the blame goes to her.

So sorry, didn't know my opinions had to be "effective" in order for me to express them.
Better tell all the other people who don't like Juliette...

You can express your opinion I just gave you mine you replied to me remember.

RE: Eve/Juliette - New Guy - 02-20-2016

Hello Forum:
Eve, Eve, Eve. It rhymes so well with peeve:
Quote:annoy; irritate.
"he was peeved at being left out of the cabinet"
synonyms: irritate, annoy, vex, anger, exasperate, irk, gall, pique, nettle, put out, get on someone's nerves, try someone's patience, ruffle someone's feathers; rub the wrong way;
informal aggravate, rile, needle, get to, bug, get someone's goat, get/put someone's back up, tee off, tick off
"it seems that everything I do peeves her"
New Guy

RE: Eve/Juliette - irukandji - 02-20-2016

(02-20-2016, 12:58 PM)New Guy Wrote: Hello Forum:
synonyms: irritate, annoy, vex, anger, exasperate, irk, gall, pique, nettle, put out, get on someone's nerves, try someone's patience, ruffle someone's feathers; rub the wrong way;
informal aggravate, rile, needle, get to, bug, get someone's goat, get/put someone's back up, tee off, tick off
New Guy

Also Believe......just saying

(02-20-2016, 01:01 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(02-20-2016, 12:58 PM)New Guy Wrote: Hello Forum:
New Guy

Also Believe......just saying

So what you two are saying is there are a lot of things that rhyme with eve

cleave cleve
eave
gleave greave
greve grieve
heave kleve
leave leve
mccleave meave
naeve neave