Grimm Forum
Eve/Juliette - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Eve/Juliette (/Thread-Eve-Juliette)

RE: Eve/Juliette - jsgrimm45 - 02-05-2016

(02-05-2016, 03:54 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(02-05-2016, 01:11 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Ok here my 2 cents but only on that Hexenette could become a total out of control monster. Remember Ben Franklin "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure".Big GrinBig Grin

That is an interesting thought, but what would be the driving force to make her an out of control monster?
Some of the biggest problems start out because we don't address them when they are small. This post was more of a joke to @New Guy post than a insightful post. Sorry.

RE: Eve/Juliette - syscrash - 02-05-2016

The group is not ready for satirical prose. This group gets lost on the concept of a situation drama. I am starting to wonder is some of this just people playing devil's advocate. Or as I have done on the forums of other shows push buttons to see what happens. Some of the reasoning in the post really scares me. That people are stuck and will fight for a propaganda driven points of view. Gives me doubt that a civilization moving toward enlightened individuals is possible.

RE: Eve/Juliette - Nightschade - 02-05-2016

So after this episode I'm still not buying eve. I think I will really need to know exactly what they did to her to make her like this before I can fully get on board with the character and everything connected to her, because right now the vagueness off it all just makes it seem a little ridiculous to me. What did everyone else think about Eve in this episode?

RE: Eve/Juliette - New Guy - 02-05-2016

(02-05-2016, 08:31 PM)Nightschade Wrote: So after this episode I'm still not buying eve. I think I will really need to know exactly what they did to her to make her like this before I can fully get on board with the character and everything connected to her, because right now the vagueness off it all just makes it seem a little ridiculous to me. What did everyone else think about Eve in this episode?
Hi Nightschade,
Indeed, 5.08 reinforces my position that Eve aka JHF (Juliette/Hexenette/FrankenEve) is an emotionless, homicidal, robotic mass killing thing. Her hooker wigs are totally ridiculous. Her contention that Hexenette is guilty of murder and arson but she is innocent is intolerable. Note that all she does in 5.08 is twist the blade of hatred she drove into Nick. She is of absolutely no help in the lake monster plot. The show has plenty of characters capable of handling BC without having the viewers endure more of the most hated character on the show, JHF.
New Guy

RE: Eve/Juliette - Fallout merc - 02-05-2016

(02-05-2016, 09:00 PM)New Guy Wrote:
(02-05-2016, 08:31 PM)Nightschade Wrote: So after this episode I'm still not buying eve. I think I will really need to know exactly what they did to her to make her like this before I can fully get on board with the character and everything connected to her, because right now the vagueness off it all just makes it seem a little ridiculous to me. What did everyone else think about Eve in this episode?
Hi Nightschade,
Indeed, 5.08 reinforces my position that Eve aka JHF (Juliette/Hexenette/FrankenEve) is an emotionless, homicidal, robotic mass killing thing. Her hooker wigs are totally ridiculous. Her contention that Hexenette is guilty of murder and arson but she is innocent is intolerable. Note that all she does in 5.08 is twist the blade of hatred she drove into Nick. She is of absolutely no help in the lake monster plot. The show has plenty of characters capable of handling BC without having the viewers endure more of the most hated character on the show, JHF.
New Guy
Why does she need to be involed in the case and frankly nick didn't do anything either just sat in the car truble killed the the culprit then he let one of the brothers get away and get shot.

RE: Eve/Juliette - jsgrimm45 - 02-06-2016

(02-05-2016, 09:51 PM)Fallout merc Wrote:
Hi Nightschade,
New Guy
Why does she need to be involed in the case and frankly nick didn't do anything either just sat in the car truble killed the the culprit then he let one of the brothers get away and get shot.
Should we take this to show Nick and Trubel working together a good team, like you said Eve had nothing to do with this episode was a pure Portland problem not BC.

RE: Eve/Juliette - Nightschade - 02-06-2016

(02-06-2016, 07:54 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
Hi Nightschade,
New Guy
Should we take this to show Nick and Trubel working together a good team, like you said Eve had nothing to do with this episode was a pure Portland problem not BC.

I don't think that she needs to be involved in the case. In fact, I don't want her to be. I really just want them to show exactly how she became Eve. Until then, I really can't get on board with the character. I've tried to push my doubts aside, but it still just feels a little ridiculous to me. Especially since Bitsie said she's not brainwashed. So then what did they do to her? They 'broke her' isn't enough for me. What does that MEAN? How do you break somebody so much that they think that they're another person but apparently maintain all their memories and wits? Because somebody who was tortured would not be as in control of themselves as Eve seems to be. Right now, to me at least, it just seems like they beat her anger out of her and they gave her "a new purpose to live in defeating BC". But that doesn't make her a new person. That doesn't make her Eve. It just makes her Juliette with less anger and a new purpose.

I'm still waiting for the writers to sell me on the fact that Eve is a completely different person from Juliette, and if they don't, I feel like I will always find the storyline ridiculous. I would almost have preferred it if they had killed Juliette and Eve was a new person in her body. That would have made more sense.

Or as "Eve" said in the episode, give her a new face. That would have made it easier to see her as a different person. Of course, then that would mean the writers couldn't keep Bitsie on the show, which we all know was the purpose of this entire plotline. (I don't dislike Bitsie as a person or actress, she seems lovely, I'm just very frustrated by this Eve plotline)

RE: Eve/Juliette - irukandji - 02-06-2016

(02-05-2016, 04:20 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(02-05-2016, 01:11 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Ok here my 2 cents but only on that Hexenette could become a total out of control monster. Remember Ben Franklin "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure".Big GrinBig Grin

That is an interesting thought, but what would be the driving force to make her an out of control monster?
Some of the biggest problems start out because we don't address them when they are small. This post was more of a joke to @New Guy post than a insightful post. Sorry.

No, that's okay. It actually is an interesting thought. While I would credit that idea to anyone on the forum, I don't think the creative team behind Grimm is smart enough to think of it.

RE: Eve/Juliette - jsgrimm45 - 02-06-2016

(02-06-2016, 08:41 AM)Nightschade Wrote:
Hi Nightschade,
New Guy

I don't think that she needs to be involved in the case. In fact, I don't want her to be. I really just want them to show exactly how she became Eve. Until then, I really can't get on board with the character. I've tried to push my doubts aside, but it still just feels a little ridiculous to me. Especially since Bitsie said she's not brainwashed. So then what did they do to her? They 'broke her' isn't enough for me. What does that MEAN? How do you break somebody so much that they think that they're another person but apparently maintain all their memories and wits? Because somebody who was tortured would not be as in control of themselves as Eve seems to be. Right now, to me at least, it just seems like they beat her anger out of her and they gave her "a new purpose to live in defeating BC". But that doesn't make her a new person. That doesn't make her Eve. It just makes her Juliette with less anger and a new purpose.

I'm still waiting for the writers to sell me on the fact that Eve is a completely different person from Juliette, and if they don't, I feel like I will always find the storyline ridiculous. I would almost have preferred it if they had killed Juliette and Eve was a new person in her body. That would have made more sense.

Or as "Eve" said in the episode, give her a new face. That would have made it easier to see her as a different person. Of course, then that would mean the writers couldn't keep Bitsie on the show, which we all know was the purpose of this entire plotline. (I don't dislike Bitsie as a person or actress, she seems lovely, I'm just very frustrated by this Eve plotline)
The answer is in military basic training. When you enter basic training you need to be broken in a sense to become part of the whole and a team member. I can't explain everything from basic but it works. The marching for one, keeping in step is not as easy as it sounds. Hand to hand combat training hurts my partner in basic was 6'4" I was 5'8" so after he dropped me a few times went my turn came I did all I could to drop him as hard as I could. You exit basic a different person and a team member.

HW did the samething to Eve you have to train out the individual and train in the team member.

(02-06-2016, 09:00 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(02-05-2016, 04:20 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:

No, that's okay. It actually is an interesting thought. While I would credit that idea to anyone on the forum, I don't think the creative team behind Grimm is smart enough to think of it.
You could be right on the writers and the creative team. I agree on your point on the forum.

RE: Eve/Juliette - Nightschade - 02-06-2016

(02-06-2016, 09:44 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(02-06-2016, 08:41 AM)Nightschade Wrote:
(02-05-2016, 09:00 PM)New Guy Wrote: Hi Nightschade,
New Guy

The answer is in military basic training. When you enter basic training you need to be broken in a sense to become part of the whole and a team member. I can't explain everything from basic but it works. The marching for one, keeping in step is not as easy as it sounds. Hand to hand combat training hurts my partner in basic was 6'4" I was 5'8" so after he dropped me a few times went my turn came I did all I could to drop him as hard as I could. You exit basic a different person and a team member.

HW did the samething to Eve you have to train out the individual and train in the team member.

I can buy that the training changed her focus from that of her individual issues to that of the bigger picture. This isn't the issue for me. I can believe that she no longer cares about the things that happened in the past and is putting all her energy into defeating black claw. I just don't understand how any of this makes her a different person.

In the millitary people are trained to put the whole before the individual, but that doesn't mean their previous identity is "dead". It just means that now being a soldier comes before that. I can believe that Eve is a soldier. I understand it. But the writers and the showrunners and Bitsie have all been saying that "Juliette is dead!". And so if they want us to really believe that Juliette is dead and Eve is really a completely different person and not just Juliette with a new focus in life, in my opinion they're going to have to give us a lot more information.