Grimm Forum
Eve/Juliette - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Eve/Juliette (/Thread-Eve-Juliette)

RE: Eve/Juliette - syscrash - 01-19-2016

The synopsis in star crossed says a mouth full. "Hadrian's Wall's war against Black Claw intensifies as Eve (Bitsie Tulloch) uses her unique skills to interrogate a suspect". It says she will be in control, not controlled. It says she will have no hesitation for using her powers. That she is doing interrogations, would suggest mind control. Definitely she will be working with Nick so she won't be trying to kill Adalind.

RE: Eve/Juliette - irukandji - 01-20-2016

(01-19-2016, 08:39 PM)syscrash Wrote: The synopsis in star crossed says a mouth full. "Hadrian's Wall's war against Black Claw intensifies as Eve (Bitsie Tulloch) uses her unique skills to interrogate a suspect". It says she will be in control, not controlled. It says she will have no hesitation for using her powers. That she is doing interrogations, would suggest mind control. Definitely she will be working with Nick so she won't be trying to kill Adalind.

Oh I sincerely hope they are NOT going to pair her with Nick. That is the last thing I want to see.

RE: Eve/Juliette - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 01-20-2016

(01-19-2016, 07:15 PM)irukandji Wrote: I was looking at a script from Season 4 and wanted to bring up something I had completely forgotten.

Sean and Adalind are talking about Juliette as a hexenbiest and Sean makes a comment that he found out because Juliette had no where else to turn. He also confirmed to Adalind that the change took him by surprise. Adalind guesses that Sean sent Juliette to Henrietta.

Adalind goes on to say that if this happened to Juliette, that means that someone helped Nick to become a Grimm again.

I believe Adalind was referring to Elizabeth as the someone who helped Nick to become a Grimm again.

I'm not sure who said it, but there was a comment that Juliette's condition was a "unique, like, once-in-a-lifetime, doesn't ever seem to have happened before kind of event conundrum".

All of this points to one person; Adalind. Did Adalind sabotage Nick in some way so that if anyone attempted to reverse the spell, Nick would infect that person and they would suffer the consequences? They would become that once in a lifetime conundrum? What makes it even more insidious is that Nick would get his Grimm powers, so that part would be a success. However, the person who participated with him in the spell would be irreparably damaged.

Just from the way Adalind talks about this, she seems to know more than anyone about how the reverse spell works.

It also seems to clear both Sean and Elizabeth.

I interpret it in another way... Adelaind put a lock in the speel that only a powerful hexanbiest capable of fully understand the spell would be able to undo it. The is why Elizabeth said to win a hexanbiest like Adelaind they would need a hexanbiest like her.

This means Elizabeth understood the lock and unbroken it. She was pretty aware that unbreak the lock meant transform Juliette in a hexanbiest too.

This clean Sean... It didn't clean Elizabeth...

It raises a question... Why would Adelaind create a spell that would create a hexanbiest more powerful then herself?

Unless...
1. Creating the hexanbiest was not part of the process of taking Nick's powers, but it was necessary for giving it back to him. It was necessary to unlock the spell...

2. Then, Elizabeth created the hexanbiest because she knew it was part of the reverse spell.

3. And then... Elizabeth made this hexanbiest as powerful as she could... As some kind of revenge over Adelaind... It ended up happening...

(01-20-2016, 06:46 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: This means Elizabeth understood the lock and unbroken it. She was pretty aware that unbreak the lock meant transform Juliette in a hexanbiest too.

But from what I saw, Elizabeth didn't entirely understand it. I recall her sounding surprised that Adalind could even do this spell in the first place. I think Rosalee asked if it could be reversed and Elizabeth said something to the effect of having to think about it, something like that.

That tells me Elizabeth understood the basics of the spell and could reverse a basic version of the spell, but seemed uncertain of how to reverse a complicated version without giving it serious thought.

This also explains to me why Elizabeth told Nick and Juliette there might be side effects without knowing what the side effects were. It also tells me that spells can be altered, which I believe is what Adalind did.

The blame for this falls with Adalind, in my opinion.

(01-20-2016, 07:03 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(01-20-2016, 06:46 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: This means Elizabeth understood the lock and unbroken it. She was pretty aware that unbreak the lock meant transform Juliette in a hexanbiest too.

But from what I saw, Elizabeth didn't entirely understand it. I recall her sounding surprised that Adalind could even do this spell in the first place. I think Rosalee asked if it could be reversed and Elizabeth said something to the effect of having to think about it, something like that.

That tells me Elizabeth understood the basics of the spell and could reverse a basic version of the spell, but seemed uncertain of how to reverse a complicated version without giving it serious thought.

This also explains to me why Elizabeth told Nick and Juliette there might be side effects without knowing what the side effects were. It also tells me that spells can be altered, which I believe is what Adalind did.

In the moment she talked to Rosalee, probably she was still studying the spell... Elizabeth didn't know yet everything about it.

In the moment she told Nick and Juliette that might be side effects... She knew the side effects was Juliette becoming hexanbiest... She just didn't want to tell...

I think it is hard to believe Elizabeth didn't understood the spell deep enough to know this possibility...

I have the impression that she is by far the most powerful born hexanbiest in the show until now....

But as Jsgrimm45 use to say.... This is just my opinion... Plus 5 dollars you by you a cop of coffee... Big Grin

Just for the records.. The point is... I don't trust hexanbiest... None of them.. We use to say here in Brazil:
I don't put my hands on fire for them. Would you?

(01-20-2016, 07:03 AM)irukandji Wrote:

In the moment she talked to Rosalee, probably she was still studying the spell... Elizabeth didn't know yet everything about it.

In the moment she told Nick and Juliette that might be side effects... She knew the side effects was Juliette becoming hexanbiest... She just didn't want to tell...

I think it is hard to believe Elizabeth didn't understood the spell deep enough to know this possibility...

I have the impression that she is by far the most powerful born hexanbiest in the show until now....

But as Jsgrimm45 use to say.... This is just my opinion... Plus 5 dollars you by you a cop of coffee... Big Grin

Just for the records.. The point is... I don't trust hexanbiest... None of them.. We use to say here in Brazil:
I don't put my hands on fire for them. Would you?

But here's the thing. Adalind didn't have to guess. She already knew. That's why I see her as the guilty one.

(01-20-2016, 07:48 AM)irukandji Wrote: But here's the thing. Adalind didn't have to guess. She already knew. That's why I see her as the guilty one.

But here's the thing. Adelaind didn't have to guess. She already knew. This means it was part of the process. The person to undo it was suppose to know or the reverse spell wouldn't work....

Was Adelaind the guilty one? Sure. Why does it necessary mean she is the only one?

Elizabeth is guilty too. At least she knew the possible side effects and hided it from them. But if you think it does clean her... That is OK for me... But I think Elizabeth is also guilty....

(01-20-2016, 07:59 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: Elizabeth is guilty too. At least she knew the possible side effects and hided it from them. But if you think it does clean her... That is OK for me... But I think Elizabeth is also guilty....

I don't think so for one reason. I believe Adalind sabotaged the spell in the first place. Whatever she did would not be in the book Elizabeth was looking at, so all she would see was the original spell, not Adalind's tampering.

Elizabeth said there could be possible side effects, but I believe she didn't know what they were. She was working blind here. There was no reverse spell in the book so she had to make it up.

(01-20-2016, 08:13 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(01-20-2016, 07:59 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: Elizabeth is guilty too. At least she knew the possible side effects and hided it from them. But if you think it does clean her... That is OK for me... But I think Elizabeth is also guilty....

I don't think so for one reason. I believe Adalind sabotaged the spell in the first place. Whatever she did would not be in the book Elizabeth was looking at, so all she would see was the original spell, not Adalind's tampering.

Elizabeth said there could be possible side effects, but I believe she didn't know what they were. She was working blind here. There was no reverse spell in the book so she had to make it up.

Let's agree on disagree... Big Grin

But about Adelaind... She is really stupid... because then she created a hexabiest more powerfull them herself...

(01-20-2016, 08:17 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: But about Adelaind... She is really stupid... because then she created a hexabiest more powerfull them herself...

Just one final thing on Elizabeth. I don't see any motive for her to turn Juliette into an all powerful hexenbiest. It just doesn't mesh in my opinion. So I believe what happened was not deliberate. Plus, we're a good ways into season 5. By now, if there was some connection, it seems to me we'd be seeing something.

As for Adalind, this is a good comment and I have been thinking about it. The only thing I can say is that she may not have realized what she created. She seemed to know that a hexenbiest would be the result, but she had no idea of Juliette's power. Which could go back to something else. Juliette had some kind of DNA that reacted and she became all powerful.