Grimm Forum
Eve/Juliette - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Eve/Juliette (/Thread-Eve-Juliette)

RE: Eve/Juliette - syscrash - 01-30-2016

Ok they proved the point she is not Juliette. I am trying to see this Eve not as a tortured sole. But as someone that realized Juliette couldn't handle being a hexenbiest. Eve choose to become a weapon giving her purpose. As we saw in the restaurant she does not react on emotion. No matter how hard Nick pushed no reaction. She did here job an though threatened she did not retaliate. The problem she was having as Juliette. As Juliette when provoked she would retaliate with a vengeance. The same Adalind would do. The thing that Adalind is afraid of will come back. The need to retaliate when threatened. A real comparison to the personality of a hexenbiest is someone suffering from road rage. That is exactly what was going on with Juliette in the spice shop. Full on road rage.

RE: Eve/Juliette - brandon - 01-30-2016

Juliette Sean threatened would happen if she was returning to something not normal, cursing the world "Wesen".
she let go of the hatred-not guilty consider the "Hexenbiest" in which
went back..I also happened to the guy working at the headquarters.did not want to be a "Wesen" as such-and went on to say it was a "Grimm"

RE: Eve/Juliette - New Guy - 01-30-2016

Hi Forum,
So 5.07 resolves all issues, answered all questions and set a clear direction for Grimm, correct? Well, not for me. I'll just post a few random comments:
1. Nick and Adalind had a kiss.
2. When characters learned that Juliette was not dead (or is she?) they were surprised and concerned.
3. When Trubel found out about Juliette, she went to Meisner and they had a fight.
4. So Nick and Juliette meet in the restaurant. Was it a "big confrontation?" Was "everything explained?"
Is everybody happy?
New Guy

RE: Eve/Juliette - brandon - 01-30-2016

the restaurant was not much, but I liked how she.
and beat Meisner Juliette.and Nick harsh reaction to the new weapon-Eve.
I would not have liked to see sad Nick.
Juliette never accept the change.This is new for all life.
as a "Hexenbiest can use such spells could use something like writing a letter with the letter of Juliette.they say went on a journey.
who appears at the end of the promo of the next chapter is Juliette?It will be another part of his capture?

RE: Eve/Juliette - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 01-30-2016

Eve acts like a robot....

What is your name? THEY call me Eve (It was not choose by her).

Why are you here? Why THEY need you. (She didn't have a choice).

Why did you save me? Because THEY wanted...

Eve is not a tortured soul... She a being with NO soul... She is just a weapon... Just a thing used by the HW in their war. She didn't choose to became Eve...

Meisner hited Julietee until she became Eve if she survived... It was not a choice...

The writers made their point ... Juliette is dead... But Eve... Eve is not alive... She is just... a weapon... a thing...

That is how I see the new character...

RE: Eve/Juliette - New Guy - 01-30-2016

Hello Adriano,
Your assessment:
Quote:Eve is not a tortured soul... She a being with NO soul... She is just a weapon... Just a thing used by the HW in their war. She didn't choose to became Eve...
Juliette is dead... But Eve... Eve is not alive... She is just... a weapon... a thing...
seems accurate. She is a thing with Juliette's corpse, Juliette's memories and Hexenett's attitude. Hexenette rejected all responsibility for the heinous acts she committed. Eve seems totally wooden, a robotic killing machine. She remembers betraying Kelly's trust, the violent murder and decapitation. Yet she seems devoid of any sense of wrongdoing.
Right on Adriano!
New Guy

RE: Eve/Juliette - jsgrimm45 - 01-30-2016

In another post someone posted the one's at the factory may not all be dead and that it looked only to be a few. Looks like it was a massacre. So what can we draw from that?

Understanding Eve is simple. Understanding Eve also helps understand Adalinds concern about the suppression wearing off. The comments about Juliette/ Eve and Adalind is that they lack taking responsibility for their actions. What people don't take into account, they are hexenbiest and their power is that of feeding on the emotions of others.

After reviewing all of Adalind's actions and then Juliettes actions. It seems the wrters have defined the hexenbiest trait as one that is emotion driven. What it seems is Hexenbiest have a need to inflict emotional harm. It is why Hexenbiest have the ability to draw their pray in emotionally so the attack will have the biggest impact, thus giving them the biggest since of satisfaction. Think of it as how they feed. They feed on the anguish and sorrow of others.

Think about each attack perpetrated by Adalind and Juliette. Think about what Sean said about why attacking Hank instead of Nick would have the biggest impact. What is the common thread about everyone of the attacks? It was never about causing physical harm, they all went for what would cause the biggest emotional impact on the intended victim. The victim being Nick.

When it comes to Eve, both Meisner and Eve keep saying when asked what they did. "They did what they had to". What they did was remove the need to feed on emotional strife. They replaced it with being cold and calculating. With out the baggage of having to suppress her emotional urges, she is no longer dangerous, just deadly. In the restaurant Nick pushed every button he could. The only one that became frustrated was Nick. The purpose was to show Eve is in control of her anger, and no longer dangerous, subject to emotional outbreaks, like burning down the trailer. They ended with showing though not dangerous she is deadly.

RE: Eve/Juliette - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 01-30-2016

(01-30-2016, 01:26 PM)syscrash Wrote: When it comes to Eve, both Meisner and Eve keep saying when asked what they did. "They did what they had to".

This analysis is almost perfect... It is missing just one point.... All the time Eve say They... She didn't mean We...

She was not part of the decision process....

When Meisner and Eve (and the writers) say They... THEY means Chavez, Meisner and the HW... In this process Eve was not treated as a person... She was treated only as weapon...
The HW does care about the person... That didn't exist anymore.... They just care about the weapon.

you are right they broke her, they got her to see what she needed. The same reason she had no control over her emotional outbreaks , is the same reason she could not assist in her training. Self recovery never works, you also can not be forced into recovery, you have to be willing. Only you can turn your will over to a higher power.

It is like and addict. Many of use it was not that we did not know what we where doing was damaging, it is not like we wanted to keep doing what we where doing. Every addict has had to deal with people who just could not understand, why "just don't do it" won't work. Why it is not a case of the lack of will power. It is not until we get out of your head, and quite trying to run our own program, that we can start to change.

Like Eve said she is starting over and it is not easy. In fact ask any recovering addict, it is very brutal. Until your self will is completely broken and you accept you are not in control. Until you are willing to turn it over to a power greater then yourself, you will never change. As any addict will tell you in your first year, you avoid personal and emotional connections, because they lead to the triggers that got you on your destructive path in the first place.

Anyone that has not been there or worked with someone in recovery. May have trouble understanding what Eve went though and why she is who she is. Eve reminds me of someone fresh out of recovery. In my recovery I took up martial arts for the discipline and as a release of aggression. Pent up anger is a dangerous trigger. Now instead of medicating my problems. I participate in adrenaline driven activities.