Grimm Forum
Eve/Juliette - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Eve/Juliette (/Thread-Eve-Juliette)

RE: Eve/Juliette - wfmyers1207 - 01-31-2016

(01-31-2016, 01:16 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: I noted Trubel there what else may we learn for that episode? No doubt Trubel would ask questions.

Hmm...Or could Truble be there to make sure that Eve does not get out of hand? Dodgy

After all, we are talking about one volatile hexenbitch here! Confused

RE: Eve/Juliette - syscrash - 01-31-2016

Quote:Hmm...Or could Truble be there to make sure that Eve does not get out of hand? Dodgy

After all, we are talking about one volatile hexenbitch here! Confused

From what we have seen, what could Trubel possible do to stop Eve. I think Trubel is there to provide response to Eve methods of interrogation. If I have to guess the interrogation will be brutal. Where Eve goes with this will even make Trubel cringe. Unfortunately we have to wait two weeks till we see the red wig. This more then likely will be the first interaction she will really have with someone, giving us and incite to Eve's personality. Episode 8 will be more of defining what Eve is.

RE: Eve/Juliette - panther19 - 02-01-2016

(12-12-2015, 09:37 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote:
(12-12-2015, 09:14 AM)crossbar Wrote:
(12-12-2015, 08:55 AM)grimmfan14 Wrote: She's a series regular again. She was gone for FIVE episodes? That's nothing. We barely saw any time for any reactions and now she's back. And I know they're going to go the cheap love interest route again, which is so irritating.

I don't think so. Nick isn't going to forget that Juliette was going to kill him. He's going to remember that she wanted Adalind dead; thus, killing his baby as well. He's not going to forget that she tried to kill Monroe and would have succeeded if it wasn't for Hank. He's not going to forget that she burned down the trailer and taking away a lot of things that would have helped him. He's not going to forget that she slept with Kenneth and the fact that she also slept with Renard still needs to come to light which really isn't a good foundation to start a romance from.

@crossbar. I agree with your summation. No way Nick just let's all that slide. I'm trying to remain optimistic. Perhaps her new character will be better written and acted. From the promo and blurb by JK, she is not Juliette and that's a definite plus!!Rolleyes

I also agree, but real time in Grimm doesn't seem to matter. Eve is the brainwashed version of Juliette as a hexenbiest and Nick wont forget that. But, what bothers me even more is Nick's reaction to sweet angelic Adalind. She wasn't much better and she has said her powers will come back. The characters have changed so drastically we don't know where the writers will go. IMO, this is why the ratings have dropped.

I also agree, but real time in Grimm doesn't seem to matter. Eve is the brainwashed version of Juliette as a hexenbiest and Nick wont forget that. But, what bothers me even more is Nick's reaction to sweet angelic Adalind. She wasn't much better and she has said her powers will come back. The characters have changed so drastically we don't know where the writers will go. IMO, this is why the ratings have dropped.

RE: Eve/Juliette - irukandji - 02-01-2016

(02-01-2016, 11:39 AM)panther19 Wrote: Eve is the brainwashed version of Juliette as a hexenbiest and Nick wont forget that.

It's really strange to me how the scoobies dealt with Juliette-the-hexenbiest. In other words, they didn't really seem to recognize that there was something more at work within her than the friend they knew and loved. For example, in their minds, it was Juliette who torched the trailer. Within the reality of the story, it was actually Juliette-the-hexenbiest who torched the trailer. Two different beings.

I mean, they got that Sean wasn't Sean, but Sean-the-ripper. They got that Nick wasn't Nick, but Nick-the-zombie. And in both cases, they recognized there was a problem and their friends were not their friends, but something else entirely.

Even Nick seemed to still have tunnel vision at the restaurant in last week's episode when he accused Juliette of setting him up. I don't know what that was about, he was never set up by Juliette. But, a little later, there was something in Nick's reaction to Eve that really intrigued me.

Now granted, it shouldn't be too difficult to realize something happened to Juliette, particularly with Bitsie's very wooden performance. But for Nick, who generally focused on everything else but Juliette, I found this astonishing and I have to admit, kind of cool.

He actually showed interest and asked her what "they" did to her. The fact that Nick actually clued in on it amazed me.

I'm paraphrasing here, but later in the episode he said something like 'he didn't know who Eve was'.

(02-01-2016, 11:39 AM)panther19 Wrote: But, what bothers me even more is Nick's reaction to sweet angelic Adalind. She wasn't much better and she has said her powers will come back. The characters have changed so drastically we don't know where the writers will go. IMO, this is why the ratings have dropped.

I too am bothered by his reaction. It seems to me that would just be more proof positive that Juliette was indeed Juliette-the-hexenbiest and her actions were attributable to the hexenbiest and not the human. In another vein, it should be an eye opener to Nick that this peaceful cohabitation or whatever they're doing isn't going to last.

I am actually hoping that Nick begins to wonder exactly what HW is all about and does not join up with them. I don't want him to get back with Juliette. That to me is over and done with. However, I wouldn't mind a story where there's some mystery as to what's happened to her and when he finds out the horrific truth, he goes on a mission to save her. Wishful thinking but I would have a lot of fun watching that story arc.

RE: Eve/Juliette - New Guy - 02-01-2016

Hi Forum,
There is much talk about Juliette/Hexenette/Eve as three separate beings. If you are of the group that says she is three then you leave Juliette as innocent.
During season 5, Adalind (also a hexebiest) spoke with Nick about all the bad things she had done. She knows she did them accepts responsibility and has expressed regret. If Adalind is a big enough woman to accept responsibility, why isn't Juliette?
I agree with Nick that Juliette is Eve.
New Guy

RE: Eve/Juliette - syscrash - 02-01-2016

Quote:There is much talk about Juliette/Hexenette/Eve as three separate beings. If you are of the group that says she is three then you leave Juliette as innocent.
During season 5, Adalind (also a hexebiest) spoke with Nick about all the bad things she had done. She knows she did them accepts responsibility and has expressed regret. If Adalind is a big enough woman to accept responsibility, why isn't Juliette?

Juliette problem is not being able to accept responsibility. It is the accepting responsibility that is bothering her. Where Juliette choose to die instead of living with herself. Adalind says I am sorry and everything is ok with her. Eve is not trying to atone for her deeds. She is just trying to find a way to live with herself because of what she is. The reason why Eve can never go back to being Juliette. Juliette would never be able to live with the fact she was an assassin.
Like the King told Juliette. It must be hard not being born into being a hexenbiest. Given time and growing into being a hexenbiest, would account for being able to adjust. Why Adalind did evil things but did not go bat shit crazy. She had a life time to adjust.

If Juliette was already cold and heartless, she would have taken the change in stride and keep on going. But if your life is that of compassion and concern, finding that you not only have the ability to kill but the mentality, would be a hard thing to reconcile within your self.

(02-01-2016, 06:05 PM)New Guy Wrote: Hi Forum,
There is much talk about Juliette/Hexenette/Eve as three separate beings. If you are of the group that says she is three then you leave Juliette as innocent.
New Guy

Juliette is innocent. She would have never torched the trailer or set up Kelly. Juliette the hexenbiest would. It's the same principle with Nick and Nick the Zombie. Nick would not kill an innocent guy at the bar. Nick the Zombie would. It was only when Nick reverted back to human that he expressed regret.

It's the same with Adalind. Now that her hexenbiest is suppressed, she can express regret to her heart's desire. As a hexenbiest, however..... we'd have never heard her express regret. It actually astonishes me that Nick never came to this conclusion about Juliette. He really is a doofus at times.

RE: Eve/Juliette - New Guy - 02-01-2016

(02-01-2016, 06:39 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(02-01-2016, 06:05 PM)New Guy Wrote: Hi Forum,
New Guy

Juliette is innocent. She would have never torched the trailer or set up Kelly. Juliette the hexenbiest would. It's the same principle with Nick and Nick the Zombie. Nick would not kill an innocent guy at the bar. Nick the Zombie would. It was only when Nick reverted back to human that he expressed regret.

It's the same with Adalind. Now that her hexenbiest is suppressed, she can express regret to her heart's desire. As a hexenbiest, however..... we'd have never heard her express regret. It actually astonishes me that Nick never came to this conclusion about Juliette. He really is a doofus at times.
Hi Irukandji,
Recall that only when Renard showed Nick the surveillance video did he know he killed the guy. No excuse, but he was out of his mind at the time. Criminally insane.
Juliette on the other hand clearly remembers all she did. She "likes who she is" and likes the vile acts she does. No insanity. All premeditated. Eve is Juliette and clearly remembers all those vile acts. She is even more wooden now and does not express pride in her deeds nor remorse for those deeds. When Meisner says "Eve Kill!" She just waits for who and where then kills without any thought. Just a robot. Nothing human about her, but that is no excuse.
Juliette/Hexenette/Eve torched the trailer and set up all the murders. She is a guilty felon.
New Guy

(02-01-2016, 07:05 PM)New Guy Wrote: Hi Irukandji,
Recall that only when Renard showed Nick the surveillance video did he know he killed the guy. No excuse, but he was out of his mind at the time. Criminally insane.
Juliette on the other hand clearly remembers all she did. She "likes who she is" and likes the vile acts she does. No insanity. All premeditated. Eve is Juliette and clearly remembers all those vile acts. She is even more wooden now and does not express pride in her deeds nor remorse for those deeds. When Meisner says "Eve Kill!" She just waits for who and where then kills without any thought. Just a robot. Nothing human about her, but that is no excuse.
Juliette/Hexenette/Eve torched the trailer and set up all the murders. She is a guilty felon.
New Guy

Hello New Guy-
I'm no lawyer here, but if I were a juror at Nick's trial, I wouldn't believe the old "well I blacked out so I don't remember anything." People have blacked out from intoxication while behind the wheel of a car and killed innocents. They don't get off with temporary insanity, they get convicted of motor vehicular homicide and sentenced to prison. In Nick's case it was even worse. If a jury had seen that tape (which I think was conveniently destroyed), they would have convicted Nick. There was clear intent there. Nick went after the man and killed him.

Juliette, on the other hand, might get off with temporary insanity. Nick dumped her, the scoobies dumped her, Nick puts her in jail, Adalind turns up, pregnant with Nick's kid. Juliette, enraged, tries to attack Adalind and Nick intervenes. Juliette torches the trailer. The rage Juliette experienced could actually constitute temporary insanity. She could be completely lucid and remember everything. However, during those periods of rage, Juliette could defend herself, stating her rage made her mentally ill, and thus unable to control herself.

She might not win, but there's a chance. In Nick's case, there would be zero chance.

RE: Eve/Juliette - Hexenadler - 02-01-2016

(02-01-2016, 08:45 PM)irukandji Wrote: Juliette, on the other hand, might get off with temporary insanity. Nick dumped her, the scoobies dumped her, Nick puts her in jail, Adalind turns up, pregnant with Nick's kid. Juliette, enraged, tries to attack Adalind and Nick intervenes. Juliette torches the trailer. The rage Juliette experienced could actually constitute temporary insanity. She could be completely lucid and remember everything. However, during those periods of rage, Juliette could defend herself, stating her rage made her mentally ill, and thus unable to control herself.

And the fact she contributed to the murder of Kelly Burkhardt by voluntarily cooperating with Kenneth? Not to mention the as-yet-undisclosed number of neighbors who were slaughtered by Kenneth's thugs on the exact same night because she disclosed the location of Nick's home? Houses that probably contained entire families who were savagely butchered? Is the jury supposed to gloss over those sordid little details?

Also, you're presenting a false version of what actually went down. The "Scoobies" DID try to help Juliette by offering her a potion designed to curb her nastier instincts, but she rejected it, and would have committed homicide in the process if not for Hank's intervention. They didn't dump her, she dumped them.