Grimm Forum
Eve/Juliette - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Eve/Juliette (/Thread-Eve-Juliette)

RE: Eve/Juliette - New Guy - 02-08-2016

(02-08-2016, 05:49 PM)izzy Wrote:
(02-08-2016, 03:27 PM)syscrash Wrote: ...VD is a serial drama...

One can have such fun taking quotes out of context, but even I am not going to touch that one...LOL
Izzy,
I saw that too. Didn't touch it. LOL
New Guy

RE: Eve/Juliette - izzy - 02-08-2016

(02-08-2016, 05:59 PM)New Guy Wrote:
(02-08-2016, 05:49 PM)izzy Wrote:
(02-08-2016, 03:27 PM)syscrash Wrote: ...VD is a serial drama...

One can have such fun taking quotes out of context, but even I am not going to touch that one...LOL
Izzy,
I saw that too. Didn't touch it. LOL
New Guy

Wait we can:

Valentines Day is a serial drama - so nay-nay...LOL

RE: Eve/Juliette - syscrash - 02-08-2016

Quote:Could be shortened to; "Using intellect makes no sense." So to "make sense" of Grimm characters, one should not use one's intellect.
It would be my hope that this Forum be quite the contrary. I joined the Forum to enjoy spirited debates and intellectual arguments:
Quote:
An intellectual is a person who engages in critical study, thought, and reflection about the reality of society, and proposes solutions for the normative problems of that society, and, by such discourse in the public sphere, he or she gains authority within the public opinion.
Thank you to all Forum contributors.
thinking you could shorten the statement explains why you think you can shorten the statement. The point is to have critical study the subject has to have substance. You argue like Grimm is making commentary. Shows like Law and Order, The good wife, Madam secretary. Are meant to insight intellectual conversation. But you has shows like Grimm, Arrow, SHIELD are not. Do they tackle social, political, and ethical issues yes. But the shows in them selves are not meant to spark debate.

New Guy that is why I find your arguments on Grimm strange because they are good arguments just the wrong forum. You almost strike me as someone that holding your position here is more about the challenge then it is to prove a point.

RE: Eve/Juliette - izzy - 02-08-2016

(02-08-2016, 06:16 PM)syscrash Wrote: New Guy that is why I find your arguments on Grimm strange because they are good arguments just the wrong forum. You almost strike me as someone that holding your position here is more about the challenge then it is to prove a point.

New Guy and I have butted heads so many times in so many threads I have brain damage (hey, at least I admit it). That being said, I respect him. He stands in good stead in terms of keeping up his end of the societal contract we were all implicitly pledged to uphold.

RE: Eve/Juliette - New Guy - 02-11-2016

Hello Forum,
Thanks for all your comments about my posts. So what do viewers think about Eve, or as I refer to her FrankenEve?
A poll was set up today "USD POLL : Are you happy about Bitsie Tulloch's return to Grimm?" at:
http://www.spoilertv.com/search/label/Grimm
Add your vote. The early results show 201 No (not happy) to 93 Yes (happy) that is roughly 2:1.
I'm not sure if my posting will be a "shallow" or "strange" one. IMO, NBC can care less how viewers react to the return of Bitsie Tulloch. They do care about advertising revenue. Data source: http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/tv-advertising-prices-football-empire-walking-dead-big-bang-theory-1201603800/
Quote:Below, a night-by-night rundown of prices for broadcast programs scheduled to air this season in fall or midseason slots:

FRIDAY
ABC
8PM: Last Man Standing $64,881
830PM: Dr. Ken $63,434
830PM: Uncle Buck $75,000 (midseason)
9PM: Shark Tank $102,047
10PM: 20/20 $62,565
CBS
8PM: The Amazing Race $66,841
9PM: Hawaii Five-0 $75,187
10PM: Blue Bloods $72,477
FOX
8PM: Masterchef Junior $97,451
8PM: Sleepy Hollow $55,427
9PM: World’s Funniest Fails $43,587
9PM: Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader $77,634 (midseason)
NBC
8PM: Undateable $47,937
830PM: Truth Be Told $83,099
9PM: Grimm $100,713
10PM: Dateline NBC $48,236
CW
8PM: Reign $19,521
9PM: America’s Next Top Model $17,267
IMO, Grimm is high priced for a show that is losing viewership.
New Guy

RE: Eve/Juliette - irukandji - 02-11-2016

(02-11-2016, 01:10 PM)New Guy Wrote: Hello Forum,
Thanks for all your comments about my posts. So what do viewers think about Eve, or as I refer to her FrankenEve?
A poll was set up today "USD POLL : Are you happy about Bitsie Tulloch's return to Grimm?" at:
Add your vote. The early results show 201 No (not happy) to 93 Yes (happy) that is roughly 2:1.

Hey New Guy-
Doesn't it seem odd that they would focus on Bitsie? Grimm isn't a hugely popular show, it's really clawing to stay in the ratings. Even if it was a hugely popular show, what a dumb poll. Don't these people have anything better to do?

RE: Eve/Juliette - Robyn - 02-11-2016

(02-11-2016, 05:07 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(02-11-2016, 01:10 PM)New Guy Wrote: Hello Forum,

Hey New Guy-
Doesn't it seem odd that they would focus on Bitsie? Grimm isn't a hugely popular show, it's really clawing to stay in the ratings. Even if it was a hugely popular show, what a dumb poll. Don't these people have anything better to do?

Is it possible the showrunners are genuinely interested in viewers' reactions to the character, and will consider the results when deciding whether Eve lives or dies or leaves Portland/the show should Grimm get another season?

RE: Eve/Juliette - Hexenadler - 02-11-2016

(02-11-2016, 05:26 PM)Robyn Wrote: Is it possible the showrunners are genuinely interested in viewers' reactions to the character, and will consider the results when deciding whether Eve lives or dies or leaves Portland/the show should Grimm get another season?

If you check out the comments section beneath that poll, you'll see someone listed the viewing figures for the first seven episodes of season 5:

Quote:* 501 - "The Grimm Identity" - 4.04 million (Premiere, focused Nick/Adalind/Kelly)
* 502 - "Clear and Wesen Danger" - 3.78 million (Focused Nick/Adalind/Kelly)
* 503 - "Lost Boys" - 3.66 million (Focused Nick/Adalind/Kelly)
* 504 - "Maiden Quest" - 3.63 million (Focused Nick/Adalind/Kelly)
* 505 - "The Rat King" - 3.69 million (Focused Nick/Adalind/Kelly/Trubel)
* 506 - "Wesen Nacht" - 3.64 million (Focused Nick/Trubel/Black Claw)
* 507 - "Eve of Destruction" - 3.81 million (Third episode with most views, Nick/Adalind/Kelly/Trubel/Juliette/Eve)
* 508 - "A Reptile Dysfunction" - 4.42 million (Focused Nick/Eve, episode with more views, no Adalind and no Kelly)

So, it looks as if the ratings actually started to improve after Bitsie came back to the show.

RE: Eve/Juliette - syscrash - 02-11-2016

Quote:Hey New Guy-
any answer would be solely based on hexenette. Because it was needed to destroy Julliette to have Eve it is not a fair question to Judge future action. It does show that Bitsie has a very large following. But asking about Bitsie return would be like asking about Alexis's return.

RE: Eve/Juliette - syscrash - 02-12-2016

Looking back, twice Bitsie was filmed in a casket, but was never part of the show. The first was the promo shot for the sleeping Beauty episode. you might know it as (she was in a comma). The second was Juliette's death. The promos used the full color shot. unlike the show which was black and white.

Just saying she might want to look into a revolving mortuary package. Or at least see if see can get a recurring customer discount.