Grimm Forum
Eve/Juliette - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Eve/Juliette (/Thread-Eve-Juliette)

RE: Eve/Juliette - eric - 01-30-2016

My take on Eve is that besides counseling and therapy(what some are calling breaking her), HW has given her a potion that damps down her emotions. People who are manic are given meds to calm them down, and need counseling to convince them that they have to stay on their meds to be able to deal with the rest of the world. Many people get off their meds because they don't like the reduction in their emotional and energy levels. Chaos happens, hopefully they get back on the meds and resume counseling. If push comes to shove, will Eve be able to resist getting off her meds--it would get really messy fast if she does.

RE: Eve/Juliette - syscrash - 01-30-2016

For what Eve does she could not be drugged, she could not be forced. She has to have perfect judgement. The point is Eve is a stone cold assassin. Which is a lot different than emotionless killer. I do wonder where her boundaries are going to be, or if the show is even going to make that and issue.

RE: Eve/Juliette - Grimmbiest11 - 01-30-2016

So what does Eve do in her spare time when she is not at work? Read paperbacks in her cell and watch Netflix shows?

RE: Eve/Juliette - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 01-30-2016

(01-30-2016, 02:32 PM)syscrash Wrote: you are right they broke her, they got her to see what she needed. The same reason she had no control over her emotional outbreaks , is the same reason she could not assist in her training. Self recovery never works, you also can not be forced into recovery, you have to be willing. Only you can turn your will over to a higher power.

It is like and addict. Many of use it was not that we did not know what we where doing was damaging, it is not like we wanted to keep doing what we where doing. Every addict has had to deal with people who just could not understand, why "just don't do it" won't work. Why it is not a case of the lack of will power. It is not until we get out of your head, and quite trying to run our own program, that we can start to change.

Like Eve said she is starting over and it is not easy. In fact ask any recovering addict, it is very brutal. Until your self will is completely broken and you accept you are not in control. Until you are willing to turn it over to a power greater then yourself, you will never change. As any addict will tell you in your first year, you avoid personal and emotional connections, because they lead to the triggers that got you on your destructive path in the first place.

Anyone that has not been there or worked with someone in recovery. May have trouble understanding what Eve went though and why she is who she is. Eve reminds me of someone fresh out of recovery. In my recovery I took up martial arts for the discipline and as a release of aggression. Pent up anger is a dangerous trigger. Now instead of medicating my problems. I participate in adrenaline driven activities.

Your analogy is very good. But it falls in one point. The HW is not a doctor trying to free a person from an addiction.

It is a military organization using the addiction to take control over the addicted and to transform the addicted in a weapon.

The writers can change everything in the next episode. They do that all the time… But episode 7 from season 5 is about Eve the WEAPON. Weapon is a thing, an object. Nothing will change that. If Eve was supposed to be seeing as a person, she would be the ultimate SOLDIER.

That is exactly what the writers told me in that episode.
If it was Eve the person, it would have been: Eve, the ultimate SOLDIER (a person).
But they used…: Eve, the ultimate WEAPON (an object).

RE: Eve/Juliette - syscrash - 01-30-2016

When Eve is out she is all weapon. In the restaurant, when Nick was pushing her buttons and thinking she was ignoring him. She was at work constantly surveying the scene. She knows she is being watched and has a very narrow window to get the job done. When she went back to the compound and was off the clock, that was when she became human again. Noticed how she strutted down the hall ripping off her wig proud of a job well done.

RE: Eve/Juliette - wfmyers1207 - 01-31-2016

There is another factor in the restaurant scene that I think needs to be considered. After Eve killed the BC leader, she simply walked out the door assuming that Nick would take care of the two body guards. Under the circumstances that was one hell of an assumption! Confused

That is why IMO the whole thing was a test by HW to see if Nick would still back her up, even after what she did to Kelly and tried to do to Nick. Dodgy

RE: Eve/Juliette - New Guy - 01-31-2016

Hi Forum,
My wife got me to watch Grimm, so I want you all to know how disappointed she is that the preview teaser showed Eve as:
[Image: Grimm-Tulloch-768x512.jpg]
She was sooo excited about Eve's red wig. Are you intrigued? Where is that confounded red wig?
New Guy

RE: Eve/Juliette - wfmyers1207 - 01-31-2016

@New Guy. I think that is going to be in episode 9. The synopsis for that episode mentions Eve interogating a BC suspect.

RE: Eve/Juliette - New Guy - 01-31-2016

(01-31-2016, 12:59 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: @New Guy. I think that is going to be in episode 9. The synopsis for that episode mentions Eve interogating a BC suspect.
Thanks WF. I told my wife she has to wait two weeks to see the red wig. She has no comment. New Guy

RE: Eve/Juliette - jsgrimm45 - 01-31-2016

I noted Trubel there what else may we learn for that episode? No doubt Trubel would ask questions.