Grimm Forum
Will Grimm continue beyond this year? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Will Grimm continue beyond this year? (/Thread-Will-Grimm-continue-beyond-this-year)

Pages: 1 2 3

Will Grimm continue beyond this year? - grimmfan14 - 12-09-2015

I know people talk about syndication, but the ratings are quite terrible right now for Grimm. Also, the scheduling STINKS and is going to affect the ratings further. 5 episodes, a week off, one episode, then winter hiatus, that's no time for momentum or creating a good story before the long break.

I can't imagine the show going beyond this season.

RE: Will Grimm continue beyond this year? - Hexenadler - 12-09-2015

I'm wondering about he specific cause behind the ratings drop. Are general audiences (I'm not just talking about fans) simply unhappy with the direction they took some of the characters in the previous season? Or is it really just the scheduling?

At any rate, I'm still hoping they squeeze out a season 6, if only because they need to make up for the sins of the past. Dodgy

RE: Will Grimm continue beyond this year? - wfmyers1207 - 12-10-2015

Well, you both bring up good points. NBC is a very poorly run network. The scheduling does stink and they really need to move the storyline along better.

However, I think there will be a S6. It's not really doing that bad for a Friday night show and when the DVR +7 ratings are included the overall ratings nearly double. But, we'll see.Dodgy

RE: Will Grimm continue beyond this year? - jsgrimm45 - 12-10-2015

(12-10-2015, 10:36 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: Well, you both bring up good points. NBC is a very poorly run network. The scheduling does stink and they really need to move the storyline along better.

However, I think there will be a S6. It's not really doing that bad for a Friday night show and when the DVR +7 ratings are included the overall ratings nearly double. But, we'll see.Dodgy
You seem to be up on the rating and the how of them do DVD sales count? I also see at least a 6th season only way out would be a 2 hour close for the series. Or like Firefly a movie.

RE: Will Grimm continue beyond this year? - Pontiac Dude - 12-10-2015

(12-10-2015, 11:42 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(12-10-2015, 10:36 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: Well, you both bring up good points. NBC is a very poorly run network. The scheduling does stink and they really need to move the storyline along better.

You seem to be up on the rating and the how of them do DVD sales count? I also see at least a 6th season only way out would be a 2 hour close for the series. Or like Firefly a movie.

Hard to keep track of when a new episode is running with the show break, show, break, etc. People get bored when you have only a few episodes and go on break. The networks fault as I don't watch much regular TV anymore because of that reason. Used to be started in Sept and ended in the spring.

RE: Will Grimm continue beyond this year? - speakeasy - 12-10-2015

One reason for maybe ending the show after Season 5 could be that there are so many very good tv shows these days, especially on cable, that it is hard to pick out a few to follow. Most people aren't able to watch the original airing of a program and have to rewatch somehow. Point being that folks only have so much time and attention to devote to watching favorite shows. Nature hates a vaccuum, and while Grimm is being cancelled and delayed so often, other shows could fill it and siphon off viewers. Sad

RE: Will Grimm continue beyond this year? - syscrash - 12-10-2015

if there is a season 6 there will be a season 7 and 8. Season 5 is a new show, but the writers a slow to transition the audience. Season 5 is the same as shows that do the go back in time a have a do over.

The problem I see they may have with Season 5 is they are going to really blur the line between how is good and who is bad. There will be no big bad. It will all depend on your point of view. Juliette was a test run to see if the viewers would by the bluring of the line. For some, Juliette was a women hurt very deeply. Her enemy sleep with her boyfriend and is having his baby. Her boyfriend defends her enemy. As a normal women Juliette would have considered the consequences and implications of her actions. But as a Wesen she retaliates with extreme prejudice. The show makes a point in the dialog between Rosalee and Juliette in jail. That Juliette is being driven by the wessen part of her. The part that makes her feel all powerful. Like the point Maggie was making in Iron Hand, as wessen we are at the top of the food chain, and are expected to go after the weaker pray. The same as cats chase mice, and dogs chase cats. That part that Monroe and Rosale on a daily bases suppress.

Then you have the group that sees Juliette as a vengeful villain, someone that is rejecting the ones that love her, and only want to cure her. This group sees burning the trailer as overreacting to Nick standing up and being a responsible father protecting his child.

Season 5 is taking that same plot device and applying it to the entire Wessen Ideology. The Rat King is a good example. Is Selena innocent or guilty? Depends on how you see the show. If you are in the first group that realize that you are Wessen first human second. You understand accept why the Reinigen wanted to eliminate Selena. You will also understand why warden Hook is training the kids to embrace their wessen side, instead of suppressing it like the Wessen that have assimilated into society do.

If you are in the group the see this as the good guys are the Wessen that are becoming part of society, the ones that are human first and Wessen second. You are the group that sees survival of the fittest as having no place in society. You are the group that doesn't understand why big Kelly doesn't hold a grudge against Sean for Aunt Marie. You don't understand why each of the Wessen in the WOW are not always the bad guy. You can't separate the characters human idiocy from their wessen nature.

Because of this divide the writers are making. what makes on side happy will piss the other side off. People that can see the objectivity in the writing will be ok. The people in one camp or the other that can ignore or satisfied with complaining about the parts supporting the opposite side will be ok. It is the ones who are entrench in one side or the other and see the opposite point of view as bad writing that will leave the show.

Also a lot will depend on what they do with Nick. He has been doing a good job of walking both sides. But can he continue to do that as the disparity in the sides keeps increasing. In the first four season the disparity was limited to the WOW. Now it will be included in the main arc.

RE: Will Grimm continue beyond this year? - Hexenadler - 12-10-2015

(12-10-2015, 03:33 PM)syscrash Wrote: Because of this divide the writers are making. what makes on side happy will piss the other side off. People that can see the objectivity in the writing will be ok. The people in one camp or the other that can ignore or satisfied with complaining about the parts supporting the opposite side will be ok. It is the ones who are entrench in one side or the other and see the opposite point of view as bad writing that will leave the show.

It's not that simple. No matter how you choose to view it, Adalind raped Nick. Even if she was pretending to be Juliette at the time, the end result was still rape. Building a romantic relationship on rape goes far beyond objective opinion. It's legitimately disturbing. The significantly lower ratings suggest this isn't a minority opinion either. Sometimes bad writing really is just bad writing.

RE: Will Grimm continue beyond this year? - syscrash - 12-10-2015

[quote]
It's not that simple. No matter how you choose to view it, Adalind raped Nick. Even if she was pretending to be Juliette at the time, the end result was still rape. Building a romantic relationship on rape goes far beyond objective opinion. It's legitimately disturbing. The significantly lower ratings suggest this isn't a minority opinion either. Sometimes bad writing really is just bad writing.
[\quote]

The fact that you posted Rape followed by legitimate shows you missed the point. In the same way a hexenbiest compelling someone to sign a contract is not fraud. Just as Adalind tricking Nick by body switching is not rape. As for as the show goes.

This is why I am concerned about the show continuing. This grey area is now part of the main arc so it you will not be able to ignore it. Reading the comments a lot of people get it. they understand where and what the writers are doing. There are thoses of use that like that it is not black and white. Makes for predicting out almost impossible. Because it is not black and white we got the Juliette transformation.

I am not sure if the viewers are ready for a show that is meant to confuse.

RE: Will Grimm continue beyond this year? - izzy - 12-10-2015

(12-10-2015, 05:35 PM)syscrash Wrote: I am not sure if the viewers are ready for a show that is meant to confuse.

Well there was the baffling 1967 British TV series called The Prisoner...LOL!

As a aside, I think viewers in the generic sense of television audiences in at least the U.S. are probably ready for less areas of gray in their life and looking for more black and white venue. Currently I think folks are maxed out on shades of gray both in real life and the entertainment world.