Grimm Forum
Eve/Juliette - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Eve/Juliette (/Thread-Eve-Juliette)

RE: Eve/Juliette - Grimmbiest11 - 02-06-2016

Seems to me that Eve is Jason Bourne v2.0 except that in the Bourne storyline they totally brainwashed David Webb aka Jason Bourne. They even gave him a little surgery to make his face seem 'ordinary'. He dyed his hair from time to time and that would completely alter his look. He was knows as 'chameleon' because he could fit in anywhere. At first he had no remorse for his past actions because he really could not remember anything. But when his memories began to come back he felt sorry and acknowledged his wrong doings in the past.
As for Eve, she still seems to be in her right faculties, retains all the memories of Juliette. Apparently she just refuses to be sorry because she has new priorities. Basically she's now a sociopath, shows no acknowledgment of past wrong actions nor does she feel any remorse.

RE: Eve/Juliette - Fallout merc - 02-06-2016

(02-06-2016, 11:59 AM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote: Seems to me that Eve is Jason Bourne v2.0 except that in the Bourne storyline they totally brainwashed David Webb aka Jason Bourne. They even gave him a little surgery to make his face seem 'ordinary'. He dyed his hair from time to time and that would completely alter his look. He was knows as 'chameleon' because he could fit in anywhere. At first he had no remorse for his past actions because he really could not remember anything. But when his memories began to come back he felt sorry and acknowledged his wrong doings in the past.
As for Eve, she still seems to be in her right faculties, retains all the memories of Juliette. Apparently she just refuses to be sorry because she has new priorities. Basically she's now a sociopath, shows no acknowledgment of past wrong actions nor does she feel any remorse.

OMG someone finally GETS IT

RE: Eve/Juliette - Belle - 02-06-2016

(02-06-2016, 11:59 AM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote: Seems to me that Eve is Jason Bourne v2.0 except that in the Bourne storyline they totally brainwashed David Webb aka Jason Bourne. They even gave him a little surgery to make his face seem 'ordinary'. He dyed his hair from time to time and that would completely alter his look. He was knows as 'chameleon' because he could fit in anywhere. At first he had no remorse for his past actions because he really could not remember anything. But when his memories began to come back he felt sorry and acknowledged his wrong doings in the past.

That's a good comparison, but it's even worse than that.
Did you catch the row of hooker wigs in the back of Juliette's room?
I couldn't help rolling my eyes when I saw that.
Exactly how does wearing cheap outlandish hair make her a new person? Or help her fight the forces of evil?

RE: Eve/Juliette - jsgrimm45 - 02-06-2016

(02-06-2016, 12:39 PM)Belle Wrote:

That's a good comparison, but it's even worse than that.
Did you catch the row of hooker wigs in the back of Juliette's room?
I couldn't help rolling my eyes when I saw that.
Exactly how does wearing cheap outlandish hair make her a new person? Or help her fight the forces of evil?
Adding to this what did Eve mean when she told Meisner maybe we should have changed my face or maybe we should do to him (Nick) what you did to me what did that mean? Can HW take anyone and change them into and Eve type? How drugs or does HW have part of what the keys have hidden say a small sample? Could this small sample only do so much?

RE: Eve/Juliette - syscrash - 02-06-2016

Eve is more then a soldier she is an assassin. Even as Hexenette she could have never been an assassin. She has a very different perspective on things. But yes she still sounds, looks, and even acts like Juliette. The "it's chicken" line signature Juliette.

Arguing if she is and if she isn't Juliette misses the entire point. Season 5 is a reboot and everyone has changed, all things in the past are in the past. Most shows use some type of time travel to explain the reboot. Grimm is using a big broom. To pick a part the problem in characters changes will detract from enjoying the show. A problem new viewers won't have.

Eve is Eve from a show stand point it is in material how she got there. The same as Adalind's past is Adalind's past.

RE: Eve/Juliette - New Guy - 02-08-2016

Hello Forum,

Just imagine if HW stole Juliette's corpse and just buried it beside Kelly Burkhardt. Nick would have real closure for his Mother and his former love interest. No endless debate of J/H/F's guilt, remorse, etc.
So to keep Bitsie's legal team happy there is this Hexenbiest killing machine at HW. She is Juliette's twin sister, Eve, who was raised by her aunt in Portugal. They never saw each other after six months old when both parents were murdered by the Royals. Eve's powers presented early and her aunt taught her well. Juliette, not so well, as we know and she got herself killed. As HW was tracking activity in Portland the resemblance of Eve and Juliette got their attention. When they compared DNA from Juliette's corpse with Eve's DNA it was conclusive they were identical twins.

This forum could devise many plot lines and character arcs that include Eve as her own Hexenbiest character. Why did the writers retain remnants of the most hated character on the show?

New Guy

RE: Eve/Juliette - Hexenadler - 02-08-2016

(02-06-2016, 03:51 PM)syscrash Wrote: Arguing if she is and if she isn't Juliette misses the entire point. Season 5 is a reboot and everyone has changed, all things in the past are in the past.

Not this time.

[Image: thepast_zpsrqmnbtvo.jpg]

RE: Eve/Juliette - syscrash - 02-08-2016

Quote:This forum could devise many plot lines and character arcs that include Eve as her own Hexenbiest character. Why did the writers retain remnants of the most hated character on the show?

Because it take knowing Juliette to understand how Eve will act. Eve is Juliette with assassin training. To understand that is realizing what makes up Juliette's sensitivity would prevent her from being an assassin. Using an intellectual argument to judge the characters of a situational drama Makes no sense. A serial drama's are written with overall continuity. This is easier if you keep it grounded in real world psychology and social structures. Situation dramas are written for the quick gratification each scene provides. A show can have an over all story arc. The arc does not drive the situations and can be violated if in doing so will add impact to the situation. In a situation drama bad writing is not the lack of continuity but the lack of pay off.

Just from a simple observation you can see the difference. Grimm you can cut clips for every episode. Something like Vampire Diaries other then certain love scenes, you get very few clips. VD is a serial drama whose next episode depends on you watching the last episode. The same with Lost. Fringe is a lot like Grimm and it also make a switch. They use opening an alternate universe to explain the switch. The show went from being about the situations. To being about the characters.

RE: Eve/Juliette - New Guy - 02-08-2016

Syscrash,
Regarding your comment:
Quote:Using an intellectual argument to judge the characters of a situational drama Makes no sense.
Could be shortened to; "Using intellect makes no sense." So to "make sense" of Grimm characters, one should not use one's intellect.
It would be my hope that this Forum be quite the contrary. I joined the Forum to enjoy spirited debates and intellectual arguments:
Quote:An intellectual is a person who engages in critical study, thought, and reflection about the reality of society, and proposes solutions for the normative problems of that society, and, by such discourse in the public sphere, he or she gains authority within the public opinion.
Thank you to all Forum contributors.
New Guy

RE: Eve/Juliette - izzy - 02-08-2016

(02-08-2016, 03:27 PM)syscrash Wrote: ...VD is a serial drama...

One can have such fun taking quotes out of context, but even I am not going to touch that one...LOL