Grimm Forum
Eve/Juliette - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Eve/Juliette (/Thread-Eve-Juliette)

RE: Eve/Juliette - syscrash - 02-01-2016

Quote:And the fact she contributed to the murder of Kelly Burkhardt by voluntarily cooperating with Kenneth? Not to mention the as-yet-undisclosed number of neighbors who were slaughtered by the Royals on the exact same night because she disclosed the location of Nick's home? Houses that probably contained entire families who were savagely butchered? Is the jury supposed to gloss over those sordid little details?
She helped plan the kidnapping not the murder. No where in the plan was killing Kelly even brought up. You are basing your logic of guilt based on a logical assumption. It is not crime to lack comprehension. Where she would be guilty is, contributing to a felony after the fact. For not reporting a known crime and helping to flee. If she testified she might not even get time. Especially if she uses the excuse she was intimidated by their power and privilege.

RE: Eve/Juliette - New Guy - 02-02-2016

(02-01-2016, 08:45 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(02-01-2016, 07:05 PM)New Guy Wrote: Hi Irukandji,
Recall that only when Renard showed Nick the surveillance video did he know he killed the guy. No excuse, but he was out of his mind at the time. Criminally insane.
Juliette on the other hand clearly remembers all she did. She "likes who she is" and likes the vile acts she does. No insanity. All premeditated. Eve is Juliette and clearly remembers all those vile acts. She is even more wooden now and does not express pride in her deeds nor remorse for those deeds. When Meisner says "Eve Kill!" She just waits for who and where then kills without any thought. Just a robot. Nothing human about her, but that is no excuse.
Juliette/Hexenette/Eve torched the trailer and set up all the murders. She is a guilty felon.
New Guy

Hello New Guy-
I'm no lawyer here, but if I were a juror at Nick's trial, I wouldn't believe the old "well I blacked out so I don't remember anything." People have blacked out from intoxication while behind the wheel of a car and killed innocents. They don't get off with temporary insanity, they get convicted of motor vehicular homicide and sentenced to prison. In Nick's case it was even worse. If a jury had seen that tape (which I think was conveniently destroyed), they would have convicted Nick. There was clear intent there. Nick went after the man and killed him.

Juliette, on the other hand, might get off with temporary insanity. Nick dumped her, the scoobies dumped her, Nick puts her in jail, Adalind turns up, pregnant with Nick's kid. Juliette, enraged, tries to attack Adalind and Nick intervenes. Juliette torches the trailer. The rage Juliette experienced could actually constitute temporary insanity. She could be completely lucid and remember everything. However, during those periods of rage, Juliette could defend herself, stating her rage made her mentally ill, and thus unable to control herself.

She might not win, but there's a chance. In Nick's case, there would be zero chance.
Hi Irukandji,
If I were a juror on those trials I would vote guilty to both of them. Nick's green spit zombie would not move me. Juliette's cry baby "a hexenbiest spirit made me do it." Would fall flat after Monroe's testimony and multiple witnesses confirm Hexenette "likes who she is."
We see this differently. IMO, Nick was out of his mind. He did not know who he was, where he was or what he was doing. He just would not be able to prove it, so Renard destroyed the evidence and talked Nick out of confession. Juliette was fully cognizant of what she did. She dreamed of murdering Rosalee, attempted to murder Adalind and Monroe. She committed arson and called Nick to see what she had done. She voluntarily participated in the murders of Kelly and her neighbors. So after testimony from Nick, the relatives and friends of the neighbors and graphic evidence will her whine move a jury? The things the Scoobies did were logical defensive reactions to a confrontational bestial psychopath. Who in their right mind would want to be around someone who on at any moment could feel the need to rip out your throat or explode your brain. Hexenette was a menace to society and she liked it.
New Guy

RE: Eve/Juliette - jsgrimm45 - 02-02-2016

I would point out that the guy Nick killed in the bar pulled a knife behind Nick's back, just for information.

RE: Eve/Juliette - irukandji - 02-02-2016

(02-02-2016, 09:50 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: I would point out that the guy Nick killed in the bar pulled a knife behind Nick's back, just for information.

I read the recap and the script summary. There was nothing about self-defense on Nick's part or mention of the guy pulling a knife on Nick. In fact, the scoobies agreed that Nick murdered the guy in the bar so they told a story to cover it up. In addition, according to the script, Nick also tried to kill an innocent man and his family, he tried to kill Hank, Monroe, and Sean, and the script also says he struck Juliette.

RE: Eve/Juliette - Grimmbiest11 - 02-02-2016

I have a question. When Juliette planned everything with the royals did she honestly think that they would just leave Kelly alive and grab Diana? Or she just didn't care?

RE: Eve/Juliette - New Guy - 02-02-2016

(02-02-2016, 10:34 AM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote: I have a question. When Juliette planned everything with the royals did she honestly think that they would just leave Kelly alive and grab Diana? Or she just didn't care?
Hi Grimmbiest,
Juliette (Hexenette) hooked up with the royals to improve her chances to kill Adalind. She was in a killing mode and will likely remain an instrument of death until Eve gets Juliette's corpse returned to dead. Who in the FBI is in charge of Project Frankenstein anyhow?
Juliette/Hexenette/Eve does not give a rat's rump who she hurts or kills. She does like her hexen power and seems to particularly enjoy leaving a pile of dead bodies. A while back I proposed an episode called "The Vet Ate My Pet."
New Guy

(02-02-2016, 10:34 AM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote: I have a question. When Juliette planned everything with the royals did she honestly think that they would just leave Kelly alive and grab Diana? Or she just didn't care?

I have been wondering about the situation only from a different angle. Why did Kelly bring Diana in the first place? Juliette never told her to. It's been said that Kelly would assume Juliette would watch Diana while she tended to Nick. But Kelly was instructed not to bring Diana around. She knew the danger Diana was in.

It's been said that while Kelly had Diana, she was teaching her things. I assume part of that teaching would be instruction on using her powers to help others. I have been wondering if Kelly brought Diana, figuring that is there was any trouble, Diana would naturally come to Kelly's aid.

I'm not excusing Juliette in all of this, but maybe she figured Diana would help Kelly too. Maybe she really believed that Kelly wouldn't be killed because Diana was there to help her.

RE: Eve/Juliette - Grimmbiest11 - 02-02-2016

Except who would Kelly leave Diana with? Who was she going to trust with the child in her absence? Diana not only had a bounty on her but she's also a magically powerful child. She would freak out the normal human beings. Imho it makes sense that Kelly traveled with Diana.
Also Juliette did nothing when she heard the fight between Kelly and Kenneth. There was no way she was hoping Kelly would make it out in one piece because then she would confront her for deceiving her.

(02-02-2016, 11:05 AM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote: Except who would Kelly leave Diana with? Who was she going to trust with the child in her absence? Diana not only had a bounty on her but she's also a magically powerful child. She would freak out the normal human beings. Imho it makes sense that Kelly traveled with Diana.
Also Juliette did nothing when she heard the fight between Kelly and Kenneth. There was no way she was hoping Kelly would make it out in one piece because then she would confront her for deceiving her.

Kelly violated the instructions she was given. She was told not to let Diana fall into the hands of the resistance or the royals. She knew Nick's house was probably the most dangerous place that baby could be. It's a magnet for all kinds of mayhem. Why Kelly would risk taking her back there is beyond me.

It's assumed that Kelly would take Diana to some lonely cabin up in the hills somewhere where only the two of them would reside. But why would she do that? She's not a young person and she's a Grimm with probably a thousand bounties on head. It would be logical that she would have trust in a colleague or colleagues that could step in if something happened to her.

Also, Diana was a baby when Kelly left with her. No one knew she was a child until Kelly appeared on the scene with her.

I'm not excusing Juliette here, but she may have figured Diana would step in to save Kelly. Why she didn't will probably never be known.

RE: Eve/Juliette - jsgrimm45 - 02-02-2016

(02-02-2016, 10:16 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(02-02-2016, 09:50 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: I would point out that the guy Nick killed in the bar pulled a knife behind Nick's back, just for information.

I read the recap and the script summary. There was nothing about self-defense on Nick's part or mention of the guy pulling a knife on Nick. In fact, the scoobies agreed that Nick murdered the guy in the bar so they told a story to cover it up. In addition, according to the script, Nick also tried to kill an innocent man and his family, he tried to kill Hank, Monroe, and Sean, and the script also says he struck Juliette.
I have the DVD he did pull a knife. I didn't say self defense I just point out that the guy he killed in the bar had a knife.

http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Season_Three_Fights