Grimm Forum
The Order of the Knights of Malta - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: The Order of the Knights of Malta (/Thread-The-Order-of-the-Knights-of-Malta)

Pages: 1 2

The Order of the Knights of Malta - wfmyers1207 - 12-05-2015

I am going to go way out into left field here and engage in some wild speculation! I am also using some ideas that were posted by myself and other Forum members way back between S3 and S4. This is going to be a long one. So, please bear with me! Big Grin

OK folks here we go.

The real world:

The Order of the Knights of Malta (originally The Order of the Knights of St. John of Jerusalem) were the first of the militant Orders to be formed.
They are the only militant Order that fought in every Crusade.
They are the only militant Order that still exists. At least officially. Dodgy
The Order is considered a sovereign nation and has diplomatic relations with over 80 countries.
The Order is closely affiliated with the Vatican, but is not under the control of the Vatican.
The island of Malta is a very quaint place I understand. But, besides tourism, there is little reason to stop there. However, it once had far more strategic value. Last time during WWII when it was a vital naval and air base for Allied forces.

The world of Grimm:

One of the 7 Grimm Knights was a member of the Order. (In fact, it would be strange if one of them were not a member of one of the militant Orders. Those Orders were the bulk of the Crusader Knights during every Crusade.)

This knight bequeathed his key to his brother knights. Being celibate, he would have no family to pass it on to and so it went to the Order for protection. He may have even given it to the Grand Master while he was still alive and told the Grand Master what it led to. Done under the Seal of the Confessional, this information could be repeated to no one. Not even the Pope.

Here is where the wild ass speculation begins.

The Grand Master of the Order of the Knights of Malta has, and always has had, the 7th key.
The Grand Masters know, and always have known, what was hidden. The Order has protected the key and this information for over 800 years.
The Order still recruits Grimms to this very day in order to protect against infiltration by wesen and/or the Werrat.
During WWII, when Malta was of such strategic importance, the Order filled some Allied intelligence people in on some of what was going on with the Werrat and the Royals. (This is where "Wild Bill" Donovan enters the picture.) And that is when their affiliation or alliance with the Chavez/Meisner group begins.
The Order is also fighting against Black Claw and Truble went to Malta to help them and/or be briefed by them on some vital intel.

OK class, discuss!!Tongue

RE: The Order of the Knights of Malta - Hexenadler - 12-05-2015

I don't know a whole lot about the Knights of Malta, so I really can't comment about them. However, I like the idea of the Vatican not only being aware of the existence of Wesen, but having their own private army of Grimms at their disposal to mete out justice among "the Devil's children" wherever they deem it necessary.

Finding out if other historical figures were Grimms could be fascinating. I've always wondered if Matthew Hopkins was a Grimm, considering he was supposed to be one of the most successful "witch-hunters" of his day.

RE: The Order of the Knights of Malta - jsgrimm45 - 12-05-2015

I like the points and agree that Malta is in here someplace. Also your "Analysis" I believe is spot on.

Now I going somewhat more into left field. The order has tracked all the families that had keys besides the one they know of and have as you point out and to which I agree. Trubel went to Malta as a training and info on this (Charvez) group and how the wesen group was defeated in the past. This isn't the first time they have tried this, always being pushed back but never being destroyed. I also think Malta may have the complete map but the keys and a 7 Grimm's are still needed to open whatever. I put the 7 Grimm's in play as a idea because that would add a layer of protection. If not 7 then some number like missile bases have 2 keys.

I don't think the resistance knows anything about this and think that Meisner was always working for this group and was an inside man with the resistance in case they got wind of this order.

This new group (may) know of the keys and map and want this themselves could be the end of them if it is found. I say that as being little weak because why would the Knights hide it in that case why not use it. Just of debate on why not use it if it would destroy this group?

When the keys show up missing Trubel has taken them and the order has 3 keys now. Question when she tells Nick how will he see it as good or bad?

As you say when the OSS was brought in on this in say 1942 they and now the Chavez group help fund keeping this secret, but I think Wild Bill took this out of OSS control after the war and buried it even deeper in the government. Question then are there other governments involved?

I will be coming back to this as your ideas seep in some more, Thanks.What about the Templer's?

RE: The Order of the Knights of Malta - jsgrimm45 - 12-12-2015

On your post about how high up it goes in gov. Could the base of ops be in Malta and the over government groups don't know who is pulling the strings? Could the group for the most part be self funding (I'm think Templer's money and the keys may fit) take only some amounts from the gov like doing real intel but only on the surface. After all this group would come across intel covering many non wesen plots etc.

Like I said in your other post the head of the group can't be elected no way to control the control so to speak.

RE: The Order of the Knights of Malta - Elkhound - 12-12-2015

The HQ of the Knights is no longer in Malta, but in Rome. I agree, though, that atrubel's trip to Malta may be significant.

RE: The Order of the Knights of Malta - wfmyers1207 - 12-12-2015

@jsgrimm45 and elkhound. As I mentioned in another thread, when Nick was leafing through Truble's phony passport, they just flipped by most things. But, the camera seemed to linger on the Malta visa stamp for a second. As if they wanted the audience to remember that.

Could be nothing. But, I have a feeling that something about Malta WILL play into this storyline later. Dodgy

RE: The Order of the Knights of Malta - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 12-21-2015

(12-12-2015, 02:56 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: @jsgrimm45 and elkhound. As I mentioned in another thread, when Nick was leafing through Truble's phony passport, they just flipped by most things. But, the camera seemed to linger on the Malta visa stamp for a second. As if they wanted the audience to remember that.

Could be nothing. But, I have a feeling that something about Malta WILL play into this storyline later. Dodgy

wfmyers1207, I have seeing this stamp and remembered your theory about Malta in that exactly moment.
It has being said the HW is a government group, but I have the impression the HW to work as it should it must be an international organization, since the wesen rebellion appears to be planned in many countries.

Don’t you think that the HW has its origin in Malta somehow? Or maybe Knights of Malta has some deal support/collaboration actions with HW… Do you think this can be the reason why one of Trubel’s passport has a stamp from Malta?

RE: The Order of the Knights of Malta - wfmyers1207 - 12-21-2015

@Adriano. Those are some of my thoughts as well. I think that HW goes back to World War II and has it's origins with some members of the American OSS (now the CIA), British MI6, etc.. That it is international, with members in many other intelligence agencies like the Israeli Mossad, etc..

But the Knights have known about all this for a very long time! From their point of view HW is made up of a bunch of rookies! Tongue

My theory goes like this: They watched HW to see if they were to be trusted and then at some time in the fairly recent past, maybe 50 - 60 years ago, the Knights made contact with HW and began to fill them in on all of what was happening.

In fact, given the ancient reference to 'Hadrian's Wall', perhaps it was the Knights who gathered people from different intel agencies (who had found out some of what was going on) together and were the ones who actually formed HW in the first place. Dodgy

The Knights and HW have been allies against the Royals and Black Claw ever since.

RE: The Order of the Knights of Malta - jsgrimm45 - 12-21-2015

(12-21-2015, 06:55 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote:
(12-12-2015, 02:56 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: @jsgrimm45 and elkhound. As I mentioned in another thread, when Nick was leafing through Truble's phony passport, they just flipped by most things. But, the camera seemed to linger on the Malta visa stamp for a second. As if they wanted the audience to remember that.

wfmyers1207, I have seeing this stamp and remembered your theory about Malta in that exactly moment.
It has being said the HW is a government group, but I have the impression the HW to work as it should it must be an international organization, since the wesen rebellion appears to be planned in many countries.

Don’t you think that the HW has its origin in Malta somehow? Or maybe Knights of Malta has some deal support/collaboration actions with HW… Do you think this can be the reason why one of Trubel’s passport has a stamp from Malta?
I think we also must add Brazil and Lisbon Trubel said she been there twice.

RE: The Order of the Knights of Malta - crossbar - 12-21-2015

I like the idea of having an order of Grimm's. I mean, right now we are under the impression that Grimm's are few and far in between and live a nomadic lifestyle. Nick is the only Grimm that has stayed put in Portland. But, it would be kind of cool to see Grimm's come together and fight as a whole. To come together and become organized when need be.

I like that idea. Because, right now they have the Claw that wants to dominate and have a world ruled by Wesen. Therefore, humans would either become extinct or slaves. I've always looked at Grimm's as kind of the Guardians of Mankind. The highest order of humans that exist so what the Claw is proposing to do never happens. So, forget the HW and everything else. Have the Grimm's come together.